Digging for Nations in the Desert (No SV, You are a Micronation in the End of the World)

Sometimes a random thought makes a funny.

"So what are you in for?"

"Founding my own country to prove to my father I am not an invalid."

"Seriously? Daddy issues is the reason you wanted to found a country?"

"It's certainly better then deciding to impose your will on tribals and massacre them with machine guns, create famine and take away their industry so they can become increasingly reliant of the mother countries goods and services?"

Pause. "Your a commie."

"And your a British bitch who thinks the empire cannot die."

"I want to kill you."

"Get in line for the other stupid people trying to murder me."
Now I can't help but think of how things might turn out if both the tie options wound up forming micro countries right next door.:lol::rofl:
Bonus points for throwing the American in for max potshots and crazy.:D

Question, if the Tomboy Tigress plan gets chosen, does that mean that all of the events in the other quest happened in this quest's timeline as well?

Sometimes a random thought makes a funny.

"So what are you in for?"

"Founding my own country to prove to my father I am not an invalid."

"Seriously? Daddy issues is the reason you wanted to found a country?"

"It's certainly better then deciding to impose your will on tribals and massacre them with machine guns, create famine and take away their industry so they can become increasingly reliant of the mother countries goods and services?"

Pause. "Your a commie."

"And your a British bitch who thinks the empire cannot die."

"I want to kill you."

"Get in line for the other stupid people trying to murder me."
"Fuck you let's trade stuff."
Now I can't help but think of how things might turn out if both the tie options wound up forming micro countries right next door.:lol::rofl:
Bonus points for throwing the American in for max potshots and crazy.:D
And we all go to claim different unclaimed bits of land and form an alliance of Micronations.
It would be even funnier if they were all half siblings.
Our dad was a real asshole.

Last edited:
Question, if the Tomboy Tigress plan gets chosen, does that mean that all of the events in the other quest happened in this quest's timeline as well?
@HeroCooky would you allow a few events from the previous quest to occur here?

At very least the revolution on Guangchou and Wei Jungmin Ascending to the leadership of his nation.
"Fuck you let's trade stuff."
INB4 We accidentally create a nuclear bomb.
And we all go to claim different unclaimed bits of land and form an alliance of Micronations.
That is actually an option.
Our dad was a real asshole.
I mean, while it would be funny, it would open the very troubling implications that our father was a serial rapist throughout the early 20th century.

And that makes me feel a tad uncomfortable.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Magoose on Mar 13, 2022 at 9:23 PM, finished with 80 posts and 29 votes.

• [X]Plan Tomboy Tigress
    -[X] Li Mia
    -[X] Female: You are the weak daughter of that bastard no name that should never have done you the disservice of fathering you in the first place. That was after he tried to kill you, the cunt. You will be the Queen of this land and prove that idiot of a father of yours. (Your Father is trying to marry you off for being a disgrace to the Family because you were born a woman. Good luck!)
    -[X] Guangchou
    -[X] 1974: So Egypt is weak. Sudan is going through internal problems, and oh, look, free real estate. You know, with Egypt losing Sinai, and their weakening position of the Pan Arabic league, and their network of alliances is collapsing. With such things falling about, who would notice or care about a little patch of Desert?
    [X]Plan Rule Britannia
    -[X] Elizabeth Spencer
    -[X] Female: You are the weak daughter of that bastard no name that should never have done you the disservice of fathering you in the first place. That was after he tried to kill you, the cunt. You will be the Queen of this land and prove that idiot of a father of yours. (Your Father is trying to marry you off for being a disgrace to the Family because you were born a woman. Good luck!)
    -[X]British: You are a Child of Britania, and due to the actions of the Empire, you see yourself as a man trying desperately to keep the Empire going, as you hope that this may stop the Empire. (Begin with Trait: Child of the empire: You are a Child of the Empire, and you will never see it fall. +10 to diplomacy and Millitary rolls. -10 to economic and RND rolls. And you will have a harder time gaining international recognition. Unlocks Unique ways to circumvent the latest treaties and map drawing of the Old Empire.)
    -[X]1956: The War is over, and after decades, the British Empire begins to Fracture into its commonwealth, and many more become Republics. But in such territorial flux, there is an opportunity for greatness. After all, who in the Empire, or the world for that matter, cares about some undeveloped, underutilized, and unwanted piece of Clay in the middle of the Desert? After all, Sudan and Egypt do not want this piece of Land.
    [X]Plan Russian Roulette
    [X] Plan: American given a chance
    -[X] Alexander Jones
    -[X] Male
    -[X]American: So you are just some dumb Yankee that just happened to understand the complex geopolitics of the Modern West African Continent. And you know there is a clearly brilliant thing that can be broken down, and wealth can be made. After all, It's for fun and profit. (Gain Trait: Child of America: You are a child who was Born Free, in a land of wealth and Plenty. You chose to spread it to the world +10 to Economic and RND rolls. -10 to Diplomacy and Military Rolls Unlock Special Actions)
    -[X] 1974: So Egypt is weak. Sudan is going through internal problems, and oh, look, free real estate. You know, with Egypt losing Sinai, and their weakening position of the Pan Arabic league, and their network of alliances is collapsing. With such things falling about, who would notice or care about a little patch of Desert?
    [X] Plan: takes One to know One
    [X] write in name: Oriel Fedorov
    [X] Male
    [X] Russian
    [X] 1991
    [X] Charlotte "Charlie" Fisher
    [X][GENDER]
    --[X] Female
    --[X]American: So you are just some dumb Yankee that just happened to understand the complex geopolitics of the Modern West African Continent. And you know there is a clearly brilliant thing that can be broken down, and wealth can be made. After all, It's for fun and profit. (Gain Trait: Child of America: You are a child who was Born Free, in a land of wealth and Plenty. You chose to spread it to the world +10 to Economic and RND rolls. -10 to Diplomacy and Military Rolls Unlock Special Actions)
    --[X]1991: Well no, the World is in Global Chaos with the Fall of the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia is beginning to break up, Sudan fell into civil war. My god, what a perfect time to just go off and just start your own country. Does everyone seem to be doing this these days? Because it seems like it.
    [X]Plan Desert nation/ Prince Ali
    --[X] Ali ba ba
    --[X] Male
    --[X]Arabic
    --[X]1956
    [X]PLAN NORWAY
    -[X] Harald Frederik
    -[X] Male
    -[X] Norwegian
    -[X]1956: The War is over, and after decades, the British Empire begins to Fracture into its commonwealth, and many more become Republics. But in such territorial flux, there is an opportunity for greatness. After all, who in the Empire, or the world for that matter, cares about some undeveloped, underutilized, and unwanted piece of Clay in the middle of the Desert? After all, Sudan and Egypt do not want this piece of Land.

I mean, while it would be funny, it would open the very troubling implications that our father was a serial rapist throughout the early 20th century.

And that makes me feel a tad uncomfortable.

I don't quite follow. While I agree that it would be very unusual to have a daughter in Britain and a daughter in Guangchou, I don't see how that would point to rape. He could just be a person rich enough to afford two families. Hell, that sort of thing might even be seen as normal in Guangchou.

I don't quite follow. While I agree that it would be very unusual to have a daughter in Britain and a daughter in Guangchou, I don't see how that would point to rape. He could just be a person rich enough to afford two families. Hell, that sort of thing might even be seen as normal in Guangchou.
It's just when I was thinking it, especially with what I plan for dear old dad (hint he's a power-hungry, murderous asshole who already murdered twenty people to become some undersecretary to some minister in the party) (He's the star of an omake I'm writing for the other quest)

He's evil. fitting for this world, Evil, smart and ruthless. Dad is an anime villain level of evil but with the smarts to always escape punishment due to a lack of evidence and curroption. So forgive me if I placed something like that into the thoughts and blurted out loud.

Last edited:
Turn 2: The Heroine is Here... There...Well Somewhere?
Turn 2: The Heroine is Here... There...Well Somewhere?

You are Li Mia, venerable and eldest daughter of Sun Mia, and Peng Ru, the morning after the Revolution killed Guangchou's last monarch. At least according to your father, who was notorious for saying anything to get anyone to listen to him. You were born in a time of great upheaval in your country when the monarchy was overthrown and the new Glorious regime of Wei Cai. You were supposed to represent a new generation, not only of this new regime but of its people.

Except that, according to your birth certificate, you were born years after the Revolution. And your Father had murdered his son who was. Probably because your brother wanted to murder him.

Though if you really thought about it, a lot of people wanted to kill your father. In fact, you were pretty sure he was still alive because he had the luck of the devil, always escaping the purges, the massacres, the implications, and the political assassinations. He survived it all, and somehow always became more powerful then before.

That leads to issues. Like paranoia, mistrust, fear of being used by your father as a bargaining tool, not only for his personal gain and security.

But despite all those issues, you are here in the desert you now claim as your own sovereign nation. Sure there were many things wrong with that statement, from a point of view that is not only patriarchal but wrong. You were, of course, someone not of a royal linage, nor were you a great conqueror, a military mind like the greats of Alexander, Ghengis, and your personal favorite, Napoleon.

You were just some low-down commoner from an island that barely anyone from outside Asia has heard of, and you were going to carve your name into history by any means available to you. Including, as it turns out, selling everything you had to two governments, priceless family heirlooms, and enough gold to probably buy a nice ticket to the US and remain rich and wealthy for the remainder of your natural existence, find some nice person, male or female, nothing as simple as gender really mattered, only the company that would remain in your future... And just live.

No. You were not going to prove your father right by doing the thing he expected you to do that, even with his plans to climb the ranks dashed when some scientists program drained all his funding and the Glorious Leaders shifted to Agriculture and Aquaculture to keep the nation fed.

Sure you were driven by a need to tell your father that, yes, you were going to be more useful out in the world, as a free agent, than being an over-glorified whore to some seventy-something-year-old party member who wanted a trophy wife in the twilight of his life that your father arranged to climb the party ranks, but details!

So you were here in the desert. in the middle of nowhere. To write this new history.

Reward: Gain Trait: Child of Guangchou: You are a child of a little-known island nation of Guangchou, a daughter of a government official. You are much more skilled than many people believe, and hold depths that no one has realized. (Suffer a -10 to Social rolls. However, Gain the Masterful Roll Explosion. Every time you have a crit (95 or above with roll bonuses), roll the dice again. If it crits three times in a row, good things will happen. And By Good things, I mean some insane things that benefit you.)

[Personal Boons]
Sometimes is just good being you! After all, you are just that awesome at being... Well, You! (Choose 2)
--[]Brilliant

You have a way of understanding the situation of anything, from people, to places to even your own body when you got stabbed that one time when you were ten by that crazy person. Anyway, you always understood shit, even when it seems impossible. (Gain an additional +10 to all rolls, at the cost of making the Cost for failure increase to 1-40. However, on Critical successes, you will gain double the control you gain and maybe cause even more craziness.)
--[]World Famous (Write in here)
So you managed to become a world-famous... something. Truly there was some crazy thing that you became known for when you were preparing to venture out into the world. After all, who would expect you of all people to just come in and say "I'm founding a country!" (increase international Recognition by 1. You may be taken more seriously when negotiating. Depending on what you choose, it will give roll bonuses)
--[]Connected
You have friends all over the World, some old contacts within Governments, private ventures, and even just some random hobo's that you met when you were a little kid trying to find adventure. Friends that are willing to drop everything to help out. (Begins with additional Social Actions trying to recruit your friends and allies all over the world. +2 to International Recognition. You may need to juggle loyalties and promises to keep them on board.)
--[]Legendary Soldier!
You were one of the greatest soldiers to ever come out of the Army of your homeland, and have been a nomad for the last few years. While perhaps not as individually talented as other special operators of the United States, Russian or British Special Forces, you can keep up with them. And you have gained combat experience all over the world fighting for anyone who will pay you. And that is something special that most people cannot claim to be. (+10 to military rolls. Certain Governments may wish to hire you for your services. Unique Title unlocked. Other Mercenaries may wish to join you in your little kingdom Outside of Heaven)
--[]Rich
Sometimes the only thing one needs is to just have enough money to throw at a problem until that problem works for you, or drowns in coinage. Because there is one thing that can always be answered. "What is your Price?" (You begin with an Economic Roll bonus of +10. Unlock further development rolls than normal, and can hire people to do the grunt work for you easier.)
--[] Another Soul
This is not your first body, and you have nightmares that it will not be your last. (Due to your constantly changing perspective of this world due to your reincarnations, you will have a Highlighted Report From one of your past lives giving advice, hints, of just being a troll to make you feel better. The advice they give is always semi-useful, but never fully useful for every given situation.)
--[] Another Soul, Wrong Body
This is not your first body, and you have nightmares that it will not be your last. But, unfortunately, it is also the wrong one. Because someone screwed up and split your soul in half. Not Cool! (Your Full life perspective is blocked due to a mix-up in your reincarnation, now you are a hotel for people coming and going to reincarnate. Now you will have a Highlighted Report. But unlike the others, you are constantly getting a revolving door of people trying to fill in space reincarnating in you. They are more likely just people chilling about, but they will help just so they can leave again. Hopefully, you'll get your soul back.)
--[]Write in
You can make something better than this hack writer coming up with stuff for a silly story! (Subject to QM Approval Because this Hack Writer is at least decent and writing by the seat of my pants.)

You were also able to swindle your family into this mad adventure.

Well one of them. You really wished you had more time to escape your fathers bodyguards, but the Carrier showing up after that hurricane was barely enough to just escape with one of them.

[Familial Boons!]
You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family! Except your FAther, fuck him! (Choose 1)
--[]Your Loving Husband, Mo Jie
It all started with that drunken bet out in the fishing boat. Well, your husband was a sailor who enjoyed being in the water more than anything. He always has a way to both make things better, and also make things worse. He always had the Brains to do things but lacked the balls to do it. it's why you wore the pants and he just dutifully helped you in all your adventures, even this one. (Gain +10 to social rolls. May choose to have children if you wish.)
--[]Your Powerful Wife, Ma Tang
It wasn't like life was going to be any worse. You two loved and cared for one another and that was all there was to it. She was a soldier, long before she was your wife and partner, and she learned a great deal of the soldiering trade. Not enough to be a threat to any trained special operator from America, but enough to where most desert bandits will be finding themselves at the wrong end of the barrel of her gun soon enough. (+10 to Military Rolls. Will be unable to have children the natural way. Suffer a -10 to all social roles because homosexuality is considered Taboo in this part of the world.)
--[]That Annoying Brother, Li Gen
Your Brother is an idiot. That much is certain. However, he is an idiot that somehow makes everything better. No matter the fucking situtaion. Like how he sweet-talked both Presidents of their countries to just... hand it over to you. HOW!? (Start with an additional 25 Control, and gain an additional 1 International Reputation. Your Brother, however, is trying to murder you for… Really who knows at this point? He held a grudge over a fucking cookie from ten years ago? And it was your cookie too!)
--[]The Powerful Mother, Sun Mia
Your Mother is the most brilliant woman you have ever known in your life. Why she still married your father and stay with him was something that annoyed you greatly. The problem is, she is trying to drag you back home. Thankfully, she is willing enough to at least humor this venture. (Start with an additional 50 Control. Every Turn, you must convince her that, Yes, this plan to found your own nation is a Good Idea™!)

AN: Alrighty Everyone, time to build the Character and begin to start this Journey

I hope you enjoy turns like this because I've got three more planned before we begin nation-building in earnest.

Because we are preparing to have a jolly good time in the desert.

Enjoy and Vote in Plan format please!

Last edited:
surprised that no one is talking about the trait I gave you.

i thought it was pretty good.

Either works for me. What can I say? Big Buff Soldiers are neat.
Now I'm not a man who calls out the taste of my readers. but I am going to say this.

Big Soldiers are nice. Buff soldiers are neat.

But frankly, give me a soldier kitted out with 50 pounds of gear that can go legging it for 10 hours a day in full heat of the desert without complaining...

That is the really nice stuff.

Give me someone who can just get shot a dozen times and just walk it off.
Attack on Armstrong meme by Trueblur1 on DeviantArt Olivier Armstrong: MP by flabaflaba123 on deviantART | Fullmetal alchemist  brotherhood, Fullmetal alchemist, Brotherhood
This is the goal. To have an army of Armstrong's. IT WILL BE AN ARMY TO SURPASS METAL GEAR THE WORLD!
Ah yes, the Armstrong family.

You know the Spenser's (if they still appear) might have an Armstrong, a nice mad lad who served in the Malaysian emergency, and followed Mad Jacks Example, of wielding a sword in battle, and having a long bow.

Actually, now he might show up now as a merc.
Actually, let's make our own Outer Heaven.
Come now, lets be better then Outer Heaven.

Outer Heaven Failed.

We will not!

Last edited:
Back