Welcome to Academy City, Mind the Crazy~ Quest [RailDex-AU]

Hmm, rushing to her aid could hurt her due to the warping. And if I'm not mistaken that's Capacity Down. She doesn't want to hear that and neither do we.

What options are there on the drone? Speakers? Lights?

Also how fast can we get there if we rush?

Hmm, rushing to her aid could hurt her due to the warping. And if I'm not mistaken that's Capacity Down. She doesn't want to hear that and neither do we.

You have speakers on the drone.
Using your powers near her is a risk, but one you can lessen if careful.

[X] Maintain surveillance
-[x] Use drone speakers to call her attention to the sound bar, its likely to be some kind of weapon. Do so from behind her opponent to distract him, then gain height to avoid drone damage.
[X] Go to her help only if there's further trouble.

That's uncomfortably meta. Of course it "seems" like a weapon. Ugh.

and any use of the drone speakers is more likely to distract her than anything. If we're going to use them, better to attempt to drown out the Capacity Down.

Last edited:
That's uncomfortably meta. Of course it "seems" like a weapon. Ugh.

and any use of the drone speakers is more likely to distract her than anything. If we're going to use them, better to attempt to drown out the Capacity Down.
If there was a white noise generator on board, and only if we knew.

By making the sound behind the thug, we distract him more than her, and she would still be looking in his direction.

Time for a... Misc Info.

I called this section Misc Info? Where the hell was my creativity that day?
Not 'Get Smart', 'Tiger Dojo', or 'Wise Up'?
Misc Info?

Bah, on with the show.
Neka-Systems: Drone
- Sub-System

Communications Suite

The Neka has the obvious camera and microphone set up to allow the surveillance, but it also has a speaker, and the ability to network with compatible systems. The speaker is of high quality, and is capable of magnification of voice and or other sound that it is used to project.

The primary use of this on-board speaker is to allow complete vocal control, letting the VI responded without requiring an intermediate device. The VI's quality is shown very well in this type of use.

This can also be used to create a pseudo presence, using the Drone as a body double, or to give directives, useful for both reporters in dangerous situations and in film production.

See also: Networking Suite, Variable Interface, VI.NEKA.sona

[Scrawled Note: You can also use it as a disco ball speaker. Juuuust saying~]

Last edited:
Ooh, question! Could we feasibly use the Neka's speaker to play a noise cancellation frequency thingy( like with those noise cancelling headphones) to block Capacity Down?

Ooh, question! Could we feasibly use the Neka's speaker to play a noise cancellation frequency thingy( like with those noise cancelling headphones) to block Capacity Down?
Technically? Yes.

But you would need the sound file, modified for the Neka's speakers, exact positioning, and the knowledge of Capacity Down's existence.

You would also need to own a Neka. :p

Sounds expensive if the boink breaks something.

-[x] Use drone speakers to call her attention to the sound bar, its likely to be some kind of weapon. Do so from behind her opponent to distract him, then gain height to avoid drone damage.

Just realised I didn't actually answer you fully.

Speakers yep, there's a torch function as well.

Would take you maybe two minutes if you went full speed, using your powers.
You are in the shopping district already after all.

[X] Warn Kuroko about the possible sonic weapon.

We know two things about the object: it looks like a sound bar and it was pulled out in the middle of a fight. Making our presence known should distract everybody. Hopefully, Kuroko's Judgement training will allow her to react first.

Voting will close tonight.

I have to admit to being somewhat confused as to the Reader : Voter ratio this time.

Ask and you shall receive:
Vote tally:
##### 3.19
[X] She is Judgement, she can handle it.
No. of votes: 2
Camellia, Bki

No. of votes: 4
veekie, wingstrike96, Wirdo, MoonlightSpark

[X] Warn Kuroko about the possible sonic weapon.
No. of votes: 1
00mega

I apologize for yet another delay, I had planned for there to be an update today but my keyboard broke yesterday and my attempts at repair have finished the poor thing off. (The copper sheet layer thing has a bunch of burned connections and taking it apart made it worse)

Dragon (voice control program) and on-screen keyboard do not an update make I'm afraid.
I'll work on it on my phone but I can't edit or use formatting on it, and my writing style involves editing a lot.
Update will probably not be up once I get a new keyboard.
I apologize again for all these delays.

For those of you who read my MTG thing, that should update tonight if I can manage to do my edit pass on it with my improvised set up.

EDIT: Needed rolls for Kuroko.
Huh. She screwed her damage rolls
Nero200 threw 5 20-faced dice. Reason: Kuroko Total: 36
3 3 2 2 4 4 20 20 7 7
Nero200 threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: Thugs and Kuroko Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
I apologize for yet another delay,
It's not a problem. We can wait.

For now. *wiggles fingers threateningly*
:o You have Dragon in your computer!? Is she Shackled or Unshackled?
For those of you who read my MTG thing, that should update tonight
*Rubs eyes*
*Cleans Glasses*
*Refreshes browser*
:cry: IT LIVES!!!
if I can manage to do my edit pass on it with my improvised set up.
Ah, I'd help but I have an exam tomorrow. But don't worry Nero! We're with you in spirit! ....digitally speaking.

Back