What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 1 hour, 19 minutes
Making calcs,we have 500 years before reaching M42

At 10 years a turn thats 50 turns

We are averaging 1 progress in a stat per turn

We have 6 stats roughly a lv 5,meaning we need 15 levels to reach tier 20

So we need around 60 levels of stat upgrades

Seems we will come short 10 levels unless investing 2 stats every 5/6 turns?

Hey, @HeroCooky , if you're still around, I have a question. Would it be possible actually to have an Andromeda serve a dual purpose as a general "Port away from Home" facility? During those periods where a formation is transitioning through a system--unless those are negated and we just spend the whole time in the Warp anyway.

What I'm trying to say is "Luxurious Crew Amenities but modified so it's basically there for any crew members on leave as part of the flotilla." Kind of a general Morale Keeping ship.

As an alternative, are the Repair Bay options complete upgrades to the Manufactory Line? Or are we just capped at Small for some reason?

Because I've got 10 more DP on the Super Andromeda here and it's already almost as perfect as it can be with our current tech. I want to expand its role, but I need to know how it would interact with the rest of the flotilla. Right now, I'm sort of leaning between it either being a transport or a logistics vessel, moving away from the Command Ship title (As we have bigger ships now that can take that role) in the process.
what about the medium repair bays? that way the fleet can be reapired while on the move?

@HeroCooky will Bochi ever learn about Checker's death?
If Bochi never bothers to look up the Active Duty/Martyr'd Brothers list of the Lamenters, then no.
Hey, @HeroCooky , is the Ghosts just the completed version of the Stealth Line, or do they all stack?
They all stack, but the Ghosts is basically the Penultimate Stealth Equipment you currently have access to.
Hey, @HeroCooky , if you're still around, I have a question. Would it be possible actually to have an Andromeda serve a dual purpose as a general "Port away from Home" facility?
If you are talking about repairs, re-supply of munitions or fresh produce grown within an Andromeda, certainly! If you are talking about
["Luxurious Crew Amenities but modified so it's basically there for any crew members on leave as part of the flotilla."] then no. Ferrying thousands of crew members around during a system-transfer would be a logistical nightmare, and the confusion that such would create during any ambush would be a death-sentence to any ship that now has to fight with critical crew missing alongside suddenly the utter confusion that would occur because of that.
Alectai said:
As an alternative, are the Repair Bay options complete upgrades to the Manufactory Line? Or are we just capped at Small for some reason?
You are capped because you do not have ships large enough to think about designing Medium+ Manufactories yet. Think about adding a 200k laborers working a mine+smelter+factory+logistics module to a ship.

If Bochi never bothers to look up the Active Duty/Martyr'd Brothers list of the Lamenters, then no.

They all stack, but the Ghosts is basically the Penultimate Stealth Equipment you currently have access to.

If you are talking about repairs, re-supply of munitions or fresh produce grown within an Andromeda, certainly! If you are talking about
["Luxurious Crew Amenities but modified so it's basically there for any crew members on leave as part of the flotilla."] then no. Ferrying thousands of crew members around during a system-transfer would be a logistical nightmare, and the confusion that such would create during any ambush would be a death-sentence to any ship that now has to fight with critical crew missing alongside suddenly the utter confusion that would occur because of that.

You are capped because you do not have ships large enough to think about designing Medium+ Manufactories yet. Think about adding a 200k laborers working a mine+smelter+factory+logistics module to a ship.

Yeeeesh.

Okay, good to know.

Okay, yeah, we don't have the tech yet to make them major logistical assets, and we can't really make them major fleet morale boosters. Are there any components we have access to that can help outside the Andromeda? Or should we just take this as an opportunity to give it some teeth to protect itself with--or alternately, the 10 DP Stealth option to make it nigh invisible?

Because I'm looking at making them double as troop carriers and it just... Doesn't work. An Andromeda is too precious to risk sitting in orbit and giving support. It's not fast enough to get away from a kill squad of interceptors either.

Last edited:

So what, you're saying that if we start building battleships we can make a ship that can build smaller ships? Or would that be a dreadnought?

Would it be possible for us to make something on the scale of a craftworld one day? Or to reach close to what humanity was in the DAoT?

More important, how long would it take to research/build?

Completely separately, what does Psytech Foundings give us? The theory of Psytech? Ideas for basic Psytech? Just figuring out how to do it safely?

Big question, how difficult would it be to make something to take the Psyker backlash of the Choirs using their powers in a fight? Doesn't matter if it breaks after one use, if we can build it in the first place we can replace it even if we need to put the ship in dry dock to do it.

I'll even settle for "incapacitating the Choir for the battle but not risking their deaths" in terms of buffer.

Obviously this needs to be done without harvesting the brains of forsaken children or whatever comically evil method that people usually use in 40k, which makes things harder.

Last edited:
Okay, yeah, we don't have the tech yet to make them major logistical assets, and we can't really make them major fleet morale boosters. Are there any components we have access to that can help outside the Andromeda? Or should we just take this as an opportunity to give it some teeth to protect itself with--or alternately, the 10 DP Stealth option to make it nigh invisible?
I'm curious why you're not considering the Large Repair Bay?
Large Repair Bay - A serious dedication to the repair of ships, these massive bays can unfold from their mother-ship to aid damaged vessels, filled with all the machinery, equipment, personnel, and spare parts to complete uncomplicated repairs on damaged vessels on-site away from friendly shipyards. [DOCTRINE DISCOUNT - 1 DP Reduced]
Seems about perfect to make the Andromeda a Mother Ship to its Task Fleet.

So what, you're saying that if we start building battleships we can make a ship that can build smaller ships? Or would that be a dreadnought?

Would it be possible for us to make something on the scale of a craftworld one day? Or to reach close to what humanity was in the DAoT?

More important, how long would it take to research/build?

Completely separately, what does Psytech Foundings give us? The theory of Psytech? Ideas for basic Psytech? Just figuring out how to do it safely?

Big question, how difficult would it be to make something to take the Psyker backlash of the Choirs using their powers in a fight? Doesn't matter if it breaks after one use, if we can build it in the first place we can replace it even if we need to put the ship in dry dock to do it.

I'll even settle for "incapacitating the Choir for the battle but not risking their deaths" in terms of buffer.

Obviously this needs to be done without harvesting the brains of forsaken children or whatever comically evil method that people usually use in 40k, which makes things harder.
In order;
No. Small Manufactory makes munitions for your ships. Medium can, like, build Tank Regiments and them pivot over to replenishing a carriers fighter complement.

Yes, but not in the scale of this Quest.

Several IRL Weeks dedicated to doing it.

Psytech Founding allows your people to understand that Psytech exists in the first place, not as a replicable phenomenon, but as a scientific and Psykana discipline.

That sounds like Psytech. Wonder if there is some way to get that?

In order;
No. Small Manufactory makes munitions for your ships. Medium can, like, build Tank Regiments and them pivot over to replenishing a carriers fighter complement.

Several IRL Weeks dedicated to doing it.

Psytech Founding allows your people to understand that Psytech exists in the first place, not as a replicable phenomenon, but as a scientific and Psykana discipline.

That sounds like Psytech. Wonder if there is some way to get that?

It does occur to me that even in the DAoT, understanding of Psytech was pretty garbage. Are we able to surpass them in that one field alone? At least hypotheticalyl?

Mmm.

Anyway, I've been thinking on it, and yeah, the more I think on it, the more I realize there's just... No point to a Super Andromeda.

The current model can already do everything we need it to do, and any further shit is just outside the scope of its weight class and its mission.

Might be worth just leaving the design as is until we have better access to Psytech and can leverage the fact each one definitely has an assigned Choir.

Last edited:
scaling the size to a heavy cruiser might be worth it, but yes, BB scale is not that attractive for a guide ship if only because those are torpedo magnets

Psy-Tech could eventually upgrade the Hymn, and I have to worry what the effect of getting a Level 2 or Level 3 version of the "Choir Navigator" Song would do.

Yeah, let's save the actions for now. Andromeda vers. 1 meets all of our needs for the foreseeable future.

Super Taurus has a good niche to be covered however. And I would like to lock down Valheidem before Chaos rolls back in to steal it. And since we're locking one place in, we might as well get the Imperial Border locked in too so it can be fully developed before we need it.

Actually, @HeroCooky , is the major bottleneck right now just the Enemy being tough and impossible to grind down quickly? Or are there any major things we're lacking right now?

[X] Plan: Military Matters
-[X] [General] Research:
--[X] Directional Ion Shields
-[X] [Military] Create A [Blazing Sun - 3x War-Packs]
-[X] [Military] [Construct] A Warp Ship - [5x Taurus-Class Troopship]

[X] Plan: Progress to hurt Nurgle
-[X] [General] Begin Archive/Arsenal Inventories - [0/10]
-[X] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies (Hope, Health)
-[X] [Faith] Cathedrals of the Star Child

Alectai's plans isn't bad. But we have kinda been neglecting Psykana for a WHILE.

[X] Plan: Progress to hurt Nurgle
-[X] [Psykana] Conduct Two Melodies (Hope, Health)

Alectai's plans isn't bad. But we have kinda been neglecting Psykana for a WHILE.

Which is fair, why the Inventory then when it's going to be ages no matter what we do?

Mmm.

Anyway, I've been thinking on it, and yeah, the more I think on it, the more I realize there's just... No point to a Super Andromeda.

The current model can already do everything we need it to do, and any further shit is just outside the scope of its weight class and its mission.

Might be worth just leaving the design as is until we have better access to Psytech and can leverage the fact each one definitely has an assigned Choir.

im happy you are the one designing the ships for us

The navy has told us that we'll need a bunch more Andromedas once the current unpleasantness is over. I think we'll want an upgraded design ready before we build them.

[X] Plan: Arsenal of the Faith
-[X] [Military] Design A New Voidship Class - [Light Cruiser]
--[X] Andromeda-Secundus (Andromeda-S) Class Command Ship

Andromeda-Secundus (Andromeda-S) Class Command Ship

-Length - 3.800 Meters (-1 DP)
-Width - 400 Meters
-Acceleration - 4 Gravities
-Armor - Thin Double Hull
-Shields - Two Arrays
-Weapons - 2x Medium Bomber Hangars/1x Medium Fighter Hangar (Total: 48 Bombers and 72 Fighters) (-3 DP)
-Equipment - Veteran Pilot Genelines/Strict Pilot Training/Superior Gravimetric Engine Calculations/Enhanced Supply Generation/Armored Lifepods/Armored Bridges/Ship Shrines/Enhanced Strategium/Hymns of the Machines (-20 DP)

Voting will open in 1 hour, 19 minutes
Back