Bad Blood (Mafia)

Cool, now that doc is outed I can state my theory that the poisoner is effectively a WW. Breaks through any protection but only works every other night. Didn't want to do so earlier because the general assumption of no doc due to Nani's death was useful to keep going for whatever faction doesn't have the poisoner.

Of course I'm not going to reveal my role until I need to; the doctor is a major target. Even if I don't get lynched today I'm probably not going to live through the night.
I don't know man. That kill flavor on Day 5 is what making me suspect you even more. Who else would dissembled someone besides a doctor? Hmm...
What have I done that makes me suspicious in general?
You're very quick to react whenever someone thinks you did something bad, and your posts escalate in annoyance, I wanna say, making you look sloppy. It's as if you have something to hide.

My $0.02 anyways. I'm not the type to analyze, I just go by instinct and feeling the tone of people's posts.

I don't know man. That kill flavor on Day 5 is what making me suspect you even more. Who else would dissembled someone besides a doctor? Hmm...
My flavour talks mainly about herbs and splints, so that doesn't really fit.
You're very quick to react whenever someone thinks you did something bad, and your posts escalate in annoyance, I wanna say, making you look sloppy. It's as if you have something to hide.

My $0.02 anyways. I'm not the type to analyze, I just go by instinct and feeling the tone of people's posts.
Annoyed? Pfft, sorry but only one person on any forum anywhere has actually managed to annoy me (they're also, not-so-coincidentally, the only person I have on ignore). Tired, incredulous, maybe even a bit exasperated, sure. But annoyed? No.

As for reacting quickly, the last game I was in I wasn't there to react to an accusation and got lynched because of it (and ironically, was the doctor in that game too). I'd rather not repeat that, which is part of why I've taken the effort to shoot down any accusations before they can snowball. The other part of why I've been reacting so quickly and thoroughly is because I actually did have something to hide- that I'm the doctor, which is sort of a last resort reveal/defence.

You do realize, of course, that we can't exactly take you at your word here? Just as we cannot claim erlking 100% clear because he declared and incidentally proved roleblock.
True. Though the setting gives me more of a rural vibe than a busy grim town one, so to me a sawbones type doctor would be a bit out of place. That's entirely circumstantial and based my own opinion/impression, though, so I'm aware it's not really any more proof.

Also, something to consider (that didn't occur to me last night because it was pretty late): neither werewolf faction made a kill last night. And unless I was a werewolf and member of both factions, blocking me alone couldn't do that; that means (and the night one single werewolf kill already suggested it) that for some reason the werewolf factions can choose to or for some reason occasionally have to skip nights.

So the conclusion of me being blocked = No kills doesn't make sense from an absolute perspective (as even if I was a werewolf and was blocked, there should have been another kill), and indicates that the correlation between events doesn't necessarily equal causation. Yes, I am aware that me being a blocked killer and a single werewolf faction not going for a kill would also give the same result, but I felt I should at least point out the basic fallacy of 'this person was blocked and no kills means they're definitely a werewolf'.

True. Though the setting gives me more of a rural vibe than a busy grim town one, so to me a sawbones type doctor would be a bit out of place. That's entirely circumstantial and based my own opinion/impression, though, so I'm aware it's not really any more proof.

Also, something to consider (that didn't occur to me last night because it was pretty late): neither werewolf faction made a kill last night. And unless I was a werewolf and member of both factions, blocking me alone couldn't do that; that means (and the night one single werewolf kill already suggested it) that for some reason the werewolf factions can choose to or for some reason occasionally have to skip nights.

So the conclusion of me being blocked = No kills doesn't make sense from an absolute perspective (as even if I was a werewolf and was blocked, there should have been another kill), and indicates that the correlation between events doesn't necessarily equal causation. Yes, I am aware that me being a blocked killer and a single werewolf faction not going for a kill would also give the same result, but I felt I should at least point out the basic fallacy of 'this person was blocked and no kills means they're definitely a werewolf'.
Poison has consistently been every other night. This was an off night for them. So yes, you being blocked does seem to indicate you're the non-poisoning killer, and makes perfect sense for there to be no kills besides mine. The alternative being that Erl's last of his scum faction, somehow knew Khawy was vanilla (therefore having no way of disproving Erl blocking them), and skipped killing to block you, hoping you would be a power role. The issue with that theory being that the nightly kills have been tied to red and shown two different flavors. Meaning that unless their godfather appears as Town on death or something similarly annoying they've got two members left, making desperate frameups not particularly likely.

Although looking back there's evidence of a doc start of day four. With Erl having blocked someone he proceeded to assume was poisoner but turned out to be Town. The issue being that doc might well be in the massive pile of townie corpses since we have no way of telling what if any role they had. But then there's the simple fact that I can kill you tonight if necessary but not Erl. Decisions, decisions.
[X] Hang NSMS

Poison has consistently been every other night. This was an off night for them. So yes, you being blocked does seem to indicate you're the non-poisoning killer, and makes perfect sense for there to be no kills besides mine. The alternative being that Erl's last of his scum faction, somehow knew Khawy was vanilla (therefore having no way of disproving Erl blocking them), and skipped killing to block you, hoping you would be a power role. The issue with that theory being that the nightly kills have been tied to red and shown two different flavors. Meaning that unless their godfather appears as Town on death or something similarly annoying they've got two members left, making desperate frameups not particularly likely.

I mean there is the possibility of something else being afoot, but that's relatively unlikely compared to the possibility of you being scum. Out of curiosity what was your target history? Would also like Erl's, as is we just know he blocked Chron night 3.
[X] Hang NSMS

Whoops, apparently had opened a second tab and finished it from there via draft, then came back and saw my original tab mostly completed.

Did... you just double post 14 minutes apart? :confused:

Also, how poisoners generally work is that they take a day to kill their victims (i.e. they attack one night, the target dies the next).

Did... you just double post 14 minutes apart? :confused:

Also, how poisoners generally work is that they take a day to kill their victims (i.e. they attack one night, the target dies the next).
Amusingly the second paragraph is different between the two. But yeah, got up early and apparently was more tired than I realized.

I mean there is the possibility of something else being afoot, but that's relatively unlikely compared to the possibility of you being scum. Out of curiosity what was your target history? Would also like Erl's, as is we just know he blocked Chron night 3.
[] Hang NSMS
Target history was TPK first night, Nanimani every night since then until he died, Joebobjoe last night.

Also, as I mentioned earlier if I was scum in this situation I'd have lied and said I didn't get any message, then tried to throw suspicion on erlking as a liar. I had nothing to gain by openly admitting/revealing I was roleblocked before erlking revealed it.

Whoops, apparently had opened a second tab and finished it from there via draft, then came back and saw my original tab mostly completed.

A likely story to cover for your split personality disorder, allowing you to claim innocence while also being guilty as sin. :V

[X Vote Joebo-

Wait nevermind, it turns out trying to wake up earlier makes you tired earlier as well so I'm getting tired and should probably stop before someone bamboozles me into voting for myself.

Also, as I mentioned earlier if I was scum in this situation I'd have lied and said I didn't get any message, then tried to throw suspicion on erlking as a liar. I had nothing to gain by openly admitting/revealing I was roleblocked before erlking revealed it.
Actually, given erlking exposed himself yesterday and would have stated aiming for you, you denying it would only have pulled more votes on you, I believe.

Actually, given erlking exposed himself yesterday and would have stated aiming for you, you denying it would only have pulled more votes on you, I believe.
I would have had the room try and cast doubt on him, I mean. Trying to portray him as a liar about his role, or about his alignment, or just expressed ignorance and claimed I got no message. Openly stating that I was role-blocked, meanwhile, offers me no advantages.

Also, @Joebobjoe, why are you assuming that when I flip as innocent that'll mean erlking's a werewolf? 'cause he could just as easily be town, only with unfortunate luck when it comes to choice of targets.

I would have had the room try and cast doubt on him, I mean. Trying to portray him as a liar about his role, or about his alignment, or just expressed ignorance and claimed I got no message. Openly stating that I was role-blocked, meanwhile, offers me no advantages.

Also, @Joebobjoe, why are you assuming that when I flip as innocent that'll mean erlking's a werewolf? 'cause he could just as easily be town, only with unfortunate luck when it comes to choice of targets.
The reason I say that is because Erl and you both being Town is unlikely. There was no kill last night, meaning the Mafia is either playing heavy mind games or is blocked from killing. Heavy mind games are a pain to consider and don't really crop up much. While the only thing that might've blocked the kill that we know of is Erl's roleblocking. It could be that Maf found someone might immune at a bad time though.

Boy, this day is a mess once more... Well, still more than 48 hours left.
Look on the bright side: at least we're forcing conversation and generating info. Granted, it's probably going to be at the cost of me dying, but it's something.

Not that it means that much, but... Alpha was blue. Then N3 saw the least amount of deaths.
Heyyyy, you're not implying what I think you're implying, right? As I have said before, I did not get any notification on Erl blocking me until he told me that he did.

But according to the data, I think it's safe to say that the Blue People are the bludgeoning people.

Heyyyy, you're not implying what I think you're implying, right? As I have said before, I did not get any notification on Erl blocking me until he told me that he did.
That's what you're saying, but do we have a way to verify it?

Back