Hmmm.

Kariya summons without a Catalyst. Kariya gets a Servant with an outlook similar to his.

A Servant who got friendzoned by the woman of his dreams, endured horror to attain magical powers, and is pissed off at the world about all of it.

OPERATION GILLES DE RAIS: HERO OF
JUSTICE! is good to go.
Good god, even his rightful Servant was stolen from him! It's like his origin is getting NTR'd by others!

Was it mentioned that Lancelot was summoned with a catalyst? As far as I recall, Saber, Archer and Rider are the only ones who were summoned with a catalyst in the fourth war.

Was it mentioned that Lancelot was summoned with a catalyst? As far as I recall, Saber, Archer and Rider are the only ones who were summoned with a catalyst in the fourth war.
Wasn't it said that for every summoning there must be a catalyst? I think it was Archer that said that, but it might be a retcon, I don't really recall where it's from. I don't know what's accepted as Ryuunosuke's catalyst, but I think it's probably the 'art' he made.
I thought it was a piece of the Round Table.
You're thinking of Mordred.

Last edited:
Wasn't it said that for every summoning there must be a catalyst? I think it was Archer that said that, but it might be a retcon, I don't really recall where it's from. I don't know what's accepted as Ryuunosuke's catalyst, but I think it's probably the 'art' he made.
No, he was summoned without a catalyst. Go check the LN's or the Character Material.
I thought it was a piece of the Round Table.
I'm pretty sure it was his armor. Round Table splinter was Mordred as I recall.

Well, in a purely technical sense, what he is saying it true. Every summoning does need a catalyst. The thing is that if a catalyst isn't provided, the ritual uses the summoner themselves as a catalyst, and summons a servant that most closely matches the summoner's worldview/personality.

I know that, but it's either retconned or previously mentioned that all summoning must have catalysts. And considering that the verse is called Nasuverse and not Urobuchiverse, I'm going with with what Nasu said.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant#cite_note-CharacterM2-15

Boom. Cited. Official Character Material.
wouldnt that be able to summon any of the Knights of the Round Table? I understand Gawain is broken as fuck.
Yep, but then it would choose which of the Knights has the most affinity with the Master.

Gawain is pretty damn powerful. His range goes up to 13 kilometers and his power triples for three hours of the day.

Last edited:
wouldnt that be able to summon any of the Knights of the Round Table? I understand Gawain is broken as fuck.

Yes, but the summoner in that case was most compatible with Mordred. Good thing too, because I can't imagine a lot of them being fine with a necromancer.

Then again, Nasuverse Round Table might've been closer to the earlier tales, where the knights included sorcerers, werewolves, and other strange entities.

Last edited:
Must have misrecalled it then. And finally, we have a lore and canon mechanics debate. This thread is finally alive.
Yep, but then it would choose which of the Knights has the most affinity with the Master.

Gawain is pretty damn powerful. His range goes up to 13 kilometers and his power triples for three hours of the day.
Makes you wonder how much more powerful Altria would be if she's a proper Heroic Spirit. I'd assume it includes an ability to appear as a guy or not noticed as a women, btw.

Though I still wonder how Altria could stand Gawain since he has such a shit taste/standard in cuisine, according to one CCC event.

Makes you wonder how much more powerful Altria would be if she's a proper Heroic Spirit. I'd assume it includes an ability to appear as a guy or not noticed as a women, btw.

Though I still wonder how Altria could stand Gawain since he has such a shit taste/standard in cuisine, according to one CCC event.
I assume she'd have access to Rhongomyniad, Carnwennan, Caliburn, Avalon, and possibly an NP where she calls on the Knights of the Round Table.

Less on-topic, I'm wondering what kind of NP's Fionn would have. Dord Fianna would definitely be one, although I imagine his legends of being a giant would be represented through Monstrous Strength rather than a proper NP.

I've just had a thought: If you try to summon without catalyst, who would you likely to get? Non-canon/original Servants allowed, but no alterations to their legends in that case.

For me, there is a small chance I'd summon Karna, but most likely I'd summon Andersen (CCC). I'm somewhere in the middle of the two of them, but I lean much more towards the latter in mentality.

I've just had a thought: If you try to summon without catalyst, who would you likely to get? Non-canon/original Servants allowed, but no alterations to their legends in that case.

For me, there is a small chance I'd summon Karna, but most likely I'd summon Andersen (CCC). I'm somewhere in the middle of the two of them, but I lean much more towards the latter in mentality.
Mentality? I admire lawful good types, so I'd probably hold out for one of the knight Servants, but I'm pretty sure that I'd end up summoning Apocrypha Vlad. Tries to do good, but a lot of the time goes overboard in what he does or is extremely harsh in dealing out punishment.

Honestly though, if I could summon one Servant of my choice, it'd be either Cuchulainn or Saint George.

I'm not really sure. Most likely, someone who hates the whole hero thing/is a coward/never wanted to do their legend, but did it anyway to protect someone they care about. Or because it was that or roll over and die, and doing what they did spat in the eye of whoever forced them into it.

"So, Caster of Red. Just between us. Julius Caesar and MacBeth. Did you really write those yourself?"

But if I could choose, Iskander, KING OF CONQUERORS!

Last edited:
Is there an Augustus Caesar Heroic spirit?

No, but there is a Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus heroic spirit AKA Fate/Extra Saber.

I'm convinced that this is because Caesar spent a bit too much time being "Every woman's man and every man's woman," as the Elder Curio not-so-delicately put it. Hence the Saber look-a-likes in Britain, France, Italy, Japan, and who knows where else.

Last edited:
Huh, a Servant compatible with me?

Hmm, I dunno. Someone that wanted to be great, but didn't understand the gravity of that responsibility. Someone who would rather protect those closest to him, than strangers. Someone stupid enough to jump into the unknown. Someone who likes to act on his crazy ideas sometimes.

Who would that be? No, genuinely, I'm curious.

Nero?

Huh, a Servant compatible with me?

Hmm, I dunno. Someone that wanted to be great, but didn't understand the gravity of that responsibility. Someone who would rather protect those closest to him, than strangers. Someone stupid enough to jump into the unknown. Someone who likes to act on his crazy ideas sometimes.

Who would that be? No, genuinely, I'm curious.

Nero?
Astolfo sounds like he could possibly fit into some of those parameters, or Siegfried for that matter. Kintoki and Nero are other possibilities.

Last edited:
Back