Skitterdoc 2077

The reason would be because they're chaps. "Assless chaps" are a tautology -- it's literally the definition of the article of clothing that they're seatless leg-protection. I pity the cyberpunk-era educational standards that have declined to the very specific level where the narrator knows the word "chaps" and yet not what it means. 😜
Let's be fair, it is congruent with the realities of the evolution of language. It's even worse with synonyms, they become synonyms of themselves. Bathroom, toilet various other "unpleasant" things get called with synonyms which evolve into the real name while the real name gets forgotten.

The same can happen to what a word means.

Last edited:
Let's be fair, it is congruent with the realities of the evolution of language.
Pfft, no, cyberpunk is so structurally-unfair that the reason we should go with is that Yorinobu Arasaka encountered chaps during his time in a biker gang, made that embarrassing definitional mistake that the authentic non-corpo bikers laughed at, and ever since his return to the Arasaka fold has decided to use his power over the megacorp's policies to enforce that what he said wasn't actually wrong. All Arasaka-maintained and Arasaka-netrunner-accessible dictionaries have been updated for the new reality!

The reason would be because they're chaps. "Assless chaps" are a tautology -- it's literally the definition of the article of clothing that they're seatless leg-protection. I pity the cyberpunk-era educational standards that have declined to the very specific level where the narrator knows the word "chaps" and yet not what it means. 😜
The funny part is I described every article of clothing Yi Hall wears when going out. Modesty kind of went out the window when Yi Hall became a Borg ("ain't no need for modesty on the frontier.") and he didn't need much protection from the elements anymore.

The assless chaps with bells and faux leather jacket were actually much easier to find than the ten gallon hat. He had to go to multiple brothels in Pacifica before completing the set.

Last edited:
Okay I kind of love the fact that the NUSA used the spray paint to stencil the word NOT rather then covering up their symbols and name. That made me laugh way too much for such a silly joke.

What makes it funnier is that it was a pay off to a set up established way earlier in the chapteb.uIt was long enough ago that most people wouldn't have given the spray paint mentioned a second thought until it was brought up again.

He's wearing a male stripper outfit, I'm wheezing with laughter here!

Also it sawned on me, his name is YI HA(ll), he's a cowboy... lol
Look, some cases of Cyberpsychosis are subtle. It can be hard to see the gradual erosion of a person's humanity, sanity, and empathy towards organics. Then there is Yi Hall who crit failed his humanity check and went straight off the cliff post-op.

Now he is a cowboy in the 1800s, Maelstrom are barely human due to their heavy use of chrome, and organics are cattle. There is a reason he only talks to Doc and doesn't really respond directly to Bin Dai and his mom. Despite his delusion, he is actually rated in Saint Cog's as one of the most sympathetic to organics.

Last edited:
Everyone will have brown pants, after seeing what Dragoon done.
Under jamming(no assist), firing HMG, firing handcannon, decapitating with sword, and running at same time.
Also she seen cloaked targets => full sensor suite.
Adam Smasher looks at you with great interest.
I thought that Dragoons were combat gods, the problem being that all of their wetware is dedicated to combat, so they don't have any to spare on things like remembering to pay the bills; that's what the meatbags in their old unit were for.

No, they're so heavily augmented from a cybernetics perspective that they need extremely restrictive behavioural limiters installed to stop them going cyber-psycho while they're installed in the Dragoon chassis.

Basically they have about as much individuality and free will left as a Borg drone.

They disagree with the sentiment that it is better for ten guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to be punished. They feel that if seventy-five per cent of the population, at least those voting, believes you are guilty of a capital crime, even if you're innocent, you probably should be killed anyway, just to be safe."
You'd think Taylor fucking Hebert of all people would see the horror of that. Emma could have gotten 75% of their community to lie about who is guilty of a crime, if the investigators weren't too lazy to check that much of it. To say nothing of canon events that didn't actually happen to this one.

You'd think Taylor fucking Hebert of all people would see the horror of that. Emma could have gotten 75% of their community to lie about who is guilty of a crime, if the investigators weren't too lazy to check that much of it. To say nothing of canon events that didn't actually happen to this one.
She almost compared it to the trial of Socrates, which is not usually considered a positive reference I believe.

Of course Taylor Hebert in general but especially in particular doesn't really seem to be pro-democracy to begin with.

Delamain happens

Taylor: who has lost this poor sassy child, I must adopt

She almost compared it to the trial of Socrates, which is not usually considered a positive reference I believe.

Of course Taylor Hebert in general but especially in particular doesn't really seem to be pro-democracy to begin with.
TBF this is the mind set that supports the Texas based "they needed killing" affirmative defense to the charge of murder

Last edited:
Though also note:

If your space station is Winslow, the person executed by 75% vote just gets a head start, there won't be survivors.

And if 75% of your space station community wants you dead to the point of being willing to actively support it, either you will die or you will have to be protected by a force that de facto holds the entire station hostage.

Given presumed panopticon and a 75% majority vote, isn't this trial-by-jury, where the jury is everyone else in this tin can that's upset some dimbulb made a hole in it?

Hmm. With this, I don't think anyone could claim Taylor hasn't gone full-on transhuman? Not only multiple squish-tech bodies/brains, but a fully hard-tech (*cough* shard-crystal *cough*) brain, and the theoretical ability to survive the loss of all but one body, and rebuild?

What would she have to do to be able to claim she's (full-on) posthuman, not (just) transhuman?

Would she need a extra-dim space with at least one drone which doesn't need Tinker-tech maintenance, and the ability to 'surface' and 'submerge' again?

Last edited:
Hmm. With this, I don't think anyone could claim Taylor hasn't gone full-on transhuman? Not only multiple squish-tech bodies/brains, but a fully hard-tech (*cough* shard-crystal *cough*) brain, and the theoretical ability to survive the loss of all but one body, and rebuild?

What would she have to do to be able to claim she's (full-on) posthuman, not (just) transhuman?

Full posthuman would be abandoning the bodies with squishy brains.

Back