Voting is open
[x] Plan I Have No Idea What I'm Doing
- [x] Meeting with Senator Palpatine: You are going to go to the man who is now, your closest friend, and political ally. You know that he has ideas that can help you win support, and you will have to take them. DC: 0
- [x] Build a Government: You are going to build your government, hopefully, they will actually do something to help you, and you don't make the biggest mistake of your career. DC: 0
- [x] Meet the Jedi: You will meet the Jedi who have helped you. As well as the Jedi Council. DC: 30
- [x] Hire a speech coach: Basic is your second language. And you are going to struggle with speaking to the rest of the Galaxy, so to better help with that communication, you will hire a speech coach to make your basic sound better. DC: ???

[X] Plan I'm Mad As Hell And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore
-[X] Meeting with Senator Palpatine
-[X] Build a Government
-[X] Meet the Jedi
-[X] Make a Speech
--[X] [Write-In] Call out the long-running disaster of the attempted prosecutions of Nute Gunray and the complete non-compliance of the Trade Federation with the investigations and hearings into the Naboo Crisis, ask the people of the Republic to stand with their Senate and their High Courts and aid in pressuring the Trade Federation by boycotting Federation products and applying civil disobedience against Federation indenture contracts and planetary treaties, until such time as Gunray submits to the rule of law and justice for their Outer Rim slaves.

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Preperation work
-[X]Meeting with Senator Palpatine: You are going to go to the man who is now, your closest friend, and political ally. You know that he has ideas that can help you win support, and you will have to take them. DC: 0

-[X]Schmoze with the Mid rim Senators: If you want to pass legislation, you will need their support. DC: 30

-[X]Schmoze with the Outer Rim Senators: If you want to pass legislation, you will need their support. DC: 20

-[X]The Federalists and You: You want to learn of the opinions of your constituents… and rather, your potentially greatest allies within the Senate. DC: 40

Should the thread build a government without checking out the factions?

[X] [Write-In] Call out the long-running disaster of the attempted prosecutions of Nute Gunray and the complete non-compliance of the Trade Federation with the investigations and hearings into the Naboo Crisis, ask the people of the Republic to stand with their Senate and their High Courts and aid in pressuring the Trade Federation by boycotting Federation products and apply civil disobedience against Federation indenture contracts and planetary treaties, until such time as they submit to the rule of law and justice for their Outer Rim slaves.
@Magoose is nute gunray still around or did "something" happened ?

There's a better time to get a speech coach than a current close to occurring crisis out at the Outer Rim, there's aplenty in the Senate with doubts about the capabilities of the Great Supreme Chancellor as a functioning Chancellor - might as well at least show the decisiveness towards at least being seen to attempt and police the unlawful problems there than a cosmetic change that can be attained after implementing the action.

I think we can thread the line between pleasing these three for the most part and not overly offending at least two of the other factions while effecting positive change.

Have to define the Change towards "Government Centralization" and not simply throwing random powers at the Supreme Chancellor and Hope for the Best.

I'm pretty sure that canonically over the ten years post-Naboo and post-Valorum they like tried to bring up Tricky Nute on charges like three times, but nothing stuck

EDIT: which is why I figured Jar Jar would think of the traditions of his people, and the Gungan practices of exile and shunning that he himself once suffered under

Last edited:
I really think meeting with the military and sending the justicars out right away is a better move than meeting with the jedi. the Jedi's Input is less critical at this stage. I'm just not interested in a speech coach enough to put it ahead of more critical actions.

I really think meeting with the military and sending the justicars out right away is a better move than meeting with the jedi. the Jedi's Input is less critical at this stage.

They're more likely to actually offer help when they see the Republic Themselves doing something about the issue - Now if it's more about actual fighting like the Protector of the People they are, or trying to talk down the Pirates and Crime people from..well doing their thing like the Keepers of the Peace they try and see themselves as are the two big main questions on what they'll do.

I figure this is basically just a couple years after episode I right, in alternate negotiations for selecting a new Chancellor after Valorum that get more deadlocked and Palps isn't quite able to clinch it and then I dunno Padme orders him to back Bail Antilles, and since the guy bailed on politics basically right after his canon failed bid as Chancellor and was replaced by Organa as Senator, he ends up as a seat-warmer burnout, thus another super-deadlock Senate vote that leads to the dark horse outsider of Representative Binks

Last edited:
They're more likely to actually offer help when they see the Republic Themselves doing something about the issue - Now if it's more about actual fighting like the Protector of the People they are, or trying to talk down the Pirates and Crime people from..well doing their thing like the Keepers of the Peace they try and see themselves as are the two big main questions on what they'll do.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. We could at the very least encourage them to do the job they claim to do, and actually keep the peace.

though the problem with using the Judicals is that they require a Senate vote for any deployment that can't be justified as through some continuing resolution or something of earlier Senate mandated deployments, the Galactic Republic has few actual defined and formalized powers for the Chancellor over stuff like declaring war and 'police actions', because why would a strong Senate ever give that up to the executive.

I don't think we have the clout to get Nute's slimy ass in prison just yet.

Everyone is waiting for us to fuck things up so they aren't going to put their eggs in the basket and I'm willing to bet good money Nute and the Trade Federation have enough blackmail to override anything we might do at this stage.

We have to defang that dragon before we can get anything done. Sci-fi politics are still, unfortunately, politics.

[x] Plan I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

imagine if jar jar just nat 100's the basic learning roll? imagine the shock of a nobly posh accent jar jar? :V

Voting is open
Back