That would be 249.6 bunshin. Very useful if you can afford the wieght and space. Then again there's people carrying people sized scrolls around in Naruto. That's allot of chakra for a non-jinjuriki.
Yeah, but if you had to access every single card separately to get the chakra, I can see why people didn't do it.
Increasing efficiency should come before capacity though. Even if you can store a Biju worth of chakra in jar like they did shukaku, short of aquiring a biju, it's not much use if 60% gets wasted in the process.
Very true.
You could store lots of chakra this way during peacetime and then distribute a deck to each Genin on the front lines.
Ah, but Hana-chan already said that mixing foreign chakra can end up in Bad End result. So, except all those genin are clones or something....

You would have to simulate whatever method those jinjuriki seals use... Which would make them expensive. Then again at that point you probably solve the energy density issue.
Then again if you took excess Biju chakra that wasn't being pumped into a growing jinjuriki to grow their coils, you could store and distribute it to a select cadre with weaker seals that circulated it with thier own. A cadre of ninja with much higher than normal chakra capacity.
The problem would be how complex is that filtration component and does it require living chakra coils to work.

On the other hand, you could use them to power other seals.

Last edited:
Much of this is right. The big point is that the chakra storage right now doesn't scale with the wielder. it seems like it in comparison to Shusho, but for a jonin, or even most Chunin? it's nowhere near to efficient or practical at this stage.

I am talking about using it to get enough to limp out of the area compared to having to collapse completely out of chakra. Not enough for a battery but enough to perhaps prevent shut down or total exhaustion and being able to perhaps get somewhere safer.

I am talking about using it to get enough to limp out of the area compared to having to collapse completely out of chakra. Not enough for a battery but enough to perhaps prevent shut down or total exhaustion and being able to perhaps get somewhere safer.
So distribute one card to each Ally, have them charge it themselves.

Much of this is right. The big point is that the chakra storage right now doesn't scale with the wielder. it seems like it in comparison to Shusho, but for a jonin, or even most Chunin? it's nowhere near to efficient or practical at this stage.

Are food pills (Military Rations Pills) too extreme or problematic for the average ninja? I could understand if said pills merely loosened a ninja's Gates for more chakra, but they straight-up replenish your chakra fast enough for a single fight.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MIXING FOREIGN CHAKRA, YOU [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP]?!?!"

Random Medic Nin during 2nd Great War.
Are food pills (Military Rations Pills) too extreme or problematic for the average ninja? I could understand if said pills merely loosened a ninja's Gates for more chakra, but they straight-up replenish your chakra fast enough for a single fight.
Yeah, remember Akamichi pills? And the effect on their member?

Well all the problems being discussed just sound like issues to be solved along the way. Eventually the cards will refine to that point.

So that's 20.8 bunshin for one 52 deck of cards.
How much power would a chidori take compared to an efficient bunshin?
Can you store them in scrolls?
Then again you should be able to fit a dozen in a decent sized pack.
That would be 249.6 bunshin. Very useful if you can afford the wieght and space. Then again there's people carrying people sized scrolls around in Naruto. That's allot of chakra for a non-jinjuriki.
Increasing efficiency should come before capacity though. Even if you can store a Biju worth of chakra in jar like they did shukaku, short of aquiring a biju, it's not much use if 60% gets wasted in the process.

Still nearly 250 bunshin in something you could stick in a pack... That's pretty good, of you have the time and resources to do so. Nevermind the stratagetic implications. You could store lots of chakra this way during peacetime and then distribute a deck to each Genin on the front lines.
A single Genin can become as strong as a chunin, but they have to survive first.

Edit: still not seeing the image.
So if you think back to early on, there was a lot of stuff mentioned during his library chapters regarding how resonance and chakra flow worked, and all of that comes into play here. Theoretically, he could teach people how to make the cards, the Psuedo-seals on the card aren't that crazy. but he also needs to teach people the underlying techniques, how to bind the paper to them, how to properly form the ink and channel chakra through the design, and so forth. for the current pay off from the cards? its horribly ineffient, hois skill isn't a beginners techniche, but like a tier three combination. he is also making them better iver time. the current design is also getting deminishing returns for his work on them.
Yeah, but if you had to access every single card separately to get the chakra, I can see why people didn't do it.

Very true.

Ah, but Hana-chan already said that mixing foreign chakra can end up in Bad End result. So, except all those genin are clones or something....
Yeah, hence why thinbgs like 'Resonance' or 'Coil fexibility' are so important.
You would have to simulate whatever method those jinjuriki seals use... Which would make them expensive. Then again at that point you probably solve the energy density issue.
Then again if you took excess Biju chakra that wasn't being pumped into a growing jinjuriki to grow their coils, you could store and distribute it to a select cadre with weaker seals that circulated it with thier own. A cadre of ninja with much higher than normal chakra capacity.
The problem would be how complex is that filtration component and does it require living chakra coils to work.

On the other hand, you could use them to power other seals.
Even the worst of the Jinchuriiki seals are far out of the capabilities of Toru right now.
Even now, a single card wouln't give you enough chakra to get out of a situation like that. the card acted a s a jolt, it cleared the cobwebs off, it didn;t give him much in the way of a recharge.
See above probblems.
Food/chakra pills have chemical side effects, your body crashes, it causes increased heartrate and adeneline, as well as releaseding chemicals into the system that forces the bidy to produe more chakra, at the cost of your bodys energy.
"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MIXING FOREIGN CHAKRA, YOU [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP]?!?!"

Random Medic Nin during 2nd Great War.

Yeah, remember Akamichi pills? And the effect on their member?
Example A of mis use of chakra. conversion of fat and muscle to chakra.
Well all the problems being discussed just sound like issues to be solved along the way. Eventually the cards will refine to that point.
The cards may get to that point, but they'll still be far more useful to TOru then anone else, simply because he knows it and his chakra knows what to do.

It occurs that rather than using cards he could make his own "curse mark" to act as a reservoir of chakra natively accessible. Would increase his chakra pool but not the recovery rate, unless he did something truly cheat-ey and started making seals of nature chakra (externally first so he can work out the kinks, so they dynamically balance it on their own). Kid could walk around permanently in Sage mode.

It occurs that rather than using cards he could make his own "curse mark" to act as a reservoir of chakra natively accessible. Would increase his chakra pool but not the recovery rate,
These are things that can lead you to T&I Office. Or ANBU Base. Or Orochi-kun Lab. Or....

You get the idea.
unless he did something truly cheat-ey and started making seals of nature chakra (externally first so he can work out the kinks, so they dynamically balance it on their own). Kid could walk around permanently in Sage mode.
WOAH WOAH WOAH HANG ON A SECOND.

You know, those froggy statues in the Frog Village?

Does that meant nothing to you?

Means nothing to me, so feel free to explain.
The gist is, that taking too much Nature Chakra/ Energy is not a good thing. If you learn Sage Mode from "proper" practitioner, they'll put a potion/ oil on your body that turn you partially into animal form when your Nature Chakra got imbalanced.

Why?

Because, apparently, normal guys (for a given value of "normal") taking too much Nature Chakra will resulted in your body got petrified. You turned into stone statue.

Except you came from Jugo bloodline in which you turned into ragemonster but hey, UNLIMITED POWER.

These are things that can lead you to T&I Office. Or ANBU Base. Or Orochi-kun Lab. Or....

You get the idea.

That's a rather extreme bit of hyperbole ain't it? Orochimaru already has better; fuinjutsu research done on one's own time is already shown permissible; and there are so many characters shown in canon with fuinjutsu marks on their own bodies that it seems implausible to believe that this would even get a batted eyelash. I mean for heaven's sake, basically half of the Hyuga have a lethal fuinjutsu curse on them forcing obedience to the main branch. This? (The extra of your own chakra version that is.) This is child's play compared to that.

WOAH WOAH WOAH HANG ON A SECOND.

You know, those froggy statues in the Frog Village?

Does that meant nothing to you?

It means everything which is why only the final product -- the one that self-regulates the amount of Nature Chakra correctly -- would be tattooed onto anything. The rest would be done as paper charms/cards strapped onto mice or something, and even then only once the cards themselves stop turning into stone.

Granted this isn't a trick for "unlimited powah!", since the amount of Nature Chakra that's safe for a given Ninja depends on the amount of chakra they currently hold -- but a 30% boost in reserves with a commensurate increase in regen, plus those extra sensory abilities, would be a huge gain for a first-generation nin.

Last edited:
That's a rather extreme bit of hyperbole ain't it? Orochimaru already has better; fuinjutsu research done on one's own time is already shown permissible; and there are so many characters shown in canon with fuinjutsu marks on their own bodies that it seems implausible to believe that this would even get a batted eyelash. I mean for heaven's sake, basically half of the Hyuga have a lethal fuinjutsu curse on them forcing obedience to the main branch. This? This is child's okay compared to that.
Well, but stuff like this at minimum remind me too much of medical implant (at minimum), you need to know what you done, and you need some kind of tutor/ mentor, if only as safety net. So far, all fuuinjutsu are shown to have implanted by expert, none of them are self-made/ self-developed.
It means everything which is why only the final product -- the one that self-regulates the amount of Nature Chakra correctly -- would be tattooed onto anything. The rest would be done as paper charms/cards strapped onto mice or something, and even then only once the cards themselves stop turning into stone.
Even then, Nature Chakra is... tricky, I guess. I mean, all application I know so far involves active shaping of chakra by intellegent power, not by auto-collecting seals or something. The closest thing we had of Nature Chakra auto-collecting was Juugo bloodlines stuff, which is... not very viable to do anything else but wanton destruction.

It occurs to me that given the card trick was stated to give diminishing returns even when it's gotten refined a bit that I would rather him have quite a few trump cards that he can draw on rather than just the chakra thing.

Well, but stuff like this at minimum remind me too much of medical implant (at minimum), you need to know what you done, and you need some kind of tutor/ mentor, if only as safety net. So far, all fuuinjutsu are shown to have implanted by expert, none of them are self-made/ self-developed.

Well, that's what the scientific method is for. It's a good, solid, goal to work towards. As to none being self-made/self-developed; Tsunade's Reserve Seal was self-developed and self-applied. What I'm suggesting is actually something similar to that but much weaker.

Even then, Nature Chakra is... tricky, I guess. I mean, all application I know so far involves active shaping of chakra by intellegent power, not by auto-collecting seals or something. The closest thing we had of Nature Chakra auto-collecting was Juugo bloodlines stuff, which is... not very viable to do anything else but wanton destruction.

I mean the Orochimaru Curse Marks were all derived from Juugo, yeah, but they were also all actually Nature Chakra without the wanton destruction (and also all actually Orochimaru's chakra/personality/blood ...). It also allowed full-body transformations in a (mostly) controlled nature (Hell, at one point we see Juugo transfer his own bodymass using the bloodline to someone else...). Again; what I'm suggesting is ... something much weaker than that.

It occurs to me that given the card trick was stated to give diminishing returns even when it's gotten refined a bit that I would rather him have quite a few trump cards that he can draw on rather than just the chakra thing.
Well, obviously. Never have just one string for your bow.

The gist is, that taking too much Nature Chakra/ Energy is not a good thing. If you learn Sage Mode from "proper" practitioner, they'll put a potion/ oil on your body that turn you partially into animal form when your Nature Chakra got imbalanced.

Why?,

Because, apparently, normal guys (for a given value of "normal") taking too much Nature Chakra will resulted in your body got petrified. You turned into stone statue.

Except you came from Jugo bloodline in which you turned into ragemonster but hey, UNLIMITED POWER.
I wonder if you could turn that into an offensive seal: slap it on someone and they turn to stone

I wonder if you could turn that into an offensive seal: slap it on someone and they turn to stone
That would be a devious weapon. Just hope they do not have sage training, or you will be dead due to allowing them to gather natural energy while moving, removing the one weakness that even a trained sage has to work around. Thereby turning a powerful opponent with a glaring weakness into a Juggernaut.

Last edited:
That would be a devious weapon. Just hope they do not have sage training, or you will be dead due to allowing them to gather natural energy while moving, removing the one weakness that even a trained sage has to work around. Thereby turning a powerful opponent with a glaring weakness into a Juggernaut.

Even then it would still be a pretty intense problem for them, since the major thing about Sage Mode is that you calibrate your Nature Chakra to a very precise amount in your system. Having something that's forcibly injecting it into you will require *CONSTANT* effort to expel it -- which can be a pretty big distraction.

Next you just need a way to de-petrify them. Perfect way to capture someone.
Turn them to Stone, then seal them in a scroll. De-petrify them in the deepest most secure cell you have. Perfect way to capture s-rank threats.

High Priestess- 7 (Final Assault)
And here we see the team actually fighting, and exactly why they were put together. because this shit is fucking crazy.

Santa Looked down on the street at the house, hidden in the building across the way with a clear view of the building, two of his shadow clones were flanking the building giving him more viewpoints, and a third was following his students, to see how they acted.

He watched carefully, seeing how the genin on the building was alert, focused, and angry. A moment later, he heard the first sign of combat.

A yell.

"Hey, What the-"

"Shut up,"

"Ouch. that looks like it hurt."

"Tie him up, Toru, we have to keep moving."

"Will do."

Santa watched in amusement as, after a moment of hesitation, the two on the roof stayed, and both the boy on the stoop and the girl who was hidden inside left at speed, heading for the sound of the yell.

"Toru, Kohaku, Now."

"Katon:Honō no saramandā" (Fire: Flame Salamander)

"Karawimi no Jutsu"

Koan looked up when he heard the sound of crackling flames and jumped back, a long slender serpent shape made of flames leaping across the roofs at him. He turned to yell at his partner, Keijo, but only barely saw her vanish with a sharp yelp, before someone new was right next to him, a kid, about his age, who had on a green jacket, his left arm was already cocked back.

Before he could think about it, he felt his head snap back. He started to stagger back only to feel a grip on his arm pull him back forwards. He felt wire wrap around his wrist, and as he tried to gain his footing, a knee found its home in his stomach. He was yanked back again, a foot planting itself on his back from the boy as he spun and kicked, the wire dragging Koan along with the motion and keeping him from finding his stance. The boy pulled the arm around his back and rode him to the ground, as his other arm was gripped and yanked back. The feeling of wire wrapped around his other wrist as well and as he opened his mouth to scream for back up he tasted cloth.

A moment later he was struggling helplessly as he was hogtied on the roof, hands and feet wrapped in wire.

Then he rolled back and looked up just in time for a senbon needle to pierce his arm, making him flinch at the sting.

Then… everything got very very… blurry. He mumbled something but it was so hard to move now. Everything was soo…. relaxing….

"Nice sweep Kohaku."

"Thank you, Yumi. the possession was very useful to tie him up."

"You're welcome."

"Target down and stashed."

"That was fast, any problem?"

"Arms still sore, but I got the jump on him. You guys good?"

"Yep, he wasn't expecting to appear here."

"Good, because that was fucking exhausting. I'm down to less than a third of my chakra."

"You wanna sit the next part out?"

"Nah, I'll just stick to shuriken jutsu."

"Okay. Kohaku, that means you and me. Let's go."

"Hai, Taicho."

Kizaru and Sho both stood in ready stances, focused across the roofs there had been a flash of flame in the sky earlier, but now there was silence.

Kizaru looked around slowly and then blinked. Just across the street from them, sitting on the ledge of the building across the street was another kid in a green jacket.

With a Konoha hitai-ate on his arm.

"Contact Front!"

He said spinning and drawing the Jutte he carried, While Sho stepped to his back and kept eyes open.

"Yo, We captured the rest of your squad. Wanna give up?" The genin in green called across the street.

"Not a chance in Hell!" Kizaru growled, hand flashing down and a dozen shuriken flying through the air, only for when they reached the genin, to cause him to shimmer and disappear.

'Bunshin!'

"Contact left!" Sho barked out as he turned and blocked a series of Kunai with a Shuriken. Kizaru glanced that way, and saw a girl with dark hair in a long pony tail flip over the gap between buildings, throwing another volley which sho focused on deflecting.

"Katon: Hibanakaze!" (Fire: Ember Wind) he turned in surprise at seeing another dark haired girl, with very pale skin, leaping from another building to theirs. The girl took a breath and breathed out a swirling cone of what looked like Firefly's rushing from her mouth, scorching the roof tiles slightly and forcing both Sho and Kizaru to dive to the sides, separating them.

Kizaru growled and started to rush forwards, only to feel a yank on his foot mid-step, he crashed to the tiles and looked down to see a Shuriken and Ninja wire around his ankles, leading across the roof towards where the first genin, the guy's, bushin had been. And then the wire went taut, yanking his ankles together, and he gave a yelp as he was pulled back across the roof.

He pulled a kunai and slashed it down, cutting the wire only to see a shadow and look up, as a lithe pale leg came slamming down across his face.

He felt his head snap down and bounce off the roof, making things go double. And then he felt a smooth blade on his neck and a weight on the arm that held his Jutte.

"Concede, or I break your arm."

He paused. Part of him wanted to push her, but something about her voice was… cold. And very very dangerous.

Despite himself, he opened both hands and let both his Jutte and Kunai drop to the roof.

"Wonderful choice."

And then he felt a needle in his arm and looked down before thing suddenly went… blurry, and he felt his arm and most of his body go limp.

The last thing he saw before passing out was Sho and the other dark haired girl both standing motionless and the pale girl walking their way.

"You guys good?"

"Yes Taicho, but I'm afraid I'm spent Jutsu wise."

"Yeah, same, the Bunshin was simple enough, but I'm still drained from earlier."

"And I'm low now too, dammit. The Shadow Bind sucks Chakra like crazy."

"Let's finish this and go home. I need to sleep this road rash off."

Kotetsu was frowning as he sat in a comfy chair in the center of the third floor of the building. He had accepted being Santa-san's "Final Target" because he thought the genin would be able to keep them occupied. Apparently not.

He sighed and looked to the door as two of the new Genin, Santa's genin, stepped in, both the girls.

"Where's the third kid?"

"Here."

The sound made him damn near jump as he spun around, seeing the third kid looking in from the window.

'Damn kid, that nearly gave me a heart attack!'

"One scroll, for a Hogane Kotetsu." The dark haired girl, the Nara, said. She held out the scroll and he nodded, opening it in curiosity.

He nearly facepalmed. It was a fairly detailed scribble of Santa standing on top on Kotetsu and Izumo with a grin and a 'V' sign. Below it was the words. "You lose!"

He signed and heard a snort behind him, turning and paling when he realized the kid out the window could see the paper.

"DAMN YOU SANTA-SAN!"

'Oh yeah,' Santa thought, sitting comfortably as he watched Kotetsu rage. 'I think I'll enjoy this.'

Last edited:
Back