Attempting to Shatter the Skies: An Ace Combat Plan Quest

[] Plan: Don't Resist Salvation
-[] Bureau of Urgent Protection
-[] Direct oversight
-[] Business as usual
-[] Peace. Through. Power.

Bureau of Urgent Protection, also known as BUP. Coincidenantly, they love saying "Brotherhood, Unity, Peace". Wonder what that's about?

With Direct Oversight, we have full access to both countries' resources. Essential because we want our superweapon done as fast as possible. We'll need to fulfill objectives for them, but it's a worthy trade off. Business as Usual meanwhile is to help keep the populace calm while Ulysses approaches and we ready our superweapon to get our unruly neighbors to behave or else! It also helps hide that we plan on using the superweapon on them if they don't join us, like all good Ace Combat countries with a superweapon!

Last edited:
[] Plan: Filing off the serial number
-[] Name: Global Defense Initiative
-[] Fully autonomous
-[] Price control boards
-[] The first step to something more
We can't have our stolen Brotherhood without also having a stolen GDI.
Edit: Changed to Global because we are meant to be stopping an asteroid, can change it back to Antarctic if enough people want it

Last edited:
Oh right we're meant to be defending against the asteroid. I completely forgot that's what this all was about
Normally I get mad about this level of skewing off to player agenda in quests but taking this crisis as an opportunity to build a technocratic cult into a superpower is completely in character for the setting.

[] Plan: Too Many Crossovers
-[] Name: Exo-Atmospheric Combat Command, or Ex-Com
-[] Semi-independent
-[] Price Control Board
-[] The first step to something more

We are already the Brotherhood of Nod, why not also have a organization dedicated to fighting things from space run by a man wearing a sweater?

Last edited:
[] Plan: Irony
-[] Name: Global Defense Initiative
-[] Oversight: Semi-Autonomous
-[] Economics: Direct mobilization
-[] Regional Affairs: The first step to something more

Edit: My apologies, bit fried and didn't realize vote wasn't open yet.

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Irony
-[X] Name: Global Defense Initiative
-[X] Oversight: Semi-Autonomous
-[X] Economics: Direct mobilization
-[X] Regional Affairs: The first step to something more

[X] Plan: Don't Resist Salvation
-[X] Global Defense Initiative
-[X] Direct oversight
-[X] Business as usual
-[X] Peace. Through. Power.

Stealing the GDI name because why not? That said, this plan is focused on three things:

1. Getting our superweapon up ASAP. Having both countries' vast resources at our disposal is essential for that, hence Direct Oversight.
2. Making sure that the populace and our neighbors don't suspect anything regarding what we plan to do. Keeping the populace happy with us is key to ensuring smooth and steady progress on the superweapon.
3. Once we get our superweapon online, do like every other Ace Combat nation and leverage it to beat our neighbors silly in diplomacy or the battlefield. Peace through Power! Superweapons are the key to Artic Unity!

Last edited:
I would really suggest against Semi-Autonomous. It's the worst of both worlds. We don't get the full support of the state's resources, but we're still hampered by mandates we need to fulfill and still can't act as freely as we would otherwise want.

Either go full Direct Oversight for the resources, or Fully Autonomous for the freedom. The middle option just hampers us without much benefit.

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Too Many Crossovers
-[X] Name: Exo-Atmospheric Combat Command, or Ex-Com
-[X] Semi-independent
-[X] Price Control Board
-[X] The first step to something more

I would really suggest against Semi-Autonomous. It's the worst of both worlds. We don't get the full support of the state's resources, but we're still hampered by mandates we need to fulfill and still can't act as freely as we would otherwise want.

Either go full Direct Oversight for the resources, or Fully Autonomous for the freedom. The middle option just hampers us without much benefit.
The flip side is that, for now, I'm going for the more peaceful-ish idea of the "make something better" option, so my idea is to use the middle-ground of Semi-Autonomous to accomplish that.

I'm trusting @grimely to not be giving us literal trap options right out of the gate like that.

Back