What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 5 hours, 21 minutes
@Alectai Can you PM me the details so I can go over them and perhaps make some suggestions?

@One Autumn Leaf Not without some serious Fleet expansion going in tandem we aren't. We don't have enough ships as it is.

I'll have a draft when it matters, but I am not going to advocate a complete reorganization of everything when we still need to implement our top end designs, and don't even know completely what they'll look like yet.

Alright. Did you like my action's fluff at least? The names specifically.

It's okay, but again, I don't want to commit to anything when so much is still in the air, you know?

Please wait until the situation matures a bit more before hammering the drum of "Our fleet needs to be reorganized immediately". There is one on deck, we just don't have the information yet to determine what the final lego brick is going to look like.

Last edited:
We are gonna have to go hard. Every turn a new colony is not off the table
Something that may be worth considering in the future is probably figuring out an auto-colonization write-in, because at the scale we operate in before even merging with Shipwright's Grove I feel spending an AP for 4 planets feels rough.

But with Ships having manufactories and arboretums and such, it might not be a bad idea to have a dedicated colonization / terraforming fleet in the background if we ever have the time to do so

It's okay, but again, I don't want to commit to anything when so much is still in the air, you know?

Please wait until the situation matures a bit more before hammering the drum of "Our fleet needs to be reorganized immediately". There is one on deck, we just don't have the information yet to determine what the final lego brick is going to look like.
I think we'll need to redesign most of our order of battle in some way or another. The necron tech is probably going to provide parts that can improve almost everything significantly, from the Crux to the Leo.

So yeah - the Virgo is great, along with a GC compliment. But we should also plan to redesign most of the SBG ships so that we can refit them. We need to design the main line of everything, not the specialty.

I think I see what you're getting at with the OOB idea, but it depends on how the fleet-building changes as we expand. I expect something like where we get "fleet points" and design fleets to fit within them.

[X] Plan: The Grand Breakthrough - All Necron Tech version

-[X] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out (How do we solve what is wrong with the Do Not Enter System?) (48 AP)

I'm mostly ok with this plan, but is asking the Star Child about the Do Not Enter System worthwhile when we have outstanding expeditions to do?

[] [Military] The Ancient's [Bone-Mender Temple/Jubilant Den] - (Write-In Military Forces)
Hippity Hoppity has revealed to us a site where technology, rites, knowledge, or culture of the Ancients yet remain...if not how intact. It is far away from our borders, and thus the fleet sent there to uncover the truth must be guarded.
(Gain: One plundered Ancient Site.)

It just seems like this might be the last turn we get where our military isn't significantly committed to fighting our enemies, and thus the last, best chance to explore at least one of them.

Especially when considering the possibility we could get either a "don't know" or an impractically expensive solution as an answer.

I'm mostly ok with this plan, but is asking the Star Child about the Do Not Enter System worthwhile when we have outstanding expeditions to do?

It just seems like this might be the last turn we get where our military isn't significantly committed to fighting our enemies, and thus the last, best chance to explore at least one of them.

Especially when considering the possibility we could get either a "don't know" or an impractically expensive solution as an answer.
That's fair, and ultimately I don't want to change it this late in the vote.

But the two reasons I think this action is better right now are:
1. We're going to integrate the Lords of Eternity and try to integrate the Watchtower Confederacy. Then that system kind of splits us in half. Yes unstable jumps but that's not a good solution in the medium-term. To say nothing of the potential long-term danger of leaving it there.
2. We get bonuses to the number of military actions we can perform in a turn from Heartbeat of Industry where 2 military actions turn to 3. That means we'll probably be doing a number of 3-action military turns +1 of something else, some of which might need to fill gaps - which the expeditions can do nicely in a way that the faith action of asking about Do Not Enter cannot.

Vote closed New
Scheduled vote count started by HeroCooky on Oct 26, 2024 at 12:21 PM, finished with 59 posts and 24 votes.

• [X] Plan: The Grand Breakthrough - All Necron Tech version
    -[X] [Psykana] Sing a Symphony (Applies to Wealth of Labor actions!) (Turn action 1)
    --[X] Grand Design
    -[X] [General] Research:
    --[X] Titan Manufactorum Rationalization (0/2) (1 AP, Free AP, .35 overflow)
    --[X] Warcasket Prototypes (1/2) (2 AP, .95 Overflow)
    --[X] Primitive Gravity-Weaponization Theory (3 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Universally Effective Common Cold Vaccine (0/1) (Free AP, .55 Overflow)
    --[X] Green Ship Teleportarium Insights? (1/4) (5 AP, Free AP, .75 Overflow
    --[X] Green Ship Alloying Insights? (1/4) (7 AP, Free AP, 1.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Green Ship Structural Insights? (0/4) (10 AP, Free AP, 2.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Green Ship Power-System Insights? (0/4) (12 AP, 2 Free AP, 1.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Green Ship Inertia Compensation Insights? (0/4) (14 AP, 2 Free AP, .75 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Scout Automata (0/1) (15 AP, 1.35 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Line Automata (0/1) (Free AP, .35 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Heavy Automata (0/1) (16 AP, .95 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Super-Heavy Automata (0/1) (17 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Void Automata (0/1) (Free AP, .55 Overflow)
    --[X] Wetware Civilian Automata (0/1) (18 AP, 1.15 Overflow)
    --[X] Novel + Experimental Infantry-Grade Weapons and Armor Development II (0/1) (Free AP, .15 Overflow)
    --[X] Logistical Infantry-Grade Weapons Development II (0/1) (19 AP, .75 Overflow)
    --[X] Logicstical Infantry-Grade Armor Development II (0/1) (20 AP, 1.35 Overflow)
    --[X] Ship Equipment Standardization - [2 DP Equipment - Superior Gravimetric Engine Calculations] (1/3) (21 AP, Free AP, .85 Overflow)
    --[X] Shipyard Automatization III (1/2) (22 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
    --[X] Long-Range Atevrian Sightlense (0/2) (23 AP, Free AP, 1.15 Overflow)
    --[X] Silent Shimmershroud (0/2) (24 AP, Free AP, .75 Overflow)
    --[X] Ears of Hare Bnuy (1/2) (25 AP), 1.35 Overflow)
    --[X] Twisted Knotted Vinelloy (0/2) (26 AP, Free AP, .95 Overflow)
    --[X] Newly Improved Psyker Staves (2/5) (28 AP, Free AP, 1.15 Overflow)
    --[X] Newly Improved Psychic Hoods (0/5) (31 AP, 2 Free AP, .95 Overflow)
    --[X] Follow-up Green Ship studies (43 AP, 8 free AP, 0.15 overflow) Spending 20 AP on continuing the Necron tech tree. Any overflow goes to Automatization.
    -[X] [Psykana] Warp Observatory (1/3) x2 (45 AP)
    -[X] [Psykana] Sing two Songs (46 AP)
    --[X] PROMETHEAN GAZE - Fire III, Sun V, Star, Death I, Silence III
    --[X] There Are No Maladies We Cannot Overcome - Compassion I, Hope IIII, Health I, Death I, Justice I
    -[X] [Psykana] Sing Six melodies (47 AP)
    --[X] Compassion II, Death II, Justice II, Health II, Innovation II, Wisdom II (to upgrade Promethan Gaze, There are no Maladies and Class is in session to level II)
    -[X] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out (How do we solve what is wrong with the Do Not Enter System?) (48 AP)
    -[X] [Free][Psykana] Fully activate The Devouring Mechadendrite & Foretold Luminous Paths Seen, spare choirs into Hiss of the Steam Valves while leaving 50 free. (Does not apply to wealth of labor actions, only to turn actions to give us + 1 mechadendrite AP.)
    -[X] [General] Ministry of Subversion, Infiltration, and Interstellar Communication
    --[X] [Write-in] The Black Cat Buyout (49 AP)
    ---[X] We have been infiltrating the Black Cat Company for centuries, and now wish to use the influence we have aquired and the wealth we can offer to buy them out permanently so they join the Glimmerling Federation in perpetuity.
    ---[X] We will of course share our high quality of life with all of their members, including jeuvenat access to their high admiralty.
    --[X] [Write-in] Invitation for the Lords of Eternity to join the Glimmerling Federation. (50 AP)
    ---[X] We have been steadfast allies and trading partners for hundreds of years, since the extermination of the Valen. Let there be no further separation between our people, that we may share our medical care, our civilian quality of life, our institutions of psykana and our long lives with them, and have the Lords of Eternity forever join the Glimmerling Federation.
    --[X] Formal Exchange Of Diplomatic Contacts With The Clans Who Live Here (Turn action 2, general action to proc mechadendrite)
    --[X] [Free] [Write-in] Favorable trade with Iconoclast Factions in the van Zandt Duchy
    ---[X] We have been in diplomatc contact with the van Zandt duchy ever since the treaty that ended our war, but only recently started trading with them. We can now exert some amount of soft power over them by giving favorable trading terms to the iconoclast factions within the Duchy that align most similarly with our own ethos.
    --[X] ISC Access - (Watchtower Confederacy) (Turn action 3, general action to proc mechadendrite)
    --[X] [Write-in] Preaching & Propaganda across the Watchtower Confederacy (Mechadendrite AP)
    ---[X] Using our ISC penetrance, spread the faith of the Star Child across the Watchtower Confederacy, preaching of Their virtues and the strength of the faith in the five-fold path. We've got faith orders, mobilize them for this.
    ---[X] Using our ISC penetrance, create and distribute propaganda about how amazing the Glimmerling Federation is, how excellent our quality of life is, how long people live, how incredible our technology is, how amazing our Titans are, and wouldn't it be amazing to join us?
    [X] Plan: The Great Breakthrough - All Necron Tech version
    [X] Neabilis
Locking this shit in because I am not losing another two hours of progress because somebody changes their mind.

LESSSGOOOOO

That being said, I think it's pretty clear that nobody's going to change their mind at this point?

Last edited:
Voting will open in 5 hours, 21 minutes
Back