Fate/Stay Night (2004) :

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014) :

Same resolution, same frame rate. It's amazing how ten years and literal boat loads of talent will make a difference.

So Shirou, what kind of underwear does Rider wear?

Edit:

Rider is sexy, can't wait for HF where she plays a bigger role.

Last edited:
So.

Has anybody ever gotten a good explanation for Rider's outfit? I've been in the Nasu fandom for years and I've never seen one.

Its her Toga from when she was the same size as her sisters, which is a Minidress because she can't find a tailor to let it out!

Dude, all of Rin's reaction are amusing. Still, I can't help but notice that all of the female characters in the ufotable adaptation so far has gotten much cuter than their original appearance.

Also, found something interesting: http://onemangaforums.com/index.php?/topic/7108-fatestay-night-2014-unlimited-blade-works/

Delicious idiocy is delicious.
Ugh. Seeing Kiritsugu with so many fans makes me so glad to not be a teenager anymore, you have no idea. Why the fuck is everyone so eager to suck the cock of a man who obviously acquired his understanding of utilitarianism from the back of the children's menu in the John Stuart Mill Museum restaurant?

Ugh. Seeing Kiritsugu with so many fans makes me so glad to not be a teenager anymore, you have no idea. Why the fuck is everyone so eager to suck the cock of a man who obviously acquired his understanding of utilitarianism from the back of the children's menu in the John Stuart Mill Museum restaurant?

Because hard men doing hard things is cool.

In theory, it lets the protagonist break the rules while maintaining the pleasant fiction that he or she is an ethical person. In practice, well, suffice to say that while utilitarianism is useful in a remarkable number of fields, it can get a bit out of hand without laying down some ground rules.

Last edited:
So many of Kiritsugu's problems could have been avoided if Shirley would have just not used herself as a guinea pig for an untested immortality potion.

But as far as it goes....I don't care how tragic your past is, once you sink to the depths of "banging my surrogate daughter I raised to be an emotionless killing machine so I don't lose my capacity to be a douchebag and hesitate to callously sacrifice my wife" then you forfeit my sympathies.

Kiritsugu just seems really pathetic to me. I mean, you're a cruel assassin who sends children out to do your bloody work. You maim and torture not for any good reason but to harden your own heart. You don't get to dream of endless justice, or a better world. You're just a damn fool.

I wonder if the bloody utilitarianism that these so-called teenagers fantasize for is a result of their anger at the world mixed with their wish to do good.
Where is it stated that Kiritsugu viewed Maiya as a surrogate daughter.
A man takes care of a girl, raises her, teaches her a trade, gives her lessons to survive in the world...If he's not her father, what else is he?

How he views it doesn't matter; he's taken the role in practice.

Last edited:
A man takes care of a girl, raises her, teaches her a trade, gives her lessons to survive in the world...If he's not her father, what else is he?
He never really raised her though. She was old enough to give birth to a child before she encountered Kiritsugu. He took her in and mentored her, but that's not really enough to make him her father, adopted or otherwise. And nothing in the VN or anime implies that either.

Where is it stated that Kiritsugu viewed Maiya as a surrogate daughter.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here?

He viewed her as a disposable tool with no purpose beyond fulfilling his own goals. Basically like a gun he can also have sex with when the mood strikes him.

Which is an incredibly messed up way to treat someone you raised from childhood.

Edit:
@A Nation's Virtue
Citation on that? Because the anime has her as a child soldier Kiritsugu found wounded on a battlefield and nursed back to health.

Last edited:
Back