FusionVerse - Combining All The Stories

Deku mentions that if it weren't for the chaos caused by the emergence of Quirks, Humanity would have figured out interstellar travel.
That feels like an opinion. Like people say "Oh we would be on Mars right now if not for [insert thing about government they don't like]" rather than a fact about the time period.

Besides One Punch Man has a hero organisation and that's not set in the future. So Japan has some kind of equivalent in the modern day anyway.

That feels like an opinion. Like people say "Oh we would be on Mars right now if not for [insert thing about government they don't like]" rather than a fact about the time period.

Besides One Punch Man has a hero organisation and that's not set in the future. So Japan has some kind of equivalent in the modern day anyway.

Taking into account it's also stated society collapsed upon the rise of Quirks, the first Quirks are shown in a very modern setting, and the villain AfO is outright stated to be around 200 years old (and I thiiink It was also mentioned he was a comic book fan) then yeah

Taking into account it's also stated society collapsed upon the rise of Quirks, the first Quirks are shown in a very modern setting, and the villain AfO is outright stated to be around 200 years old (and I thiiink It was also mentioned he was a comic book fan) then yeah
Ok so the current outbreak of mutants with Magneto and the X-Men (which began to really explode in the 60s with minor exceptions), is the start of what will be called "Quirks" in 200 years or so?

So All For One could be a villain in the modern day, although likely in the shadows and less powerful.

Tiger and Bunny could be the start of taking those with this mutant power (I think they call them NEXTs) as an organisation on a small scale, with a city filled with professional heroes. Perhaps in some way One Punch Man's ranking system league also exists, both trial versions funded by private groups, in a way to find a way to regulate/care for heroes in Japan.

Ok so the current outbreak of mutants with Magneto and the X-Men (which began to really explode in the 60s with minor exceptions), is the start of what will be called "Quirks" in 200 years or so?

So All For One could be a villain in the modern day, although likely in the shadows and less powerful.

Tiger and Bunny could be the start of taking those with this mutant power (I think they call them NEXTs) as an organisation on a small scale, with a city filled with professional heroes. Perhaps in some way One Punch Man's ranking system league also exists, both trial versions funded by private groups, in a way to find a way to regulate/care for heroes in Japan.
Tiger & Bunny I'd argue fits better in the same time frame as MHA

Also, taking into account AfO's power is to take away other people's Quirk/X-Gene, I doubt he would stay powerless that much

Heck, I could imagine some of the anti-Mutant government officials making deals with him to eliminate mutants and what not

Tiger & Bunny I'd argue fits better in the same time frame as MHA
You sure? It's pretty small scale, given there's literally only one city it focuses on, and superhumans are fairly rare in Tiger & Bunny, compared to the 80% rate in MHA. And as for the higher tech, it's nothing out of the ordinary for a 21st century with super scientists like Tony Stark and Lex Luthor.

Hey I just had a thought. There was about 200 years of tech stagnation between first Quirk and the start of MHA manga. What if that period had an appocalypse, perhaps in some way caused by the quirks/Mutants? Maybe it was like Days of Future's past where they made Sentinel Robots to capture mutants, but the problem was more and more people had mutant DNA (or quirks), which meant the Sentinels basically turned on mankind. Or maybe the Sentinel program (or equivalent) was controlled by Brother Eye the satellite system made by Batman to monitor all metahumans on the planet.

Perhaps the Sentinel AI/Brother Eye transformed into Skynet from, causing a robot apocalypse as it tried to eliminated metahumans in an attempt to 'make the world safe'. Perhaps Ultron or one of the other AI corrupted it who knows? Regardless, we now have a period of apocalypse where we can stick in all those post-apocalypse settings. Fallout, Horizon Zero Dawn, Judge Dredd, Matrix, Water World etc could all be triggered, especially if the robots/humans start also using nukes too.

Then somehow after this apocalyptic period, mankind recovers, and gets back to 21st century level technology, even though it's been maybe 200 years (we can say more or less if it suits the timeline) since things went strange. The difference is that most of the world (well the survivors anyway) have mutations, now called Quirks. It's possible that the rise in Quirks is due to the radiation in the air during that post apocalypse period, others saying that having quirks just meant you were more likely to survive that period and breed, passing down the quirk, but science is still undecided on that.

What do people think?

Last edited:
Also, taking into account AfO's power is to take away other people's Quirk/X-Gene, I doubt he would stay powerless that much

Heck, I could imagine some of the anti-Mutant government officials making deals with him to eliminate mutants and what not
I always saw him as a kind of Sylar (Heroes) style sociopath in his early days, sticking to the shadows to avoid attention and picking off tasty targets one by one, until he made his own kingdom in the criminal underworld to rule from.

Last edited:
So not confirmed, since you just listed a bunch of fan theories with different ideas on the time period, rather than say the writer's statement. Cool.

That's the intention. This is such an interesting argument, but I have watched maybe one random episode of BNHA, so I have no stake in the matter. My only stance is that the widespread nature of public Quirks seems to butt up against X-Men wrong. And why would people like Superman have a secret identity if everyone knows about and loves Quirk users? Because he's an alien?

That's the intention. This is such an interesting argument, but I have watched maybe one random episode of BNHA, so I have no stake in the matter. My only stance is that the widespread nature of public Quirks seems to butt up against X-Men wrong. And why would people like Superman have a secret identity if everyone knows about and loves Quirk users? Because he's an alien?
Superman would have been the first public Superhero, so the widespread acceptance wouldn't be in place yet

Superman would have been the first public Superhero, so the widespread acceptance wouldn't be in place yet

You might have misunderstood me. I meant that Superman wouldn't make since in BNHA itself, where all these heroes are so public, with him having a secret identity. At least if he were a Quirk user, which he sort of isn't.

If we set BNHA in the future of Fusionverse, then what you said makes sense.

You might have misunderstood me. I meant that Superman wouldn't make since in BNHA itself, where all these heroes are so public, with him having a secret identity. At least if he were a Quirk user, which he sort of isn't.

If we set BNHA in the future of Fusionverse, then what you said makes sense.
All Might has a secret identity though, and he's basically superman (popularity and symbolism wise). No one knows what he really looks like, and I don't think the news ever reported him by name except possibly near the end of season 3.

A lot of supers don't have secret identities in MHA because they make money from using their image in commercials etc.

Do we want Superman to be the first hero, like show up in the 30s? Or is that still up in the air?

And why would people like Superman have a secret identity if everyone knows about and loves Quirk users? Because he's an alien?
So his mum, girlfriend and other loved ones are safe from crazy bald billionaires who want to ruin his life because Supes' mere presence emasculates him?

Side note, I think Lex Luthor probably doesn't like Goku and other Saiyans for the same reason he dislikes Kryptonians.

All Might has a secret identity though, and he's basically superman (popularity and symbolism wise). No one knows what he really looks like, and I don't think the news ever reported him by name except possibly near the end of season 3.

A lot of supers don't have secret identities in MHA because they make money from using their image in commercials etc.

Do we want Superman to be the first hero, like show up in the 30s? Or is that still up in the air?

So his mum, girlfriend and other loved ones are safe from crazy bald billionaires who want to ruin his life because Supes' mere presence emasculates him?

Side note, I think Lex Luthor probably doesn't like Goku and other Saiyans for the same reason he dislikes Kryptonians.
1. I'd like Superman to be the first public hero, regardless on when he shows up
2. Keep in mind Lex's issue with Superman is entirely ego driven, so it would depend on how much Goku trips up his Ego

1. I'd like Superman to be the first public hero, regardless on when he shows up
2. Keep in mind Lex's issue with Superman is entirely ego driven, so it would depend on how much Goku trips up his Ego
I'd say less so, given Goku is a complete idiot when it comes to non-combat situations, while Superman sometimes displays incredible intelligence. So less of a threat to the ego.

Define public hero.

Ok so you're fine if there's a secret history of super powered or supernatural vigilantes fighting crime, as long as the public are not aware before Superman, correct? Any particular reason why?

Is the public aware of One For All? I figure they just think All Might is really strong.
Public is not aware of his powers. We were talking about Superman.

Ok so you're fine if there's a secret history of super powered or supernatural vigilantes fighting crime, as long as the public are not aware before Superman, correct? Any particular reason why?

Sorry, it was a side question. I would also like to know the reason CB is asking for. It's interesting.

So not confirmed, since you just listed a bunch of fan theories with different ideas on the time period, rather than say the writer's statement. Cool.

Again, taking into account AfO's age and the fact there've been Nine holders of OfA before Izuku (and the first is clearly settled on modern age) it's clear it's happening in the future

Not to mention there are things like mass produced robots, jeckpats etc etc

Because Superman was the first Superhero in real life, and having the fictional universe reflect that works well in my opinion

Because Superman was the first Superhero in real life, and having the fictional universe reflect that works well in my opinion

I see what you're doing, but no. That would mean that the robots in the first ever robot story should be chronologically first, regardless of when their story takes place. There are superhuman beings that predate Superman in-canon, and regardless of whether they are public or not, that should be of foremost importance.

Wonder Woman, for example, makes the scene in World War I. At least that's how I remember it.

I see what you're doing, but no. That would mean that the robots in the first ever robot story should be chronologically first, regardless of when their story takes place. There are superhuman beings that predate Superman in-canon, and regardless of whether they are public or not, that should be of foremost importance.

Wonder Woman, for example, makes the scene in World War I. At least that's how I remember it.
It's a different situation

Inspiring people is Superman's whole deal, so having him be the guy that goes public first and inspires a massive change in the world. He already canonically inspires people well into the far future with tales of his exploits, so him being the first Superhero makes perfect sense for his character in ways that aren't there for robots or other character archetypes.

There's also the fact that Superman is a timeless character, he's not tied down to any particular era, so he can be put at any location in the timeline and work well.

(And no, outside of the DCEU Wonder Woman has never predated Superman to my knowledge)

Back