Son Quest (Dragon Ball)

[X] Tell goku to send the nimbus into the jeep drivers face, then blast the jeep with overpowered gale palm when he's blinded.

The Diablo Desert, pt. 4
[ ] Borrow Goku's power pole and use its extending function to 'snipe' the gunner and the driver in that order.

"Goku! I have an idea, but I need to use your staff! How do I make it extend!?" you yell.

"Just want it to!" Goku replies as he hands you his staff.

You sincerely hope that it's that simple, or all three of you are in trouble.

Awareness + Speed (10.5) vs. Difficulty (10) – Success!

You managed to line up the staff with the enemy gunner just as he started readying the minigun to fire…

Weapon Skill + Weapon Speed (11) vs. Difficulty (10) – Success!

Your first attack strikes true, hitting the gunner square in the forehead. The speed and force behind the extending staff is enough to knock him out and knock him back. Luckily for him, his body lands in the bed of the jeep rather than falling off entirely.

Wasting no time, you line up a second shot, this time at the driver, just to make sure that minigun won't be a problem anymore. To make sure it breaks through the glass (after all, this is a jeep; it might be bulletproof glass), you quickly retract the staff and then thrust it forward like a spear as you extend it once again.

Might + Weapon Skill (11) vs. Difficulty (9) – Success!

It's even easier the second time. The shatter-resistant glass has a hole bored into it by the staff, and you strike the driver.

It occurs to you later that even if the staff itself didn't have enough force behind it to cave in the man's skull, he still would have been dead, since he was in a vehicle moving perhaps 80-90 mph in the opposite direction of the staff. It's not really a comforting thought.

You know intellectually that at least one or two of the bandits you and Goku had dealt with might have suffered permanent damage or even died from your rough treatment, but that kind of knowledge really doesn't compare to the image of a man's head cracking open like an egg burning itself into your brain, knowing that you caused it.

It's at this point that the bandits finally lose heart and stop their pursuit. Several of them simply flee in all directions, afraid of reprisals, while a few others turn back – possibly to assist their surviving but unconscious/stranded comrades, or possibly just to loot them.

You and Goku get back inside the car, but none of you really feel celebratory. You wondered for an instant whether Bulma saw what had happened in the rearview mirror; the fact that she was gripping her hands on the steering wheel so hard her knuckles were turning white gave you your answer, as did the nervous glances she sent you in the silence. Goku looks a bit green at the sight he witnessed, but you can't see any other reaction from him.

Not even one month into your journey, in your very first real fight, and you've already taken another human life. There are a lot of feelings and thoughts running through your mind right now. Which is the most prevalent?

[ ] (Relatively) Calm

Your father had told you that the only constructive way to deal with this kind of thing was to identify your mistake, and resolve to learn from it. Anything else is useless, if not actively harmful. It's easier said than done, but that's true of anything worth doing, isn't it?

[ ] Sickened

You killed a man. It was in the heat of battle, certainly, and it wasn't exactly on purpose, but you did it, and you saw it in gruesome, gory detail. You… you might need Bulma to roll the window back down for a while.

[ ] Numb

It almost doesn't feel real. Everything about this seems muted, even your emotions.

[ ] Excited

Is… is there something wrong with you? Is there some darkness in your soul? Why did killing that man, scum though he may have been, feel exhilarating? You feel horrified and thrilled at the same time…

[ ] Write-In

Regardless of your feelings on the matter, the three of you don't talk about it, or anything at all, for a while. You pass the time in silent contemplation, each alone with your own thoughts.

Well, except for Goku, who takes a nap.

---

Some distance away, atop one of the many large, rocky hills that dotted the Diablo Desert, a young man sat in a car and watched, with the assistance of a pair of binoculars, the three travelers who had just decimated a bandit gang with almost contemptuous ease.

"So what do you think, Yamcha? Those two kids seem really strong!" said the creature next to him, a small floating cat with bluish-purple fur that floated at eye level with the young man above the seat next to his.

"There's certainly no doubt that they're powerful warriors, Puar," Yamcha replied as he lowered the binoculars. "It's hard to say just from that fight, since those bandits were too pitiful to be much challenge, but they might actually be on my level."

Puar's ears perked up at that. "What!? That's impossible! They're just two kids, Yamcha!" she yelled indignantly.

"Hmph, you're too naïve, Puar," Yamcha said with a smile. "In the world of the martial arts, to judge someone by their age isn't just disrespectful, it's stupid. Those kids are strong, no doubt about it. It'd be foolish to deny or downplay it out of pride, and I'm no fool. Besides, I'm far from the strongest fighter around. We both know that now."

Puar's ears and head both drooped at those last words, and her eyes fell to the cast Yamcha's right arm was still bound up in. Her worried gaze traveled to the bandages covering his left eye, the still-red scar on his face, and the bandages over his ribs and the brace on his left knee that she knew were there, even though they were covered by his clothes.

"Do you… do you think they can help us, Yamcha?" Puar asked quietly.

Yamcha's brow furrowed in thought. "It's hard to say, Puar. Even if they are as strong as me, it still might not be enough. And even if they are enough to turn the tide, we still have to find a way to convince them to help us in the first place."

"So what do we do?"

"We'll shadow them a few more days, see if we can collect more information on them. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a better picture of just how strong they are, and maybe how we can get them to help us."

"Sounds like a plan!" Puar said cheerily. "So what about the third person?"

"Third person?" Yamcha asked in a puzzled tone.

"You know, the one driving the car! I didn't get to see them. What did they look like?" Puar asked.

Yamcha blinked. "Oh. I… didn't even think about it. Oh well. We'll be watching them anyway, so we'll probably figure out if this third person is useful or not."

"Hey Yamcha, maybe you'll get lucky and she'll be a pretty girl," Puar said with a cheeky grin.

"Puar, don't even joke about that!" Yamcha yelled as a shiver ran through his spine at the mere mention of his greatest fear: talking to a pretty girl.

Last edited:
Well, my plan worked beautifully, you know except for the exploding head part. Whoops. Oh well.

[X] (Relatively) Calm

[X] Excited

I want to break SV molds and play as a honorable, bloodthirty warrior!

I mean, a calm one wasn't exciting at all. Almost every quest here choose that.

That's boring.

[X] Calm (Write-in)

Your father has taught you, both as a martial artist and as a leader, that sometimes the enemy needs to die. How many innocents will live now that there are less bandits to try and kill them? The strong must protect the weak and at times that means killing is necessary. While you disliked killing, you understand the need for it, especially in a world such as this.

[X] Calm (Write-in)

Your father has taught you, both as a martial artist and as a leader, that sometimes the enemy needs to die. How many innocents will live now that there are less bandits to try and kill them? The strong must protect the weak and at times that means killing is necessary. While you disliked killing, you understand the need for it, especially in a world such as this.
Actually, we DID make a mistake. We struck to disable and instead killed because we overrated their strength. Theres a lesson to be learned here about considering consequences.

[X] Write-In: Contemplative: You just killed a person, who was trying to kill you. Who had a mother and father just like you. Who chose to become a murderous bandit. It was a mistake. But the intention was rightful... remembering the lessons of your tutors, you take a deep breath and meditate until you are at peace with what happened.

So yamcha is Mad Yamcha?

[X] Write-In: Contemplative: You just killed a person, who was trying to kill you. Who had a mother and father just like you. Who chose to become a murderous bandit. It was a mistake. But the intention was rightful... remembering the lessons of your tutors, you take a deep breath and meditate until you are at peace with what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Sickened
You killed a man. It was in the heat of battle, certainly, and it wasn't exactly on purpose, but you did it, and you saw it in gruesome, gory detail. You… you might need Bulma to roll the window back down for a while.

Let it be known from this day forth we are a delicate and fragile flower. But seriously. i think this as the most room for character development. Just imagine what father would say when he finds out

[X] Write-In: Contemplative: You just killed a person, who was trying to kill you. Who had a mother and father just like you. Who chose to become a murderous bandit. It was a mistake. But the intention was rightful... remembering the lessons of your tutors, you take a deep breath and meditate until you are at peace with whathappened.

Back