FusionVerse - Combining All The Stories

Money: What is it good for?

Thank you for coming in today. I am the manager for 5th Elemental Bank-remember our motto, the 5th element is prosperity! Ha ha, we like to have fun here. Now I understand you have concerns about the safety of your money if you start an account with us, and I am here to assuage those concerns.

Now I imagine the first concern you may have is that supervillains and their ilk are going to come rob the bank, as you may have seen in the news. Well, if I may share some history, as recently as the 2000s, banks such as ours had started transferring their wealth online so that banks themselves do not have a great deal of liquid currency in them to steal. However this proved to be a problem with the rise of cyber criminals and AI, who proved adept at breaking through online security and accessing our funds. We all remember the 'Turbulence' incident in 2010 where millions of dollars of online funds were suddenly redistributed to different charities overnight. Yes I understand that many of those that lost funds were third world dictators and the like-no none of them were our clients I assure you. Regardless, it caused massive disruption.

There have been some success in countering this with block chain technology, for example Latveria has very successful blockchain technology that appears to have stumped AI called D.O.O.M-Chain. However, for most part this has resulted in banks keeping more liquid wealth than expected in our vaults for security purposes. We've countered that to some degree by ensuring our bank branches are in areas with high superhero traffic, such as Metropolis and Stern Bild City, so very often criminals either avoid robbing our banks or are apprehended quickly. In addition we have hired on private security firms* such as Blackhawk Squad Protection Group as well as utilise mechanised Guardians from Namba Heavy Industries. Our few extraterestrial branches are supported by the security firm Thugs 4 Less-I assure you they are far more competent than their name implies.

However, you may be wondering how we deal with the fact that there exist Quirks that make it possible to imitate others, or perhaps replicate money? Well this was a problem until the discovery ofGringotts Wizarding Bank and the goblins who work there. 12 years ago Gringotts bank was discovered by the public at large, and the employees there have over 5 centuries of experience dealing with supernatural attempts to forge money or infiltrate their security. During that time they have only ever had 2 break ins, and they have learnt from each time. Every bank worth their salt hires a Gringotts goblin as a consultant to make sure our security is up to snuff. For example our security are equipped with Probity Probes to detect concealment spells or hidden magic items, and we've found it works well on most disguise quirks as well, in addition to state of the art modern security. Additionally, our ties with Gringotts means we usually exchange our currency for Galleons when stored, as supernatural duplication of that currency do not last for very long, and can be detected by Goblins. This has proven somewhat helpful in identifying sudden inflation caused by duplicated money, which has helped prevent a fair few recessions that would have made the Great Depression seem like short change.

*OOC Does anyone know any private security firms in fiction that aren't evil? These are literally the only two I could find, not including Omni Consumer Products from Robo Cop, and they are super evil. Namble doesn't even really do private security, that was a stretch even for me.

Is there anything else about finance you want me to address? Let me know and I will add it to this post to make it easier for threadmarking.

Last edited:
Fusionverse Political Situation- Middle East

Note: First of all, i want to make it clear what I am writing is based on settings I am aware of that is set in, or heavily uses the Middle East. I am not making a statement on the current political situation of, or the history of, the Middle East, nor it's people. I would be very happy to include more diverse settings that showcase the Middle East in a more nuanced manner, if people would like to share them. Consider this a first draft.

From 1987 until 2007, The Caliphate of Arabia existed as a multinational union of Middle Eastern states formed with a purpose to control the Middle East under fundamentalist Islamic rule. It's member states included Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sudan and the final state before it disbanded, Egypt. The Caliphate was ruled by the Caliph, a metahuman infected with the Wild Card Virus named Nur al-Allah whose super powers included mind control via his voice, which he mostly used as an orator to sway crowds. They strongly believed in destroying superhumans who were non-human, such as Jokers or those with Quirks that caused visible mutations to the body, as well as aliens.

In 2007 the Caliph was killed by a metahuman assassin, and the caliphate was tossed into an uproar, not helped by the sudden global recession, which led to the union being disbanded.

In August of that year, inspired by international superhuman teams like the Justice League, and Japan's Hero Organisation, Schlolar and Activist Doctor Ramzi Razem formed a team of 99 superhuman each blessed with super powers from the 'Noor' Gemstones*. He called this team The 99 and they protected all of the Middle East, while highlighting the positive aspects of Allah and Islam in general. While not all of the Middle East have accepted The 99, they are better received than most foreign super groups.

Some nations do have their own metahuman groups, some used for military purposes, such as Desert Sword, Iraq's personal superhuman military team, led by Sirocco. Israel has been known to use superhuman operatives of themselves, for example the superagent known as 'The Zohan' worked for Israeli special forces until he apparently retired to become a hairdresser in the USA. The New Gods in Egypt are a group of metahumans who all have the appearance of Egyptian Gods and are considered divine (even if their powers are scientific).

In regards to magic, some nations heavily restrict it as they consider it haram, while others see it as another form of metahuman powers. However, the ancient art of Outer Plane Summoning came from the Middle East, and the practice of summoning Djinn is used by some holy Imrans to fight evil supernatural forces, similar to how exorcists act. However these are a case by case basis, there is no central organisation for Djinn summoners as there is in the UK.

*Just to be clear, the Gemstones do not come from Allah (well in Islam all things come from Allah, but you know what I mean) but are mystical because sacred texts were put in a river and the gems downstream gained power. So it's more like faith in the books empowered the stones. Look it makes as much sense as a kid turning into a grown man by shouting Shazam because he met a homeless man while on the subway.

Last edited:
So, where would Mount Ebott be located?

I would say somewhere on Asia, if nothing else for Frisk's appearence

Not sure, but this article makes an argument for it being in Iceland. Although the comments for the article say there is a Mount Ebott in Washinton DC. I guess it's wherever we want it to be. Besides Frisk, as a human, could be an immigrant/child of immigrants, so could be anywhere before they fell in.

Hmmm, now that I remember, the Justice Kid had a cowboy hat and a working gun

So, I think Mount Ebott should be somewhere on the Western US

And Frisk, yeah, he/she? (while in the game it's for the player for decide, I think here we should choose one for them) could easily be the kid of Asian inmigrants

As for more Undertale stuff?:

- The Underground is literally underground

- How would Sans's karmic retribution work here?

- After the Monsters leave, I could see plans to make the Underground a possible post-apocalyptic bunker

- Maybe even the CORE is used as a possible solution for energy problmes

I'd say any post-apocalyptic suggestions would have to wait for when the setting has an apocalypse. So for now, Monsters are in the Underground, unless Monsters Inc. has any doors that can lead there. Thoughts on that?

The CORE could be used for geothermal power, but there are already geothermal plants in place, and Tony Stark is distributing Arc Reactors in an attempt to privatize clean energy.

You said the governmen attacking Hogwarts was soon after the battle of Hogwarts, which you also said was 12 years ago. So that means the attack was in 2007 in Fusionverse timeline as opposed to 1998 which is when the battle of Hogwarts was set in the books.

I am not sure if Dr Strange is able to help, being so busy (Is Infinity War happening in the 2010s or has it happened in the past?). Remember the Sanctum in London was destroyed in the Dr Strange movie, so there's not really a British representative to help. He might support the Mystic Force rangers, or worry they can't control their new morphing abilities.

This is true. Alright, so the Battle of Hogwarts is either 21 or 12 years in the past, and the non-Rowling magic users of the world have pitched in to help benefit the situation of all magic users. I'm okay implementing a composite of the comics Infinity War and the movie Infinity War events, but I'm personally not fond of how Endgame handled things, at least for our purposes, so we'll be acting as though that movie happened differently. Thanos did not destroy the Infinity Stones, the remnant Avengers and Captain Marvel killed him and used the stones to bring back the dusted half of the universe's population (as well as other fallen characters like Vision). Objections?

The reversed Decimation happened a year ago (2018), and Dr. Strange is still quite busy with his normal job, though that does involve Cosmic and Dimensional interferences on Earth, and monitoring magic activity. This also means that Strange wasn't a sorcerer when the Battle of Hogwarts happened, or Hogwarts was raised, so he wasn't able to intervene.

Money: What is it good for?

*OOC Does anyone know any private security firms in fiction that aren't evil? These are literally the only two I could find, not including Omni Consumer Products from Robo Cop, and they are super evil. Namble doesn't even really do private security, that was a stretch even for me.

Is there anything else about finance you want me to address? Let me know and I will add it to this post to make it easier for threadmarking.

I like it! Your stories are excellent as always. This covers financial security quite nicely. Unfortunately, I don't know many private security firms. Perhaps this would be a good use of Shadowrun?

Fusionverse Political Situation- Middle East

Great start to what will promise to be one of the more complicated subjects of our setting!

After reviewing available information, somewhere in the United States makes sense.

I'd say any post-apocalyptic suggestions would have to wait for when the setting has an apocalypse. So for now, Monsters are in the Underground, unless Monsters Inc. has any doors that can lead there. Thoughts on that?

The CORE could be used for geothermal power, but there are already geothermal plants in place, and Tony Stark is distributing Arc Reactors in an attempt to privatize clean energy.

Eh, like I said, I think the events of Undertale should occur on 2015, since they already happen on 201X in the game, and Undertale was published on 2015

As for the CORE, I was thinking more along the lines of the use of Magical Electricity.

If nothing else, I could see it as one of the most important energy sources on the US

This is true. Alright, so the Battle of Hogwarts is either 21 or 12 years in the past, and the non-Rowling magic users of the world have pitched in to help benefit the situation of all magic users. I'm okay implementing a composite of the comics Infinity War and the movie Infinity War events, but I'm personally not fond of how Endgame handled things, at least for our purposes, so we'll be acting as though that movie happened differently. Thanos did not destroy the Infinity Stones, the remnant Avengers and Captain Marvel killed him and used the stones to bring back the dusted half of the universe's population (as well as other fallen characters like Vision). Objections?
Eh. I'm not sure if Vision should come back, nor the other characters who were killed (rather than dusted). It kinda undermines the gravity of their loss. I think we should:

1) hold off declerations on what happened in Infinity War until we write it up.
2) See if we can try and make it more epic by trying to include more settings/villains in there.

I mean Infinity War is a game changer, like a Crisis on Infinite Earths or the like. It alters the status quo in some way. We should think about what that means for this setting. Who sacrificed themselves for this war, and not just marvel characters. Maybe this is where Krillin from DBZ had his last stand, or Lex Luthor finally used this as a chance to redeem himself through death. And who benefited from the destruction? Remember this is the Fusionverse so not everyone has the same amount of plot armor they would have otherwise.

Are there other similar events in other settings we can merge together for this?

I like it! Your stories are excellent as always. This covers financial security quite nicely. Unfortunately, I don't know many private security firms. Perhaps this would be a good use of Shadowrun?

"That's when the corporations started making thier own private armies. 'We need it to protect our businesses from the metas!' they cried out. And as metas became more dangerous, so did the armies grow in size. And after years, the corporations decided the best way to protect their businesses was if they ruled the governments." -Fastjack, Shadowrunner and forum moderator in 2070.

Eh. I'm not sure if Vision should come back, nor the other characters who were killed (rather than dusted). It kinda undermines the gravity of their loss. I think we should:

1) hold off declerations on what happened in Infinity War until we write it up.
2) See if we can try and make it more epic by trying to include more settings/villains in there.

I mean Infinity War is a game changer, like a Crisis on Infinite Earths or the like. It alters the status quo in some way. We should think about what that means for this setting. Who sacrificed themselves for this war, and not just marvel characters. Maybe this is where Krillin from DBZ had his last stand, or Lex Luthor finally used this as a chance to redeem himself through death. And who benefited from the destruction? Remember this is the Fusionverse so not everyone has the same amount of plot armor they would have otherwise.

Are there other similar events in other settings we can merge together for this?

"That's when the corporations started making thier own private armies. 'We need it to protect our businesses from the metas!' they cried out. And as metas became more dangerous, so did the armies grow in size. And after years, the corporations decided the best way to protect their businesses was if they ruled the governments." -Fastjack, Shadowrunner and forum moderator in 2070.

Fair enough, we'll hold off until we have a chance to adapt Marvel events to the other continuities. But for the time being, this is still my direction to pursue. Those lost in Infinity War are not to be counted as lost...yet. Black Widow is also still around.

This isn't the Kevin Feige Quest where we're trying to do the MCU better. I could talk about that for eons.

Do you want to set our Infinity event in the 90s like the comics, or in the 2010s like the movie?

I feel like 2010's work best for our purposes, but again I must reiterate that we should handle how the characters emerged in Fusionverse first, and then work on crossovers like Infinity War. For example, would Iron Man, Bruce Banner, or Spider-Man have differences in their origin because of the presence of magical ponies? Or the prevalence of elves and orcs in society?

For the moment, we're going to act like Thor doesn't exist for reasons that should be obvious. Same with Loki. But we can substitute "similar" character placeholders for now, just so things don't change much.

More to the point, would anyone from non-Marvel canon join the Avengers?

Before we ask that, I guess we should think what is the difference between teams like the Avengers and the Justice League? Are one of them part of the hero initiative started in My Hero Academia/One Punch Man/Tiger and Bunny? Wow Japanese anime are really into organised superheroes.

If we know what the difference is between them, we can think which characters would be better suited for which group.

Before we ask that, I guess we should think what is the difference between teams like the Avengers and the Justice League? Are one of them part of the hero initiative started in My Hero Academia/One Punch Man/Tiger and Bunny? Wow Japanese anime are really into organised superheroes.

If we know what the difference is between them, we can think which characters would be better suited for which group.
My opinion is this:

The Justice League is basically the elite Superteam. It has the best of the best, but consequently, it isn't a regularly meeting team. The League basically comes together for two things: Social meet ups, and world ending catastrophes. Basically, the league would only unite for things that would normally be event comics. Anything less wouldn't require them.

The Avengers, by contrast, are a much more tight knit group. They meet regularly, they typically live under the same roof, they're more or less a family. At least, that's how they are in there early days. Overtime, it's possible that they drift apart, or get co-opted for the government and becomes a nationwide group a la the Protectorate from Worm, which has local branches in certain areas

I agree with you about the Justice League. If you are part of the Justice League, it means that you are powerful enough that they will call you when the world is in mortal peril. I can also see them being a social group, dealing diplomatically with nations and races because of their reputation as well as remembering each other's birthdays, but being busy with private projects (like protecting Metropolis for Superman or Gotham for Batman, or even being king of Atlantis for Aquaman). This is the team of heroes who are usually too powerful for a team.

I am not sure if Avengers being a tight knit family syncs up with my general idea of them, although that's kind of based on the image of the MCU of them being a strike force made by SHIELD/Nick Fury to deal with threats as a unit, or the image from the Ultimates of an America focused government group, or even the image of the 50 state initiative where there's almost an Avengers team for every state. Maybe you are right that that's what they were originally when they started out.

If we don't want the Avengers to be a government group, what if we import the Protectorate from Worm or some equivalent government run super organisation? I don't recommend the Seven from The Boys comic (and Amazon Prime show) given they aren't exactly the most sterling example of heroism (putting it mildly), especially when there are so many better options to choose from in this combined setting.

I agree with you about the Justice League. If you are part of the Justice League, it means that you are powerful enough that they will call you when the world is in mortal peril. I can also see them being a social group, dealing diplomatically with nations and races because of their reputation as well as remembering each other's birthdays, but being busy with private projects (like protecting Metropolis for Superman or Gotham for Batman, or even being king of Atlantis for Aquaman). This is the team of heroes who are usually too powerful for a team.

I am not sure if Avengers being a tight knit family syncs up with my general idea of them, although that's kind of based on the image of the MCU of them being a strike force made by SHIELD/Nick Fury to deal with threats as a unit, or the image from the Ultimates of an America focused government group, or even the image of the 50 state initiative where there's almost an Avengers team for every state. Maybe you are right that that's what they were originally when they started out.

If we don't want the Avengers to be a government group, what if we import the Protectorate from Worm or some equivalent government run super organisation? I don't recommend the Seven from The Boys comic (and Amazon Prime show) given they aren't exactly the most sterling example of heroism (putting it mildly), especially when there are so many better options to choose from in this combined setting.
As I said, it's possible that the Avengers drift apart due to interpersonal conflicts, and later iterations of the group are brought under Government authority. That would actually fit in a meta way, as in modern times the Avengers name has been slapped on a variety of different teams.

(sourced from dc.fandom.com)

"The Justice League is an organization comprised of the world's greatest super-heroes. Together, they operate as a team dedicated to fighting crime and injustice, and act as Earth's first line of defense from terrestrial, extra-terrestrial, and inter-dimensional threats... Batman insisted they stay a team to maintain public approval."

(some parts paraphrased from marvel.fandom.com)

The Avengers are similar, being a nonprofit organization privately funded by Tony Stark's Maria Stark Foundation. America's NSC recognizes them as a peacekeeping force, as do the UNSC and SHIELD. The team functions with the peaceful interests of the whole world rather than a specific country or organization. Their initial members banded together when Loki attempted to discredit the monstrous Hulk in order to draw Thor into battle. The other members (Tony Stark, Janet van Dyne, and Hank Pym) received Loki's signal as well and intervened to help Thor defeat Loki. The difference is that the Avengers are an official nonprofit while the Justice League are just a team of vigilantes that become publically recognized by the President. The Avengers are corporate, the Justice League is non-corporate. The MCU group is more like the Justice League in this respect.

I would say they contrast from the Japanese groups (read: anime/manga) in that Japanese groups tend to be an organization constructed to locate and recruit potential heroes, then train them and assign them to tasks. The Western groups like Justice League and Avengers tend to be more informal, a group of people who got together informally and sorted out their practical concerns later. Recruitment being more a matter of befriending other heroes and bringing them in on the cooperative effort.

I would say they contrast from the Japanese groups (read: anime/manga) in that Japanese groups tend to be an organization constructed to locate and recruit potential heroes, then train them and assign them to tasks. The Western groups like Justice League and Avengers tend to be more informal, a group of people who got together informally and sorted out their practical concerns later. Recruitment being more a matter of befriending other heroes and bringing them in on the cooperative effort.
I imagine a big discussion among american superheroes is if there should be a more formal organisation like the Japanese style, or if it should remain informal. That discussion is probably what will develop into the Marvel-style Civil War (or however we do it).

I imagine a big discussion among american superheroes is if there should be a more formal organisation like the Japanese style, or if it should remain informal. That discussion is probably what will develop into the Marvel-style Civil War (or however we do it).
Something worth noting is that My Hero Academia actually takes place in he future

Back