A Certain Scientific XCOM Project

I'm fine with using Radio Noise. There's still close to 10,000 of them running around, they're owned by academy city... Honestly, this is one of the better things they could have ended up being used for. At least we can help them.

Also, Level Upper means we might get them to Level 4 at some point, and that's bullshit.

Oh, I'm not arguing against their usefulness. From a practical point of view, this is indeed perfect. I mean, trained operatives with the ability to share experience, used to wielding weaponry and endure physical trauma, close to fearless, and all with decent esper abilities? I WISH I had that during my X-COM runs. It's just...

this is one of the better things they could have ended up being used for

Thinking of people as things to be used is very... Kihara-like.

Now, I'm not suggesting to tell them to go home, and we'll make do with some scrubs from Anti-Skill or something like that. We'll make do with what we have, and what we have is actually really good. But I think we can all agree to do our best to keep the casualties to a minimum, aye?

But I think we can all agree to do our best to keep the casualties to a minimum, aye?
*Shrug* Its XCOM. I mean that in the sense in that you always want to keep as many recruits as possible alive and that some are inevitably going to die.

I wasn't kidding when I said this was one of the better things the Academy could have used them for, and I mean that in terms of morality and mortality.

I think it depends on how well they process at long range. If they get good positioning data for the other squadmembers, totally, but otherwise it might even be a detriment.
Well it shouldn't be too hard to allow their goggles/whatever to share information if it is too slow already. We can probably cut out some of the equipment since they could just do it themselves? Or with it being Academy City and all, all the tech should be pretty small already.

It really shouldn't be too hard to set up an augmented reality for all them allowing them to share info if they can't already.

I wasn't kidding when I said this was one of the better things the Academy could have used them for, and I mean that in terms of morality and mortality.

There's nothing moral about it. In an ideal world, Academy City should have no say in how they live and die.

Now, it's not an ideal world, and they seem to have somewhat volunteered, so I'll put aside my self-righteousness.

Hey guys, how incompetent are the local law enforcement?

Not sure, but their morale is probably at an all-time low, at the very least. Anti-Skill was given the task of maintaining security among super-powered teenagers, and keeps failing miserably at that, because, you know, super-powered teenagers. Judgement can get better results (using said super powered teenagers to begin with), but it greatly varies : not all branches have a Kuroko or a Gunha as an enforcer.

In theory, I suppose Anti-Skill is not worse (and maybe even better, since Academy City should have fun toys for them to play with) than most police forces, but there are training issues (part-time cops, part-time teachers), and the fact that they're routinely ordered into situations they really cannot handle (when Judgement is in theory used to prevent petty vandalism and the like, allowing them a reasonable success rate, with the occasional branch punching way above their weight)

Last edited:
Well it shouldn't be too hard to allow their goggles/whatever to share information if it is too slow already. We can probably cut out some of the equipment since they could just do it themselves? Or with it being Academy City and all, all the tech should be pretty small already.

It really shouldn't be too hard to set up an augmented reality for all them allowing them to share info if they can't already.
I meant - actually, nevermind. I see your point now. I just suspect that we'd need better map data than we have at the moment.
EDIT: Priority One
[X] Back at HQ
-[X] Someone pull up maps of the bank now.

Last edited:
There's nothing moral about it. In an ideal world, Academy City should have no say in how they live and die.

Now, it's not an ideal world, and they seem to have somewhat volunteered, so I'll put aside my self-righteousness.
That explains it, you're looking at absolutes. What they should be able to do as human beings.

I'm looking at it in terms of relativity. What they could have/would likely have been made to do versus what they are doing. Including the, for all intents and purposes, zero chance they ever had to live like people. Crowley still had plans for them after all.

I'm not saying you're wrong to be like that or anything, but that was never really an option for them from the beginning.
I meant - actually, nevermind. I see your point now. I just suspect that we'd need better map data than we have at the moment.
If you're talking about environmental obstacles, then it shouldn't be too hard to make to AR grid-line all of that, and probably shade it a bit to show what's an object and what isn't. As well as how many things are between them and their target, so that they don't try shooting through five walls to hit someone when there's only one shaded object in their way they can see.

Theoretically we could even set it up so they can see where the other sister's are aiming and such as well.

Well here's what I got.

[Q] MISAKA 10035
-[Q] Check perimeter and look for all possible escape points.

[Q] MISAKA 10034
-[Q] Cover MISAKA 10035 as she checks all the exits

[Q] MISAKA 10033
-[Q] Continue current action but standby

[Q] MISAKA 10032
-[Q] Keep on standby

Last edited:
Well here's what I got.

[X] MISAKA 10035
-[X] Check perimeter and look for all possible escape points

That part is the one I'm a bit wary off. Checking the whole perimeter probably increases the chances of detection, and does not give us a lot of advantages. With only four operatives, we cannot do an effective encirclement, so our best bet is probably to focus on two entry points to have a flanking position. If some aliens escapes, that's the way it is. Right now, I'd rather keep risks at a minimum, and let our rookies get some actual combat experience while living to fight another day. Trying to do too much might blow up in our faces.

That part is the one I'm a bit wary off. Checking the whole perimeter probably increases the chances of detection, and does not give us a lot of advantages. With only four operatives, we cannot do an effective encirclement, so our best bet is probably to focus on two entry points to have a flanking position. If some aliens escapes, that's the way it is. Right now, I'd rather keep risks at a minimum, and let our rookies get some actual combat experience while living to fight another day. Trying to do too much might blow up in our faces.

Hmmm... good point...

Now I just remembered that one scene from XCOM Enemy unknown where you had one dude left.

Well here's what I got.

[X] MISAKA 10035
-[X] Check perimeter and look for all possible escape points.

[X] MISAKA 10034
-[X] Cover MISAKA 10035 as she checks all the exits

[X] MISAKA 10033
-[X] Continue current action but standby

[X] MISAKA 10032
-[X] Keep on standby
Well, there goes the 'plan everything, ask @Skarmory questions until we're satisfied' phase.
Editing last post.

is likely as good as we're going to get without a map ha.

If you're talking about environmental obstacles, then it shouldn't be too hard to make to AR grid-line all of that, and probably shade it a bit to show what's an object and what isn't. As well as how many things are between them and their target, so that they don't try shooting through five walls to hit someone when there's only one shaded object in their way they can see.

Theoretically we could even set it up so they can see where the other sister's are aiming and such as well.

Since there have been several requests for maps, I'll try to see if I can do them consistently. It definitely provides a lot of value for a quest like this, but I need to come up with a way to handle it efficiently.

Also... You know, EM control defends against a lot of projectiles everyone uses. Like, getting them armor for anything other than their back might actually be detrimental. We just need to drill that defense into them. It doesn't have to be perfect either, just enough to push it off to the side or something.

Hmm...wait doesn't their mental connection means all the clones have squad sight?

And improved aim. I think they could use their EM control to help them hold their guns, maybe? Recoil is a little fast... maybe a boosted chance for getting more aim every rank up? I.E. getting used to their guns and how they kick and so are better able to work with it both physically and EM wise.

These are all legitimate possibilities for improving the MISAKA class's abilities. Similar to XCOM, though, you'll have to make choices as to which course of development you would prefer. Electrical, magnetic, and more standard combat abilities like Run and Gun and In the Zone will all be on the table (though admittedly not right from the start.

Since there have been several requests for maps, I'll try to see if I can do them consistently. It definitely provides a lot of value for a quest like this, but I need to come up with a way to handle it efficiently.
Oh. Oh! He meant an actual map. Whoops.

Well, XCOM uses a square grid system, right? So maybe a modified Fire Emblem map creator? Not sure how to do that though. Unless you could download it and replace the Mountian/Forest/Sand/Etc. image tiles with your own.

Lets try luring them out then...

[Q] MISAKA 10035
-[Q] Go look for cover away from the bank but still within range

[Q] MISAKA 10034
-[Q] Look for a high vantage point like a roof and overwatch

[Q] MISAKA 10033
-[Q] Continue current action but after completion go look for high cover

[Q] MISAKA 10032
-[Q] Look for cover and keep on standby

The plan is the use the breaching charge to trick them and get them out of the bank so we can pick them off in the open.

Last edited:
MISAKAs can use their powers to guide bullets in as well, and they can use their powers through each other to chain link up. It's not perfect unless MISAKA of MISAKA manifests though. But I doubt she would any time soon.

Lets try luring them out then...

[X] MISAKA 10035
-[X] Go look for cover away from the bank but still within range

[X] MISAKA 10034
-[X] Look for a high vantage point like a roof and overwatch

[X] MISAKA 10033
-[X] Continue current action but after completion go look for high cover

[X] MISAKA 10032
-[X] Look for cover and keep on standby

The plan is the use the breaching charge to trick them and get them out of the bank so we can pick them off in the open.
Err... As I understand it, that won't replace your old vote automatically.

Riot Voting apply for all orders given to soldiers during combat. All orders issued by players will be executed in chronological order as displayed on SV. If you would like to wait and see how the existing actions unfold before submitting more orders, you may vote [x] End Voting.
Right at the end of last update, as well as one of the earlier ones. It might even have been in the intro.

Back