Do you guys want Turn 1 to take place at 2112 or 2152 like in canon?

Votes: 44 93.6%

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about the tunnel network tech.? That would be good to create nearly impregnable bunkers
Tunnel+Subterranean sounds like a good combo tbh. We can reach far and wide underground to become Dorf. Honestly, if we hyperfocused to go underground we might be unto something. Turtling underground first to create all the foundation before branching outside properly.

Maybe we can unlock lighter alloy or something that will helps or better locomotions for walkers which makes it more viable for mountainous area.
I did mention that GDI is pursuing materials research using ME forging methods in chapter 1. They are interested in making Hunter Mk.3 into a Mako equivalent.
-How much should we reserve(points + cargo space)?
-How quickly can we attempt to expand?
-What is the exchange rate for credits and resources?
-How good is the Lab?
- It is mentioned above Military Assets. 2500 Points and 1000 Space
- The colony city itself expands based on population and you get more population every year (2 Turns), I'll keep it as a nebulous population and have the Steward handle that so I don't have to handle spreadsheets and do a whole lot of counting. You base/defenses are reliant on your Construction Actions, so you can start expanding immediately if you want.
- Depends on the resource but I'll make a loot table later today.
- A Basic Lab, you can expand and upgrade it later for specific research specialization.

Tunnel+Subterranean sounds like a good combo tbh. We can reach far and wide underground to become Dorf. Honestly, if we hyperfocused to go underground we might be unto something. Turtling underground first to create all the foundation before branching outside properly.
Tunnel Networks are part of the Subterranean tech tree. If you get SubT, you get Tunnels by default.

Last edited:
Wait... They are separate? FIXING!
EDIT: Nevermind, tunnels are included in the Subterranean tech.

Last edited:
I meant as in how much resources and credits should we have not the maximums.
Right now, you have no resources and credits. GDI is paying you with tools to build a colony and harvest the resources to be sold on a yearly basis for credits. Your personal income is a separate thing and will not come into effect in this quest.

Wow okay, loadout constraints are tight.
I tried for a well defended mining base and had to cut stuff...

Total: 2250/1000

Military: 900/330

[] 109th Zone Battalion: A Battalion of Zone Power Armored infantry with access to Jump Packs, Ionized Railgun Cannons, and shoulder mounted heavy weapons. Each suit has an array of advanced sensors and communications equipment making them ideal for patrol work and combating anything they find while on patrol. The armor also enhances the users strength, speed, and reflexes like previous generations of Zone Armor, along with an aim assist to better inform the user where their round will land. (+1 Zone Infantry Battalion) 200/50

[] 99th Engineering Corp: A Corp of Engineers, there isn't much to say about them, they can make basic defences like Watchtowers, AA Turrets, Trenches, Bunkers, Minefields, and etc. They can also help with civilian construction if you feel that you are sufficiently protected. (+1 Engineering Corp & +2 Construction Action) 150/100

[] 52nd Sniper Platoon: A Platoon of Snipers, armed with an Ionized Railgun Rifle, the same technology used in the Main cannon of the Hunter AFV allowing it to have extremely high penetration. Sniper teams are also equipped with a stealth cloak to hide in plain sight. (+16 Sniper Teams) 150/20

[] 91st Orca Air Squadron: A Squadron of Orca Mk.6 Multirole Strikecraft, the new Mk.6 Orca combines the firepower and versatility of the Orca Mk.5 with the Stratofighter Booster of the 3rd Tiberium War Firehawks, giving it the ability to fly over most AA defences with ease by going near orbital. (+16 Orca Strikecraft) 400/160

Zone Battalion as they are mobile.
Engineering Corp because this terrain is rough.
Sniper Platoon because engaging directly will be hard.
Orca Squadron because we won't be moving anything fast without aircraft.

Infrastructure: 750/650

[] MCV: The Mobile Construction Vehicle has been in the GDI arsenal since it's very founding and while it has gone through many iterations, its core purpose stays the same. The MCV supplied by GDI are based on the old MCVs of the 3rd Tib War but has been modified for Colony use. You are only allowed 1 MCV for now as they are in high demand with other colonies too. (+1 MCV & +4Construction Action) 300/200 (only 1 allowed)

[] Mining Equipment: While everyone agreed that Tiberium is a poison and caused the most deaths in history, they do also admit that it made extracting minerals from the earth incredibly easy. Now that Tiberium is contained on Earth with GDI Navy feeding asteroids to be processed by the TCN, the colonist will have to mine resources the old fashion way. With drills, explosives, a mining truck. (+1 RA1 style Ore Mine) 150/100

[] Smelting Equipment: Once you have a supply of ore, you'll need a location to smelt it so that it can be useable in many different applications. Using lessons learnt from Tiberium refining, a single refinery can process multiple different types of ores and separate them into their component elements and transformed into ingots for easy storage. (+1 RA2 style Refinery) 100/150

[] Hydroponics Farm: With the much of the world's farm land becoming Tiberium Wastelands, Hydroponics helped prevent millions of people from starving both in Blue and Yellow Zones. Having your own Hydroponics Farm should help provide a steady food supply for your colony that won't be affected by pests or weather at the cost of being more expensive, takes up more space, and produce less food. (+1 Hydroponics farm & +50 tons of Food/Year) 150/100

[] Power Plant: The blood of any city is electricity and its heart is the Power Plant. A Power plant is required to operate automated defences and have all of your production structures operating at maximum efficiency. An MCV can construct a Power Plant fairly easily enough, but you never know what you would prioritize. (+1 Power Plant & +10 Power Generation) 50/100

MCV because I'm not masochistic.
Mining/Smelting Equipment for fast resource production.
Hydroponics Farm because there may be a shortage of tillable fields.
Power Plant for power.

Technology: 400/20

[] Zone Armor: While it doesn't hold a candle to the stuff currently in use by the military, GDI does supply a variety of upgrade packages to make Colonial Militia Zone Troopers a combat effective fighting force. (Unlocks Basic Zone Trooper Armor, Zone Upgrade Packs, Zone Heavy Weapons, and Jump Jets) 200/10

[] Subterranean Tech: During the 2nd Tib War, GDI ruled the heavens but Nod ruled the underworld and they do that through subterranean technology. Nod used this network to great effect as it is the only place where they are protected from GDI Air superiority and our Ion Cannons. By the 3rd Tib War, Tiberium has grown deep within the Earth's crust and tunnelling through Tiberium is too difficult and dangerous, thus the tunnels were abandoned until the TCN has been established and managed to clear most of the Tiberium, allowing Nod's global tunnel network to return to service. This technology is relatively simple and GDI saw potential in having a Tunnel Network in their colonies in the event the Scrin achieved orbital supremacy. It should be made aware however that unscrupulous individuals may make use of these tunnels if they are not properly supervised. (Unlocks Subterranean APC, Drill Pod, and Tunnel Network System) 200/10

Zone Armor for Jump Jets. None of this walking over mountains business.
Subterranean Tech for Tunnelz and Underground Base.

Might be worth dropping the Power Plant for some extra space.

Last edited:
I am still of the opinions that Drones will be very nice in this place. We can let them out and go without much concern to keep eye around on the ground. Also, disposable forces just in case due to our limited space and population.

I am still of the opinions that Drones will be very nice in this place. We can let them out and go without much concern to keep eye around on the ground. Also, disposable forces just in case due to our limited space and population.
You'll need a Factory to make them but yeah they can be made pretty cheaply

How quickly can we research techs that we did not bring?
If the lab is good enough, we can forgo all but the most immediately useful techs.
EDIT: need for factory to use drones noted.

How quickly can we research techs that we did not bring?
If the lab is good enough, we can forgo all but the most immediately useful techs.
EDIT: need for factory to use drones noted.
3x as long, the tech trees already have blueprints, measurements, research data and etc. that you can just go right through to prototyping. If you have a working example it will only take 2x as long. Like if you brought Firehawks, you can ask them to provide data on the stealth generator and allow the Lab to do a non-invasive study. It will take longer because you do not want to break the thing. You will also be rolling a Cumulative DC if you don't have the tech, if you have an example the DC will be halved.

Your MCV can build a factory but it will need resources to do it.

Last edited:
Remember that every 2 Turns, you can sell your produce to GDI and can buy other stuff too later down the line. The more prosperous your colony, the more GDI will give you access to the good stuff like Titans or CommSats
WANT NOW
But yes, I gathered that. This is why I mainlined the Mining/Smelting.
Will the purchase options be similar?

I'm thinking drop the Power Plant from my list and grab the Hover Tech. We can just build a Power Plant.

Hmm... Maybe swap the Zone Armor Tech for Robotic Drone Tech?
My list has a large Military loadout, so we might be able to defer further Military investment for some turns.

I'm thinking drop the Power Plant from my list and grab the Hover Tech. We can just build a Power Plant.
MCVs like in C&C3 also generate power so you will be fine on power. You can also build different types of power plant, like Geothermal and Hydroelectric Dam to provide huge amounts of power at the cost of being really expensive to make and location dependant. Wind and Solar Panels are much cheaper but produce less power.

Last edited:
Shields are a must. But so is the underground since were in mountains. Shield + Underground = untouchable :p.

Shields are a must. But so is the underground since were in mountains. Shield + Underground = untouchable :p.
Can't deploy shields underground, cause if the ceiling caves in, the shield would not last long and it would have been a waste. Better to reinforce the ceiling so that it won't cave in and just have shielded entrances.

Can't deploy shields underground, cause if the ceiling caves in, the shield would not last long and it would have been a waste. Better to reinforce the ceiling so that it won't cave in and just have shielded entrances.
I meant deploy over the area the city is at, so they can't cause a cave in by just BLASTIN.

Question, Sonic Mining?

I'm not sure how much safer it'd be than conventional explosives for blast mining, but it'd be less indescriminate and also only eat up energy.

Of that, most other people have already suggested what stood out to me. It might be worth it to grab the farming equipment first and set up on a plateau or a valley between mountains and then from there tunnel and set up underground with everything else.

Also, we could either take the Zone Troopers or their tech, since we can just reverse engineer it if we have them on hand. Or we can go for numbers and apply jump packs enmasse when we get there. Either or really.

Stealth and Shield tech is almost a must though, yes. Maybe not this round granted, but quickly. And we need to power it.

So, MCV+Engineers. Need that sweet snowballing or we're screwed even without Turians being a thing. Subterranean tech is on the necessary list as well too of course.

Of the rest... I'd suggest Orcas and Infantry. Or snipers? Probably infantry because we'll just want some quantity tbh.

Mining, Smelting, and Farming equipment. Though we'll need hydroponics if we can't find a valley or plateau to set up on first. Maybe a power plant and a factory? We're going to have a lot of metal and not much way to use it if we don't.

Tech Lab too, but that might be asking a bit much.

Of the last section... I'd like to Zone Trooper stuff for the jump packs, but I think hover, sonic, and drones all rank higher on the list.

Sonic is mostly only on there if it working as better/more precise mining equipment is a thing. Drones are the primary thing we could throw our ore and metal into if we need something done, but we'll be wanting to sell most of it of course.

Though we could get up to some fun antics with Drones and hover I imagine. :p

Anyway, its late and I can't be bothered to tally that up right now, maybe when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Best thing to take at the start are hard minimum. Don't be fooled into chasing shiny objects we can get them later as GDI comes along to add more people.

We should take the Regiment of rifle men, the engineers, and air units for now.

For infrastructure we need the MCV, mine, smelter, normal farm for high output, and power plant to allow for expansion.

Tech most are good but the only requirement is a the underground tech as that will let us dig deep and find better deposits to get more money.

Question, Sonic Mining?
I'm not sure how much safer it'd be than conventional explosives for blast mining, but it'd be less indescriminate and also only eat up energy.
I have thought about it yesterday, but I think it would only just make a large crack on a wall. Explosives breaks and 'push' the rocks apart while sonics would most likely just get absorbed by the rock with only the surface layer having cracks.
It might be worth it to grab the farming equipment first and set up on a plateau or a valley between mountains and then from there tunnel and set up underground with everything else.
Colony Steward already brought seeds and several farming tools already, along with a years worth of rations for the colony to feed the civilian population.

I have thought about it yesterday, but I think it would only just make a large crack on a wall. Explosives breaks and 'push' the rocks apart while sonics would most likely just get absorbed by the rock with only the surface layer having cracks.

Colony Steward already brought seeds and several farming tools already, along with a years worth of rations for the colony to feed the civilian population.
Not really the entire point of sonic tech was that it broke anything and everything down. This is tech that can destroy harden structures and units which are more compact and stable than rock and ore.

Also food is way too important to just leave it to the normal amount sent. It also gives us a better buffer zone and more things to sell when GDI comes back.

If the sonic tech can be accurate and powerful enough to control Tiberium growth, they probably can be repurposed for mining. Not sure why or if it even efficient but it should be possible.

Back