It's my completed fic, Grail. I don't think it's to your taste in all fairness - it's a Worm/Nasu cross that is, to be quite frank, incredibly bonkers. It was fun to write, but was definitely a blatant power trip.

One of the Master-Servant pairs that was an enemy was a corrupted version of Medb with Crawler. That's really all anyone needs to know for context.

Well Fou was apparently content to just laze around in the Tower/Avalon like a sleepy NEET until Merlin went "Nope, you need to go interact with people other than me".* And he does later acknowledge that Merlin had a point even if he still wants to beat the mage to within an inch of his life.
But the mage who was taking care of me was a real bastard. He kicked me out of his warm, snug tower, and forced me to live outside.
...But, that is how I ended up in Chaldea...which is where I met you and Ritsuka.
I hope you don't mind me interfering like this. Then again, the mage always said that an act of goodwill was something forced onto someone..... Let's just go with that.
When the mage sent me out, he told me, "Go, experience all the beauty the world has to offer." And well....I have seen truly beautiful things.
*Fortunately between Fou's fluffiness (seriously, not even being immersed in water reduces it, just look at the Dive to Blue image) and the flowers at the base of the tower his fall was cushioned. Because seriously, that was that a rather long drop.

Last edited:
What is the basis/general idea of fae magic/faecraft @Blinktwice13
I recall illusions and what I'm guessing is inducing fae/Phantasms/spooky sentient magic pixie things to nudge the elements ala a Marble Phantasm (and thus not counting as magecraft/magic.

*Fortunately between Fou's fluffiness (seriously, not even being immersed in water reduces it, just look at the Dive to Blue image) and the flowers at the base of the tower his fall was cushioned. Because seriously, that was that a rather long drop.
Screw dive to blue, 5th copy never came to me even after 22 apples were used. Why do you have to farm for a 5th copy of that damn ce? Instead of having a 5th in shop like 90% of all other events in this game 😡

What is the basis/general idea of fae magic/faecraft @Blinktwice13
I recall illusions and what I'm guessing is inducing fae/Phantasms/spooky sentient magic pixie things to nudge the elements ala a Marble Phantasm (and thus not counting as magecraft/magic.

The basis I'm using is 'if anything termed a 'faerie' could do it, this can do it'. I'm using the Nasu definition, so that's how I got things like the Universal Language (KnK 6, Kurogiri got UL from faeries), Marble Phantasm effects (Arucreid counts as a faerie by strictest definition) and superpowered item crafting (Excalibur was crystallized in the depths of the planet and stamped with Fairy Letters, Avalon is a divine construct made in a similar way). Add a few more esoteric things based on the court in question - like healing/defense/light/blessings for Seelie, or corrosion/destruction/darkness/curses for Unseelie.

Faerie Magic is an amalgam of inhuman divine-class mysteries, and a lot of it has to do with Morgan being something that counts as a 'Goddess' when she is also a Faerie and an Elemental besides.

IIRC 'Faeries' in the Nasuverse are extensions of the World, or 'nature spirits' aka the World's method of interacting with reality; Gaia's hands, so to speak. They're usually invisible and utterly inhuman, though some become powerful enough to qualify as Elementals and adopt 'shells' from human imagination like the Lady in the Lake. True Ancestors are actually considered to be a 'large' type of Fairy, and as with all Elementals their Mystery is entirely beyond Magecraft.

Some Fairies are capable of creating Noble Phantasm class artifacts, with Arondight, Avalon, !!Excalibur!!, and Gáe Buidhe as examples of Fairy craftsmanship. Such items are engraved with letters from the Fairy language, of which sweet fuck all is known about beyond that no-one knows anything about it.

So yeah, they're basically capable of anything up to and including replicating the effects of True Magics: The only real limitations to Fairies is that they are extensions of the World and so deal poorly with 'Anti-World' things, such as aliens that obey their own rules instead of the World's rules.

It's my completed fic, Grail. I don't think it's to your taste in all fairness - it's a Worm/Nasu cross that is, to be quite frank, incredibly bonkers. It was fun to write, but was definitely a blatant power trip.

One of the Master-Servant pairs that was an enemy was a corrupted version of Medb with Crawler. That's really all anyone needs to know for context.
Considering what Medb did with Berserker Cu, yeah, it's not hard to figure out the context of that. :o

Last edited:
I looked it up on wikia - I think the difference is the target, self (Musashi) vs enemy (Ophelia).

Like, Musashi makes an outcome certain by making a desired outcome "inevitable" for her, and Ophelia brings enemy to ruin by culling his possibilities until only bad end remains.
Makes me wonder which eye would win, maybe they cancel each other out? Of course musashi would still win being a servant unless ophelia tag teams with sigurd.

"Eh?" Ritsuka stared, frozen with the guitar in his hands. It too vanished in a puff of red glitter.

"Happy Halloween!" Marie cheered. "So what rooms do we get?"

Kadoc collapsed onto the floor, the drumset and seat vanishing as he laughed himself sick.

Artoria opened her jaws, falling to her feet. Immediately she was composed once more. "Welcome to Chaldea. In the absence of our Masters, permit me to guide you around the premises." She said this with all the gravitas permitted by wearing lion pajamas.
Much as I love that bit from Arturia, said Masters are right there.

This is right up there with Fate Joyous Order for me as an S-Tier F/GO fic. Just an immense amount of fun, and absolutely crammed with great ideas. It's also been my first inspiration for creating something in the Fate fandom for absolutely aaages, so thank you for that too!

Great job with everything, looking forward to the next arc (holy shit by the way. You've certainly pulled out all the stops!).

And this is just Septem. With Grand Candidates set to manifest in every Singularity, that implies the danger level went up. For all we know, Manaka will use some Lostbelts or Pruned Timelines as a guide for 'How to fuck things up."

And seeing how things are snowballing from the original script? That's just so fun

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong: this Morgan is like Merlin in her existence has continued beyond her legend (aka, she hasn't died) and as such she is the person who, among other things, took Arturia to Avalon (presumably in some timey-wimey bullshit after Arturia got her shit together after a successful 5th HGW) and generally became a better person, hence why she's all that, and Arturia isn't more suspicious or angry because she knows from the FATE system about Morgan's change after her death?

Correct me if I'm wrong: this Morgan is like Merlin in her existence has continued beyond her legend (aka, she hasn't died) and as such she is the person who, among other things, took Arturia to Avalon (presumably in some timey-wimey bullshit after Arturia got her shit together after a successful 5th HGW) and generally became a better person, hence why she's all that, and Arturia isn't more suspicious or angry because she knows from the FATE system about Morgan's change after her death?

This Morgan is a Lostbelt/Pruned Timeline Refugee. Her role was that as the chief goddess of Avalon, and Saber Lily's patron and guide. Basically I took the old, old legends of Morgan before she was conflated with Morgause and put my own spin on them. Camelot was a roaring success and so the timeline was pruned. She managed to survive and escape, and is using Matthew as an anchor.

Artoria can tell that it's 'a' Morgan, but it's very much not 'her' Morgan. She lacks the overt malice she's accustomed to, and in practice is like a more benevolent but less understanding Merlin. To that end, she does not view her as an active threat.

Morgan's existence is fragile, even with as much power as she has. By having Matthew channel her power, she increases her 'reality' the more she is perceived by outside forces. By him claiming the title of 'Prince of Avalon' and spreading it through Singularities, he establishes her role in pan-human history beyond her failed timeline, and the more he uses the power she gave him, the more 'real' she becomes.

This Morgan is a Lostbelt/Pruned Timeline Refugee. Her role was that as the chief goddess of Avalon, and Saber Lily's patron and guide. Basically I took the old, old legends of Morgan before she was conflated with Morgause and put my own spin on them. Camelot was a roaring success and so the timeline was pruned. She managed to survive and escape, and is using Matthew as an anchor.

Artoria can tell that it's 'a' Morgan, but it's very much not 'her' Morgan. She lacks the overt malice she's accustomed to, and in practice is like a more benevolent but less understanding Merlin. To that end, she does not view her as an active threat.

Morgan's existence is fragile, even with as much power as she has. By having Matthew channel her power, she increases her 'reality' the more she is perceived by outside forces. By him claiming the title of 'Prince of Avalon' and spreading it through Singularities, he establishes her role in pan-human history beyond her failed timeline, and the more he uses the power she gave him, the more 'real' she becomes.

And due to her Fae nature, she naturally has a stronger tie to the world than Musashi, who is otherwise a normal human.

Back