There IS also the Aenead for the other side's propaganda, though IIRC it doesnt dwell much on the guys left behind at Troy.

Because it isn't Trojan propaganda, or even about the Trojans themselves at all really, it is Roman propaganda to cement the new Imperial establishment and ask people to forget about the Republic and the civil war, as well as giving the Romans another cool-ass origin story by ripping off Homer, whatever else you can say about it as a literary work. The sack of Troy is just used as the backdrop (fall of the Republic).

More specifically, Aeneas can be essentially interpreted as a stand-in for a mythified Augustus.

Last edited:
I mean don't get me wrong I like the Iliad but like you're in the wrong franchise if you want complete textual accuracy to myth lol

I want absolute textual accuracy when Theseus gets in so everyone has to deal with his absolute mess of a backstory and timeline and family tree.

Theseus sounds like he could be quite fun, what with forgetting to put up the right sails so his father commits suicide in grief, and just up and leaving Ariadne on a beach.

Theseus's Noble Phantasm will be him sequence breaking his way through Fate Grand Order and stealing the Noble Phantasms of unreleased Servants. He'll also spoil every plot point of every Fate game if you put him in your room.

Don't a number of Greek heroes have conflicting timelines and backstories, though? What sets Theseus apart?
He's an Argonaut who was motivated to do his heroing because his evil stepmother Medea tried to steal his throne. Except he's not an Argonaut because he got stuck in the underworld for the entire trip.

Nobody is as blatantly bad as him.

Theseus sounds like he could be quite fun, what with forgetting to put up the right sails so his father commits suicide in grief, and just up and leaving Ariadne on a beach.
A number of other myths give it as Dionysus kidnapping her rather than him actually ditching Ariadne.

It's also entertaining to note that Theseus has two biological dads, though that one can actually be explained by the ancient Greek belief in telegony.

Because it isn't Trojan propaganda, or even about the Trojans themselves at all really, it is Roman propaganda to cement the new Imperial establishment and ask people to forget about the Republic and the civil war, as well as giving the Romans another cool-ass origin story by ripping off Homer, whatever else you can say about it as a literary work. The sack of Troy is just used as the backdrop (fall of the Republic).

More specifically, Aeneas can be essentially interpreted as a stand-in for a mythified Augustus.
This is likely the first and only time I will post in this thread, Virgil did not create the association between Aeneas and the founding of Rome. This was already an existing association and one among several other competing origin stories of Rome alongside the familiar story of Romulus and Remus or the less-known story of Romos, a son of Odysseus and Circe. Aeneas appears several times in the Iliad as an honourable warrior himself and is saved by the gods twice for a destiny yet to come. He is likewise favoured by all the gods and even Greek-favouring Poseidon comes to his aid once and notes that he is destined to become king of the Trojans. The Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite mentions him also, as did several other Ancient Greek authors who considered him a wandering hero after the death of Troy.

What Virgil did was not to make up an entirely new story or "ripping off Homer" (although the style certainly is a rip-off, but Virgil was not the first to take inspiration from Greek dactylic hexameter) but to codify an already extant connection into a national Roman epic and connect it to the Romulus and Remus myth. If he wanted a Greek origin story for the Romans, there is already one: the story of Romos, son of Circe and Odysseus. Yet, he went for Aeneas. He was not the first Roman to do that either, already as far back as the Origines of Cato the Elder (yes, that one) is Aeneas mentioned in relation to Rome. The idea of Aeneas having founded Rome was not invented by Virgil for his story, nor was it a strange concept, it had been a myth for at least over two hundred years, and was not so different from the Greeks themselves worshipping a Roman goddess; Roma. These kinds of cultural exchanges were the standard and norm in the ancient Mediterranean cultures and not unique to the wholesale import of Hellenistic influences that Rome underwent.

You now have this, I don't know how useful it is for Type Moon stuff but thank you for coming to my TED Talk. :V

Herc had a labor involving Atlas being up and about.

While Herc is descended from Perseus.

Who turned Atlas into a mountain range still present today.

And then you have the 50 Kids by 50 women all daughters of the same king

Given those kids did fuck all nothing from what I remember ya could do phantom shenanigans and put them as some sort of collective a la the Valkyrie

Except this case well

"Launcher of a thousand ships". That sounds like Rider material to me, no matter how weird.

Wait, when did that happen?!?:wtf:

Cleopatra is assassin because of the blame for Egypt's fall

On the other hand Marie has a Crystal Pony and Castle and not Innocent Monster Cake stuff because ??? so go wild I guess

Last edited:
I was expecting some jokes about how RL Salieri was a candy glutton not him having a mental breakdown and then sending a gift via Marie and D'Eon

But well Avengers right. At least this one the rest is just a bunch of grump cats

Back