Dungeons and Dragons Megathread

Violation of Rule Four
anyone should be accused of being so easily offended it's you.
You'd be forced to cite a place where I claimed to be offended, which you will be unable to do, because there is no such place.

Look, when someone is in the middle of calling you on your previous inaccurate statements, it does not behoove you to try to make the argument personal -- especially not if your attacks are equally inaccurate as your previous statements.

Maybe you get away with your style of edition-warring elsewhere, but we've got slightly higher standards of discussion over here.

All I did was make a joke and clarify that joke
Have you tried adding some funny?

That usually improves the reception of a joke significantly.

Also, next time remove the edition-warring, that does not improve the reception of your "joke".

Good luck out there, comedian.

Honestly? RP reasons. I like playing very social characters. I'm not planning on focusing too heavily on the wisdom skills either.

The main thing I'm worried about is the will-saves, hence the plus-will to compensate.

Thank you, I didn't realize that :)

This one is actually tied to following a Halfling god, Chaldira Zuzaristan (one of the things the srd won't well you).

Roving Range does strike me as a good possibility.

Oooh, that's a good one too. With that and tattoo, I'd have a not completely horrible will save.

It's first ability has the phrase 'this ability replaces fast moment,' which is an instant-out for Klassalka, she needs that move. But good thinking. The Savage Technologist's str/dex at full rather than one at full or two at half has some advantages too, even if not quite as flexible.
In regards to charisma, you could also go for the rage power that unleashes the ghosts of your ancestors, which is if I remember it right based on Charisma ~

You'd be forced to cite a place where I claimed to be offended, which you will be unable to do, because there is no such place.

Look, when someone is in the middle of calling you on your previous inaccurate statements, it does not behoove you to try to make the argument personal -- especially not if your attacks are equally inaccurate as your previous statements.

Maybe you get away with your style of edition-warring elsewhere, but we've got slightly higher standards of discussion over here.

Have you tried adding some funny?

That usually improves the reception of a joke significantly.

Also, next time remove the edition-warring, that does not improve the reception of your "joke".

Good luck out there, comedian.

Honestly, dude, you did seem like the first person to be 'offended', and you're making this WAY MORE personal by piling on multiple passive-aggressive insults. How about you stop before I contact a mod?

In regards to charisma, you could also go for the rage power that unleashes the ghosts of your ancestors, which is if I remember it right based on Charisma ~

Lesser Spirit totem? Yea, that's a strong possibility. Especially as the next power up is the "gives 20% miss against all attacks by non-adjacent enemies," one.

Look, your attitude is apparent to anyone reading it.

Which statement was inaccurate? That 4E was met with so much resistance from the community that the majority of D&D either went back to 3.X or 2E or started buying Pathfinder when that alternative became available? It's why Pathfinder had been ICv2's top RPG since 2011, held a strong #2 position prior, and was only eclipsed when 5E came out.

Given that you're the one who immediately launched into a series of passive aggressive attacks to what was essentially a simplification of a sales analysis and the obvious reason for them.

The fervor with which you launch into your own attacks implies you're more interested in fighting an "edition-war" than I am, I've only been talking about market trends and the impetus for them.

Look, you like 4E, that's fine, I honestly don't care if you do, but to the vast majority of D&D players it wasn't enough to capture the feel of D&D by creating a wildly disparate rule set and often making drastic changes to many beloved settings. 4E is a good, simple system, it's invaluable to me to teaching the basics of P&P roleplaying, but the rules being good on their own did not stop it from being divisive for the hobby and did cause damage to the brand.

Last edited:
Much lolz was had in my group as the skald chose it, and so gave it to everyone.

"Oh, you have bows, guns, or ranged touch spells? That's nice."

It's one of the best Totems, since a lot of them have a first step which is just 'gain a natural attack.' Only Spirit, the alignment ones (if you're likely to be dealing with those a lot), and World Serpent seem competitive with the other options.

Last edited:
Everybody calm down, I have DnD tales!

So, yesterday I played Secrets of Sokol Keep. It's one of the Adventurer's League adventures. A bit on the slow side at the beginning (Lots of investigative leadup to the dungeon), but fun. The specifics are important. What is important is that I had a shitload of fun playing....

GEOFFREY DE CHARNY: (SOON TO BE) THE GREATEST KNIGHT IN THE WORLD

Geoffrey is a Dragonblooded Paladin with 8 int and no proficiency in any of the Paladin related knowledge skills. He instead has spectacular physical strength, significant personal charisma, quite a bit of military experience, and a pointed obsession with chivalry. More specifically the bits of chivalry about how to properly duel people and take their stuff.

On his first adventure he:
  • Nearly murdered a captain of the watch for propositioning my party's wizard
  • Browbeat a ferryman so that he'd stop looking over our writ of passage (Geoffrey did not know that the writ was forged, he just thought that the ferryman was being obstinate)
  • Pointedly ignored or purposefully misinterpreted the wizards any time they started talking about magic stuff
  • Interrogated a steward under the incorrect assumption that his lord had just committed treason
  • Jumped down a pit of unknown depth screaming "DEUS VULT" while the rest of the part was preparing ropes for the descent (It was 15 feet deep)
  • Killed close to a dozen undead
  • Smashed an idol to a dark god to pieces while the wizardly types were debating how to disenchant it
  • Sold the pieces of aforementioned idol to sell for cash
  • Introduced himself to a bunch of people we rescued by going "I am Geoffrey De Charny, future greatest knight in the world. We have just killed every other living thing in this complex. Do you require rescue?"
  • Arrested one of the people he just rescued for murder
  • Used the power vacuum created by aforementioned murder to gain a knightly title (And theoretically Sokol Keep but I'm letting the Steward manage that).

(This was a oneshot, if he becomes part of a proper campaign I am probably going to buy De Charny's Book of Chivalry and reference it heavily.)

In other news, I am trying to create a student of Fiore as a 5e character. Currently thinking Variant Human Battlemaster Fighter. Strength focused, Grappling Feat (Possibly at first level, possibly later). Not sure what fighting style to use and what other feats to pick up.

Warning: Warning
warning @earthboy - in the future, please do not conduct disruptive arguments with a doppleganger of your opponent's arguments. He has been given a 25 point infraction and this argument is to cease it's current hostile tone. Please endeavour not to post like this.

@AuraTwilight - whilst we appreciate users managing to chill out and avoid disruptive behaviour on their own, we don't appreciate being used as a threat. In the future, if you think something is worth reporting please do so instead of saying you might do so. That is infractionable conduct under the community compact.

Last edited:
Everybody calm down, I have DnD tales!

So, yesterday I played Secrets of Sokol Keep. It's one of the Adventurer's League adventures. A bit on the slow side at the beginning (Lots of investigative leadup to the dungeon), but fun. The specifics are important. What is important is that I had a shitload of fun playing....

GEOFFREY DE CHARNY: (SOON TO BE) THE GREATEST KNIGHT IN THE WORLD

Geoffrey is a Dragonblooded Paladin with 8 int and no proficiency in any of the Paladin related knowledge skills. He instead has spectacular physical strength, significant personal charisma, quite a bit of military experience, and a pointed obsession with chivalry. More specifically the bits of chivalry about how to properly duel people and take their stuff.

On his first adventure he:
  • Nearly murdered a captain of the watch for propositioning my party's wizard
  • Browbeat a ferryman so that he'd stop looking over our writ of passage (Geoffrey did not know that the writ was forged, he just thought that the ferryman was being obstinate)
  • Pointedly ignored or purposefully misinterpreted the wizards any time they started talking about magic stuff
  • Interrogated a steward under the incorrect assumption that his lord had just committed treason
  • Jumped down a pit of unknown depth screaming "DEUS VULT" while the rest of the part was preparing ropes for the descent (It was 15 feet deep)
  • Killed close to a dozen undead
  • Smashed an idol to a dark god to pieces while the wizardly types were debating how to disenchant it
  • Sold the pieces of aforementioned idol to sell for cash
  • Introduced himself to a bunch of people we rescued by going "I am Geoffrey De Charny, future greatest knight in the world. We have just killed every other living thing in this complex. Do you require rescue?"
  • Arrested one of the people he just rescued for murder
  • Used the power vacuum created by aforementioned murder to gain a knightly title (And theoretically Sokol Keep but I'm letting the Steward manage that).

(This was a oneshot, if he becomes part of a proper campaign I am probably going to buy De Charny's Book of Chivalry and reference it heavily.)

In other news, I am trying to create a student of Fiore as a 5e character. Currently thinking Variant Human Battlemaster Fighter. Strength focused, Grappling Feat (Possibly at first level, possibly later). Not sure what fighting style to use and what other feats to pick up.
Utterly glorious.

Fun fact:a sidebar in the 5e Monster Manual says that npc wizards can have any tiny creature as a familiar. Your necromancer could have a crawling claw that his strongest minion wears. Or maybe he's advised by a demilich. Or he has a flameskull for artilklery support.
If you're feeling mean or you want to lead into mind flayers, give the villain an intellect devourer as a familiar (make sure someone in the party can make int saves though).
If an imp or a quasit doesn't fit the warlock you made just grab a slaad tadpole!

Other notable options are homunculi and faerie dragons.

S
  • The Madman, a monk archetype that makes good use of every stat! Add Str to your fort saves, Int to your reflex and Cha to your will! Add your Int to your attack rolls and your Cha to damage rolls! Add a second ability modifier to every skill! And instead of boring wisdom, your saves now scale off your two lowest ability scores!
For the layperson, this is a take that at the infamous Sir Giacomo.

Forgot to point that out because it took me a day to realizes the Multiple Attribute Dependency joke.

Also, DSP has some other excellent humor with even more Take That! here.

Looking through the book in the store, it has-

Magic Girl.

Captain America.

Batman.

Hulk.

Shapeshifter.

And maybe more.

I may be alone in this, but I for one hate this. Half of my fun in 3.x games is figuring out how to make the character I want using available effects. Not having that character made into an archetype usually emphasizing something other than what i want and being old "oh, you like X? play X archetype"

ACFs/Racial Sub levels > Archetypes as a concept, because they were multiclass friendly and didn't pigeonhole you. (Granted the execution as often lacking.)

Honestly I admittedly only saw the playtest, but from what I saw the Vigilante isn't very good anyway.

Like, you can never ever use it for an NPC because as soon as a player figures out they used a Vigilante class feature, that particular plot is entirely ruined by game mechanics. Not to mention it falls into all the worst pitfalls of what 3.X considers social combat.

I may be alone in this, but I for one hate this. Half of my fun in 3.x games is figuring out how to make the character I want using available effects. Not having that character made into an archetype usually emphasizing something other than what i want and being old "oh, you like X? play X archetype"

I will note that doing Batman and Captain America doesn't involve archetypes. It's just different ability selections.

Heck, 'always have Batarangs' and 'Captain American's Shield Throw' are the same ability used with different weapons.

The vigilante has a lot of choices before getting into archetypes. It's fairly definitely the class for playing superheroes (and other vigilantes like Zorro), but it's got some wiggle room in there.

The archetypes are for the more radical ones, like magic girl- which is I think a bit *too* flavored for magic girl, but 'vigilante with magic and familiar' is pretty much what it says mechanically, so one doesn't have to go with that theme.

Hulk and Shapeshifter are vigilante and alchemist archetypes respectively.

*Edit* Hulk also makes a great Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde.

Honestly I admittedly only saw the playtest, but from what I saw the Vigilante isn't very good anyway.

Like, you can never ever use it for an NPC because as soon as a player figures out they used a Vigilante class feature, that particular plot is entirely ruined by game mechanics. Not to mention it falls into all the worst pitfalls of what 3.X considers social combat.

That, is a fair point.

Last edited:

Well, you can be right on the NPC-problem, though I'd point out that the Vigilante has very few class features that are dead giveaways.
Their strongest clearly unique class features are, after all, something that makes you flat-footed/frightened/stunned at the start of combat. That's something that could originate from a bunch of other effects too.

But sure, maybe it's not a class you'd like to use as an NPC.
But that doesn't have to mean it's not a good class.

Now, I'd define a "good class" as a class that
- can do something unique to it, or do something in a unique way, or is especially good at doing something
- is capable of contributing meaningfully to the group (at least T4, ideally T3).
- to me, whether I'd recommend the class to someone who doesn't want to play the stereotype of said class
And that's true of the Vigilante.

Now, at first we have the whole social/second identity mechanic. Which can actually be penetrated via disguise-mechanics, the Vigilante just gets huge bonus on that check - but it's not unbreakable.
That, together with some of the abilities from social talents, is unique.

Is it useful? Yes, definitely, in the right sort of campaign it is. But even then we wouldn't want to build a class purely on social mechanics. How about the combat-stuff?
Well, there the Vigilante actually has the Fighter almost beat at his own game. The Avenger specifically is a full-BAB class (albeit with a lower hit dice) that gets a feat-equivalent (that can outright be a combat feat) every two levels.
But the Vigilante also gets a very large bonus on everything Intimidation-related (hello, Dazzling-Display builds and possibly Shatter Defenses). Which can go absolutely nuts at 11th level and beyond, at least against enemies that aren't immune to Indimidation.
And the Vigilante-talents hide some very good options, a lot of them are actually just "feat plus some extra".

So at the very least, a Vigilante is capable of being a good mundane combatant who also brings social- and skill-stuff to the table.

But can it do stuff outside of it's stereotype?
Yes. Or at least, it's stereotype is very broad.
The whole combat-style can just be anything, from archers over two-weapon fighting to combat maneuvers or just plain two-handing.
Intimidating enemies isn't anything special, it fits lots of kinds of characters.
And even the second-identity aspect can easily just be "he's just that good at disguising" or "she's a wild party animal when in town, you wouldn't recognize her" or something like that.

/rant end
Admittedly I probably mostly like the Vigilante because it gave me a whole set of new things to play with, and because it's a decent class that I can optimize to my hearts content without breaking the game.

Talking rage powers, it seems like I've got a number of good options-

Auspicious Mark lets me add 1d6 to a roll after the fact, after the fact (at the cost of two rage rounds, of which I got plenty and will only get more), and helps both melee and range.

Superstitious/Witch Hunter/Spell Sunder gives me, first, +2 save vs spells , supernatural abilities, and spell like abilities (increasing a little with level, at the cost of having to save against friendly spells while raging), then a small + on damage to those with spells/spell like abilities, then finally I can break spells by hitting them. Looking at tier threads, I've heard some suggests this brings barbarian up to maybe a low tier 3. It can't counterspell instant spells, but breaking continuing spells with my gun or sword (or cestus punch!) does sound pretty useful.

There's lesser elemental rage/elemental rage, which I can only start getting at level 4, but at lesser I can once-per-rage add 1d6 elemental damage to melee (from any of four elements, my choice each time) for a turn, and with the next step add that with *every* melee attack while I'm raging, which is a pretty nice, though of course is melee only so it'd only be my melee end.

Second longer route, spirit totem. Lesser totem is fairly minor, an additional 1d4+cha negative damage against adjacent foes each round, but full spirit totem is the 20% miss vs ranged ability.

And finally there's some other nice stand-alone ones like 'unexpected strike,' at level 8, which lets me get a one-per-rage AoO on... anyone who enters my threat range, even if they aren't doing anything to provoke an AoO. Clear Mind at 8 is a simple 'reroll will,' which has clear if boring uses. There's 'surprise accuracy' for a basic accuracy buffer. and of course Savage Dirty Trick at level 6, which lets me do not just dirty tricks, but potentially dual-status-effect dirty tricks, once per rage *per foe*. The only minus is I'm not going to be taking any dirty trick feats (combat expertise prereq? Not worth it).

So, my peeps, what rage powers do you recommend/what order? Auspicious Mark seems like a pretty generally useful one due to the after-the-roll-ness of it, though getting the extra damage of elemental early is nice, and so would the superstition path.

Last edited:
Don't take Spirit Totem.
It's really really good if used by a Skald. That's because Skald has a high charisma, and applies it to an entire group. That way, it actually amounts to noticeable damage.
But since the Spirits don't benefit from any effect that enhances damage for you - no power attack, weapon enchantments, anything - it'll just remain 1D4+2 damage. FOREVER! (well, 1D6+2 eventually).

Superstition is a staple for a reason.
It's +2 to saves at 2nd level. It goes up to +3 at 4th level, +4 at 8th level...it ends up being +6 to all saves (except against poison, traps and such). That's basically +50% to your base saves, and still easily +25% to your overall save after items and ability scores.
Sure, you have to save against friendly spells. That sucks, right?
Only if you're not well-coordinated with the party. If your party does any pre-combat buffing, spells will work just fine on you. There's a bunch of beneficial spells that don't have saving throws at all (not even harmless ones), so those work just fine on you. Once you can rage-cycle, you can simply drop out of the rage for one round if your allies want to buff you. And when you go down and need healing, your rage will end automatically anyway, so healing spells (which are either emergency- or after-combat cast) work just fine on you.
Extra-nifty trick if an ally wants to buff you: have them ready an action to cast the standard-action spell with "when my friend ends their rage". On your turn, you end your rage as a free action. This triggers your allies spell, and you don't have to make a save. Your turn is still going on, so you just start your rage up again. Cheesy? Maybe. Effective with teamwork? Certainly.

It also opens up really good rage powers.
Witch Hunter isn't "a small bonus to damage". It's as much damage as a Fighter gains from Weapon Training, with the same scaling. And eventually, everything you'll be fighting will qualify for that damage bonus on account of having some spell-like ability (well, except some NPCs, but certainly all monsters).

Spell Sunder is nice as well. Granted, without Improved Sunder you'll provoke attacks of opportunity. But it being a Sunder combat maneuver, you can use it in place of melee attacks, so it doesn't prevent you from doing damage. Plus, it's pretty nice to have outside of combat since you can negate magical effects that way (even if only temporarily) without a spellcaster having to cast dispel magic.

But IMO it's Eater of Magic that is the real gem here. Granted, it only comes online at 10th level. But effectively (with rage cycling), you can re-roll any saving throw (including against supernatural effects, though still not against traps or poison). That's huge. Together with Superstition, you'll be pretty safe from spells at that point.

Auspicious Mark is nice, but it'd be better if you could use it on skills (you can, but your rage precludes you from using most relevant skills). Plus it eats up a lot of rage rounds rather quickly if you start rage cycling for it.

Only take Lesser Elemental Rage if you go for Rage Cycling. However, it's only 1D6 damage so you can put this off until quite a bit later. Also, only ever take it if you don't have another use for your swift actions.

Reckless Abandon is pretty nice. You should have the hit points to take hits, so a weaker AC won't matter terribly much.

Savage Dirty Trick is great. It's in place of a melee attack (so you still get your other attacks), deals some damage (=strength modifier) and can outright nauseate or daze an enemy.

If you do want a Totem, I'd suggest the Elemental (Air Totem). The start is a bit weak - another scaling bonus to saves, but only against spells with the [air] descriptor. However, the next step (which you take as a rage power as normal) is great once you get Rage Cycling. Free Air Walk whenever you're raging? You just removed your need for flight-effects entirely. And it's next step is also nice - it's difficult to concentrate next to you, enemy ranged attacks get a penalty to hitting you and creatures smaller than you (I hope you get enlarge person somewhere) get knocked back if they attack you.
But really, this is just a good two-step way to get flight.

A note on Rage Cycling:
It's the art of not being fatigued after ending your rage. That way, you can end and start it each round, which in turn allows you to use all your "once/rage" powers as often as you want. You can do it in a bunch of ways. Without dipping into Oracle or taking the Horizon Walker PrC, you have two options:
- taking the Internal Fortitude Rage Power and using a Flawed Scarlet and Green Cabochon Ioun Stone. The latter turns fatigued into sickened, the former makes you immune to being sickened.
- using a Cord of Stubborn Resolve. It takes up the Belt Slot, but now everything that would fatigue you only deals 1D6 nonlethal damage. That's not ideal, but it's better than being fatigued, not using a rage power you wanted to use, or not getting the benefit of an allied spell. Plus you can use it without taking a rage power.

What would I personally take?
2nd: Superstitious
4th: Witch Hunter
6th: Savage Dirty Trick. Spell Sunder if your party is short on people who can remove buffs from enemies or counter environmental magical effects. Both if you have a feat to spare for extra rage powers.
8th: Internal Fortitude for Rage Cycling.
10th: Eater of Magic to laugh at spellcasters.
12th: Lesser Air Totem (worth getting earlier via feat if possible)
14th: Air Totem (worth getting earlier via feat if possible)

And when you go down and need healing, your rage will end automatically anyway, so healing spells (which are either emergency- or after-combat cast) work just fine on you.
The problem with healing the barbarian after he has dropped of course is the level x2 damage that he takes thanks to losing constitution. which normally will put them unless they are exactly at 0 below there con modifer and so from KO into death as Pathfinder does not count them as Temporary HP.

Oh right, not using Unchained Barbarian here. My bad. (I totally remembered for the rage-powers, I just forgot the "die from dropping out of rage"-bit).

Still, once you get rage-cycling going you can just voluntarily drop your rage early if you're in danger of dying. Only during your turn though.

Last edited:
Oh right, not using Unchained Barbarian here. My bad. (I totally remembered for the rage-powers, I just forgot the "die from dropping out of rage"-bit).

Still, once you get rage-cycling going you can just voluntarily drop your rage early if you're in danger of dying. Only during your turn though.
@Q99

After seeing both a barbarian and a alchemist die because they where KOed , and so lost there buffs that part was quite vivid. And well there is the problem of starting at level 1, and well how many short term choices are important there versus doing some retraining later, if the downtime rules are in effect.

The problem with healing the barbarian after he has dropped of course is the level x2 damage that he takes thanks to losing constitution. which normally will put them unless they are exactly at 0 below there con modifer and so from KO into death as Pathfinder does not count them as Temporary HP.

Not a problem for @Q99 since his mermaid savage technologist doesn't gain Con on Raging but Dex.

Very good stuff!

Don't take Spirit Totem.

Got it. Obviously I was mainly into the second tier one, but it sounds like it's not worth it to spend two on.

Hm, since I have the totem option now, I'm thinking Beast is a possibility as well. The natural attack means I can stop worrying about off-hand weapon fiddliness, second one boosts my AC, and the third gets Pounce, aka Full Attack on a Charge. Which I gather, is something quite liked.

Only if you're not well-coordinated with the party. If your party does any pre-combat buffing, spells will work just fine on you. There's a bunch of beneficial spells that don't have saving throws at all (not even harmless ones), so those work just fine on you. Once you can rage-cycle, you can simply drop out of the rage for one round if your allies want to buff you. And when you go down and need healing, your rage will end automatically anyway, so healing spells (which are either emergency- or after-combat cast) work just fine on you.

Good points.

Spell Sunder is nice as well. Granted, without Improved Sunder you'll provoke attacks of opportunity. But it being a Sunder combat maneuver, you can use it in place of melee attacks, so it doesn't prevent you from doing damage. Plus, it's pretty nice to have outside of combat since you can negate magical effects that way (even if only temporarily) without a spellcaster having to cast dispel magic.

Just realized Sunder is melee-only. There goes my dream of shooting down spells, but still pretty cool and definitely worth getting.

Though I am likely to be tight on feats, since I'll be using them to support my gunplay more.

But IMO it's Eater of Magic that is the real gem here. Granted, it only comes online at 10th level. But effectively (with rage cycling), you can re-roll any saving throw (including against supernatural effects, though still not against traps or poison). That's huge. Together with Superstition, you'll be pretty safe from spells at that point.

Yea, definitely. Level 10 opens up so many good powers!

Auspicious Mark is nice, but it'd be better if you could use it on skills (you can, but your rage precludes you from using most relevant skills). Plus it eats up a lot of rage rounds rather quickly if you start rage cycling for it.

Agreed, and I'm just thinking it's one of the few that helps close and range.

Plus I have the +3 rage rounds trait, soooo...

Only take Lesser Elemental Rage if you go for Rage Cycling. However, it's only 1D6 damage so you can put this off until quite a bit later. Also, only ever take it if you don't have another use for your swift actions.

I'm into it for the second tier one mostly, since +1d6 on every melee hit is pretty significant, and the flexibility of element choice is nice. Of course, that is two slots.

Reckless Abandon is pretty nice. You should have the hit points to take hits, so a weaker AC won't matter terribly much.

Also, Savage Technologist Mermaid. I have dex from rage and nat armor. Right now, level 1, when raging I don't drop AC, I hit AC 20. So I can take a little AC hit and be pretty safe. If I go beast totem,

Oh, and just noticed it's *not* a melee only one for a change...

Savage Dirty Trick is great. It's in place of a melee attack (so you still get your other attacks), deals some damage (=strength modifier) and can outright nauseate or daze an enemy.

Good to hear it :)

If you do want a Totem, I'd suggest the Elemental (Air Totem). The start is a bit weak - another scaling bonus to saves, but only against spells with the [air] descriptor. However, the next step (which you take as a rage power as normal) is great once you get Rage Cycling. Free Air Walk whenever you're raging? You just removed your need for flight-effects entirely. And it's next step is also nice - it's difficult to concentrate next to you, enemy ranged attacks get a penalty to hitting you and creatures smaller than you (I hope you get enlarge person somewhere) get knocked back if they attack you.
But really, this is just a good two-step way to get flight.

Also it looks cool on a mermaid ^^ Though to be honest, I think I'm fine with party members or items filling that role.

A note on Rage Cycling:

More good stuff!

Not a problem for @Q99 since his mermaid savage technologist doesn't gain Con on Raging but Dex.

Righty-o. Which strikes me as better in a lot of ways, I get hit less to begin with.

It does give me the secondary concern of picking abilities that help my range, of course.

Last edited:
Back