A Certain Scientific XCOM Project

Or we could forcibly over-ride the shutters from one of the pillars around it as well. Just go for the wiring on that end.

Until Eletronics Override is a listed ability, I doubt we're going to get to do it.

Nothing is ever 1:1 in a crossover and then gamification.

While this quest does have some mechanics, I'm not going to be super, super strict for it. If you write in something simple that a low level MISAKA should logically be able to do with her powers but isn't on your action list, I'll roll for it instead of telling you no outright.

Can the charges be detonated remotely and at the same time?

The charges are triggered via electricity, so you can trigger them with a MISAKA so long as one of them has line of sight. When you get soldiers other than MISAKAs, you'll have to use a regular detonator. As for simultaneous detonation, well, that's as simple as wiring them together.

Open the shutters, 33 and 35 as is, but have 32 plant a charge at the shutters or open it with my idea above, then 32 can also hit that small pocket on the right and 34 has that much more area to shoot at.

Anyone got more suggestions?
Its all I got. Two people at each entrance is about the max you want so that they can shoot around the corner. We could have 3 at the front really, but with the size of the area they can hit reliably that's too many for that section. And sending only one to the left is just a bad idea.

33 and 35 should be careful in case someone slips out the backdoor to flank them though. Same for 32 on the right side, but 34 should see that coming if barely.

Open the shutters, 33 and 35 as is, but have 32 plant a charge at the shutters or open it with my idea above, then 32 can also hit that small pocket on the right and 34 has that much more area to shoot at.

[X] MISAKA 10035
-[X] Follow 10033 and provide back up, also look for breaker and prepare to open shutters.

[X] MISAKA 10034
-[X] Continue overwatch

[X] MISAKA 10033
-[X] Sneak using cover and get to the left side of the building and place breach charges

[X]] MISAKA 10032
-[X] Stay and keep on stand by

More of a prep vote really.

Academy City cut the power to the surrounding area to protect the power system from any electrical surges you might cause, so the security cameras are currently disabled. That might not be the case for all missions, but it is for this one.
Do we a have any recent footage to give us an idea of the furniture? Something like "full of filing cabinets", "mostly open, but with cubicles for cover", or "desks combine to make a really nasty chokepoint", for example.

Do we a have any recent footage to give us an idea of the furniture? Something like "full of filing cabinets", "mostly open, but with cubicles for cover", or "desks combine to make a really nasty chokepoint", for example.

Ever since Tree Diagram was destroyed, Academy City doesn't have the computing capacity to save the footage from every security camera at once.

Also, wouldn't it be a little too easy if we gave you the location of every alien before you went in?

And finally, I'm a lazy GM who didn't want to draw all the furniture, because none of it will obstruct the sightlines from the doors when you breach. I'll fill some in next update.

[X] MISAKA 10033
-[X] Sneak using cover and get to the left side of the building and place breach charges

The only change I'd made is adding "place first breach charge near the shutter", then continuing the plan. Since any MISAKA can activate them, we can double blast for maximum confusion and dynamic entry.

This of course assumes one charge is enough to breach the left wall. If not, forget I said anything.

Apparently, there'll be an option to use their genetic material at some point. Not sure how efficient it would be, though ; only MISAKI would have a working network, and we'd be back at zero in term of conditioning. And the downgrade in abilities from cloning make it a bit less attractive.

Maybe achieving multi-skill on the MISAKA would work better? After all, Kiyama did manage to do that for herself...

Apparently, there'll be an option to use their genetic material at some point. Not sure how efficient it would be, though ; only MISAKI would have a working network, and we'd be back at zero in term of conditioning. And the downgrade in abilities from cloning make it a bit less attractive.

Maybe achieving multi-skill on the MISAKA would work better? After all, Kiyama did manage to do that for herself...
We should make sure that we don't make that pychic baby then.

By the way, can we use the same cloning machines and make KUROKO, MISAKI and you're insane enough, ACCELERATOR.
ACCEL-chan :V wouldn't be as useful power wise I think. Two level drops leaves them with... less than stellar applications. Although if they can still do the reverse blood-flow trick then that's something nasty to have. But what I'm really interested in is Accelerator's brain, the one that got compared to a super-computer.

And we have Level Upper, which let's people's minds get linked together, if we can use that safely than we probably get a level boost across the board from sheer processing power available to the Espers.

KUROKO would mainly... okay, she'd be a hell a useful even at level 3 abilities. Level 2 is a bit iffy, depends on what they lose. Teleporting other stuff is her most useful application, just make her carry all the extra ammo and explosives. :p

Well, if MISAKA WORST is any indication, they can indeed use a Railgun when sufficiently boosted. So, with level upper, that's certainly on the table.

Back