FusionVerse - Combining All The Stories

Legacy Characters, Comics
Are we doing Barry for Flash and Wally for Kid Flash? Wally for Flash, Bart for Kid Flash, and Irey West for Impulse? Something else?

Are we doing pre-Tempest Garth for Aqualad, or Kaldur'ahm instead?

Killer Frost: Crystal Frost, Louise Lincoln, or Caitlin Snow?

Atom: Al Pratt, Ray Palmer, or Ryan Choi?

Blue Beetle: Dan Garrett, Ted Kord, or Jaime Reyes?

Fate: Kent Nelson, Linda and Eric Strauss, Inza Nelson, Jared Stevens, Hector Hall, grand-nephew Kent V. Nelson, or Khalid Nassour?

Superboy: Since we're doing Jon Kent for Superman, should we retain Connor as the new Superboy?

Are we doing Barry for Flash and Wally for Kid Flash? Wally for Flash, Bart for Kid Flash, and Irey West for Impulse? Something else?

Are we doing pre-Tempest Garth for Aqualad, or Kaldur'ahm instead?

Killer Frost: Crystal Frost, Louise Lincoln, or Caitlin Snow?

Atom: Al Pratt, Ray Palmer, or Ryan Choi?

Blue Beetle: Dan Garrett, Ted Kord, or Jaime Reyes?

Fate: Kent Nelson, Linda and Eric Strauss, Inza Nelson, Jared Stevens, Hector Hall, grand-nephew Kent V. Nelson, or Khalid Nassour?

Superboy: Since we're doing Jon Kent for Superman, should we retain Connor as the new Superboy?
With the Flash, Wally definitely needs to succeed Barry at some point

With the Flash, Wally definitely needs to succeed Barry at some point

Oh I agree, but I mean presently. Wally's never going to be the FIRST Flash. I just mean are we setting his place in the canon so that Barry is still active as Flash, and Wally hasn't fully taken the mantle, or are we letting him in as per the Justice League cartoon?

Legacy Characters, Video Games
Link: Are we using Ocarina Link (who is before the split into Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker), or are we using Link's Awakening (pre-LoZ and AoL), or are we using Breath of the Wild? (which I'm placing after Four Swords on the same line)

Nightmare: Does Soul Edge still wield itself, or does someone have it? If so, who, and is it someone from within the Soul series, or an outsider?

Wow, I really thought this list would be longer.

Link: Are we using Ocarina Link (who is before the split into Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker), or are we using Link's Awakening (pre-LoZ and AoL), or are we using Breath of the Wild? (which I'm placing after Four Swords on the same line)
You mean historically? Or do you mean what Link is running around in the 21st century? Cause that should probably be a made-up Modern Link.

Some say the three timelines of Link merged together. Here's a possible theory we could use if we wanted to have all the timelines. Warning, it involves timeline shenanigans, which you may or may not be up for. ;)

You mean historically? Or do you mean what Link is running around in the 21st century? Cause that should probably be a made-up Modern Link.

Some say the three timelines of Link merged together. Here's a possible theory we could use if we wanted to have all the timelines. Warning, it involves timeline shenanigans, which you may or may not be up for. ;)

Good point. We should do a Modern Link. Historically, I feel like all three forks in the timeline blended into Fusionverse in their own way, so Fusionverse has seen all Links at various points in the past. However, I don't think a true Modern Link is necessary. Since Hyrule is coming in through incursion, our OC version of Link can come from a pseudo-medieval world, and have to adapt to the modern world of Fusionverse's Earth. Maybe he came in through Tamriel, or stopped there early in his stay, and it softened the blow a little. But over time, he's had to adapt on his journey to find this world's version of Zelda and Ganon, which don't necessarily have to come from the same timeline he did.

Or alternatively, when Hyrule appeared in the modern day Zelda and/or Ganon were born on Hyrule as normal. However Link was not reincarnated in Hyrule, but instead he (or she, Link has been reincarnated as a girl before) was born in a city like London, Dubai, Toronto or New York. Or maybe his parents immigrated from Hyrule to a modern city for that Penecilin people were craving (say what you will about fantasy settings, very few have vaccines). So he has the calling but has no idea how to do it. Or perhaps Zelda is forced to go looking for Link in the modern world, a reverse of the 'hero needs to look for the princess' trope.

Perhaps Link even joined up with a group of teen heroes/outcasts temporarily, like the Runaways or The Titans or something, with his incredible natural fighting skill he inherited rivaling any of the Robins. That could be a lot of fun. The Modern Link and the Modern Avatar, getting into shenanigans together. Maybe joining Sex Bobombs while helping Scott Pilgrims fight the Evil Exes.

Last edited:
Or alternatively, when Hyrule appeared in the modern day Zelda and/or Ganon were born on Hyrule as normal. However Link was not reincarnated in Hyrule, but instead he (or she, Link has been reincarnated as a girl before) was born in a city like London, Dubai, Toronto or New York. Or maybe his parents immigrated from Hyrule to a modern city for that Penecilin people were craving (say what you will about fantasy settings, very few have vaccines). So he has the calling but has no idea how to do it. Or perhaps Zelda is forced to go looking for Link in the modern world, a reverse of the 'hero needs to look for the princess' trope.

Perhaps Link even joined up with a group of teen heroes/outcasts temporarily, like the Runaways or The Titans or something, with his incredible natural fighting skill he inherited rivaling any of the Robins. That could be a lot of fun. The Modern Link and the Modern Avatar, getting into shenanigans together. Maybe joining Sex Bobombs while helping Scott Pilgrims fight the Evil Exes.

Cool pictures! Yeah, we can go with this, but I'll add that Ganon is also looking for Link. Reason? Zelda and Ganon are both given immeasurable mystical forces of wisdom and power respectively, while Link is given immeasurable resistance to mystical force. So when Zelda and Ganon learn that Link was born to the modern world, and is thus unaccounted for, they use their mystic arts to seek him out. Zelda, having Wisdom, shares in Link's perception and understanding of the modern world, and can communicate with him telepathically to a limited extent, but is mystically prevented from tracking him down with simple ease, so she must go on a quest to find him the hard way. Ganon on the other hand, having Power, can sense that there are greater powers out there that are more of a threat than Link. Powers like Superman, the Infinity Gems, and Doctor Strange. Granted, they are a match for him at the very most, but he is distracted in his pursuit by a mystical compulsion to hunt and destroy these great powers who could oppose him. If he finds Link in the process, so be it and all the better.

An interesting twist could be Ganon has be reborn as a kind of politician, who uses scheming much like Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom to take over Hyrule politically, forcing former Princess Zelda to go on the run, looking for Link to save the kingdom. It also means that Ganon can use political machinations to deal or keep at bay threats to his power, and when that fails he uses his actual magic/strength/Triforce of Power as a secret trump card.

Be funny to see a world with so many evil super powered leaders: Lex Luthor as President of USA (maybe Harry Osborn as VP), Dr Doom for Latveria, Masayoshi Shido as Prime Minister of Japan (Persona 5), Lord Recluse of the Rogue Isles (City of Villains), Lord Business from the Lego Movie, Bowser aka King Koopa (from Super Mario), and Ganondorf as King of Hyrule. All of them plotting to deal with the others in a kind of supervillain cold war. I'm sure there are more examples out there, it just depends which ones we want to use if any: President Evil - TV Tropes

EDIT: I forgot, William Ewert Gladstone from The Bartimaeus Trilogy could be Prime Minister of the UK at this point. Remember that he was responsible for the department that hunted down Rowlings and destroyed Hogwarts back in the 90s, so he could have used that as political goodwill to get elected Prime Minister. "I helped protect you from those Wizards who hid in the shadows! Protect me, and I will bring the UK into the light!"

Him or maybe the Master from Dr Who could work. He was Prime Minister under the name Harold Saxon at one point and dangerously powerful/smart.

Last edited:
An interesting twist could be Ganon has be reborn as a kind of politician, who uses scheming much like Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom to take over Hyrule politically, forcing former Princess Zelda to go on the run, looking for Link to save the kingdom. It also means that Ganon can use political machinations to deal or keep at bay threats to his power, and when that fails he uses his actual magic/strength/Triforce of Power as a secret trump card.

Be funny to see a world with so many evil super powered leaders: Lex Luthor as President of USA (maybe Harry Osborn as VP), Dr Doom for Latveria, Masayoshi Shido as Prime Minister of Japan (Persona 5), Lord Recluse of the Rogue Isles (City of Villains), Lord Business from the Lego Movie, Bowser aka King Koopa (from Super Mario), and Ganondorf as King of Hyrule. All of them plotting to deal with the others in a kind of supervillain cold war. I'm sure there are more examples out there, it just depends which ones we want to use if any: President Evil - TV Tropes

EDIT: I forgot, William Ewert Gladstone from The Bartimaeus Trilogy could be Prime Minister of the UK at this point. Remember that he was responsible for the department that hunted down Rowlings and destroyed Hogwarts back in the 90s, so he could have used that as political goodwill to get elected Prime Minister. "I helped protect you from those Wizards who hid in the shadows! Protect me, and I will bring the UK into the light!"

Him or maybe the Master from Dr Who could work. He was Prime Minister under the name Harold Saxon at one point and dangerously powerful/smart.

I like it. But Lord Business only exists in the Avarice Dimension (a construct of the Orange Light of Avarice), where he set up his base after leaving the Hope Dimension where all Legos come from.

Wasn't his giant floating building in another dimension? That's how I remember the first movie.
I mean calling it another dimension is pushing it. It's just above the city. I thought all Lego stuff happened in the Hope Dimension, good and bad?

Besides Lord Business becomes friends with the rest of the Lego guys at the end of the movie. He didn't leave. Except to play golf for a bit.

I mean calling it another dimension is pushing it. It's just above the city. I thought all Lego stuff happened in the Hope Dimension, good and bad?

Besides Lord Business becomes friends with the rest of the Lego guys at the end of the movie. He didn't leave. Except to play golf for a bit.

I can't find a picture of the dang building, but I distinctly remember there being a void or storm or something below.

Eh, I still don't think it counts as another dimension, given they can get there by boat and spaceship. I would just count all the Lego Worlds as different parts of The Hope Dimension.

First Draft of Concept, part 10
Fair enough. Here's another segment of my work thus far.

Fortunately for a world plagued by so many horrors, there are also people of great heroism and power who stand up against mankind's oppressors. There are alien allies, such as the Kree Mar-Vell and the Kryptonian who calls himself Superman. There are Meta-X Quirk users like Flash (whose gene helped him connect to the Speed Force), Spider-Man (whose gene, and his traumatic contact with a spider in a lab, connected him to the Spider Spirit), Bruce Banner (whose gene allowed him to survive a Gamma Bomb by turning into the Hulk), and many others. There are great technological giants like Bruce Wayne (the Bat-Man) and Tony Stark (the Invincible Iron Man), and literal tech giants like Victor Creed (the Cyborg). There are seven color-coded Lantern Corps roaming the galaxy, and people like Animal Man, Swamp-Thing, Aquaman, and Solomon Grundy, who are connected to the Red, the Green, the Clear, and the Grey respectively -- cosmic powers all tied into the galactic Living Force, which is itself mastered by the Jedi Order. And of course, there is Magic and those who study it.

Many time-honored traditions have built up around the genesis of Magic, be they the Martial Artists who master their Ki, the Espers who develop PSI powers, or various spirit guardians like the Shinigami (who use Reiatsu), Hunters (who use Aura), Shinobi (who use Chakra), and those who Bend the four elements with spiritual martial arts. All such people test their skills at fighting Tournaments alongside normal humans, aliens, androids, and dimensional beings, to vie for supremacy among Earth's protectors and dominators. But the practice of Magic is more solitary and esoteric. It is special, and competitions of that nature are looked down upon by its older masters. There are three primary methods of its execution, but it is better known for its results, as it has been described by the terms White Magic (that which is meant to help or heal someone), Black Magic (that which is meant to waylay or harm), and Chaos Magic (which stands opposed by both). Regardless of which one a mage practices, these results can be attained by Mantle, by Sympathy, or by Iconics. The Mantle channels magic into the user, changes them, or by doing so changes someone or something else. The only rules that apply are one's power and one's control over that power. Sympathy works through signs and symbols, imitation and correspondence, but does not require exact measures and methods to function. Iconics is the opposite, as far removed from personal Mantles as one can get, as it involves appealing to abstracts and ideals through exact words, gestures, ingredients, and other such ritual components. But the magical arts also differ in their use of power sources, including: Ki (life force), PSI (mental power), Reiatsu or Aura (spiritual energies made from an infusion of Ki and PSI, Cosmic energies, and the powers bought or stolen from other Dimensions.

Technically the correct term for Spider-man's spirt is Spider Totem but the rest seems cool.

Also are you basically saying Jedi are stronger than all the other sources, given the Force encapsulates all their respective cosmic power sources?

Technically the correct term for Spider-man's spirt is Spider Totem but the rest seems cool.

Also are you basically saying Jedi are stronger than all the other sources, given the Force encapsulates all their respective cosmic power sources?

The Force encapsulates other sources relating to organic life, such as the Red and the Green. It does not encapsulate the Black or the Molten, to name a couple, and its relationship to things like the Phoenix Force is dubious at best. Strength is also more than just breadth. You can be connected to the life force of all beings in the Universe, but that doesn't mean you can control the life force of TWO beings in the universe. Whereas someone could be connected to a mystical artifact belonging to a demon god (cough, Juggernaut) and be in complete control of their unstoppable power. It's hard for any one being to exhibit true mastery of such a broad and powerful force. Emperor Palpatine and Luke Skywalker are the best contenders in Star Wars canon for somebody that has the level of power you're talking about. And while I'm unclear on the strength of Animal Man, I know Swamp Thing is really F-ing strong with just access to the Green.

First Draft of Concept, part 11
There was once a time when the ruling class of many nations had exclusive access to magic, as their daughters showed great promise in its use. These Princesses had to be taught to control their powers, and use them right. The people looked upon their Princesses with awe and respect. That all ended with Merlin. You see, humans once upon a time had no access to magic at all. It was the domain of elves, fairies, dragons, and beings from other worlds. It was the gift of such beings smiling on the birth of young girls that brought magic into the royal court, and the retribution of magic users like Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Madam Mim, and Morgan Le Fay that made the ruling class restrict magic in their kingdoms. Then Merlin was born, to a human father and a magical mother. He grew old, learning to master Magic in all its applications. He was loyal to King Uther of Camelot, but his liege did not respect him. Nay, he would have Merlin killed, but he was persuaded by his favorite, adopted daughter Morgana to exile him instead. Merlin took the King's son, Arthur Pendragon, under his wing, and used magic to teach him many valuable lessons about being a man, being a king.

Since that time, he helped magical communities all across the world start teaching young people in secret, people who had inborn potential as Wizards and Witches. Part of this was to prevent their magical talents from going wild and causing great harm, but mostly, he wanted to provide watchcare as he did for Arthur, to all governments. Uther did not appreciate magic, and Arthur would grow to forget the importance Merlin had in his formative years, so Merlin decided this watchcare would be done from the shadows. This development would make Merlin beloved in the Wizarding world, but seen as a betrayer by the larger Magical world. Especially since Wizards would use their talents to subjugate various magical creatures, or slay them outright, proving to be little better than their mundane counterparts ("Muggles" as they came to be called). But that was not the extent of Merlin's failure. You see, our Earth is one of countless Incursions: dimensional breaches that allow one world to bleed over into another, perhaps for moments, or perhaps for a thousand years or more. After the Wizarding World had been established, it had an incursion into a land called Amestris. The Wizards who went there were studied, and their arts were combined with the High Science of the realm to create a whole new beast: Alchemy.

That semi-magical discipline has made it back to our Earth when Amestris had its turn at an incursion. Many millions of lives have been lost over the years to greedy alchemists attempting to create Philosopher's Stones. But it also allowed a mad scientist to blend Alchemy with his study of Chakra fruits, and create what he described as "the next best thing," that being Devil Fruits. They would give one who ate them great supernatural powers, at the cost of their ability to swim. Those who eat Devil Fruits have a permanent weakness to water, it paralyzing them and making them unable to save themselves from drowning. The legacy of Magical princesses was succeeded not by the Wizarding world, but by a legacy most well-known in Japan: the Mahou Shoujo, or Magical Girls. These young women would be chosen by the supernatural forces who felt betrayed by Merlin, to not only protect their community, but protect magic from those who would misuse it. One among them stands alone. She would be called the Slayer, the Savior, or the Chosen One, in varying tales. They appear in each generation to stand against malevolent forces trying to overturn our world.

Among the animal community, there would be a great division. Ponies, or Earth Ponies as they would come to be called, would see two Magical variants form among them. The Unicorns, whose bright light and quest for knowledge and control was inspired by Princess Celestia, and the Pegasi, whose high-flying spirit and yearning for freedom were inspired by Princess Luna. There were many such divisions in the Magical world, but this would be the most prominent. For it was a band of six diverse Ponies who would bring the Elements of Harmony back into public view, serving as Magical Girls to an animal community that did not have them before. They defeated such powers as Nightmare Moon, Lord Sombra, Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings, Tirek the Magic Eater, and King Sombra.

Ok first thing first, Merlin was not the son of a normal man. He was the son of Satan (Replace with whatever demon/devil works as your big bad). If he hadn't devoted himself to good, he was destined to be the Anti-christ. Unless you are using a specific version of him, rather than the mythological one?
Uther did not appreciate magic, and Arthur would grow to forget the importance Merlin had in his formative years, so Merlin decided this watchcare would be done from the shadows. This development would make Merlin beloved in the Wizarding world, but seen as a betrayer by the larger Magical world. Especially since Wizards would use their talents to subjugate various magical creatures, or slay them outright, proving to be little better than their mundane counterparts ("Muggles" as they came to be called). But that was not the extent of Merlin's failure.
Ok wait I'm confused. Where is this 'subjucate' magical creatures coming from? Is this a Harry Potter thing, or from some other setting? The only setting I know where magical casters kill various magical creatures is Dragon Prince, but you told us not to use them? Also mind controlling anyone (muggles or otherwise) is forbidden-that's why it's a Forbidden Curse, as well as restricted by the Laws of the White council (Dresden Files).
You see, our Earth is one of countless Incursions: dimensional breaches that allow one world to bleed over into another, perhaps for moments, or perhaps for a thousand years or more. After the Wizarding World had been established, it had an incursion into a land called Amestris. The Wizards who went there were studied, and their arts were combined with the High Science of the realm to create a whole new beast: Alchemy.

That semi-magical discipline has made it back to our Earth when Amestris had its turn at an incursion.
Alchemy is not magical. It doesn't require any magical ability to use. It's a science that taps into leylines (artificial or otherwise) so I don't like it being the creation of wizards. I also don't like the idea it came from an Incursion, or that incursions seem to be our knee jerk response to weird settings. Couldn't we say it developed in what is modern day Germany, as a response to Wizards/supernatural threats? We could keep the whole 'made by two brothers ;) ' thing, but said one went to Ancient China and the other went to Ancient Germany to spread their versions of Alchemy?

These young women would be chosen by the supernatural forces who felt betrayed by Merlin, to not only protect their community, but protect magic from those who would misuse it. One among them stands alone. She would be called the Slayer, the Savior, or the Chosen One, in varying tales. They appear in each generation to stand against malevolent forces trying to overturn our world.
I like how you made Buffy a magical girl. Very cool.

I also want to add something, that Merlin might have made other champions, either for humanity or for other races who did not reject him. For example, The Troll Hunter, who was made by Merlin to defend both Troll-kind and also humans from Trolls. That's the only one that comes to mind though. I don't know what else, but I'm sure there are other examples in fiction of left over Merlin artifacts that made heroes...or villains?

Ok first thing first, Merlin was not the son of a normal man. He was the son of Satan (Replace with whatever demon/devil works as your big bad). If he hadn't devoted himself to good, he was destined to be the Anti-christ. Unless you are using a specific version of him, rather than the mythological one?

Ok wait I'm confused. Where is this 'subjucate' magical creatures coming from? Is this a Harry Potter thing, or from some other setting? The only setting I know where magical casters kill various magical creatures is Dragon Prince, but you told us not to use them? Also mind controlling anyone (muggles or otherwise) is forbidden-that's why it's a Forbidden Curse, as well as restricted by the Laws of the White council (Dresden Files).

Alchemy is not magical. It doesn't require any magical ability to use. It's a science that taps into leylines (artificial or otherwise) so I don't like it being the creation of wizards. I also don't like the idea it came from an Incursion, or that incursions seem to be our knee jerk response to weird settings. Couldn't we say it developed in what is modern day Germany, as a response to Wizards/supernatural threats? We could keep the whole 'made by two brothers ;) ' thing, but said one went to Ancient China and the other went to Ancient Germany to spread their versions of Alchemy?

I like how you made Buffy a magical girl. Very cool.

I also want to add something, that Merlin might have made other champions, either for humanity or for other races who did not reject him. For example, The Troll Hunter, who was made by Merlin to defend both Troll-kind and also humans from Trolls. That's the only one that comes to mind though. I don't know what else, but I'm sure there are other examples in fiction of left over Merlin artifacts that made heroes...or villains?

For Merlin, I'm switching things up and having his father be normal, while his mother is a supernatural being. Removing all Christianized elements for reasons that should be obvious, such as Satan and the Anti-Christ.

Magical creatures in Harry Potter often encounter trouble for being what they are. Half-giants are regarded poorly, pixies are caged up and released in class to be shot at with spells, house elves are enslaved, and so on. There are other settings where such fantastical beings are treated as monsters and hunted or killed. Dungeons and Dragons is a prominent example.

With Alchemy, I appear to have made up some quote about alchemy being equal parts "Art, Science, and Magic" as I can't find it anywhere. So we can ignore that part. However, you are misunderstanding my design. It is not the creation of wizards. When the wizards went to Amestris as part of an incursion, the scientists there studied how magic spells function and adapted their High Science to produce similar results. Basically, they scienced the hell of out it and came up with better science, instead of learning magic the normal way. Amestris is not something I want to adapt into modern Germany. The layout of their world is very different than ours, and countries like Amestris, Drachma, and Xing are only stylistically comparable to Germany, Greece, and China. They are not supposed to be those countries under different names.

You also seem to misunderstand my use of incursions. The setting of our story is Earth. The Earth that has America, Britain, Germany, China, and so on. Fictional countries like Wakanda can be added, but the only settings that will be merged with the core world completely are different versions of Earth, worlds that were Earth before, or worlds that will become Earth later. Worlds like Alagaesia, Tamriel, and the world Amestris occupies are not Earth and will be treated as separate. We can make them separate planets in the same universe, if you like, but only if their cosmology makes sense. Tamriel does not fit in this universe AT ALL, as Manu pointed out, so it will have to interface with this universe via incursions. Amestris could be more reasonably connected to this universe as a separate planet, but it is not established that Earth exists somewhere in the FMA universe. So how do you want to play that?

Champions of Merlin are fine. We can add those in.

I just don't understand why you are going to the effort of having Amestris, which is very much a country like you'd find on Earth in the past, be an incursion. We can just change the history of Earth countries to better reflect the creation of Alchemy and the plot of Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, Xing is not really developed in the anime except as 'a China/Asian esc nation' with it's own version of Alchemy. In fact Xing was a vassal state in China, so it definitely could have existed. It also works nicely with your chakra-devil fruit alchemy thing, because many historical pirates were Chinese, like Zheng Qi, and so could have taken their version of Alchemy to create these fruits for One Piece.

We can just remove the term Amestris, or say that was just what Germany used to be called (or maybe one of the various kingdoms of Germania that existed before it united into the nation of Germany was called that). Having Alchemy come from Germany gives the country something unique to offer the Fusionverse setting, rather than just 'various Nazi super villains and the Boys from Brazil'.

I just don't understand why you are going to the effort of having Amestris, which is very much a country like you'd find on Earth in the past, be an incursion. We can just change the history of Earth countries to better reflect the creation of Alchemy and the plot of Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, Xing is not really developed in the anime except as 'a China/Asian esc nation' with it's own version of Alchemy. In fact Xing was a vassal state in China, so it definitely could have existed. It also works nicely with your chakra-devil fruit alchemy thing, because many historical pirates were Chinese, like Zheng Qi, and so could have taken their version of Alchemy to create these fruits for One Piece.

We can just remove the term Amestris, or say that was just what Germany used to be called (or maybe one of the various kingdoms of Germania that existed before it united into the nation of Germany was called that). Having Alchemy come from Germany gives the country something unique to offer the Fusionverse setting, rather than just 'various Nazi super villains and the Boys from Brazil'.

Getting kicked out of the library, so can't fully respond right now, but I'll do a write-up today about why I object to this, and I'll post it when I get the chance. Thank you for continuing to participate.

Including Amestris in the original nations of Earth would be very complex, since they were such a dominant imperial power in their world. It would throw off the balance of whatever continent we put them on. What I do with incursions is say "They merge as if they had always been there." Basically, nothing different would happen on Earth as a result, as if the country had been there but was never discovered. Consider Tamriel. Whatever happened within Tamriel stays the same, and whatever Tamriel would do to the surrounding realms (Yokuda, Atmora, Akavir, etc.), would be considered Tamriel's exploration into another dimension, as far as Earth is concerned. In Earth's new history, no one would have found Tamriel and Tamriel would not have found anyone else. Perhaps because of natural boundaries or forbidding weather, or some magical interference.

Having Amestris ALWAYS be on Earth, the normal way, means there would be countries invading Amestris, and Amestris invading other countries. Now, to figure out Alchemy, let's look into how real Alchemy began. Called "al-kimiya" in Arabic, its name drew roots from the Late Greek khemeia (fuse or cast a metal) and the divine Arabic article al- (The). Those trace back to the Egyptian name keme (meaning black earth). One can distinguish the history of alchemy in at least three major strands: Chinese alchemy (Tao Chiao), Indian alchemy (Rasayana), and Western alchemy which started in Greco-Roman Egypt, shifted to the Islamic world, and finally appeared in medieval Europe. While Tao Chiao is heavily rooted in Taoist religion, and Rasayana in the Dharmic faiths, the western component reaches back to hermetic philosophy, ancient metallurgy, divine dogma (akousmatikoi), divine study (mathematikoi), Platonic ideals, logical ethics founded in accepting the moment, and Gnostic belief that the world is an emanation of a lower god, trapping the divine spark within the human body (which can be liberated by spiritual knowledge acquired through direct experience).

What if we go the direction of K'un-Lun, and have Amestris and the world it inhabits being a "celestial realm" that is technically part of Earth and its universe, but only converges with it at fixed intervals? Sort of like a faery world; Amestris IS part of Earth, but it isn't always connected directly. But while K'un-Lun connects to Earth in the East, Amestris connects to Earth in the Fertile Crescent, around the same places as Iran and Iraq. Alchemy was first developed at a time when Amestris was connected and open, the age of Proto-Indo European culture. That culture spread out across the world to form Western civilization, India, and China. When it did, it brought the prototypical form of Alchemy with it. This prototypical form would also provide the roots for human use of Magic to develop, but Magic and Alchemy are not the same thing.

Back