Cast your mind back, if you will, to that time I talked about modern-era Western heroes. With the emphasis placed on the US Navy for most of the nation's history, I would expect that the Navy would at the very least influence E Pluribus Unum. Not sure if it would go with belief in ideas, (aka ship girl theory) with appearances by USS Constitution or any of the six frigates to be fair or one of the Enterprises, though if @Blinktwice13 goes this way HMS Victory would also want some screen time during Camalot. Or with important people, like the more traditional servents. In this case, I would think it promising candidates would be John Paul Jones, Chester Nimitz, or Halsey.

Cast your mind back, if you will, to that time I talked about modern-era Western heroes. With the emphasis placed on the US Navy for most of the nation's history, I would expect that the Navy would at the very least influence E Pluribus Unum. Not sure if it would go with belief in ideas, (aka ship girl theory) with appearances by USS Constitution or any of the six frigates to be fair or one of the Enterprises, though if @Blinktwice13 goes this way HMS Victory would also want some screen time during Camalot. Or with important people, like the more traditional servents. In this case, I would think it promising candidates would be John Paul Jones, Chester Nimitz, or Halsey.

There's a general rule of thumb that servants have to be at least ~200 years old before being considered for the throne- recent heroes don't have as much mystery surrounding them. As we know, mystery = power in the Nasuverse, and mystery is gained over time- when the straight facts about something/one are forgotten over time, it becomes mysterious. It gains more mystery. That might be a bit redundant, but it's pretty neat how it all clicks together.

There's a general rule of thumb that servants have to be at least ~200 years old before being considered for the throne- recent heroes don't have as much mystery surrounding them. As we know, mystery = power in the Nasuverse, and mystery is gained over time- when the straight facts about something/one are forgotten over time, it becomes mysterious. It gains more mystery. That might be a bit redundant, but it's pretty neat how it all clicks together.

Tell that to Voyager. He's technically still alive, if you count a functioning space probe as being alive.

Nightingale was born in 1820, I think it was 2018 she was released as a servant so 198 years difference.

It's the death date that counts, not the birth date. A person only ascends to the Throne upon death, so Heroic Spirit Nightingale is 110 years old as of this year. Voyager first appeared in Fate/Requiem, which is set in 2025, the year Voyager 1 is calculated to lose all power and cease functioning - the year it dies, in other words.

EDIT: Semi-relevant to Nightingale.

imgur.com

Nightingale and Jack

2751 views on Imgur

Last edited:
So technically you can get a servant from any age of humanity. It's just as you get more 'modern' the classes would be mostly restricted to Caster, Archer and Assassin. Because the circumstances for the Kinght classes aren't going to show up except for the occasional Rider perhaps, and it's the same for Berserker. Not to mention the heroes get more 'mundane' so they don't tend to be the powerhouses of the ancient/mythological figures are.

Admittedly I did like that one story in a series of one-shots that had Walt Disney as a Caster-class.

So technically you can get a servant from any age of humanity. It's just as you get more 'modern' the classes would be mostly restricted to Caster, Archer and Assassin. Because the circumstances for the Kinght classes aren't going to show up except for the occasional Rider perhaps, and it's the same for Berserker. Not to mention the heroes get more 'mundane' so they don't tend to be the powerhouses of the ancient/mythological figures are.

Admittedly I did like that one story in a series of one-shots that had Walt Disney as a Caster-class.

Plus, a Heroic Spirit also requires someone to be 'the one and only'. You don't get much of that post-1900s, considering that by then most fundamental discoveries had already been made (emphasis on fundamental) . Edison and Tesla are funny exceptions, considering that this change in society is what they represent- Edison especially.

Plus, a Heroic Spirit also requires someone to be 'the one and only'. You don't get much of that post-1900s, considering that by then most fundamental discoveries had already been made (emphasis on fundamental) . Edison and Tesla are funny exceptions, considering that this change in society is what they represent- Edison especially.
EMIYA would like to talk. Granted, he only gets in on the whole Counter Guardian trade off, but the point must be made.

Besides, IIRC, the Throne is literally atemporal. So, the limiting factor is probably story spread, rather than age. It just happens that stories spread faster the more modern they get, so they lack the "telephone" effect of oral histories. So suddenly stories like John-Henry are only noteworthy for how far they show humans can push themselves.

It's the death date that counts, not the birth date. A person only ascends to the Throne upon death, so Heroic Spirit Nightingale is 110 years old as of this year. Voyager first appeared in Fate/Requiem, which is set in 2025, the year Voyager 1 is calculated to lose all power and cease functioning - the year it dies, in other words.

EDIT: Semi-relevant to Nightingale.

imgur.com

Nightingale and Jack

2751 views on Imgur
Death huh, yeah that makes more sense, I had it in my head it was the start of their 'legend' that earned their time in throne, my bad:oops:

Medea Lily can make infinite pancakes. MHX Alter can convert food to magical energy with perfect efficiency via her Mana Conversion Altereactor Engine. Enkidu can function as a Holy Grail if enough magical energy is provided. Boom, Chaldea steamrolls everything.

Also Pain Breaker requires that the Gatcha roll Summoning System coughs up Medea Lily for use.

Come to think of it, can they even 'draw' Servants that are present in the various Singularities before stabilizing/completing them?

Last edited:
Come to think of it, can they even 'draw' Servants that are present in the various Singularities before stabilizing/completing them?

I've been trying to avoid doing that, actually. Gilgamesh is a slight subversion due to him showing up in Babylonia, but as that's his Caster self I felt there was sufficient difference.

I've been trying to avoid doing that, actually. Gilgamesh is a slight subversion due to him showing up in Babylonia, but as that's his Caster self I felt there was sufficient difference.

Gilgamesh in Babylonia is not a servant but his true living self, that's why got into the underworld. The servant Gilgamesh only appeared at the end were he did a crazy stunt and summoned himself after dying.

Considering what Medb did with Berserker Cu, yeah, it's not hard to figure out the context of that. :o
Yeah, but Cu Alter was sexeable, fucking Crawler on the other hand.......i mean, we all knew Medb didnt have any standars but that was a new low.

This needs to be brought up at some point. If only to see Emiya and the others react to her reaction.

Sooooo sweet dear Ereshkigal was the ultimate size Queen, good to know.

Medea Lily also has Pain Breaker, she can just heal Wodime and the rest of the Crypters. Boom, drama's over.
She is also Story locked...if i remember correctly. And it would make sense for her to be unable to be called until the fate system can record her saint graph to know that a younger version of Medea can be called.

Speaking of best Goddess Eresh leads to Babylonia, and that leads to the elephant in the room I didn't see adressed, if it was I likely missed it. Tiamat's Sin does not appear on the list of Beast's sins. From the original lineup, only Goetia, Fou and 666 remain. So what happened to her?

Yeah, but Cu Alter was sexeable, fucking Crawler on the other hand.......i mean, we all knew Medb didnt have any standars but that was a new low.
Medb will do literally anyone in order to reclaim the coveted No.1 THOT rank from Thotzilla.

Speaking of best Goddess Eresh leads to Babylonia, and that leads to the elephant in the room I didn't see adressed, if it was I likely missed it. Tiamat's Sin does not appear on the list of Beast's sins. From the original lineup, only Goetia, Fou and 666 remain. So what happened to her?
From the list, it sounds like Tiamat is getting replaced by the 'Beast of Collection', aka Daji or Tamamo Vitch.

Presumably it will make more sense when Babylonia rolls around and we find out what actually happens. (Vitch usurping Tiamat's Beasthood maybe?)

e: Oh, I note that Regret isn't on the list either; doesn't Grandpa Hassan say that Regret is one of the Beasts, though not which one? (Though with only V, VI and VII's sins left in canon, options for which are low, especially with Vitch confirmed as a Beast with the sin of Collection and an unknown number which is probably V, unless she somehow pulls a VI/? with 666 and/or Nero.)

Last edited:
Back