Pokemon Ranger: Crimson Dawn (No SV You are a Kanto Warlord)

Meet Anabel.

She's the Spook.

Enjoy

Anabel

Stats

Diplomacy: D20 = 8
(Anabel is a woman of few words and keeps a close circle of friends. Her reserved nature makes her a quiet presence, but she doesn't rely on others for approval or validation. Her diplomatic skills aren't her strongest suit, but she never really needed to charm people to get what she wants. She lets her actions speak louder than words.)

Martial: D20 = 4+5+4+5 = 18
(Her prowess as a Pokémon Trainer and leader is nothing short of outstanding. Anabel commands authority in battle, always tactical, quick-thinking, and fearless. Her leadership extends beyond Pokémon battles; she knows how to inspire and guide people in moments of crisis, displaying a natural martial strength in the heat of the action.)

Stewardship: D20 = 14
(Anabel's sharp mind makes her an effective manager of people and resources. She knows how to keep her affairs in order, and whether it's managing a team or overseeing operations, she ensures things run smoothly. Though not a visionary in finance or logistics, she is practical enough to avoid financial disaster and stay on top of day-to-day challenges.)

Intrigue: D20 = 11
(While still learning the finer arts of investigation and manipulation, Anabel is no novice when it comes to intrigue. Her careful observations and analytical mind allow her to pick up on details others might miss. Though she lacks the cunning experience of veteran schemers, she is capable and could become a major player in this arena with more practice.)

Learning: D20 = 12+5+4+5 = 26
(Anabel's intelligence is one of her greatest assets. She is a highly competent researcher, with a broad knowledge base spanning many subjects. Her curiosity fuels her, and while she's not an expert in any one field, her analytical abilities allow her to quickly adapt and learn. Her strategic mind absorbs information like a sponge, and she approaches every challenge with a methodical mindset.)

Personal Combat Skill: D20 = 14+4 = 18
(Anabel is not just a Pokémon Trainer but a capable fighter herself. She is fit, agile, and well-trained, ready to defend herself or lead from the front if the situation demands it. Whether in close combat or strategic physical confrontations, Anabel stands her ground, making her formidable even without her Pokémon by her side.)

Occult Potential: D20 = 15+5+5 = 25
(Anabel is attuned to the unseen forces of the world, though she is still in the early stages of realizing her full occult potential. Her unique bond with Pokémon suggests she could go deeper into this hidden knowledge, helping creatures feel more comfortable and possibly unlocking greater powers in herself. However, she is cautious about diving too deeply into this realm too soon, aware of the dangers that could come with it.)

Traits!:

"Pokemon Empath"- You seem to have an understanding of a Pokemon's thoughts and feelings, it helps with the bonding process. (+5 to Occult, Martial, and Learning. +15 to all rolls related to Pokemon)

"The Salon Maiden of Battle Tower"- Anabel is the Salon Maiden of Battle Tower, a professional trainer who trained her Pokemon to best any and all challengers, some call her analytical style detached, but effective. (+4 Learning, Personal Combat, and Martial., Passing a DC of 50 she adds half her Learning into Martial or Personal combat rolls)

"International Police Operative (Psychic Trainer Division): Anabel is a Member of the International Police Force and a member of their Psychic Countermeasure division. A division formed primarily after the Ranger Union's Various Failures to deal with Saffron City's little Tyrant. Her handler is Agent Looker. (+5 to Learning, Occult and Martial, She can add half of her Martial into her Occult as she was trained to resist psychic-type attacks.)

Meet Anabel.

She's the Spook.

Enjoy

Anabel

Stats

Diplomacy: D20 = 8
(Anabel is a woman of few words and keeps a close circle of friends. Her reserved nature makes her a quiet presence, but she doesn't rely on others for approval or validation. Her diplomatic skills aren't her strongest suit, but she never really needed to charm people to get what she wants. She lets her actions speak louder than words.)

Martial: D20 = 4+5+4+5 = 18
(Her prowess as a Pokémon Trainer and leader is nothing short of outstanding. Anabel commands authority in battle, always tactical, quick-thinking, and fearless. Her leadership extends beyond Pokémon battles; she knows how to inspire and guide people in moments of crisis, displaying a natural martial strength in the heat of the action.)

Stewardship: D20 = 14
(Anabel's sharp mind makes her an effective manager of people and resources. She knows how to keep her affairs in order, and whether it's managing a team or overseeing operations, she ensures things run smoothly. Though not a visionary in finance or logistics, she is practical enough to avoid financial disaster and stay on top of day-to-day challenges.)

Intrigue: D20 = 11
(While still learning the finer arts of investigation and manipulation, Anabel is no novice when it comes to intrigue. Her careful observations and analytical mind allow her to pick up on details others might miss. Though she lacks the cunning experience of veteran schemers, she is capable and could become a major player in this arena with more practice.)

Learning: D20 = 12+5+4+5 = 26
(Anabel's intelligence is one of her greatest assets. She is a highly competent researcher, with a broad knowledge base spanning many subjects. Her curiosity fuels her, and while she's not an expert in any one field, her analytical abilities allow her to quickly adapt and learn. Her strategic mind absorbs information like a sponge, and she approaches every challenge with a methodical mindset.)

Personal Combat Skill: D20 = 14+4 = 18
(Anabel is not just a Pokémon Trainer but a capable fighter herself. She is fit, agile, and well-trained, ready to defend herself or lead from the front if the situation demands it. Whether in close combat or strategic physical confrontations, Anabel stands her ground, making her formidable even without her Pokémon by her side.)

Occult Potential: D20 = 15+5+5 = 25
(Anabel is attuned to the unseen forces of the world, though she is still in the early stages of realizing her full occult potential. Her unique bond with Pokémon suggests she could go deeper into this hidden knowledge, helping creatures feel more comfortable and possibly unlocking greater powers in herself. However, she is cautious about diving too deeply into this realm too soon, aware of the dangers that could come with it.)

Traits!:

"Pokemon Empath"- You seem to have an understanding of a Pokemon's thoughts and feelings, it helps with the bonding process. (+5 to Occult, Martial, and Learning. +15 to all rolls related to Pokemon)

"The Salon Maiden of Battle Tower"- Anabel is the Salon Maiden of Battle Tower, a professional trainer who trained her Pokemon to best any and all challengers, some call her analytical style detached, but effective. (+4 Learning, Personal Combat, and Martial., Passing a DC of 50 she adds half her Learning into Martial or Personal combat rolls)

"International Police Operative (Psychic Trainer Division): Anabel is a Member of the International Police Force and a member of their Psychic Countermeasure division. A division formed primarily after the Ranger Union's Various Failures to deal with Saffron City's little Tyrant. Her handler is Agent Looker. (+5 to Learning, Occult and Martial, She can add half of her Martial into her Occult as she was trained to resist psychic-type attacks.)

Omg we got Anabel?!

Yes!!!!
Looking at her sheet those traits are really interesting! Chances to add learning to martial rolls or martial to occult rolls is extremely good!

The dice goddess have blessed us!

Many Hands of the Ranch New
Many Hands of the Ranch

(Oak POV)

Ahh, the Flophouse—where the Ranch Hands lived—had grown into a full-fledged settlement of its own. What started as a simple dwelling for workers had evolved into something more, a bustling mini-community right on the edge of Pallet Town.

With nearly 60 hands coming and going, the place had it all: a small tavern where you could hear the latest gossip over a pint, a makeshift PokéMart that, surprisingly, was actually connected to the one in Viridian City. They even had a racing track where the more competitive types would pit their Pokémon against one another in friendly sprints, along with various other mini-games and distractions. The once-simple quarters had turned into an entertainment hub—completely unplanned, of course.

You walked in and raised an eyebrow, taking in the scene of lively chatter and laughter.

"What in blazes are you all doing?" you asked, trying to maintain some semblance of authority, though the corners of your mouth betrayed a hint of amusement.

One of the hands, a burly fellow leaning against the makeshift bar, smiled at you with a calm shrug. "We made ourselves at home, sir."

You blinked, looking around at the lively activity. "Why can't you do any of this in town?"

"Don't have the permits," the hand said matter-of-factly. "So... we're keeping this around the Ranch until it's okay."

"Permits?" you repeated, shaking your head. "How long have you been planning this?"

"Months, sir," the hand replied, not missing a beat. "But come on, Professor. Put your feet up, relax a bit. Let us show you around, and maybe say thanks for all the good work you've let us do here."

You couldn't help but laugh, shaking your head in disbelief. "Months, huh? Well, I suppose if I let this go on any longer, I'm gonna need to find the ring leaders and offer one of them a proper job for this."

The hand grinned as you followed him deeper into the little settlement, already making a mental note to have a word with the town council about their so-called 'permits.'

Now came the matter of sorting out the ringleaders of this little band.

First up was Jade Starcrest, once a rising star in the world of Pokémon training. She'd been a name people talked about—a promising rookie trainer who made it all the way to Saffron City. But her journey came to an abrupt halt before she could challenge the gym there. Family obligations pulled her back to Pallet Town, where she found herself running the Pallet House General Store. A far cry from her ambitions as a trainer, she never quite shook off the shadow of that missed opportunity.

Next was Luna Starlight, a once-dedicated Pokémon Coordinator who'd chased her dreams of fame at the Kanto Coordinator Shows in Celadon City. That was three years ago. She was never quite the same after her public failure, losing confidence and the drive she once had. Now, she had a job that raised a few eyebrows: she worked as a house cleaner—and something else.

You raised an eyebrow, pausing for effect. "What the hell is a Meowth Girl Maid?"

Luna's cheeks reddened a little, clearly uncomfortable with the explanation she knew was coming.

"It's one of those Pokémon-themed café things in Viridian. I look stupid, but the pay is good." She said it like she had rehearsed it, a half-hearted justification for a job she clearly resented but needed.

You sighed, but at least Luna and Jade had stuck around. "Well, I guess we've got you two."

Then, there was Ruben Rojas. He had the kind of raw potential that trainers often mistook for a ticket to success. But potential isn't always enough. He'd made it as far as the Cerulean City Gym, only to get steamrolled. After that loss, he packed up his ambition and became a carpenter. A reliable trade, sure, but one that didn't explain why he was sitting at this table. You had a hunch Ruben was the mastermind behind the group's recent plans to expand their reach—though you weren't quite sure where he'd found the nerve.

Last on the list, and perhaps the most intriguing, was Vince Westcroft, a local journalist for the Pallet Post. His name was well-known in town, but not for his Pokémon skills—those had faltered after he lost against Blaine, the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. It wasn't just a loss that knocked him off his path; there were whispers of Pokémon robberies and shady dealings with Team Rocket. Vince had turned his attention to journalism, where he seemed more content investigating Route One migrations and peculiar trainer stories. Even now, years after his defeat, you had a feeling he hadn't let go of the past. Maybe his focus on the robberies was more personal than professional.

You took a breath, surveying the ragtag group. "So, this is what's left of you all, huh?" You weren't sure what would come next, but one thing was certain: there was more to each of them than just failure, they'd done good work here.

"So… you're not mad." Jade said

"No… merely confused on why you did it with all your friends?" You said.

"Because we could," Ruben said.

Well, that was something.

Time to see if one of them had the gumption to work for you directly.

Witch One do you choose?:

[]Jade Starcrest

[] Luna Starlight

[]Ruben Rojas

[]Vince Westcroft

AN: Your First Hero Units....have fun!

Last edited:
[]Jade Starcrest - i imagine she will be a martial or pokemon combat focused hero with a fair score in stewardship

[] Luna Starlight - Likely diplomacy due to contest experience improving her knowledge of imagine and good PR. average pokemon combat since while contests include battles it is less about strength and more about show for many.

[]Ruben Rojas - so a focus on stewardship with probably some learning and pokemon combat skills.

[]Vince Westcroft - probably intrigue focus with some diplomacy and again some skill in pokemon battles if he reached blaine following the standard kanto gym progression. will likely have contacts in many places across kanto.

not sure which will work out most useful for us if im honest

First up was Jade Starcrest, once a rising star in the world of Pokémon training. She'd been a name people talked about—a promising rookie trainer who made it all the way to Saffron City. But her journey came to an abrupt halt before she could challenge the gym there. Family obligations pulled her back to Pallet Town, where she found herself running the Pallet House General Store. A far cry from her ambitions as a trainer, she never quite shook off the shadow of that missed opportunity.
So, the Pallet House is a general store? I guess it makes sense given going by pure canon materials, it's already a resturaunt and inn. A strong talent that was forced out of the circuit before reaching a wall.
Next was Luna Starlight, a once-dedicated Pokémon Coordinator who'd chased her dreams of fame at the Kanto Coordinator Shows in Celadon City. That was three years ago. She was never quite the same after her public failure, losing confidence and the drive she once had. Now, she had a job that raised a few eyebrows: she worked as a house cleaner—and something else.
The resident Coorinator. Though interestingly enough, between it being likely new and the fact that it's in celadon in spite of this thing being more in the interest of the Cerulean Sensational Sisters compared to gym battles, well.
Then, there was Ruben Rojas. He had the kind of raw potential that trainers often mistook for a ticket to success. But potential isn't always enough. He'd made it as far as the Cerulean City Gym, only to get steamrolled. After that loss, he packed up his ambition and became a carpenter. A reliable trade, sure, but one that didn't explain why he was sitting at this table. You had a hunch Ruben was the mastermind behind the group's recent plans to expand their reach—though you weren't quite sure where he'd found the nerve.
High potential but crashed and burned on the second badge, so probably among the weaker choice in battle( Luna is a solid blank given the Coordinator scene hasn't been established enough to become more than a one city thing, though she might have also done the badge challenge to the same point Jade has done given the omake. Then again, said omake also stated she got a job at the local radio station that appeared in the anime, and here, her 'main jobs' are basically working as a maid and one of those themed places.) But, he also seems to be a solid planner, with him being the one whom Prof Oak thinks might be the main planner.
Last on the list, and perhaps the most intriguing, was Vince Westcroft, a local journalist for the Pallet Post. His name was well-known in town, but not for his Pokémon skills—those had faltered after he lost against Blaine, the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. It wasn't just a loss that knocked him off his path; there were whispers of Pokémon robberies and shady dealings with Team Rocket. Vince had turned his attention to journalism, where he seemed more content investigating Route One migrations and peculiar trainer stories. Even now, years after his defeat, you had a feeling he hadn't let go of the past. Maybe his focus on the robberies was more personal than professional.
He got a full six badges, and then between rumors of unknown veracity and the wall of Blaine, he burnt out and went on to become a journalist. Though given the suggestion he may have a personal stake in what he'd been doing in his job, he might be connected to team rocket in some manner, as either someone burnt out from collaborating, or someone whom clashed with them.

Though battle skills, while Vince likely would on paper have the best team, it also is just as, if not more rusty than the rest. With the one likely least rusty being Jade, but fighting tourists might be even less ideal given the skill gap as referenced in the same omake that established that.

Hmmm...

This is no simple choice.

Does Red have family in the manga and if so who are they if there is more than his mom?

I do not ascribe to the theory that Red/Ash is Giovanni's son.

Route 1 Rescue
Kira Shadowstrike
At another time, i'd still be preparing to get my eighth badge. But life has a way to mess with plans. Now if only I had decided to train by Pallet Town instead of Victory Road. Stopping by Viridian, I was able to acquire a few supplies, but between recent events and a pidgey horde of all things, things were tense and I didn't feel like stretching my luck. Which left me sneaking around route 1 to avoid trouble, especially the horde of pidgey that have come to dominate the area. Now if only I hadn't spooked the sentret, attention is the last thing I need.

"Luxio, come on out!" If only another trainer wasn't close by, but, a luxio? I pull out my pokedex to see if there is any information on it.

*Crack* The stick wasn't that loud, but it was enough in this situation to get the other trainer's attention even as I curse myself at getting distracted. "Luxio, as we practiced. Let's find what startled those Sentret." Luxio's eyes glow for a moment, and OH ****.

Zorouark Perspective
A trainer dives out of the bushes as the Luxio unleashes a thunderbolt at it, which seems to be delayed more than usual, even for one not recieving training from a human."No-one can hide from Luxio's sight! Normally only Luxray could, but through training, we have discovered how to re-create a Luxray's sight!" Ah that's why, it's an exhausting technique even for Luxray, so to do so before evolution, impressive. Especially as based on the energy coming from him, he has only three badges. Even though it's unlikely Luxio would use it again, I reassess my illusion, and my disguise.

"Well, you have me at a disadvantage." The trainer whom delved out of the bush says while dusting himself off, including the leaves that was sitting on him. Between the clothes of a traveler and the energy coming off him, he is clearly a veteran of some skill, i'd estimate seven. But even that skill may not be enough when facing a whole faction, especially the commander of the massive local pidgey flock.

"This is Flay's turf, the home of the pidgey! Viridian will fall to the might of the birds!" Ah, he's one of them, of course he is. Them and their pidgey obsession.

"Don't you have a luxio?" The traveller asks a bit confused.

"He's the tracker!" The Warband member states while releasing the five other Pokémon, all pidgey.

"I was just passing through. So, I guess what is the toll?" The wanderer states. I sigh, getting ready. It's clear that he's heading south, and the only location of interest as far as most people care about is Pallet Town, and they are known for their trainers.

"Wait... Your heading to Pallet Town, eh. Why don't you join us and come as conquerors? The name's Griffin." Griffen states, confidant in a doomed recruitment attempt.

The Wanderer laughs." Professor Oak's town? I'm not that dumb." He says, but is visibly more on guard.

Griffin chuckles." You were planning on reinforcing that town, aren't you. And your calling us dumb. None can stand against thousands of pidgey, not even CHAMPIONS!" Time to step in. I double check my disguise as an old, spry man with a sword, and beginning to gather energy for night slash.

The wanderer reaches for his pokeballs, but one of the pidgey unleashes an air slash. Unleashing my own to counter I move, making note to take that one down, because air slash is an advanced move that usually can't be learned prior to the final evolution.

"Quite unfair isn't it. Bullying trainers because you have the number advantage like this?" A say, putting my practice to work, making sure to not let an attack hit and break the illusion. The traveler is smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity to send out an umbreon and start to retreat. Good, because there is likely reinforcements coming.

"Wing Attack!" Oh great. Three of them move in with energy building on one wing each. This must be an enforcer, the amount of practice to get those moves working so early is major. Moving into position, I get ready to intercept. The fact they haven't involved yet means they lack the raw strength one would expect from their evolutions.

"Shadow ball" A ball of dark energy whips past, fouling their attacks and hitting a second air slash I had overlooked, giving an opportunity to escape. But, just before we did, a thunderbolt from the Luxio slams into me, causing me to stumble and breaking the illusion, as well as, to my annoyance, lightly scorching my hat.

After a while running, with me taking the lead, we get to one of the hiding spots I know of in the area. The Traveller goes through his bags, assessing his supplies and likely trying not to think about me, especially as the pokedex failed to provide any information. "What purpose does your hat and fake mustache even serve? I mean, it looks like it's only useful because of the sheer absurdity of the look, sitting on your mane like that, never mind how it looks like the fake mustache likely gets in the way of your vision." Umbreon, meanwhile, isn't exactly appreciative of my fashion.

A/N: Decided to try something involving the character we apparently missed. Though also, I decided to pull more mons from later gens in this, like having a trainer with a Luxray line Pokémon because in HG/SS, while generally non-native can be encountered while playing radio. So while rare and hard to find, it makes sense if there is some small presence( Though said trainer could have also got it from another region). While the reference to Sentret is because they get added to the normal encounter tables of the route 1 itself.

Also, while only the luxray form is actually known for x-ray vision, I figure that with sufficient training, especially specialized training, if may be possible for the pre-evo's to do so( or at least Luxio). And I figure that as a Pokémon, the Zorouark could sense the badge energy, and with experience of the human side, can estimate based on said energy, how many someone has. Albeit no counting purely mundane badges like that quiz badge that can get someone in the conference without going through all the gyms.

Last edited:
Vince is straight out since it's been years and he's rustier than a rusty sword found on a long-ago battlefield. but he still has those skills, rusty they may be. He's not my first choice but for martial, he might be our only choice since the others don't have more than 3 badges. and those are what, Rock, Water, and electric? Vince's possible connections to team rocket also make him suspect but also a potential hire since Oak doesn't know his full story.

1. What level were Vince's pokemon when he reached cinnabar?

Jade would be my first choice if not for her having to stop so early in her journey. But she made it to Saffron which is no small feat.

2. what was Jade's team when she returned from Saffron, does she still have them?

Luna She's a coordinator so she'd be better in a moral boosting position.

3, would she even want the position?

Ruben is straight out since he crashed and burned on the second badge. which means that his skills aren't strong enough and we would suffer if he took over Martial. So it'd be Vince over him. then Jade who again made it to Saffron,

[x] Jade Seacrest

Last edited:
1. What level were Vince's pokemon when he reached cinnabar?
Around Mid Game, so 25-40 level.
2. what was Jade's team when she returned from Saffron, does she still have them?
Her team was...well you'll find out if you hire them and she still has them, though they're still in fighting shape.
3, would she even want the position?
You aren't hiring a martial, your getting a hero unit.

Thinking about it, Vince would probably be good for a spy or martial position, Luna is a former coordinator, so she'd be perfect for moral boosting position if there are no other candidates. Rueban, I'm not sure of and I don't really have an opinion about him. Jade is the best choice for the hero Unit.

I want to write a short omake about a 3 badge trainer trying to return home to Pallet, He has 6 Pokémon but chose to return home after the katastrophe. This trainer is actually the very first team I ever had when I first played Pokemon red when it came out. I carry fond memories of that team so I want to write about that team here,

Back