Voting is open
So what's the curve on average chaos marine vs average loyalist? Something like...(long war= Horus Hersey veterans by the by).
In
Average: LongWarVet>loyalist>Chaos
Saergent: Loyalist>Chaos
Captain: Chaos>Loyalist

General notables: longwar>>>>loyalist>chaos

I think chaos marines are better on average, I mean a lot of them are the same guys that used to be part of the legion when the heresy happened.

Yeah. I listed them as general chaos when I felt like the loyalist probably still had an advantage(generally for better training and less mental hang ups).

The other rule I've seen is that the higher up you go the more likely chaos is better and is better by a larger margin.

In GoD terms, loyalists have better institutional training and support, so their baseline is better and they have more Legendaries.

Chaos, however, has better Legendaries, and the various Champions will as a rule all have pseudo-Legendary Corrupted traits that give them a legendary-esque power at a cost. Which is usually not enough when a Khorne Berserker is murdering through an entire Squad, or an Obliterator just vaporised your dodgemaster Captain because they don't give a crap about your dodginess.

So in sheer numbers, Loyalists have more Legendaries (especially T-1s) than Chaos. But Chaos has more powerful Legendaries and Corrupted Skills that make their champions really scary, requiring the use of unorthodox tactics to slap them in their weak points. And they also match the number of medium tier Legendaries (T-2) and have more high tier Legendaries (T-3, T-4, even Primarch-Only T-5).

Hate Chaos. Despise Chaos. But never underestimate them. This encounter has been a great way to show that mechanically, via their bullshit powers.

And we haven't even met Plague Marines or the Slaaneshi yet.

Okay... I'm finding the rolls amusing...

Apparently, the dice hate loyalist normal space marines in any form of actually significant combat... On the other hand, they absolutely adore loyalist's coming through the wall to attack Chaos Champions...
When did our dice get addicted to the Rule of Cool?

excuuuuuuse me the holiest of f words in the imperium is fyck

Martellus: "SPEAK IT WITH ME BROTHERS!"

Captains: "FYCK!"

Martellus: "AGAIN!"

Veterans: "FYCK!"

Martellus: "ONCE MORE!"

High Command: "FYCK!"

Martellus: "ALL TOGETHER!"

Everyone: "FYCK STONEHAVEN!"

----

Mephiston: "...I feel it again, Dante."

Dante: "If Aurelius gives me another headache I swear to fyck..."

Mephiston: "Indeed, indeed."

----

Guilliman: *Muffled Screaming*

Serf: "What's Lord Guilliman doing?"

Techpriest: "Fyck if I know I just work here."

----

Corax: "You did it again, Leman."

Russ: "Look it's not my fault."

Omegon: "Just like when Father died."

Russ: "NOT MY FAULT!"

Corax: "What the--OMEGON!"

Omegon: "Ah fyck, dammit brother!"

Russ: "NOT MY FAULT!"

----

Emperor: [OH COME ON IS RUSS DOING IT AGAIN]

Sanguinius: "Father please no not again."

Emperor: [TOO LATE GONNA DO IT]

Sanguinius: "Brother help me."

Dorn: I already am."

Sanguinius: "HELP ME CALM HIM DOWN!"

Emperor: [YOU CANNOT CALM ME SANGUINIUS ONLY MY CENTURION CAN]

Dorn: "I am fortifying this position."

Sanguinius: "...Alright. Dorn, come here."

Dorn: "No."

Sanguinius: "I'M GOING TO BREAK YOU!"

Dorn: "No."

Sanguinius: "RrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FYCK YOU DORN"

Emperor: [...]

Emperor: [WOW]

Emperor: [SOMEONE NEEDS TO CHILL]

Okay... I'm finding the rolls amusing...

Apparently, the dice hate loyalist normal space marines in any form of actually significant combat... On the other hand, they absolutely adore loyalist's coming through the wall to attack Chaos Champions...
When did our dice get addicted to the Rule of Cool?
So are we standardizing Plan Kool Aid?
But this time can we have the Steel Angel surfing a Land Raider through a wall?

Kind of wish someone could write an Omake of the new Primaris Marines and what their interaction with the Crimson Crusaders might be hint hint

Random thought but will we ever see more of Dahl and the Warhawks? They were pretty cool and I loved how they came off as ultra bros(then again I like it when the ultramarines and successors are pretty much trying to be on everyone's good side).

Random thought but will we ever see more of Dahl and the Warhawks? They were pretty cool and I loved how they came off as ultra bros(then again I like it when the ultramarines and successors are pretty much trying to be on everyone's good side).
They'll show up again soon, they're just off on crusade. :V

It's funny how the two Chapters committed to defending a precious artifact are also very crusade happy.

If they wanted people to stand around and fortify they should have gotten the Fists

Last edited:
To be fair, it's good camo. Nobody would think that two Chapters that spend so much time kicking face in are /actually/ there to protect a superweapon!

But yeah, it also contributes to our whole "Holy shit CrCrs you guys are murder machines" thing.

Actually we both based in the same system so we can take turns crusading and recovery/home-making.

Voting is open
Back