Witches and Giants: A NorseQuest Riot Fangame

[X] Astmund Star-Eyed Mid-Winter 1 Action
-[X] Major Action: Astmund will set Self, Sight, and Sons to investigate the mysteries of Kyrksangr Vanishing.
-[x] Astmund's Sons(Adventure-Bleeding Edge): Support the above

If that's unreasonable or going to screw you over, I'll let you edit in some Early Winter actions, this one time.
I think Astmund was gonna rearrange his slightly. @OneArmedYeti you were gonna do two fishing actions in the Early Winter if this was the case weren't you?

Yeah, I was worried about this panning out with the timing.

If it's possible to do a second action Early Winter I'd like to, my issue is that I was planning on eating the T3 food from my action so only have 1 minor until the action resolves and I can eat the T3. If I can eat 2 food a Season, I'll eat my leftover T1 sheepsmilk from Summer and then take a second Minor Fishing Early Winter and eat the T3 now for a third action Late Winter, otherwise we'll just chalk it up to lessons learned.

Hmmm... Wonder what stuff the Merchant has...

In a more dire side note, there's no issue from the Jarl with Merchants that visits the Faroes in particular right? o_O?

Kijjie Sailshirt's Shop; Winter 1 New
The Winter Trader Arrives:

Kijjie Sailshirt sails into Finningur's harbor and docks his trading ship. All are welcome on board to view the good arrayed on the deck but the presence of stern-faced mercenaries makes clear that the welcome only extends so far. Kijjie himself stands in sharp counterpoint to his dour guards. He is near seven feet tall and packed with dense muscles. The crisp, white sheet-like material wrapped around him in a foreign manner does little to conceal his impressive frame. A perpetual wind rustles his thick brown hair and beard.

Entering onto Kijjie's ship, you see the eclectic leavings of his trading voyages from Hedeby and across northern Europe. He has few stops left besides Finningur and the pickings are slightly thin. He tries to make a good showing despite this. The wares are laid out under glistening white clothes, presumably a preserved affectation to keep customers cool in hotter climes which is completely unnecessary in the Faroese Winter.

In addition to his wares, Kijjie has news of the wider world. Harald Fairhair's conquest continues apace. The Magyars have joined in the sac of Italy. A Caliphate is rising in the East. Alfred the Ill finally died. Such things. He also has two specific rumors, perhaps of interest to enterprising Norsemen.

Built to Last: Among the many interesting objects that Kijjie has for sale, there is one of particular note: a treasure map. Kijjie claims the maps to have come into his hands by way of a Steel-scarred Varangian whom he befriended in Hedeby. Aside from this point, the map's history is unclear. In some tellings, the Varangian drew it based on the mad ramblings of a beggar in Constantinople, claiming to be the Oracle of Delphi reborn; in others, it was the only possession, alongside an Eitr-poisoned dagger, found on the body of an Imperial assassin. Regardless, Kijjie is not willing to part with the map for less than three ounces of gold.

Lost in Transit: Kijjie Sailshirt makes it known that a merchant contact of his believes that one of their fine goods has gone astray and might be somewhere on the Faroes. Kijjie is cagey about who this contact is, what was lost, how it arrived, or any other details. However, he insists that anyone who goes looking for the cargo will know it when they see it. If anyone manages to return the cargo to him alive, they will be rewarded beyond their wildest dreams.

Kijjie's Shop
1 unit of Tier 3 Wood:
14 oz. silver
4 units of Tier 2 Food: 4 oz. silver each
3 units of Tier 2 Stone: 5 oz. silver each
2 Units of Tier 3 Clay: 13 oz. silver each
3 Tier 2 Wood Shields: 9 oz. silver each
5 sets of Tier 1 Cloth Armor: 2 oz. silver each
6 Tier 1 Weapons (Swords, Axes, and Spears): 3 oz. silver each
6 pieces of Tier 2 Jewelry: 13 oz. silver each
1 sets of Tier 2 Tools (various kinds): 9 oz. silver each
1 Marble Statue Torso: make him an offer
1 Tier 4 Horse: make him an offer
1 Locked Coffer Covered in Unfamiliar Runes: make him an offer
-Traded to Orm Iverrson. Ring as collateral. Item delivered next year.
[Other items may be available, upon request, and depending on your luck roll]

Kijjie understands that most Faroese do not have hard coinage and is willing to accept materials and finished goods in barter. He is a merchant, however, and must make a profit. He generally buys equivalent things at a lower price than he sells them, adjusted upwards based on the seller's Social Skills. Kijjie is also willing to extend credit to characters with high Social Skills and wait for repayment (with interest) until after Major Actions are completed.

Kijjie, for someone with 0 Social Skills, generally values Tier 1 Wool at 1 oz. silver; Tier 2 Wool at 2 oz. silver, and Tier 3 Wool at 6 oz. silver.

Last edited:
Built to Last: Among the many interesting objects that Kijjie has for sale, there is one of particular note: a treasure map. Kijjie claims the maps to have come into his hands by way of a Steel-scarred Varangian whom he befriended in Hedeby. Aside from this point, the map's history is unclear. In some tellings, the Varangian drew it based on the mad ramblings of a beggar in Constantinople, claiming to be the Oracle of Delphi reborn; in others, it was the only possession, alongside an Eitr-poisoned dagger, found on the body of an Imperial assassin. Regardless, Kijjie is not willing to part with the map for less than three ounces of gold.
Is that dagger a one use item? Or does the poison stick around?

[X] Gyda Dahlberg Mid-Winter 1
- [X] Food Consumed: Not consuming food during Mid-Winter 1.
- [X] Major action: Gyda weaves three tapestries with different images. Her trait tier is 3, the instrument (Fylgja form) is tier 2, and the materials she uses are 1 tier 2 wool and 2 tier 3 wool. This should produce 1 tier 4 and 2 tier 5 textiles. Tier 4 tapestry depicts a high, isolated hill with steep rocky sides. The next one captures the previous season's battle with the stone monk. Alfin(@Shard) can choose the image of the final tapestry since that would be the payment for his Shapecraft service.
- [X] Fylgja major action: While in the loom form, the Fylgja guides Ordstirr along the threads and performs an Intermediate Filter Seidrcraft as Gyda weaves her Tier 4 tapestry of a rocky hill. The object now accumulates the essence of rock, forming a rough, thin outer layer when charged. Smashing it releases the stored force and temporarily raises the plot level so that the formed cliffs provide a natural defence. To recharge, provide the artefact with a unit of stone. The stone's quality impacts the height of the rise and the difficulty of climbing the cliffs.

Astrid shapeshifts 2 beauty before talking with Kijje. So Astrid's Social Skill should be 5.

Astrid walks up to Kijje and says "Hello Kijje, I came across a pack of wolves last summer and collected wolf bones and pelts from that encounter. I also have a farming plow and spare food from a successful harvest. How much silver will you part for these goods and would you be willing to trade them for either the horse or some of that jewelry. Though I admit, I am quite curious about that map I hear you have. Also, do you have anything for light kunna users, or at least general kunna usage."

Want to Sell:
T1 Wolf Bone
3x T1 Wolf Pelt
T2 Farming Plow
4x T2 Food
2x T1 Food

Want to Buy:
T4 Horse
T2 Jewelry
Treasure Map
Kunna improving items like wands

Last edited: