Questionably Soteriological: A Puzzle/Mystery Quest with Kids, Science, and Fun!

> Lucy: Take SATURN. Feel refreshed.
[X] Examine the BOOK.
The BOOK appears to have been written by one FATIMA AMJAD, and is about THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN AND XENOPSYCHOLOGY. Most of it is written in MUCH TOO DENSE PSYCHOLOGICAL TERMINOLOGY for you to fully understand, but what you can understand is the TOP SECRET watermark that has been placed on every page.
[X] Examine the SMALL PIECE OF PAPER
[X] DFD our drawing of an EYE
[X] Ask Mari what she thought she saw

The SMALL PIECE OF PAPER seems to have been torn from a JOURNAL OF SOME SORT and has a LIST OF CAMERA BLINDSPOTS ON IT. You believe that you'd be able to use this to navigate THE LABYRINTH undetected, if you had to. On the back of it, in neat handwriting, is written "Klaus, for fuck's sake, stop making these fucking lists, what's wrong with you. I'm putting this where you can't get it back, and in fact if you're reading this at all, stop going through my stuff and fuck off. - Fatima <3"

You look down at your DRAWING OF AN EYE. The EYE looks back at you. You feel dizzy. You feel as if you are part of something larger than yourself. You notice that there are SYMBOLS drawn within the EYE. Who drew those? Did you draw those? You're confused, now. You shake your head, snapping back to the here and now, and look up at Mari.

"Mari. What did you see?"

She shrugs, looking a little nervous. "Your eyes were... it was like they were glowing. Like there was something behind them, like a neon light, but brighter. But I'm rather certain it was just some stupid trick of the light, so don't bother about it, Calloway."
[X] DFD the RUBY
-[X] Does it fit on your DETECTIVE CROWN, or is it meant for something else?
The RUBY is finely cut, and very pretty! After some rigorous inspection, you decide that it will probably look GREAT on your DETECTIVE'S CROWN, which has absolutely not stoppped being a thing that DETECTIVES wear. Well. Only the REALLY COOL DETECTIVES, OBVIOUSLY. [The CROWN OF POSEIDON now gives a +9 MOXIE bonus!]
You take a close look at OWEN, who is whistling innocently, with all of the carefree cheerfulness of someone who ISN'T now wearing EYESHADOW and a slight BLUSH on his CHEEKS. As much as you want to make fun of him, this... this is actually a pretty good look for him. You can't even be mad. He's beautiful.
You quickly TAKE off your SUNGLASSES to EXAMINE THEM - they're from some FANCY BRAND with an ITALIAN NAME YOU CAN'T PRONOUNCE, like Gucci, or Prada, or Zucchini, or Ravioli. Something like that. They're DEFINITELY the same sort of eyewear worn by the man in the PHOTOGRAPH. There are little scratches on the lenses that suggest whoever owns these doesn't take the BEST care of them, but the fact that they've been CLEANED IN THE RECENT PAST suggests that the owner of these shades wears them for the FASHION APPEAL rather than due to ANY DESIRE TO BLOCK OUT THE RAYS OF THE SUN. The owner, you presume, is someone with a good income and a good (if overly flashy) eye for fashion, but who isn't especially responsible.
[X] Observe the MOSAIC.
[X] GRAB ONE of the PLANETS
The PLANETS in the MOSAIC are going around and around, in strange, spiralling, looping orbits that don't make much sense to you at all. There's something mesmerizing about it all, about their different speeds and patterns, about how they interact with each other while managing to never collide. Each planet is made out of a vividly colourful substance that seems smoother and much brighter than the CORAL around it. Tentatively, you reach into the water and pull out SATURN. The movement of the other planets stops abruptly.

You suddenly feel... you don't know how to describe it. You feel refreshed. You feel stronger. You feel like you'll never lack for energy again, never have cause to sleep or eat or breathe or drink ever again. You feel refreshed.

Oh, dear God, having an inventory was a mistake. Does anyone with a better memory than I have know what the characters should have in their inventories right now? My apologies for taking so long to update and then asking a favour of you all, I just don't have the mental fortitude keeping track of such things requires, augh.

Oh, dear God, having an inventory was a mistake. Does anyone with a better memory than I have know what the characters should have in their inventories right now? My apologies for taking so long to update and then asking a favour of you all, I just don't have the mental fortitude keeping track of such things requires, augh.
I don't have any idea, either, and I am not sure whether there is a definite answer. There were quite a few items that we only picked up so that we could DFD them, and I have have no idea which of them we dropped afterwards.

But we still know what stuff we brought into the rooms we are in now. I would suggest that, once we get ready to leave, we basically make a list of everything we have and redistribute the things among the kids.

Well, the post containing the inventory was last updated on August 3. Since then...

-We took the puzzle game and played with it until it slowed down.
-We took miss Moon's drawings.
-We took the purse, which gives more inventory slots. It contained Owen's makeup, tissues, and the sudoku puzzle that unlocked the safe.
-We have a clock, sans key-shaped hand.
-We planned to take the red crayons to give to miss Moon, but we haven't done that yet.
-We have a photograph of Dr. Ankara at a party with someone wearing our sunglasses.
-There was Klaus's list of camera blindspots and a psychology book with an as-yet-uninvestigated watermark in the safe.
-We used the ruby to enhance our detective's crown, giving it a +9 bonus instead of the currently recorded +7.
-We have the Saturn tile.
-EDIT: Also, we DFD'd the clock key and now we have a drawing of an eye. (Thanks!)

Things to do:

-We should check back on the puzzle game now that we know the slow-down of the game wasn't just due to Lucy's accelerating mental speed.
-We should DFD the psychology book's watermark.
-We should mess around with the planets some more. Maybe take all of them out?
-We shouldn't leave yet. The fact that we can hide from the researchers doesn't mean we can hide from the monster, unless the monster is controlled by the researchers, so we should at least stick around until Dr. Ankara wakes up to ask about that.
-Remember to take the crayons before we leave.

Last edited:
We stopped updating the inventory since we met Owen and fed him the sardines. That was also when we stopped making threadmarks
You obligingly take out the TINNED SARDINES, offering them to him. He accepts them gratefully, and, after seeming to think for a second, grins at you, revealing a large gap between his front teeth. "Alright, Luce. I'm with you."

We picked up Ankara's things:
You mostly stand back and SUPERVISE while Owen rifles through her pockets, eventually holding up a handful of ASSORTED TRINKETS.

"Um. Here are the things. The things she was carrying. The things being carried, uh, by her. Her things. ID card, wallet, cellphone, notebook."
DR. ANKARA'S ID CARD, WALLET, CELLPHONE, DR. ANKARA'S NOTEBOOK

FIRST AID KIT clutched in one hand. She looks like a girl on a mission as she walks confidently over to Dr. Ankara, opening the FIRST AID KIT to pull out DISINFECTANT and BANDAGES, which she applies with unerring precision. You briefly wonder if she already knew the FIRST AID KIT was there.
We have, potentially, an option to carry FIRST AID KIT around.

Her WALLET is full of MONEY, which you guess you were kind of expecting. It also contains a DRIVER'S LICENCE, a CREDIT CARD, and a few PHOTOGRAPHS. It occurs to you that if you wanted, you could use this WALLET to store smaller objects inside - however, not having any KNOWLEDGE OR AWARENESS OF MECHANICAL ABSTRACTIONS, you don't really see the relevance of this information to anything at all.
We have the WALLET to keep all small stuff in. Inside are a DRIVER'S LICENCE, a CREDIT CARD, and a few PHOTOGRAPHS.

After a GREAT DEAL OF HEAVING, the DRAWER is opened, to reveal... a PURSE. Odd thing to keep on its own in a desk drawer. If you knew anything about MECHANICAL ABSTRACTIONS, you'd know that this PURSE would ADD INVENTORY SLOTS. But you don't, so the thought doesn't even cross your mind.
We have a PURSE for additional slots. How many it adds is unknown.

You make a MENTAL NOTE to take the RED CRAYONS to give as a GIFT. Aren't you a a generous soul!
We potentially have RED CRAYONS.

You take a look in the PURSE. It contains pretty ORDINARY THINGS, mostly. Most of it is PRETTY BORING, things like MAKEUP and TISSUES, as well as a SUDOKU PUZZLE that's barely been started - only THREE NUMBERS have been filled in! Shameful!
The MAKEUP and SUDOKU PUZZLE are gone, but there are TISSUES left, I suppose.

This CLOCK HAND is very ornate, though, and the more you look at it, the more you're starting to suspect that this CLOCK HAND isn't a CLOCK HAND AT ALL! It's a KEY!
We have a CLOCK HAND, but it likely has served its purpose, so it can be discarded.

Underneath it is a single PHOTOGRAPH depicting Dr. Ankara at what seems to be a PARTY with her arm around someone else.
We have a PHOTO. It should be kept in a WALLET with all small things.

Then, you put the three numbers into the SAFE, which, very considerately, opens. Inside it is a SMALL PIECE OF PAPER and a BOOK.
The SMALL PIECE OF PAPER seems to have been torn from a JOURNAL OF SOME SORT and has a LIST OF CAMERA BLINDSPOTS ON IT. You believe that you'd be able to use this to navigate THE LABYRINTH undetected, if you had to.
SMALL PIECE OF PAPER goes to the WALLET. We have a BOOK ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN AND XENOPSYCHOLOGY.

You look down at your DRAWING OF AN EYE.
We have an EYE DRAWING. No idea if we should keep it, but it can fit into the WALLET.

Tentatively, you reach into the water and pull out SATURN.
We have a SATURN TILE. Though again, it looks like it served its purpose.
I will try to make sense of this somewhere on a weekend, and also check ELAN calcs (if we didn't refill it to full, that is)

Also,
[ADVANCED TALLY UNLOCKED : FRIVOLOUS SILLINESS METER!]
We should make more use of this. :whistle:

So, is the puzzle in this room solved? Do we wait for Dr. Ankara to wake up now? What did the SATURN tile do to us, restored our HEALTH and ELAN? What if we took some other tile, like Mari's?

Last edited:
You suddenly feel... you don't know how to describe it. You feel refreshed. You feel stronger. You feel like you'll never lack for energy again, never have cause to sleep or eat or breathe or drink ever again. You feel refreshed.

I think we should retake the Ascension test.

Also, maybe Mary and Owen should take Jupiter and Mercury? Although i am not completely sure it's a good idea.

Last edited:
We should find out whether our reaction has anything to do with which of the Tiles we picked. So I want to do the following:
  • Put back the Saturn Tile.
  • Have Mari take any Tile that isn't Jupiter and ask her if she feels anything, then put it back
  • Have Mari take the Jupiter Tile and ask her if she feels anything.
Then maybe do the same with Owen,

Here is a list of the stuff we have, if I didn't miss anything. I will write up some division plan tomorrow

-Shovel
-Flashlight
-Pen & Notepad
-Gold Crowbar
-Green Marker
-Violin Case
-Trident
-Crown of Poseidon (plus Ruby)
-Helsinki Style (sunglasses)
-Very Soft Cat (plushie)
-Net
-Grappling Hook
-Can Opener
-Canned Chicken
-Expensive Hairpins
-Screwdriver
-Inventor's Hair Ribbon
-Keycard
-Lucky Baseball
-Sneakers
-First Aid Kit
-Dr. Ankara's ID card
-Dr. Ankara's Wallet (contains Money, Driver's License, Credit Card and Photographs)
-Dr. Ankara's Cellphone (locked)
-Dr. Ankara's Notebook
-Bags of Blood
-Small Pack of Red Crayons
-More Crayons
-Purse
-Makeup
-Tissues
-Clockhand Key
-List of Camera Blindspots
-Planet Tiles
-Book (The Development of Children and Xenopsychology)
-Drawing Of An Eye

Last edited:
Random observation:

In the center is THE EARTH.
Then, around it, are THE MOON, MERCURY, VENUS, THE SUN, MARS, JUPITER, AND SATURN.
Or at least, that's what SHOULD be there. Although their orbits are traced out, there are simply ROUND SLOTS for THE MOON, MERCURY, JUPITER, and SATURN, while the OTHER PLANETS have ROUND PLATES with the appropriate ASTRONOMICAL SYMBOL on them.

This quote is from quite a long time ago, and by now we have met Owen (Mercury), Mari (Jupiter),
and had contact with Kala (Moon), if only through writing.

A preliminary plan for the division of all our stuff. It may well change if Dr. Ankara wakes up, or we decide that we want to carry around the planet tiles.

@causticAccolade, can Owen wield the shovel as a weapon?

• LUCY
SLOT 1: [FLASHLIGHT]
SLOT 2: [PEN & NOTEPAD] SLOT 3: [GREEN MARKER]
SLOT 4: [PURSE (CONTAINS MAKEUP, TISSUES, CRAYONS, LIST OF CAMERA BLINDSPOTS, DRAWING OF AN EYE]
SLOT 5: [BOOK]
EQUIPPED ITEM: VIOLIN CASE
EQUIPPED WEAPON: TRIDENT [+10% FISTICUFFS, 10% CRIT CHANCE, X2 REACH]
EQUIPPED GARB: INSTITUTE GOWN
EQUIPPED HEADGEAR: CROWN OF POSEIDON [+7 MOXIE, -5 NIMBLENESS]
EQUIPPED EYEWEAR: HELSINKI STYLE [+5 MOXIE, POOR LOW-LIGHT VISION, ????]
EQUIPPED FINERY: VERY SOFT CAT [+25 ÉLAN]
EQUIPPED FOOTWEAR: NONE
  • MARI
SLOT 1: [NET]
SLOT 2: [GOLD CROWBAR]
SLOT 3: [FIRST AID KIT]
SLOT 4: [DR ANKARA'S WALLET (CONTAINS MONEY, ID CARD, KEYCARD, CREDIT CARD, PHOTOGRAPHS]
SLOT 5: [EMPTY]
EQUIPPED ITEM: EXPENSIVE HAIRPINS
EQUIPPED WEAPON: SCREWDRIVER [5% CRIT CHANCE]
EQUIPPED GARB: PRIVATE SCHOOL UNIFORM
EQUIPPED HEADGEAR: INVENTOR'S HAIR RIBBON [+5 GUMPTION]
EQUIPPED EYEWEAR: NONE
EQUIPPED FINERY: NONE
EQUIPPED FOOTWEAR: NONE
  • OWEN
SLOT 1: [CAN OPENER]
SLOT 2: [CANNED CHICKEN]
SLOT 3: [SMALL PACK OF RED CRAYONS]
SLOT 4: [GRAPPLING HOOK]
SLOT 5: [EMPTY]
EQUIPPED ITEM: LUCKY BASEBALL [+10 LUCK, REVEALS LUCK STAT]
EQUIPPED WEAPON: SHOVEL
EQUIPPED GARB: INSTITUTE GOWN
EQUIPPED HEADGEAR: NONE
EQUIPPED EYEWEAR: NONE
EQUIPPED FINERY: NONE
EQUIPPED FOOTWEAR: SNEAKERS [+5 NIMBLENESS]

• LEAVE BEHIND
DR. ANKARA'S DRIVER'S LICENSE
DR. ANKARA'S CELLPHONE
DR. ANKARA'S NOTEBOOK
BOOK
BAGS OF BLOOD
CLOCKHAND KEY
WIND-UP TOY ROBOT
PLANET TILES

Last edited:
A preliminary plan for the division of all our stuff. It may well change if Dr. Ankara wakes up, or we decide that we want to carry around the planet tiles.
At first glance, Dr. Ankara's CELLPHONE is missing, and the MAKEUP is implied to be wasted by Owen... I think?

Dr. Ankara's CREDIT CARD could fit in her WALLET. It is unlikely that we'd need money any time soon, but you'll never know. And the BOOK is probably valuable enough to take with us, even though we can't make sense of it now. It was in the SAFE with the list of blindspots, so chances are, it's important somehow.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Let's see. We haven't tried that yet.
[X] DFD yourself

Things to do:
-We should DFD the psychology book's watermark.
Dunno what we are supposed to find, but... sure.
what you can understand is the TOP SECRET watermark that has been placed on every page.
[X] DFD the TOP SECRET watermark

We hit 10 ÉLAN when we first met Owen. Since then...
You sniff, wiping a few tears from your face with your sleeve, and nod. You have had a very bad day. Your hands are shaking like hell, and your eyes are red, but you've managed to stop crying and, truth be told, you think that made you feel a lot better. [+90 ÉLAN]
Mari glares at you. Owen glares at you. Your smile only widens. [+5 ÉLAN]
You are the pool float that the world clings to when the world is scared of going into the deep end of the pool, with the pool in this metaphor being crime and evil and injustice and unsolved mysteries! You are LUCY CALLOWAY, and you are a JUNIOR SLEUTH!

[+36 ÉLAN]

You realize that you said all of this out loud.

[-1 ÉLAN]
Here is where we stopped updating the character sheet.
We have got 90 + 5 + 35 + 2 + 10 + 5 = 147 more ÉLAN, up to a total of 157.

Also...
[EQUIPPED: VERY SOFT CAT: +25 ÉLAN]
Does this item raise ÉLAN cap or something? Then it's 182/275 now. Or 182/250 if it doesn't.

Last edited:
It's a callback to the earlier action:
The very notion strikes you as completely absurd. Really, what a silly, silly idea. And yet... while you're here, with the reflective glass of the AQUARIUM... you might as well take a good look at yourself, right?

The CLASS MACHINATION [DEDUCTION FOR DUMMIES] has been activated!
You are LUCY CALLOWAY. You are ELEVEN YEARS OLD, you DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE, and you're SCARED.
Besides, since we now carry ourselves with us at all times, I think it might qualify.

Of course, given all uses of our powers, we are unlikely to remember any of it.

Edit: removed checking on Ankara, as TurtleDucks is doing it. Instead...
[X] Put back the SATURN tile, see if the MOSAIC resumes its movement or anything else changes in you.
-[X] Have Mari and Owen try it with their planets.

Last edited:
> Owen, Mari: Take JUPITER and MERCURY
[X] Lucy: Test your blood again.
You stretch and yawn. How odd - you feel like you zoned out a little, then. Anyway, back to the imporant work of PUZZLE-SOLVING, a verb which here means 'MESSING AROUND AND SEEING WHAT WORKS'. You wouldn't say that out loud, though. You don't want to reveal the SECRETS behind your skills to MARI and OWEN.

Closing your eyes and thinking of how DETECTIVES ARE SUPER BRAVE and absolutely NOT SCARED OF BLEEDING, you squeeze a tiny little bead of blood out to put into the machine. This produces the exact same result as before.
[X] Check on the Doctor. Has she woken up yet?
DR. ANKARA isn't awake yet, but she seems to be stirring, mumbling quietly to herself and looking a great deal less ashen than when she first collapsed. You think it's best to leave her for just a little while longer. You don't really know what happens if you try and wake someone up when they've passed out. You're not a medical doctor - for all you know, their SPLEENS explode.
[X] Have Mari take a non Jupiter Tile, and then a Jupiter Tile, and see what happens.
You gesture for Mari to come over and take a tile. She gestures back, a gesture which you think can be as "stop making strange gestures and speak to me." With a MELODRAMATIC SIGH, you call out to her and explain what you want from her.

"I'm not your organ monkey, Calloway," she protests snootily, but nevertheless reaches down to take the JUPITER TILE. Unfortunately, as much as she pulls at it, it appears to be STUCK. It seems that whatever mechanism that allowed the PLANETS to move freely and be removed from the MOSAIC stopped working once you removed one. Huh. You wonder if that's going to end up being symbolic of something before shaking your head and inwardly berating yourself for such a silly and frivolous idea.
You pick up one of the SHARDS OF GLASS from the shattered GLOBE, not really sure what you're doing with it. You don't know why, but you want to SEE YOUR FACE. You gaze into the SHARD, looking your reflection in the eyes. Yes. That's you alright. Your eyes seem ancient, the glow in them as old as time and as patient as stars and as vast as the ocean. Everything slows. You feel as if the air has come to a stop around you, as if you could drop a pin and only hear it after it fell to the ground for minutes, hours, days. You feel as if an eternity could pass and you could call it a second. You feel as if a second could pass and you could call it an eternity. You feel - pain. Your HAND is BLEEDING.

You've cut yourself on the glass shard. Your palm is bleeding, and it takes one, two, three seconds for the pain to travel through your nerves and reach your brain, causing you to yelp and drop it. Mari looks at you with a puzzled expression. "What? How did you do that?"

"I... I don't know. I zoned out," is the only reply you can give. Mari continues to stare, looking unsatisfied, but you brush past her. You have other things to be concerned about.
[X] DFD the TOP SECRET watermark
It's a pretty ordinary watermark! All it really tells you is that whoever wrote this knew it was going to be classified information while writing it.
[X] Put back the SATURN tile, see if the MOSAIC resumes its movement or anything else changes in you.
-[X] Have Mari and Owen try it with their planets.
[X] Examine OWEN and MARI when they touch their planets
Slightly reluctantly, you put back the SATURN TILE. The PLANETS resume their bewildering rotations. While most of that strange, refreshing energy you felt wash over you is gone, a little of it remains, a tingling feeling, like little sparks dancing around inside your palms and behind your eyes, up and down your arms and seeping into your bones. Then, you tell Mari to take the JUPITER TILE again. Mari refuses. You tell her again. She refuses. Rolling your eyes, you ask her, as well as offering a GROVELING APOLOGY for asking so rudely the first time. Finally, she reaches down and takes JUPITER.

"Nothing seems very much different," she tells you, "Except for the fact that I suddenly feel as if I've had a decent night's sleep." Looking down, seeming a little ashamed, she murmurs, "I haven't, however. I haven't slept well for... a while."

Looking at her, you notice her eyes are... different, somehow. A different tinge, a different shade, a minuscule difference in gradient that makes them seem like the eyes of someone else entirely. Just looking at her, you realize, makes you feel as if a little jolt of electricity is running down your spine. A few seconds pass, and of her own accord, Mari returns the tile to the mosaic, prompting them to move again.

Then, it's Owen's turn, and he doesn't need any prompting at all before he picks up MERCURY. "Well," he says, trying and failing to improve his articulation of the concept with slightly manic hand gestures, "It's a little like, well, I wouldn't know, you know when a grown-up's had their coffee in the morning, and until then it's a little like they were still sleeping before they had it, even though they'd actually woken up? It's like that. Totally like that. I think. I don't know. Maybe."

His eyes are different too - perhaps you're seeing them in a different light, but that colour is oddly vivid. You feel as if, for a split-second, when looking into those eyes, you can see Owen flickering out of existence, like someone flicking the lights on and off but infinitely faster.
"The makeup suits you, Owen," you tell him with a polite smile, to which he goes through a number of almost cartoonish expressions in short succession - confusion, irritation, embarrassment, before eventually settling on an agreeable grin.

"Thank you," he replies, with a jaunty, airy little wave of his hand. From the other side of the room, you hear a groaning sound. Turning, you see that Dr. Ankara seems to be finally waking up.

My mental state has been in a terrible place recently but, I've managed to claw myself out of that dark pit for long enough to give you a dose of kids, science, and fun, and all the other truthful to fraudulent things promised in QS.

Definitely seeing some elemental/thematic associations here when they pick up their respective planets. Saturn governs over time, Jupiter over lightning, and Mercury over speed. Very interesting.

It seems that whatever mechanism that allowed the PLANETS to move freely and be removed from the MOSAIC stopped working once you removed one. Huh. You wonder if that's going to end up being symbolic of something before shaking your head and inwardly berating yourself for such a silly and frivolous idea.

That doesn't sound like foreshadowing. Nope, definitely not!

[X] Return the plates to the SOLAR SYSTEM for now
[X] Check back in with Dr. Ankara, see if she is well enough to answer some questions

My mental state has been in a terrible place recently but, I've managed to claw myself out of that dark pit for long enough to give you a dose of kids, science, and fun, and all the other truthful to fraudulent things promised in QS.

Oh my. :(

I hope you feel better!

---------

I figure Mari should get the tile; she seems to be in a rather worse place than Lucy or Owen are.

"What? How did you do that?"

Hmm, did we do something in particular? Or was she just looking at us at the time and saw something like what we saw when we looked at her?

We get hints that getting new powers may not necessarily be an entirely good thing, and may involve having our personality be subsumed; we saw examples of this before, with Mari's ability to feel fear being diminished, for instance.

I figure we should take the time to decide what to do with Dr. Ankara now, to avoid a three-line update of "Yup. She's definitely up. Now what?"

Oh my. :(

I hope you feel better!

---------

I figure Mari should get the tile; she seems to be in a rather worse place than Lucy or Owen are.

Hmm, did we do something in particular? Or was she just looking at us at the time and saw something like what we saw when we looked at her?

We get hints that getting new powers may not necessarily be an entirely good thing, and may involve having our personality be subsumed; we saw examples of this before, with Mari's ability to feel fear being diminished, for instance.

I figure we should take the time to decide what to do with Dr. Ankara now, to avoid a three-line update of "Yup. She's definitely up. Now what?"
Fair point, we'd may as well determine what to say to her. Should we ask about the eyes? Mari's definitely seen them and now we have too, plus there was the eye drawing we made. I think we can reasonably ask for some sort of explanation in character. The same perhaps goes for asking about the plates and what they did to each of us.

Following that we probably also want to ask her to explain what the data on the blood machine means and what exactly ascension is.

Closing your eyes and thinking of how DETECTIVES ARE SUPER BRAVE and absolutely NOT SCARED OF BLEEDING, you squeeze a tiny little bead of blood out to put into the machine. This produces the exact same result as before.

Hmmm. Not what i expected.

So, what else is there to do, apart form interrogating Dr. Ankara?

Last edited:
Back