[Mafia] A Murder of Crows

I'll limit myself to 'I actually argued for stronger jackdaws than IH went with' so I don't agree that they're overpowered as is, obviously.

I'll talk more after the game is over about principles and things, in respect to IH's desire for strategy and balance discussion to wait.
Honestly I'm more concerned by the Magpie. Knows every player's role and has a total of three steals per cycle, with the addition of autowinning if it gets all three.

I like it though.

Magpie will never get the Shiny Thing from Day Phase one, being on the bottom of the pecking order.

Last edited:
Well this is an interesting take on the format. I'd like to join, please.

Where do the shiny things start?

Wait...so the Magpie actually has a hard mechanical disadvantage in that they probably won't get the item AND they can get items stolen from them that they steal...huh...

Another Rules Question: During the stealing phase, if multiple birds of the same type steal correctly from one person, how is who retrieves the SHINY THING determined? Is it just random or is it first to input the action physically?

I'll be backing out of this one as well I think; I need a break from mafia-related stuff in light of all the mess surrounding last game, and just time to get my head back on straight

Same. Backing out. I mean. I'm sorry. I just can't.

*Remembers that there IS a new game*
Eh, open setup seems interesting and the general idea sounds fun. Sign me up please.
I'll try to do more again this game.

Go ahead and move me to active, since we are in fact starting late enough for me to be available.

Eh I can probably join in with everything being shut down -- probably won't be very high effort but I'll give it a shot.

Back