...I'm pretty sure he didn't have Servant tier Parameters, nor did his treasury have the capability of launching it's contents at targets or of containing all of humanity's collective treasures, past and future.
When he receives powerup in CCC that gives him HS powerlevel, he comments how that gives him back power he had when he was alive.

Mind you, HS, not Servant.

Having GoB is arguable though, he may got it after he became HS.

Last edited:
To begin with, there is Enkidu who was his equal. Actually, he had GoB, he used it against Enkidu, forgot about that.

Then you have Gods, and you have bunch of fuckers everywhere fighting with Gods in question. Then you have Dragons and other fun beasties and fuckers killing them.

So yeah, they were well over Servant level.

Kirei and Gil where great, because it feels like Kirei realised Gil is an unsufferable asshole working under A+ Charisma years ago and is now just regretting the whole thing.
...no he's not. Kirei just got worse in his troll habit that not even Gil being Gil prevents him from trying to troll him. And he managed to do it in HF too. I'd imagine Kirei would have said "Told you so," if he had been there when Gil was defeated.

That reminds me of this kind of bad abridge of FSN where they joked how Shirou would often just play in traffic just because. Sakura has to deal with repercussions of that all the time.

Now I have the image of Sakura spending arduous hours sanding the corners of everything in Shirou's house and screaming in frustration as he always manages to find the ones she missed.

...no he's not. Kirei just got worse in his troll habit that not even Gil being Gil prevents him from trying to troll him. And he managed to do it in HF too. I'd imagine Kirei would have said "Told you so," if he had been there when Gil was defeated.

Honestly I wasn't that serious, I was basing it off the feeling I got from the facial expression that Kirei had when Gil interrupted him, this sort of fuck, this asshole look. It's also why I find Shirou hilarious this episode, he's just so fucking bad at what he wants to do. Rin effortlessly pinning him to a tree and telling him he's making her job harder just made me laugh, and somehow I forgot Shirou got wounded at the end of that fight, so I thought the fact

To begin with, there is Enkidu who was his equal. Actually, he had GoB, he used it against Enkidu, forgot about that.
Only when he fought Enkidu he didn't have the ability to auto-return stuff to his vault, which is why the fight ended as a tie. He just ran out of stuff to shoot and wield and eventually the two tired themselves out.
...I'm pretty sure he didn't have Servant tier Parameters, nor did his treasury have the capability of launching it's contents at targets or of containing all of humanity's collective treasures, past and future.
Outran the Sun, regularly lugged around 600 pounds, killed demi-gods, divine beasts, and(according to CCC iirc) some actual gods, etc.

As for his treasury, he already has it by the time he met Enkidu iirc.

Last edited:
I think that it was more of an actual vault with teleport panels to it rather than "lol have everything ever humanity fuck yeah" bullshit and as such didn't have that auto-return NP.

Basically, there's three ways to defeat Berserker for good:
-Have an A-rank with sufficient biggatons to blow away 'Zerker's lives. Examples:Excalibur, Caliburn, Fragarach I think
-Have a sufficient variety of A-Ranks to be able to switch between them to avoid 'Zerker's immunity. I believe the only two with this ability we've seen are Gil and EMIYA.
-Have everyone else wear down the stock of lives gradually
Didn't Archer die even when he went serious?

He wasn't serious since he didn't use UBW and his morality pet (Ilya) was also preventing him from fully going serious.
I just realize that Shirou(with his Reality Marble) is the counter to Gil but Hercules is the counter to Shirou since his Reality Marble downgrade the stats of a weapons
Anyone with enough skill at a certain weapon could easily defeat Shirou with UBW. It was explicitly stated that the rain of weapon is nothing but mere annoyance for most Servant, though if he found/knows the enemy's weakness, said weakness is a weapon, and have the weapon, then he could be more than an annoyance to them.

Also, note that Gil could have easily laughed at UBW if he had pulled Ea from the start. Or if he had worn his armor (that blocked several of Saber's strikes before showing dents) at that fight. Shirou is the ultimate counter to Gil, but not because of UBW having unlimited weapons. Rather, he is the ultimate counter to Gil because of how his ability, no, everything about him made Gil went so angry at the mongrel he ignored reason and chose poorly.

Yes, Shirou is the ultimate counter to Gil because his mere existence keeps on pushing Gil's buttons that he couldn't help but keep going tsuntsun at him.

Or if he had worn his armor (that blocked several of Saber's strikes before showing dents)
Minor correction based on this
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1NEZzQsil7Zgkajr6ESYIoW1JNN6aeBuG4kE2SZWghXw#h.6dv3pfk4sz7

- ---But.

Still, the golden armor retains its shape.

If the armor is free of damage even after taking Saber's attacks so many times…

…Could it be that his Noble Phantasm is his golden armor --- ?

My armor does not give out often, but ---"

(Fate, Day 14, Oldest King)

- I looked up the Japanese.

我の鎧が軋みをあげるなど、そうあり得る事ではないのだが

So it turns out it's more like "Even though it's not like my armor is actually in danger of giving out or anything."

(Forum Source)
Wasn't dented.

Using Broken Phantasms probably requires more juice then just spamming normal A ranks like Gil, and you need to Break a Phantasm to get past God Hand if its a UBW model. Archer needs to put more time and effort into overcharging his projections, which is why instead of the "rain of blades" Gil can do to take away all of Berseker's lives steadily, Archer neede to shoot one arrow out of his bow, do his K/B combo, and finally bring UBW forth to take away a few more lives.

Gil is a Special Snowflake on the level much higher than the one of Arturia, the King (?) of Britain.

At least Gilgamesh acts like the king would actually act.

Gilgamesh is the mother of all exceptions. Not the rule.

Gilgamesh is literally the rules.

If you're referring to Fate, he was not at full fighting capacity because Saber fucked him up at the beginning. That doesn't specifically mean he'd win, but it is something to consider.

Gil is a Special Snowflake on the level much higher than the one of Arturia, the King (?) of Britain.

Noblesse Oblige is Sabers core iideal though. She became King so she could use that power to save people, and stayed pure to that ideal. Sometimes Kings can be good people, rather then egomanical, omnicidal rapists.

Having said that, it's not like Nasuverse has enough hard and fast rules to break. Nearly everything is an exception. Gil is only exceptional in that he is one of the most broken exceptions out there.

I doubt most kings are like Gil. He might be the most arrogant prick this side of the universe (that already rules out most kings) he also is a bit of a badass. Not a lot of monarchs can live up to his shitty nature. Then again Arturia is pretty much a Saint. A Saint who enjoys the occasionally fight to the death, but a still a Saint so I doubt most monarchs can be at that level.

I doubt most kings are like Gil. He might be the most arrogant prick this side of the universe (that already rules out most kings) he also is a bit of a badass. Not a lot of monarchs can live up to his shitty nature. Then again Arturia is pretty much a Saint. A Saint who enjoys the occasionally fight to the death, but a still a Saint so I doubt most monarchs can be at that level.
She's not a Saint, she blatantly doesn't have that Skill.:p

I think that one's value as a king depends on what the people think of said king. So with that in mind, the one and only true king in the setting is no other than Iskander! I mean, there's people loyal to him even today! :D

Caliburn needed Saber.

Nine Lives needed Herc to be skinless and blind and even then it would have been a mutual kill if Illya wasn't there.

Nine Lives is also being used by Shirou channeling only a fraction of Archer, who lacks the experience or resolve of a fully realised EMIYA. I mean the winner of said fight is far from definite, but he's got much better chances then a lot of other servants.

I mean, the thing that actually gives Gil the I win button is the Chains, not the Gate of Babylon itself.

Nine Lives is also being used by Shirou channeling only a fraction of Archer, who lacks the experience or resolve of a fully realised EMIYA. I mean the winner of said fight is far from definite, but he's got much better chances then a lot of other servants.

I mean, the thing that actually gives Gil the I win button is the Chains, not the Gate of Babylon itself.
The chains are from the Gate, so technically still the Gate.

I have no idea what you're going for with your Nine Lives tangent? Elaborate?

The chains are from the Gate, so technically still the Gate.

A fair point.

I have no idea what you're going for with your Nine Lives tangent? Elaborate?

You said that Nine Lives was not a fair judge of EMIYA/Shirou vs Berzerker because Berzerker was weaker and Illya was there, I thought? As such, what I was saying was Shirou using Archer's arm is probably still weaker then a fully mature Shirou/EMIYA/Archer. Since their both working at a disadvantage it's not completely useless to draw the comparison.

You said that Nine Lives was not a fair judge of EMIYA/Shirou vs Berzerker because Berzerker was weaker and Illya was there, I thought? As such, what I was saying was Shirou using Archer's arm is probably still weaker then a fully mature Shirou/EMIYA/Archer. Since their both working at a disadvantage it's not completely useless to draw the comparison.
Ah, I see now. I'm used to treating Shirou and EMIYA as different entities that whenever one uses a feat of one as a feat of the other I just get confused.

Well yes, Shirou with the arm is still weaker than EMIYA since he's still just a human using a Servant's special skill. So I guess if it was regular Archer vs. Dark Berserker then Archer could have attacked the dodged or taken some other measure to survive the encounter while still killing Herc.

But against peak-Herc? Still not really sure. He'll take some lives sure but completely killing him? Really doubt it for some reason that I really don't understand myself. If anything a victory for Archer would need a lot of factors in his favor. Range, good prana supply, knowing about God Hand(this part would probably be the easiest since Ilya has a habit of boasting), and Rin's safety.

Back