Star Dynasties/ Eon Wars

House Daybreaker action:
[X] Build
-[X] Bio Facility (2R)
[X] Hero Action
-[X] Captain Olphfang is directed to look for suitably skilled personnel and ferocious species for the Bio Chambers
[X] Diplomacy Action
-[X] Attend the Grand Ball
The Daybreaker representative is looking for any intel on House Delapierre
(1 R's left over)

Looks like I mistyped the house name my 2nd action post, so I'll have the house officially called Daybreaker.

Edit: Changed birth chambers to Bio Facility, I had them mixed up.

Last edited:
Actions House O'Rourik

Claims to nobility for House O'Rourik stretch back into the dark days of ancient terra. More level headed historians note that while clans of that name appear at various junctures there is no proof of a direct bloodline.

The most recent incarnation climbed the ladder of chaos to dominate legal trades flows in and out of the sol system. Yokels with sharp pencils, fops beware.

[X] Build
-[X]Defense Grid (4R) (protects your holdings)
-[X] Industry source (2R) (generates 1 R a turn)
[X] Diplomacy Action
-[X] show proper disdane to our Terran rivals through constant jocularity

Joining in,

House Terang-Bulan
(R at turn start: 2)

[x] Build
- [x] Industry source (2R) (generates 1 R a turn)
(If I can specify what industry: agriculture and related processing facilities)

(Remaining R: 0)
Alturangga threw 1 30-faced dice. Total: 9
9 9

Monitor Report 3
[X] Build

von Aerner Reserves: 1R
House Zion action

[X] House Zion's budget (5 R's)
[X] Build
-[X] Industy Source
[X] Build
-[X] Robotic Facility
[X] Diplomacy Action

Left: (0 R's)
House Terra's actions.
[x] Train (Training Facilities)
-[x] -Infantry Corp 1(r)
-[x]-Infantry Corp 1(r)

soon.. soon the first of the forces would be ready. We will begin to reclaim what is rightfully ours, and return to our home...
Actions House O'Rourik

Claims to nobility for House O'Rourik stretch back into the dark days of ancient terra. More level headed historians note that while clans of that name appear at various junctures there is no proof of a direct bloodline.

The most recent incarnation climbed the ladder of chaos to dominate legal trades flows in and out of the sol system. Yokels with sharp pencils, fops beware.

[X] Build
-[X]Defense Grid (4R) (protects your holdings)
[X] Diplomacy Action
Joining in,

House Terang-Bulan

[x] Build
(If I can specify what industry: agriculture and related processing facilities)

Monitor Report #3 of the Orion's Arm conflict <Free Coalition>

Latest Reports indicate that the lesser Houses are consolidating the vast economies of the Former Actrucus territories. This has done little to stabilize the markets internally, but neighboring sector Lending Houses have begun reopening Estate Credit to the Orion's Arm sector.

House von Aerner has gained control over the local Shipping Routes in the 21st system <1 (r) per turn>

House Zion has gained control of the local Foundries in the 5th system <1 (r) per turn> as well as establishing Robotics Facilities <See Unit Options below>

House Terra has recruited two units of Infantry in the 2nd System <see intel photo>

House Daybreaker built Birth Chambers in system 27

House O'Rourik has gained control of the Finance Guilds in System 1 <1(r) per turn>. They have also begun construction of a Defense Grid on the planets they hold

House Terang-Bulan has sprung up in the 9th System and seized control of the Agriculture Guilds <1 (r) per turn>

All House have earned 1(R) from every industry they have, as well as 2(R) from their patron Houses if they are still on their first 2 turns.

[] Build (List restricted to 4 R items and less)
-Industry source (2R) (generates 1 R a turn)
-Training Facility (2R) (allows you to train soldiers)
-Birth Chambers (2R) (allows you to grow troopers)
-Bio Facility (2R) (allows you to grow xeno warriors)
-Robotics Facility (3R) (allows you to make mechanical warriors)
-Order Head-Quarters (3R) (allows you to recruit and train space wizard knights)
-Witch Spires (3R) (allows you to hire practitioners of the dark arts)
-Factory (4R) (allows you to construct mobile armor)
-Bio Complex (4R) (allows you to grow large, powerful xenos)
-Defense Grid (4R) (protects your holdings)

[] Hire Mercenary Force (List restricted to 4 R items and less)
-Mercenary Corps (2R) (specify type if you want, its an infantry warband)
-Elite Mercenary Unit (3R)

[] Send Forces
(Specify Number)

[] Hero Action
(No hero actions necessary)

[] Industry Action (requires Established Industry)

[] Diplomacy Action

[] Train (Training Facilities)
-Infantry Corp 1(r)
-Special Forces 2(r)
-Special (requires research)

[] Create (Robotics Facility)
-Mechanized Infantry 2(r)
-Warbots 3(r)

[] Grow (Birth Chambers)
-Troopers 1(r)
-Commandos 2(r)

A Noble Ball is taking place in System 4, hosted by House Falkhausen and attended by House Zion, House O'Rourik, House Terang-Bulan, as well as representatives from House Malafax and House Galafrey. Players in attendance may make Trade Deals that generate 1(r) between them each turn. However, the Deals are vulnerable to raiding, so protect them as best you can.

Houses may also enter into a Noble Union, uniting the two houses through a carefully orchestrated genetic pairing, or marriage.

Indicate Trade Deals annd Noble Unions through the Diplomacy action.

House Zion actions
[X] Budget (3 R's )
[X]Create
-[X]Mechanized infantry
[X] Industry Action
-[X] Use your Mining Guilds to mine metals exclusively for your Foundries in order to shape it and produce engines, machine components , infrastructure components and various other metal consumer products for your system market and hopefully wider market to consume.
-
Left (1 R's)

Last edited:
Are you referring to me or are you referring to Terrans as in the house from Sol? :V

@Lop By the way, since we're growing so large. Isn't household sheets necessary for each player? You know to keep track of how many infrastructures they built and how many troops they've got. Preferably now before it gets too big.

Budget: 5R
[X] Build
-[X] Training Facility (-2R)
-[X] Industry Source (-2R)
Leftover : 1R

I'm kind of disappointed, I missed the last turn by mere minutes. I'm thinking turn system might be better? As in we wait for everyone to post first? I can see lots of people getting salty as they start missing something like 4 to 5 turns merely because of timezones and where a house was their equal was now pulling ahead by a lot.

All those who had chosen to participate in the banquet found themselves in a rather large hall who could fit in hundreds of people. It was rather majestic and expensive. Fitting of the aristocracy. Frederik stood at the top of the stairs where he could see all the hall in its splendor, to his right was his eldest son Heinrich and to his left was his wife, slightly behind was the full array of children Frederik had which ranged from small children, teenagers to young adults. Frederik holding a glass of wine in his hand raised it. He had made sure his servants will serve his guests as well.

"Welcome to the Falkenhausen Palace. I wish to thank you all for coming to this banquet so that we may get to know each other better. A special thanks for the Malafax and the Galafrey for dignifying us with their honorable presence at this banquet." Frederik bowed slightly to the polite, sometimes genuine applauses he got from the crowd below. His children and wife bowed as well. After the formalities were ended, Frederik's children spread themselves everywhere to socialize with people their age. Frederik and his wife Hildeguard went to greet the Malafax and Galafrey.

"A fine day to you, gentlemen," Frederik replied, a smile on his face.

"May you enjoy this food and wine we had prepared," said Hildegard warmly.

@Lop

Heinrich, meanwhile, decided to approach the house Valasar. From their general appearance and name, Heinrich could guess they were of Eastern European origins somewhat. He isn't experienced enough to tell if that was ethnically and culturally true. It hardly matters, however. He decided to approach the head of their house first, determine their abilities, goals and all before thinking of asking for the hand of his daughter. If he had one, that is.

"Welcome, Sir Valasar. I hope you are enjoying the feast before you." Heinrich said as he approached the man. Heinrich cut the perfect appearance of a handsome nobleman, he kept a stoic face that somehow managed to convey friendliness regardless.

"Forgive me for asking such impertinent questions but what are your goals? If not long-term, maybe short-term ones. We are openly looking for allies and we may find some common business opportunities." Heinrich asked simply and bluntly. The Valasar family were stationed in 061 Cygni which was rather close and thus business, trade and other such contracts would be rather easy to accomplish and offer an economical boost to both sides.

@Mask

Last edited:
Are you referring to me or are you referring to Terrans as in the house from Sol? :V

@Lop By the way, since we're growing so large. Isn't household sheets necessary for each player? You know to keep track of how many infrastructures they built and how many troops they've got. Preferably now before it gets too big.

[X] Build

I'm kind of disappointed, I missed the last turn by mere minutes. I'm thinking turn system might be better? As in we wait for everyone to post first? I can see lots of people getting salty as they start missing something like 4 to 5 turns merely because of timezones and where a house was their equal was now pulling ahead by a lot.

All those who had chosen to participate in the banquet found themselves in a rather large hall who could fit in hundreds of people. It was rather majestic and expensive. Fitting of the aristocracy. Frederik stood at the top of the stairs where he could see all the hall in its splendor, to his right was his eldest son Heinrich and to his left was his wife, slightly behind was the full array of children Frederik had which ranged from small children, teenagers to young adults. Frederik holding a glass of wine in his hand raised it. He had made sure his servants will serve his guests as well.

"Welcome to the Falkenhausen Palace. I wish to thank you all for coming to this banquet so that we may get to know each other better. A special thanks for the Malafax and the Galafrey for dignifying us with their honorable presence at this banquet." Frederik bowed slightly to the polite, sometimes genuine applauses he got from the crowd below. His children and wife bowed as well. After the formalities were ended, Frederik's children spread themselves everywhere to socialize with people their age. Frederik and his wife Hildeguard went to greet the Malafax and Galafrey.

@Lop

Heinrich, meanwhile, decided to approach the house Valasar. From their general appearance and name, Heinrich could guess they were of Eastern European origins somewhat. He isn't experienced enough to tell if that was ethnically and culturally true. It hardly matters, however. He decided to approach the head of their house first, determine their abilities, goals and all before thinking of asking for the hand of his daughter. If he had one, that is.

"Welcome, Sir Valasar. I hope you are enjoying the feast before you." Heinrich said as he approached the man. Heinrich cut the perfect appearance of a handsome nobleman, he kept a stoic face that somehow managed to convey friendliness regardless.

"Forgive me for asking such impertinent questions but what are your goals? If not long-term, maybe short-term ones. We are openly looking for allies and we may find some common business opportunities." Heinrich asked simply and bluntly. The Valasar family were stationed in 061 Cygni which was rather close and thus business, trade and other such contracts would be rather easy to accomplish and offer an economical boost to both sides.

@Mask

These are valid concerns considering posting and economies and scalability. I'm trying not to put too much emphasis on mechanics, and more on war narratives, so that missing a turn isn't a big deal, and you can just play when you can. The idea is that a person playing for 30 turns, and a person playing for 3, can both still have fun. But that might not work out in practice. I'll try and figure something out.

As far as industry and house details, I'd ask that everyone just keep their own in mind, and I'll bring up specifics when relevant.

But again, I'm open to suggestions, and if players feel strongly about readily availible stats, let me know

I don't really mind as i can simply make what i want next turn with R's that i didn't spend this turn and catch up.

House terra
[] Train (Training Facilities)
[] Infantry Corp 1(r)
[] Infantry Corp 1(r)

[] Send Forces to... (task PM'ed)

@Terran Imperium
I assume it was directed at me. who am openly hostile towards him.

"Ah, so kindly to meet you Sir Heinrich, this is a wonderful ball you have hosted, despite some of the riffraff that are attending. Still, it is good to meet up with some folks who have class. We are looking to expand into... security matters, and wish to inquire if you have any rivals that might need pruning, or assets that need protection?"

House von Aerner Budget: 3Rs (2 turns have passed for me so I have to rely upon my own industry)

[X] Build
-[X] Industry Source [Preferably a transport shipyard (partial if larger is unavailable) industry] (2Rs)

[X] Industry Action
-[X] Make use of the owned Navigator Guilds and the local Shipping Routes to facilitate and encourage trade throughout my holdings

Last edited:
Joining in,

House Louhi

[x] Build
Unknown.

Edit: Industry details.
Paroni threw 1 30-faced dice. Reason: Starting Location Total: 21
21 21

Last edited:
House O'Rourik

Assets:
Sol Custom Houses
Sol Financial Houses
Defenses in Sol (Under Construction)

[X] Hire Mercenary Force (List restricted to 4 R items and less)
-[X]Mercenary Corps (2R) (specify type if you want, its an infantry warband)
[X] Industry Action (requires Established Industry)
-[X] Leverage the control of customs houses to identify weak merchant houses. Leverage control of Financial Houses to pull them under our houses influence.

House O'Rourik entered the Ball in a mass almost causing the Majordomo to loose his cool as he tries to properly announce the Kilted horde. The O'Rourik known before his ascension as Brodie quickly surveys the room. Seeing that the host is already being schmoozed by those jackals from House Terra he focuses instead on the representatives from House Zion.

While the bulk of the house entourage broke off to raid the buffet Brodie and his son Magnus bow before House Zion deeply "Pleased to be makin' your acquaintance Lords and Ladies I am The O'Rourik of House O'Rourik if the garb did not give me away. This here is my son and heir Magnus and we felt a house of your caliber would be interested in discussing the ol' mercantile topography of Sol"

On Power Discrepancies Between Players
Okay, so I've been brainstorming on ways to resolve the turn discrepancy between timezones and players' ability to play, and i think I've got a way to factor it in. What I want is the ability for people to post as they can, while developing the composition of their forces the way they like (and working with my erratic and sometimes frequent update schedule). But I also want to remove the inherent unfairness of being pitted against Houses that have gotten larger through more play-time.

So. I've developed an incentive system built into the power-vacumn of the Former Territories:

Figure out which Houses are rivals (of comparable economic, political or military power) and feel free to engage them. You are free to prey on weaker Houses, but keep in mind this will cause their Patron Houses to panic and possibly supply them with loaned forces or discounted weapons. So pick your enemies wisely.

These are valid concerns considering posting and economies and scalability. I'm trying not to put too much emphasis on mechanics, and more on war narratives, so that missing a turn isn't a big deal, and you can just play when you can. The idea is that a person playing for 30 turns, and a person playing for 3, can both still have fun. But that might not work out in practice. I'll try and figure something out.

As far as industry and house details, I'd ask that everyone just keep their own in mind, and I'll bring up specifics when relevant.

But again, I'm open to suggestions, and if players feel strongly about readily available stats, let me know
but at the same time however if you give yourself more time between turns you can better craft the narrative and will be able to either make a google drive spreadsheet with the noble house's stats (income, treasury, assets, forces under arms) or have the players maintain one.

House Tetzel
[x] Build

Born of a union between the bastard daughter of a great house and a frontier world mercenary the couple's eldest son has been sent out to turn the products of a scandalous union into a new noble line at the behest of their patron. Culturally house Tetzel dispenses with much of the nouveau riche inspired gaudiness demonstrated and adored by the other new bloodlines preferring instead to let their deeds speak for them.

A prefect mircosim of this is shown in the well made but comparatively simple furniture within Lord Michael Tetzel's quarters aboard the colony module settling down upon his House's new Throne World. A similar module to the one he is using as his temporary manor touches down nearby; geared to mining and refining the planet's ores.
Silversun17 threw 1 30-faced dice. Reason: Throne World Total: 22
22 22

Last edited:
House O'Rourik

Assets:
Sol Custom Houses
Sol Financial Houses
Defenses in Sol (Under Construction)

[X] Hire Mercenary Force (List restricted to 4 R items and less)
-[X]Mercenary Corps (2R) (specify type if you want, its an infantry warband)
[X] Industry Action (requires Established Industry)
-[X] Leverage the control of customs houses to identify weak merchant houses. Leverage control of Financial Houses to pull them under our houses influence.

House O'Rourik entered the Ball in a mass almost causing the Majordomo to loose his cool as he tries to properly announce the Kilted horde. The O'Rourik known before his ascension as Brodie quickly surveys the room. Seeing that the host is already being schmoozed by those jackals from House Terra he focuses instead on the representatives from House Zion.

While the bulk of the house entourage broke off to raid the buffet Brodie and his son Magnus bow before House Zion deeply "Pleased to be makin' your acquaintance Lords and Ladies I am The O'Rourik of House O'Rourik if the garb did not give me away. This here is my son and heir Magnus and we felt a house of your caliber would be interested in discussing the ol' mercantile topography of Sol"

Smile spread itself across Lords Zion's face, taking a respectfull bow toward Lord O'Rourk and his son Magnus he responded
" It's a pleasure Lord O'Rourk, even though you already know introductions are in order, I'm lord Zion and it's a pleasure to make aquaintancishp with such reputable house as your and of course I'm always happy to discuss trade with other houses especially from the nexus of trade that is Sol"

Last edited:
might as well start my participation of quests with joining in

Since I have no idea how to do that roll thing others were doing before I'm just going to link to Rollz Room

Roleplaying Dice Roller · Rolz

(For those who can't be bothered I rolled a five)

House Dorn

R at turn start: 2

[x] Build

[X] Build

@Lop

@Mask

Sorry but I'm going to be unavailable for the rest of the day so I'll be dropping out. Didn't expect the quest to move so fast so feel free to take over my House whether it be diplomatically or militarily.

Smile spread itself across Lords Zion's face, taking a respectfull bow toward Lord O'Rourk and his son Magnus he responded
" It's a pleasure Lord O'Rourk, even though you already know introductions are in order, I'm lord Zion and it's a pleasure to make aquaintancishp with such reputable house as your and of course I'm always happy to discuss trade with other houses especially from the nexus of trade that is Sol"

"Wonderful! We kin leave the specifics to the bean counters but yer various refined metals an' alloys will be in ready demand" The O'Rourik leans in to wink conspiratorially "A'course we an' more specifically my boy, the Junior Over-Secretary of Bulk Transmissions for the Sol system, can facilitate a smooth flow of goods"

"Wonderful! We kin leave the specifics to the bean counters but yer various refined metals an' alloys will be in ready demand" The O'Rourik leans in to wink conspiratorially "A'course we an' more specifically my boy, the Junior Over-Secretary of Bulk Transmissions for the Sol system, can facilitate a smooth flow of goods"
Smiling Lord Zion motions to one of his house members who nods and goes to bring two Glasses of Vine.
"You are reading my mind Lord O'Rourk " says Zion while house member comes back with glasses of Vine, taking the Glass he offers one to O'Rourk " well then Lord O'Rourk what do you say for a toast for this profitable evening "

House Terang-Bulan
Turns taken so far: 1

Location basis: System no. 9 (LHS 288) AKA Pasiphaë (see Lore below)
Body Luyten 143-23 A - EDDB
LHS 288 - Wikipedia

Current R: 3

Possesions:
- Agriculture Guilds in LHS 288/Pasiphae

Lore:
LHS 288, rebaptised as Pasiphae during its colonization, as a red dwarf star would normally give low prospect for colonization. However the system was graced by gas giant, Kujata, who not only having moons with decent prospect for colonization, but also for its largest satelitte, Sembrani, to beat the statistics in possessing a native ecosystem. Thus Pasiphae has became a important colonization site from early in the history of starfaring, and for years later has been known for its natural produce, whether they be native cultivars, specieses migrated from earth for terraformed farms, or new ones developed over long history of agriculture research.

But for its fame of natural produce, Pasiphae has never been a center of politics and powers. Even its economy potential (and therefore economic influence) didn't managed to grow as much it neighboring sytems did.

But nothing is static is this world. As the wheel of ages turn, new fortunes and dynasties rise. In recent year, two groups have been steadily gaining power in pasiphae. One is a family of shipping merchants, and the other is a ancient line of farmer and landholder going back to millenia ago. Aspiring for power, these two groups has been steadily growing closer to each other, based on mutual benefit and alleged ties of their almost-mythical ancestors. Finally, the bond has culminate in a natural conclusion: a union between the two main heirs of respective group, along with the unification of the families into a new House, House Terang-Bulan; and with it the consolidation of agricultural industry in the system.

Actions:
[x] Build
- [x] Industry Source (2R)
(something shipping-related)
[X] Industry Action
- [x] We have control of the agriculture ... but what of their processing. Produce have more worth when it has been developed into delicacies, not to mention it can attract people. Being research into new culinary and gastronomic applications of Pasiphae's bounties.
[x] Diplomacy Action
-Entreat House Zion with the possibility of trade deal. @Star Exchange of produce and minerals is a classic staple, but it is a staple because it works. As well, two houses with interest in expanding their reach of merchant marine could do well in partnership

(Remaining R: 1)

Last edited:
Smiling Lord Zion motions to one of his house members who nods and goes to bring two Glasses of Vine.
"You are reading my mind Lord O'Rourk " says Zion while house member comes back with glasses of Vine, taking the Glass he offers one to O'Rourk " well then Lord O'Rourk what do you say for a toast for this profitable evening "

"To paraphrase a 'nother great man Let the Spice Flow!" with that he downs the glass

After an initial day of play, I think my fast style gameplay may not be as appealing to players as I thought it might, and the current diplomacy conversations make me realize quick turns cuts down on the ability to develope lore. So, I'll be slowing things down for people to catch up, and equalizing everyone in my last turn post tonight later.

Back