You are taking this way too seriously. I'm only in this for the lolz.

It would be totally funny if our mc is actually psyched for the legendary marriage annulmeant. The question you got to ask yourself is that why would a modern man take seriously a trope filled paradise fueled by narratanium?
Full on crack is bad and unfun.

The system is a drug dealer. We cant go cold turkey.

And the system only takes reckless behavior as its only currency.

What? Did I explain it incorrectly or something?

This isn't the Scheming System or one based on it at all. It's based on the system from In a diff world with Naruto system and other such stories. The MC doesn't get a reward for acting a certain way, he gets points for killing things or feeding items to the system.

There will be some comedy and clichés but I'm not going full Crack with this.

This isn't the Scheming System or one based on it at all. It's based on the system from In a diff world with Naruto system and other such stories. The MC doesn't get a reward for acting a certain way, he gets points for killing things or feeding items to the system.

No he gets more points for pulling more people into this thread. Therefore he needs to be amusing enough to appeal to a wider audience. Therefore the last thing he should do is to be serious and cautious, ie unfun.

Last edited:

That's good, the Scheming System was so irritating.
Personally, I think HN1F is the best system.

So the character would somehow break the 4th wall and know this is a quest? Also just because there are more updates doesn't change the pace of progression. Sounds like a really annoying royalroad fic

As SAO Abridged Kirito puts it: "becasuse i am not an idiot"

while our mc cannot determine exact phenomena, with enough data points he can determine cause and effect. Or at least correlations.

Does anyone in this thread smoke weed Holy Flower of Eternal Nirvana Wicked Eternal Evil Despotic Shrub

Also, @Reckless_Sun Kolarthecool is the GM. He stated his piece above.

Last edited:
Does anyone in this thread smoke weed Holy Flower of Eternal Nirvana Wicked Eternal Evil Despotic Shrub

Also, @Reckless_Sun Kolarthecool is the GM. He stated his piece above.

I don't think kolarthecool fuly grasp what the system means. If we assume the Mc is a fully realized character of at least average intelligence, he would notice fluctuation in his meta currency rewards based on his choices, this in turn will lead to optimized choices for farming meta currency.

I don't think kolarthecool fuly grasp what the system means. If we assume the Mc is a fully realized character of at least average intelligence, he would notice fluctuation in his meta currency rewards based on his choices, this in turn will lead to optimized choices for farming meta currency.
If a) the metacurrency is detached from participation - i.e. voter participation does not impact the character's incentives in an appreciable fashion - & b) updates are tied only to the chronological progression of the universe/narrative - with no significant differentiable difference between described and elided life - then there is no datum - inferable or explicit - that would motivate behavior which would in turn draw voter participation and/or thus motivate kolarthecool to post increasingly often.

I am inclined to trust the word of the system designer on the design of the system: there is no feedback cycle because there is no feedback.

Last edited:
If the metacurrency is detached from participation & updates are tied only to the chronological progression of the universe/narrative, with no significant differentiable difference between described and elided life, there is no datum, inferable or explicit, whatsoever that would motivate behavior which would draw voter participation and/or thus motivate kolarthecool to post increasingly often.

Which in turn decrease our participation and i wouldnt care after that.

No tragic for everyone. If reward is tied to chronology rather than choice, it means the mc is motivated to do safe and boring things farm meta currency. WHy would he work harder if he gets the same pay?
If he can find a safe and steady way to kill things and cash in items, good on him. I'll then just focus on the economic systems and interpersonal relationships, if existent, that allow him to do so. Failing that, on min-maxing his kill-effort ratio.

If he can find a safe and steady way to kill things and cash in items, good on him. I'll then just focus on the economic systems and interpersonal relationships, if existent, that allow him to do so. Failing that, on min-maxing his kill-effort ratio.

Thats not for everyone though and it will decrease participation on a larger scale than just me. besides the gm already said the meta currency comes from killing and feeding the system, that means there is feed back and the choice to make is how to acquire more things to feed the system or kill things.

Acquiring things usually require a particular pattern of behavior.

Last edited:
actually, your argument doesn't fit the situation because the gm has already declared that there is feedback from the system. Ie, feeding things to the system is rewared. Therefore certain behavior patterns are already incentivized
That is indeed true - feeding in-world items into the system provides a metacurrency which can be exchanged for rewards from the system.
This fails to imply that there is feedback from increased voter participation, the feedback I had rather clearly been referring to.

Last edited:
I don't know about the claim that Naruto can't stand up to higher tier cultivators. I mean, in raw power probably not but they've got some choice bullshit even at the mid levels. Dust release for example or the various Sharingan Genjutsus that are powerful enough to control the Kyubey at base level, let alone the bullshit Mangekyō versions with the time dilation and the absolute control over one being regardless of difference in strength or willpower.

I don't know about the claim that Naruto can't stand up to higher tier cultivators. I mean, in raw power probably not but they've got some choice bullshit even at the mid levels. Dust release for example or the various Sharingan Genjutsus that are powerful enough to control the Kyubey at base level, let alone the bullshit Mangekyō versions with the time dilation and the absolute control over one being regardless of difference in strength or willpower.

I mean, in the universe of Naruto itself those certainly aren't the "mid-levels." All of that stuff is thrown around pretty much exclusively by S-rank ninja. But in a cultivation setting that doesn't have to (and really shouldn't) keep the distribution and levels of powers exactly the same, yes you have a point.

Hell, the easiest and most basic of all techniques that every ninja graduate has to learn are 1.) instantaneous replacement with a nearby object, 2.) physical transformation into a similarly-sized person or even object, and 3.) creation of illusory copies of yourself. That's the Beginner's Package literally everyone gets at the start (except for Lee).

I mean, in the universe of Naruto itself those certainly aren't the "mid-levels." All of that stuff is thrown around pretty much exclusively by S-rank ninja. But in a cultivation setting that doesn't have to (and really shouldn't) keep the distribution and levels of powers exactly the same, yes you have a point.

Hell, the easiest and most basic of all techniques that every ninja graduate has to learn are 1.) instantaneous replacement with a nearby object, 2.) physical transformation into a similarly-sized person or even object, and 3.) creation of illusory copies of yourself. That's the Beginner's Package literally everyone gets at the start (except for Lee).
It's true that it's not mid-level to the universe but it definitely is mid-level to the series which I assume would be the basis of the costs. A sharingan user would be able to copy any martial art they witnessed even if they still couldn't use the native cultivation methods, and would be able to implant a genjutsu that mimics combat precognition with only brief eye contact, much less all the other more potent genjutsu they could do with more and Sasuke got that in the first season.

And yeah, the basic three are pretty overpowered too, especially since Henge being an illusion is apparently fanon.

Back