Imma be honest, this type of development is gonna make or break the story here. The fact that they were clearly talking about Worm related subjects tells me something fucky is going on. And tbh, I have no interest in Earth Bet related things besides references.

Imma be honest, this type of development is gonna make or break the story here. The fact that they were clearly talking about Worm related subjects tells me something fucky is going on. And tbh, I have no interest in Earth Bet related things besides references.
Same, my entire interest in this story is Taylor in Cyberpunk. I'm really hoping more elements from Worm don't show up.

With that out of the way. If this isn't the kick in the ass that gets Taylor to start self upgrading then nothing will be. She was entirely at their mercy, and the only reason she isn't dead or worse is because they think she's either "interesting" or related to someone important.

Last edited:

Honestly feels like that is just a red herring, since the chapter did outright say Mr. Blond started with throwing out random words for about 10 minutes.

They probably just tried to get as much data as possible in the little time they had.

On a mostly related note, her being so scrappy and prepared is going to leave a favorable impression on the Astors. (And its safe to assume that It's time for a training montage, to go along with her other self improvements)

Personally, I think they have some sort of connection to her deceased local dad. I'm guessing that he was into something super-secret and she is somehow the key to access it or something. Maybe dead-dad was working with local Haywire equivalent.

No, @ptbptb I'm leaning *very* much it's the Astors, simply because of the British accent and the behavior of the lead. It's a bit ham handed, but as I mentioned on SB, 50+ years, cyberpunk dystopian world, possible doppelganger? Can see it.

But pay attention to what the *brit* did after the mission.

(Wait til he learns what Taylor pulled on his ass. That will *amuse* him.)

Not a huge spoiler but…

i will state that there is nothing about Worm/Earth Bet involved in this chapter. The word association test the man was giving her was dynamic, the machine offered subsequent words, maybe 3 choices that would give the largest neurological response in the subject (i.e. more information extracted), and the blonde haired man went down a particular word association tree with her. We don't know what information he extracted, but the words he chose were an attempt by the author to demonstrate that there is technology in Cyberpunk that could reveal she isn't from that universe and also to make her very uncomfortable with the process.

Last edited:
Now her small emergency alert beacons would probably be something the people in Trauma Team would like to know more about. She probably have to divulge ita existence as it was how she was tracked and it really seems like something very a very useful upgrade to give clients.

I think they are the cheap off the shelf trackers that Taylor used to track her client. Nothing special, just reprogrammed.

When, OOC? Did it myself and a one month TDY as staff.
It was part of the Army Aviator course in Fort Rucker, so it would have been right as I entered the Army. I think about midway through the aviator course, if I reall. It was about 20 days long. This would have been in mid 2001 when I was 19 or so. Later, I did a cold weather course in Alaska which was fucking stupid because this was right after 9/11 and I was like i don't think the Russians are going to be invading Alaska guys.

Well, I hope they got what they wanted because Taylor is likely going to make herself some implant that stops this avenue of extracting information from her brain. This is likely her family checking to see if she's worth returning to them, likely the genius aspect and the biological knowledge will at least interest them.

It was part of the Army Aviator course in Fort Rucker, so it would have been right as I entered the Army. I think about midway through the aviator course, if I reall. It was about 20 days long. This would have been in mid 2001 when I was 19 or so. Later, I did a cold weather course in Alaska which was fucking stupid because this was right after 9/11 and I was like i don't think the Russians are going to be invading Alaska guys.
After my time, I had to go though SERE before I was assigned to S-2 in 2/75th. back in 95, then a TDY in 96. Was curious.

Well, I hope they got what they wanted because Taylor is likely going to make herself some implant that stops this avenue of extracting information from her brain. This is likely her family checking to see if she's worth returning to them, likely the genius aspect and the biological knowledge will at least interest them.
Oh, they did. ReRead the last bit. Note the Brit's *actions* and statements. He's convinced enough that she's an Astor, and is to be treated as such.

One reason *why* I said it was a bit ham-handed.

Well this was intriguing. So they probed her mind for some reason - likely for the family.

If Taylor plays her cards right, she could end up really high up in almost no time at all. It's far easier to outwit a handful of complacent family members than armies of ninjas after all.

Unexpectedly, the association that most will think is about Bet, specifically something about "Ocean, Monsters, Dock, Bay" means something else in Cyberpunk 2077.

IIRC, there's an uncontrolled AI Warships in the ocean that is simply untouchable.

So it might be translated that the Taylor knows something about it due to Alt!Danny's work.

Or maybe it's fanon? My comprehension of the Dao of CP isn't profound enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if the thing that really proved to the ninja that this Astor is worth bringing back into the fold is the fact she didn't give up and managed to not only surprise, I'm assuming a highly expierences Gemini equipped house assassin/spy, not once but twice and maybe more given the fact that she managed to evade and take out his support team. That she was able to think on her feet and call in back up even when restrained and inside a faraday cage without them knowing is probably the icing on the cake for the Astors since not many blue bloods can certifiably be categorized as genius level intellects with the real world experience and knowledge to work in a high stress environment like that with only what they had on them.

I'm sure she will probably be receiving a small procession carrying a briefcase full of 'what you need to know' about the astors in a chapter or two once they reach out to her about joining the family

I'd also not be surprised if they have already bugged or been in her apartment and had medical and chemistry field experts go over all her research data and seen just how 'smart' she is. It would honestly be kinda funny for her to get into a situation and be saved by the Astor house Ninja and be treated with her drug that she hasn't shown to anyone yet. I'd love to eee her reaction that that loo

Last edited:
Unexpectedly, the association that most will think is about Bet, specifically something about "Ocean, Monsters, Dock, Bay" means something else in Cyberpunk 2077.

IIRC, there's an uncontrolled AI Warships in the ocean that is simply untouchable.

So it might be translated that the Taylor knows something about it due to Alt!Danny's work.

Or maybe it's fanon? My comprehension of the Dao of CP isn't profound enough.
Close. It isn't warships. It is a self-replicating ocean minefield, run by an AI and that occasionally decides to move. There is a REASON why ocean travel isn't very common anymore, and that the NCity Docks are mostly for coastal travel or devolved into slums.

Honestly, the only way is a few erroneous assumptions on some of the word associations. Possibly hilarious ones.

Like say what the monsters in the ocean are. I mean it's not like there aren't any in the cyberpunk universe. XD
Edit: Ninjas, ninjas everywhere.

Last edited:
the guy who I had shocked had made a complaint of "excessive brutality" to corporate in my interaction with him.

Wow. If anyone who knew this guy found out he'd be the clown of Night City! Imagine calling getting tased and kicked "excessive brutality" in night city! :rofl:

Ok, so I guess Taylor is indeed related to the rich people, and apparently they were worried that this Taylor was some kind of replacement. She is still alive because they confirmed that she is Taylor Herbert, but possibly not the same one or something. I'm not entirely sure what they confirmed or not, but I'm guessing they know this is Taylor, but not the same Taylor.

Honestly, the only way is a few erroneous assumptions on some of the word associations. Possibly hilarious ones.

Like say what the monsters in the ocean are. I mean it's not like there aren't any in the cyberpunk universe. XD
Even worse. Netrunning is often compared to diving the ocean. And we know that monsters lurk in those depths. Can anyone say "AI Impersonator"?

Back