Bad Blood (Mafia)

That's what you're saying, but do we have a way to verify it?
Yeah, actually. If I was the poisoner and Erl blocked me on that day, then there wouldn't have been someone dying from poison a day later. Ergo, I'm not the poisoner. As for bludgeoning, why would I advocate the theory of the Blue People being a bunch of crazy cultists who want to bludgeon people to death in a magic circle? And as for the dissembling part, I am pretty sure that I don't have the equipment or experience to actually pull that off. Since, you know, I'm not a doctor or have access to medical tools.

Yeah, actually. If I was the poisoner and Erl blocked me on that day, then there wouldn't have been someone dying from poison a day later. Ergo, I'm not the poisoner. As for bludgeoning, why would I advocate the theory of the Blue People being a bunch of crazy cultists who want to bludgeon people to death in a magic circle? And as for the dissembling part, I am pretty sure that I don't have the equipment or experience to actually pull that off. Since, you know, I'm not a doctor or have access to medical tools.
I actually meant verifying that you didn't get a message about being blocked, but that works too.

I actually meant verifying that you didn't get a message about being blocked, but that works too.
Well, I can't just copy and paste word for word a GM's pm post, and it is much more difficult to verify something that was never given. You will have to take my words for it. Totes.

That is, of course, if erl is legit. I mean, he didn't block JBJ, but that would have been as good as an admission of guilt after declaring last day.

*Is unamused*

Anyway, kinda hard to tell who is sus or not. Sure, Erl blocked some people, but that doesn't mean they were acting up that night either.
*Puts tin foil hat on*

Maybe Joe is a serial killer playing up to be a town-aligned killer, and the reason why Erl left him alone is that he knows that Joe won't go after his ass, because if Joe did that would make only make him even more suspicious.

Bleh. Drained yesterday, busy today, and still not my best. Right, lets see if I can actually say something of value.

My gut is telling me that NSMS is certainly even more suspicious now that he suddenly outs himself as a doctor. But at the same time, my gut is also telling me that Joe is up to one of his long con, and Erl is on it. Wouldn't be the first time Joe has done it.

Well if you want to look at it that way, do seem to have multiple factions. And if you agree with the 3 v 3 v 19 hypothesis we should have three scum left in two factions and it would make sense for the scum to be pretty tough and power role-y.

I don't think I buy that however. And certainly not all three of them. It's just too... neat.

What I do buy is that my gut has thought NSMS looked just slightly scummy for a while.

My brain's still shot, so I'll look at the night logs:

Heal: TPK, Nanimani, Nanimani, Nani?, Joebobjoe(RBed)
"COW!"ed: Alpha Delta, chron, bondo, nictis, NSMS
Watched: GatS(Ellf), Chron(Erl), ???, ???, DEAD
Autopsied: ???, ???, ???, ???, DEAD
Investigated: ???,???,???,???,???

And from there unpack the kill logs assuming we're in a 3v3vT:

MrEgret: Lynched Day 1
DexTraxWex: Slaughtered Night 1
God and the Snake: Savaged Night 1
Ellf : Lynched Day 2
Bahn: Slaughtered Night 2
Azrael: Bludgeoned Night 2
Pawn Lelouch: Poisoned Night 2
Dirk93: Lynched Day 3
AlphaDelta: Slaughtered Night 3
TehChron: Lynched Day 4
Nictis: Slaughtered Night 4
TPK: Disassembled Night 4
Nanimani: Poisoned Night 4
tankdrop24: Lynched Day 5
crystalwatcher: Slaughtered Night 5

So, we're assuming our poisoner basically a protection breaker that acts every other night:
Poison is red because we're not going to have four killing factions and it picks up where Ellf leaves off. Plus it occurs alongside the very cultish bludgeon kill.
Bludgeon is cult suspect blue. Disassemble is Process of Elimination Blue, for appearing as the same time as everyone else (and being the last cultist standing.)
And JBJ's in purple, because of differentiation reasons and because it's obvious is that Joebobjoe is not friends with anybody else on this list. He's been pretty busy. (Take that how you will. :p)

NSMS and Erl have also been pretty busy. They clearly saved TPK/blocked Alpha on night one and saved Nanimani/blocked Khawy on night three.

As far as poison goes there's a discrepancy however: If we have a 3v3vT then someone should have taken over for our poisoner on their off day. Red team's been blocked to hell and back, but their membership is pretty intact.

We can partially account for this by saying that NSMS stopped someone day three when both sides piled up onto Nanimani (or that Khawy was scum all along and both Erl and NSMS had a very good day) but we run into a problem. What happened on night five? Even in the event that one of the factions decided to play mindgames and hold off for a day, both doing so is... highly unlikely. We can account for losing one to Erl, ...but that blocks NSMS and it means our ostensible doctor is gone.

Which is perfectly reasonable, if he's scum and was never the doctor at all. If there's another doctor, then all the above applies, but there's still someone who could have accounted for the final night 5 kill.

So yeah, I think the course is clear:

[X] Hang NSMS

Bleh. Drained yesterday, busy today, and still not my best. Right, lets see if I can actually say something of value.

Well if you want to look at it that way, do seem to have multiple factions. And if you agree with the 3 v 3 v 19 hypothesis we should have three scum left in two factions and it would make sense for the scum to be pretty tough and power role-y.

I don't think I buy that however. And certainly not all three of them. It's just too... neat.

What I do buy is that my gut has thought NSMS looked just slightly scummy for a while.

My brain's still shot, so I'll look at the night logs:

Heal: TPK, Nanimani, Nanimani, Nani?, Joebobjoe(RBed)
"COW!"ed: Alpha Delta, chron, bondo, nictis, NSMS
Watched: GatS(Ellf), Chron(Erl), ???, ???, DEAD
Autopsied: ???, ???, ???, ???, DEAD
Investigated: ???,???,???,???,???

And from there unpack the kill logs assuming we're in a 3v3vT:

MrEgret: Lynched Day 1
DexTraxWex: Slaughtered Night 1
God and the Snake: Savaged Night 1
Ellf : Lynched Day 2
Bahn: Slaughtered Night 2
Azrael: Bludgeoned Night 2
Pawn Lelouch: Poisoned Night 2
Dirk93: Lynched Day 3
AlphaDelta: Slaughtered Night 3
TehChron: Lynched Day 4
Nictis: Slaughtered Night 4
TPK: Disassembled Night 4
Nanimani: Poisoned Night 4
tankdrop24: Lynched Day 5
crystalwatcher: Slaughtered Night 5

So, we're assuming our poisoner basically a protection breaker that acts every other night:
Poison is red because we're not going to have four killing factions and it picks up where Ellf leaves off. Plus it occurs alongside the very cultish bludgeon kill.
Bludgeon is cult suspect blue. Disassemble is Process of Elimination Blue, for appearing as the same time as everyone else (and being the last cultist standing.)
And JBJ's in purple, because of differentiation reasons and because it's obvious is that Joebobjoe is not friends with anybody else on this list. He's been pretty busy. (Take that how you will. :p)

NSMS and Erl have also been pretty busy. They clearly saved TPK/blocked Alpha on night one and saved Nanimani/blocked Khawy on night three.

As far as poison goes there's a discrepancy however: If we have a 3v3vT then someone should have taken over for our poisoner on their off day. Red team's been blocked to hell and back, but their membership is pretty intact.

We can partially account for this by saying that NSMS stopped someone day three when both sides piled up onto Nanimani (or that Khawy was scum all along and both Erl and NSMS had a very good day) but we run into a problem. What happened on night five? Even in the event that one of the factions decided to play mindgames and hold off for a day, both doing so is... highly unlikely. We can account for losing one to Erl, ...but that blocks NSMS and it means our ostensible doctor is gone.

Which is perfectly reasonable, if he's scum and was never the doctor at all. If there's another doctor, then all the above applies, but there's still someone who could have accounted for the final night 5 kill.

So yeah, I think the course is clear:

[] Hang NSMS
Two points: I selected TPK as my heal target night one but he was never attacked (actually, nobody was attacked whilst I was looking at them), and Poisoners generally bypass doctor heals (but take a day to take effect).

Also, since it's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing, I'm going to preemptively post this in reference to my being the town doctor:

More than 12 hours since my last post... And we have 3 posts from 2 players.

Can we please not have another village ending?
As is I'm still considering maybe swapping to Erl. Though the issue is Erl is our only pseudo-investigative role if he's telling the truth. Would rather not go to no investigation if at all possible because currently we're all kinda worn out and not really doing well at the mundane investigative parts of the game. At 2.5 kills per night we're still a bit from MYLO, but we really need to get moving. Especially pressuring the low posts no claims people.

As is I'm still considering maybe swapping to Erl. Though the issue is Erl is our only pseudo-investigative role if he's telling the truth. Would rather not go to no investigation if at all possible because currently we're all kinda worn out and not really doing well at the mundane investigative parts of the game. At 2.5 kills per night we're still a bit from MYLO, but we really need to get moving. Especially pressuring the low posts no claims people.
Town is pretty much dead, since a bunch of Brownies got hanged and killed. RIP us.

Some thoughts, before I die:
  • I find Bailey suspicious and odd for his constant voting for me for no readily apparent reason.
  • Mortifer's been really flying under the radar this game.
  • Megaolix is working hard for the town, so it might be worth scrutinising him to make sure he's not pulling fast one (I personally think he's on the up and up, but it never hurts to check).
  • Phoenixian and not-Bondo confuse me.
  • Coffee is good.
  • Tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable.
  • Wurble wurble schlup.

Well, we still have about a day to switch, so you have time to think.

I find Bailey suspicious and odd for his constant voting for me for no readily apparent reason.
I know I talked about evil twins and all, but I do think bailey is legit in this case. It may just be a bailey thing.

So sorry about my absence. I was on a trip in the mountains and there was no service.

I was planning on explaining my suspicion, but you guys already said my reasons.

So, [X] HANG NSMS.

*Still no new post fo r12 hours*

For fuck sake, people... Fuck it.

[X] HANG NSMS

@Joebobjoe
Same as last time, not going to tell you to not shoot. Still, for the sake of avoiding only aiming for each other, don't just automatically assume erl is scum. At worst, we can grill him tomorrow. Just think about it hard.

For the sake of helping you aim... Well, as stated before, I would believe Bailey legit, given he came forward quite fast about his twin.

@erlking
I know you probably don't want JBJ shooting you, but don't block him, please. We really need to trim down the list of who can be scum.

Hmm... if Bailey dies and flips as evil then it'd probably be good to take a long look at Megaolix (and vice versa).

*Still no new post fo r12 hours*

For fuck sake, people... Fuck it.

[X] HANG NSMS

@Joebobjoe
Same as last time, not going to tell you to not shoot. Still, for the sake of avoiding only aiming for each other, don't just automatically assume erl is scum. At worst, we can grill him tomorrow. Just think about it hard.

For the sake of helping you aim... Well, as stated before, I would believe Bailey legit, given he came forward quite fast about his twin.

@erlking
I know you probably don't want JBJ shooting you, but don't block him, please. We really need to trim down the list of who can be scum.
Indeed, I'm thinking I'll go after one of the low activity posters with no claims.

Back