I think I'm finally getting the significance of Amanda and her crew "winning" the Hijvin Sphere simulation.

If the Shiplords were able to find The Right Words to make a species stand down from escalating to a point where they threaten the rest of existence, then that is what they would be doing all the time. Their sheer resources and knowledge of the Secrets should provide all the carrots and sticks they would need for a more refined solution, but they lack either a certain emotional intelligence or the edge that Practice provides to know how to utilize their resources to get their desired result. Instead, their trauma and their inability to trust has led them to the conclusion that the only consistent way to make other species STOP is to ruthlessly demonstrate that they are the biggest hammers in the galaxy at First Contact.

It's not empire building, it's not resource acquisition, it's not imposing their vision on everyone else whether they like it or not. The name of the game has always been "how do we prevent the universe being murdered by a random species", and the Shiplords would do anything to be provided with a better solution that can be shown to work.
That whole situation isn't improved by the zero fault tolerance for the 'protect existence' task. If a race starts developing false vacuum collapse weapons or something similar catastrophic you must be successful at deescalation.
Or in other words, the SL had a system that worked quite good with very few exceptions; as exceptions cannot be tolerated they looked for a better system. Now we are here ...
Edit: Just realized, even if we can proof that we could have solved all Sorrows without genocide, we cannot proof we could solve all future problems without fail. Wow Snowfire, that bar to convince the SL is really freaking high.

Last edited:
What point do you think I'm making? The one I'm trying to make is that, despite setting it with explicit intentions to exterminate every Gysian, they figured out how to destroy the reality bomb factories without doing that after they were asked nicely. Presumably they could've done the asking nicely themselves.

You've said before that the Shiplords' handling of the Gysians was a trauma-induced overreaction. Now you seem to be saying that it was somehow the best material outcome that anyone in their position, trauma or no trauma, could've managed. I'm lost.
Ok, to step-by-step this.
  1. Gysians start building vacuum collapse devices.
  2. Shiplords tell them to please stop doing that, because it's a really bad idea.
  3. Gysians reply with something along the lines of "You just don't want us to have true power!" Which isn't...entirely wrong but also misses a lot of the scale of their incoming mistake.
  4. Shiplords ask them to come and talk with them, hoping that something can be worked out. Bring along the Light in Shadows War Fleet detachment as an emergency measure if the Gysian try to do something stupid.
  5. The Gysian do something stupid - it gets contained by the Light in Shadows detachment using their grav-shear projectors to essentially 'imprison' the vacuum collapse before it can get going. The scale of gravitic distortion caused by this wrecks most of the star system - fortunately it was uninhabited.
  6. The Shiplords up to this point still didn't really believe that the Gysian would do this and were utterly horrified that any race would actually try to deploy a universe-ender.
    1. This triggers a specific trauma point of the use of the Secrets to try and end everything, which they'd known was possible but had hoped to always avoid. They are, in this moment, forced to chose between protecting all of reality or a particular aspect of it - that aspect being the Gysian.
  7. The Shiplord military destroys all production and storage facilities for vacuum collapse systems that they can whilst the Assembly's debates what to do next.
  8. Shiplord cyberwarfare detects the construction of new or expanded facilities for producing VCS. The Assembly's debates devolve towards panicked screaming.
    1. This is where the trauma point starts to override the rational thinking process.
  9. The Shiplord military is ordered by the Assembly to resolve the Gysian threat by any means necessary, before they can bring further VCS online.
  10. The only way to do this is to destroy the Gysian tech base. The Gysian tech base is pretty much impossible to destroy without killing everyone connected to it.
  11. Genocide ensues.
  12. The Shiplord fleet at the Gysian home star wipes out the inhabited planets as well as most of the orbitals, before heading in-system to eliminate any remaining threats.
  13. Entara's plea is broadcast.
  14. Elements of the Shiplord fleet, Kicha among them, reject the idea that the choice placed before them was destruction of the few or destruction of the many. Around eighty percent of the Shiplord fleet present in the Gysian home star temporarily mutinies to form the beginnings of the Hearthguard.
  15. The Assembly receives an extremely stern letter from this nascent Hearthguard and the realisation of what they almost just did sets off a political shitstorm the likes of which has rarely been seen. This leads to the Gysian reconstruction and formal formation of the Hearthguard, to try and help the Shiplords remember why they didn't take the final step of genocide.
The tragedy of the Shiplords is a complex one. It's in part driven by situations that they had little ability to react to effectively, but also by the way in which those experiences shaped their future actions. It's not as simple as "this one point is the reason why". There are primary points of impact in their slow degradation, you've seen five of those now, but that's not everything.

Could the Shiplords have won a conventional war and occupied the Gysian? Yes, almost certainly. Could they have done so before the Gysian set off another VCS where they couldn't contain it? Pretty likely.

Were they in any way emotionally equipped to allow the possibility of a VCS being triggered where they couldn't stop it? Not a chance.

Were they in any way emotionally equipped to allow the possibility of a VCS being triggered where they couldn't stop it? Not a chance.
Honestly, if you phrase it like this and pose the question to a humanity 1.0 human: "Choose: 1) Genocide a xenophobic species or 2) Allow this xenophobic species to construct further universe ending weapons after they already used one that could only be disabled by luck and sacrifice" - how do you think the percentages for the answers are going to look like?

Last edited:
I wonder if the Secrets as a phenomenon are localized to this galaxy.

If they are, then it's possible a Secret-powered universe ending device would peter out once it propagated out into space unaffected by the Secrets. Meaning it was never truly universe ending in the first place.

If they aren't - If the Secrets work across the whole universe - then the Shiplord project to control their use is doomed from the start, because they have no presence in even a fraction of existing galaxies.

They may be able to keep this galaxy from ending the universe, but it's only a matter of time before some other galaxy sparks off the end instead.

Honestly, if you phrase it like this and pose the question to a humanity 1.0 human: "Choose: 1) Genocide a xwnophobix species or 2) Allow this xenophobic species to construct further universe ending weapons after they already used one that could only be disabled by luck and sacrifice" - how do you think the percentages for the answers are going to look like?
This is one of those cases where the correct answer is to reject the dichotomy, because it's a stupid dichotomy that only serves to justify genocide. Especially since, as noted, the Shiplords didn't have Lumens yet, so their options weren't "conventional war risking the destruction of the universe" or "unconventional war that kills all civilians in the war zone". Their options were "conventional war with the goal of genocide" or "conventional war with the goal of disarmament and occupation".

I wonder if the Secrets as a phenomenon are localized to this galaxy.

If they are, then it's possible a Secret-powered universe ending device would peter out once it propagated out into space unaffected by the Secrets. Meaning it was never truly universe ending in the first place.

If they aren't - If the Secrets work across the whole universe - then the Shiplord project to control their use is doomed from the start, because they have no presence in even a fraction of existing galaxies.

They may be able to keep this galaxy from ending the universe, but it's only a matter of time before some other galaxy sparks off the end instead.

Likely fun fact about vacuum collapse, it doesn't care if you've got a local secret overlay or not. It just keeps on going.

Likely fun fact about vacuum collapse, it doesn't care if you've got a local secret overlay or not. It just keeps on going.
Depends on the details, really.

FTL wasn't even possible before the Secrets, so maybe that lower energy state a vacuum collapse returns space to wasn't actually possible before the Secrets either.

It's only a theorized state after all. If it existed in the wild to be observed, the collapse would have already started.

If non-Secret physics allows for vacuum collapse propagation, but not for its initiation, then that would clearly suck, but it's something that would need to be investigated and confirmed, because we don't know enough to assume one way or another.

Depends on the details, really.

FTL wasn't even possible before the Secrets, so maybe that lower energy state a vacuum collapse returns space to wasn't actually possible before the Secrets either.

It's only a theorized state after all. If it existed in the wild to be observed, the collapse would have already started.

If non-Secret physics allows for vacuum collapse propagation, but not for its initiation, then that would clearly suck, but it's something that would need to be investigated and confirmed, because we don't know enough to assume one way or another.
The universe we're looking at is as close to ours as we could manage. Which means that, in this case, a vacuum collapse would indeed keep propagating regardless of the presence of Secrets.

The 'base' physics allows propagation. It also allows initiation; in the worst case, by the action of "create secrets, have them initiate it"... but everything the Secrets do could also be done without them, it's just harder. Except perhaps where the Secrets themselves interfere with attempts to do so.

The Fourth provides the means to manipulate the bonds between hadrons, allowing manipulation of matter at a level not even the Sixth can match. It appears to deal with the gamma ray bursts that would result from this sort of manipulation, and is probably part of how the Shiplords terraformed the entire galactic core. It's an incredibly useful construction and economic tool, but has limited offensive capacity. No stable strange matter, for one.

The Eighth is hinted at for how the Lament made this interface, though their use of it was deliberately incomplete to create something short of a full AI. It's the non-Second mechanism for creating artificial intelligences, that Iris has been slowly unravelling, and seems to also deal quite heavily with aspects of the soul.

Almost missed this... very interesting. Not what I'd guessed before. The Fourth I'm not sure of the applications beyond, well, being potentially quite expensive, but the Eighth does make it clear why delving into the Sixth for iris type AI hits road blocks.

And I only just realized the Seventh gives holodecks. I mean, other applications sure, but I usually keep a better eye on the Star Trek influences. Can't believe I was that blind.

I'm pretty sure the sim even got discussed with regards to the Kobayashi and it still didnt click. Ugggggh.

But that's trauma for you.

I've been trying and failing to find the words for this for a while now, but despite their simulations and mech shells and other trappings, and despite how furiously they'd probably deny it, the Shiplords did not enact the tribute system from a place of logic or necessity. The Hjiven cosplay evolved because the Shiplords have absolutely not got their feelings under control.

The long history just makes it hard for anyone to see that this cycle of abuse did have a starting point and it's still relevant. And that maybe, just maybe, it can stop.

Their options were "conventional war with the goal of genocide" or "conventional war with the goal of disarmament and occupation".
This is exactly what was rubbing me wrong about the shiplord's actions.

I wonder if the shiplords have ever had to contented with anybody who has ever tried the propaganda campaign against them were planning to? Has shiplord society every had to deal with such a split such as what we're planning, because it seems that they retreat into stasis or self pity?

Wait, limited offensive applications for the Fourth Secret?! If it can manipulate Hadron bindings at plausible terraforming scales isn't that how they make stars go nova?

I know that's not exactly a plethora of tactical military uses, but I think anything that wipes out a star system doesn't get to classify as limited in that regard.

Last edited:
This is exactly what was rubbing me wrong about the shiplord's actions.

I wonder if the shiplords have ever had to contented with anybody who has ever tried the propaganda campaign against them were planning to? Has shiplord society every had to deal with such a split such as what we're planning, because it seems that they retreat into stasis or self pity?
I kinda doubt it. The sheer level of bullshit we've pulled off in being here...

What we've been doing for the duration of the Crusade? You can't do it with the Secrets, I'm pretty sure. Just, flat out, can't. They're powerful tools, but there are things they won't let you do because it's blatantly unsafe (FTL, in particular, has a lot of restrictions), and there are things they can't do because the Consolat weren't all-knowing.

We're pushing the hard limits of what can be done with FTL, by moving this quickly. Which is well above the soft limits of what can be allowed without careful coordination. Causality, relativity, FTL: Pick two... and this universe sacrifices strict causality.

Then of course there's all the other apparent nonsense that Practice lets us do...

The construction and economic part of the fourth secret, thats scary especially when paired with the sixth. No wonder the Shiplords can fight the whole galaxy at once even if they'd hopefully lose in the end, they've had better than cracked fabrication from For the Tyrants Fear Your Might for a ridiculous length of time.

Sucks that none of the younger races have it right now. Of course, though it's easy to forget since humanity cleaned house, maybe the Shiplord surveillance and infiltrator systems like to make scientists with dreams of taking their species post-scarcity have accidents.

could solve all future problems without fail
That's an impossibility. You will never be able to if you have mortal, fallible actors. The solution of course is to have the uninvolved involved our galactic nonproliferation agreement.
Level of soul science required to understand not met.
Still, could the interface point us in the right direction or something, or is it some project we would need to crack back home?

Still, could the interface point us in the right direction or something, or is it some project we would need to crack back home?
I think the problem is the interface doesn't know enough soul science to understand the question. Like how they're pointing us to Origin because they couldn't figure out what they were looking at.

Recall that humanity turned Mercury into a planetary scale nanoforge.

I was confining my thoughts to smaller scale than that for comparative purposes yeah, because the potential for megastructures definitely blows things out of the water. Tbh I still struggle to grasp the full implications of what humanity did to Mercury. The scale boggles the mind, and while I can comfortably expect this to mean humanity expects to be able to drastically output larger amounts of war material than they have the people (and especially the Potentials) to fully outfit, I balk at estimating by how much.

This is why the Shiplords are going to have a problem with orrery defenses, of course - the established civilizations of the galaxy have been forced to deal with Shiplord infiltrators using nano/bio infection, so the Sixth Secret is a matter of grave importance that the big names have unlocked. Given the advantages of having the Sixth, you could hardly be called a major player without it - it's a sea change in production capacity and how a society can operate. So a lot of species with big fleets are going to be implement the new tech way, way faster than the Shiplords can kill all of them for trying. Unfortunately, that's bad news for whoever gets unlucky - and especially anyone who didn't get Clarion tech snuck into production ahead of time and is still riddled with spies and infiltrators.

Then I don't think there's anything more to do here. I want to go home and tell the good news, before making our swing at origin. We've got more than enough to shatter shiplord society into conflicting pieces, let's offload that before going for the final reward.

[X] Return to the Adamant to assess and plan your next move.

I was confining my thoughts to smaller scale than that for comparative purposes yeah, because the potential for megastructures definitely blows things out of the water. Tbh I still struggle to grasp the full implications of what humanity did to Mercury. The scale boggles the mind, and while I can comfortably expect this to mean humanity expects to be able to drastically output larger amounts of war material than they have the people (and especially the Potentials) to fully outfit, I balk at estimating by how much.
The biggest limitation at this point is providing the nanoforge with components that it can't produce by itself.

To give something of an example: the War Office completed a full design iteration for the FSN in the time between the Third and Fourth Battles of Sol. Not quite everything was fully updated as of the Fourth, but enough to make little real difference.

The Third and Fourth Battles of Sol were separated by roughly three months.

Of course, refitting ships is in many ways much easier than building a new design from scratch. But y'know. Three months. And most of that was travel time.

And then you have to take into account that the Shiplords? They do this with stars. That's what a Stellar Convertor is. You starlift matter, convert that matter into what you need it to be using the Fourth Secret, feed those materials into a nanoforge made from the Sixth and shielded from extraneous infrared by the Third, and then collect your finished product.

It's about as terrifying as it sounds.

Last edited:
It's Winterfest, after all!

I'm (not) sorry. (Just bad at rhyming.)

= = =

A teenage Iris with a love for science
Stood in the kitchen, her heart in compliance
With the thought of creating a dish
Which was truly hit or miss

She gathered her ingredients
And carefully measured her possessions
But instead of meatballs for her pasta
She chose a neutron star, one of her latest obsessions

She mixed and stirred with glee
Her face lit up with a grin
As she watched the pasta come to life
With the power of the star within

She boiled and cooked, so full of excitement
As she waited for her dish to be done
But when she finally tasted it
She knew she'd made a mistake, it was no fun

The pasta was too hot to handle
And the star too dense to eat
But Iris didn't give up
She tried again, this time with a little more heat

And this time, her dish was a success
The pasta was cooked just right
And the neutron star added a dash of progress
That was out of this world, it was a delight

The girl grinned with satisfaction
Proud of her unique creation
And she knew that her love for science
Would lead her to culinary sensation.

Last edited:
It's Winterfest, after all!

I'm (not) sorry.

= = =

A teenage Iris with a love for science
Stood in her kitchen, her heart in compliance
With the thought of creating a dish
Which was truly hit or miss

She gathered her ingredients
And carefully measured her possessions
But instead of meatballs for her pasta
She chose a neutron star, one of her latest obsessions

She mixed and stirred with glee
Her face lit up with a grin
As she watched the pasta come to life
With the power of the star within

She boiled and cooked, so full of excitement
As she waited for her dish to be done
But when she finally tasted it
She knew she'd made a mistake, it was no fun

The pasta was too hot to handle
And the star too dense to eat
But Iris didn't give up
She tried again, this time with a little more heat

And this time, her dish was a success
The pasta was cooked just right
And the neutron star added a dash of progress
That was out of this world, it was a delight

The girl grinned with satisfaction
Proud of her unique creation
And she knew that her love for science
Would lead her to culinary sensation.
I'm adding a -25 to the next roll Iris makes as a result of sheer disgust :V

The biggest limitation at this point is providing the nanoforge with components that it can't produce by itself.

To give something of an example: the War Office completed a full design iteration for the FSN in the time between the Third and Fourth Battles of Sol. Not quite everything was fully updated as of the Fourth, but enough to make little real difference.

The Third and Fourth Battles of Sol were separated by roughly three months.

Of course, refitting ships is in many ways much easier than building a new design from scratch. But y'know. Three months. And most of that was travel time.

And then you have to take into account that the Shiplords? They do this with stars. That's what a Stellar Convertor is. You starlift matter, convert that matter into what you need it to be using the Fourth Secret, feed those materials into a nanoforge made from the Sixth and shielded from extraneous infrared by the Third, and then collect your finished product.

It's about as terrifying as it sounds.

Weren't humanities ships hulls unalterable single-molecule things? And everyone was unhappy with the shiplords who had similar ships, but using human souls or whatnot?

- [X] Why does shiplord technology feel wrong to the soul?
Pretty sure we know this part: it's because the Shiplords build it into their Second Secret technology as an anti-Uninvolved measure. It just so happens to also work against Practice and the Unisonbound; it's the source of the "Essence Disruption" maluses that we saw in the previous Quest. I don't know if it's outright stated, but it's implied that the Shiplords use possibly still-living souls to make these weapons, and it's the ultimate fate of the "tribute" that the Tribute Fleets collect from other species.

And yes, the comparisons with the exact sort of crimes the Hijivians were committing are both obvious and apparently accepted by the Shiplord Authority.

That was never the goal of this expedition. The point was to find an answer to the Shiplords that wouldn't require a third of the galaxy burnt to ashes - at minimum. Remember that Project Insight said you could win, but it also told you the cost of victory.
Yes; at the same time, saving a few million lives here and there by stealing fire from the gods is not a worthless endeavor, in particular since our experience discovering the Fifth as opposed to the Third implies that acquiring a Secret or Secret tech from an enemy can massively reduce the time and dedication required to unlock it, compared to doing it entirely on our own.

On the matter of the Fourth and Eighth Secrets, the Last Memory can tell you this:

The Fourth provides the means to manipulate the bonds between hadrons, allowing manipulation of matter at a level not even the Sixth can match. It appears to deal with the gamma ray bursts that would result from this sort of manipulation, and is probably part of how the Shiplords terraformed the entire galactic core. It's an incredibly useful construction and economic tool, but has limited offensive capacity. No stable strange matter, for one.

The Eighth is hinted at for how the Lament made this interface, though their use of it was deliberately incomplete to create something short of a full AI. It's the non-Second mechanism for creating artificial intelligences, that Iris has been slowly unravelling, and seems to also deal quite heavily with aspects of the soul.
Hah, I was right, and there is a Strong Force manipulation Secret, and it leads to transmutation! I just got confused because I figured that the three Force-related Secrets would go in either increasing or decreasing order of strength and / or distance decay, with it either going Strong Force -> ElectroWeak Force -> Gravity, or Gravity -> Electroweak Force -> Strong Force. And then the AI Secret rounds them out; there's only eight?

This, plus the fact that we now can be pretty sure that the Secrets were built using Soul Science, means we can make some pretty interesting speculations about the true nature of the Secrets. For example, the First Secret:

1. The First Secret picks a privileged inertial frame of reference, almost certainly tied to a rotational frame centered on the Milky Way's galactic core so as to minimize the number of causality violations* that the average person in the galaxy would experience**, and allows direct positional manipulation of mass-energy. No energy cost needs to be paid, or at least very little if you're far away from large sources of gravity (therefore an SEZ), but there's a processing hurdle to be overcome, which was always weird because it kind of made little sense for said processing to be done using conventional mass and energy. But, now that we can be pretty sure that the Secrets are built on soul machinery, the Secret probably involves the exporting of positional data from real space to soul space, the manipulation of said data in soul space, and then the uploading of the altered positional data back to real space.

And so and so forth up the list, with the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of information still reigning supreme in real space, but with information (position, momentum, energy levels, etc) being "fudged" by the Secret soul machinery exporting data into soul space, processing it there outside of conventional time with UNDEFINED levels of processing capabilities, and then re-uploading it to real space, all the numbers adding up from moment to quantized moment so the invisible accountants behind conventional universe is happy, but crazy space magic being possible in between those moments because soul nonsense.

*-Heck, I bet we could actually determine what the privileged inertial frame of reference is with a reasonable degree of accuracy by taking a bunch of probes going at different velocities and using them to observe which First Secret events seem, from their perspective, to be paradoxes. Wouldn't that be a crazy title for a physics paper "Measuring the Absolute Velocity of the First Secret Aether By Quantifying Apparent Causality Violations in Relativistic Space" :D

**-Note: this implies that at least the First Secret isn't going to travel outside of the galaxy very well, since distant galaxies are going to be traveling at relativistic speeds relative to one another, and so picking the privileged inertial frame of reference to be in the Milky Way would imply some very odd things happening outside the galaxy, where the same privileged inertial frame of reference would lead to some very weird seeming-paradoxes.

1. Broadly? The Shiplords know at some level that they're broken. They know that what they're doing is wrong, but they also can't see any way out of the spiral they've become part of that would actually work. The statement of "all we had to do was trust them" is relevant to this. They knew how to fix the problem, but they didn't know how to do it. And this goes back to the very core of how the Secrets were made. The way that the Consolat appeared to die to give them the universe, and how deeply that damaged them. And they don't know how to make that better. There is no human comparison, and it could be that the Sorrows are a horribly twisted attempt by the Shiplords to make others understand them. If it is, it doesn't excuse them, but knowing what they know now it's hard to avoid the possibility of that being the case.
  2. It's not really spoilers. I've said for most of this quest series that the way that humanity sees the world was more important than almost anything else. This is not something that's new, but it's still important. Much more on this would be spoilers, but I'd like to draw your attention to one thing in particular. The Lament referred to the Consolat's science as a deeply philosophical one, and this wasn't just limited to science. Consider how the Secrets work, how they become accessible to a species. You can do the science, but you have to believe that there's an answer, too.
  3. In all seriousness, this isn't a question it would be able to answer. Most races don't delve into soul science to nearly the same degree that humanity has - in truth, humanity is arguably the most advanced species in the galaxy where that's concerned. Practice gave you both the means and need to explore that field in a way that no one has since quite possibly the Consolat themselves.
Hm, now this draws some even more interesting speculation. I'm beginning to see, or think I see, what's fundamentally "wrong" with the Shiplords. When Silverking suggested that the Shiplords lacked:
a certain emotional intelligence
he might actually be correct. In particular, I'm suggesting that Shiplords, and most, maybe not all but certainly all of the species that the Shiplords ever brought to the Third Sorrow, lack something very important. They lack empathy, easy instincts that tend towards moral and ethical decision-making, emotional self-awareness.

They lack, in other words, souls. Well, sort of.

Remember the one time when Iris started forking herself? Despite each fork having its own exact copy of Iris's operating code, somehow the aggregate because less moral and ethical, more prone to discarding empathy judgments, more willing to impose her will on those she saw, at that moment, as "lesser". The implication is that all of those functions in Iris's personality were not forked, that they were located somewhere other than in her infomorph body / mind. In other words, her soul.

This is making me think that this is common for all sapient life in the PW universe, that empathy and general emotional processing is solely, or at least mainly, occurring in the soul, across species, and Shiplords just have less of this soul processing than, say, humans. Now, it seems to me that this is a double-edged sword. On one hand, having less soul/empathy means you are less affected by an equal amount of grief; this would mean, for instance, being a bit less immediately impacted by, say, a Week of Sorrows, and thus more likely to survive one. On the other hand, also having less ability to emotionally process would mean that it's more difficult to recover from grief, and being emotionally compromised, especially when it's a situation where the stress is ever-present, is something that a Shiplord just may never recover from, even with a million years to process.

TLDR: Shiplords have gingervitis. :V

Except when they do a genocide because the species hasn't proven itself worthy of the Secrets by putting up a fight.

If that was the name of the game then they'd be ecstatic whenever they found pacifists running a system. Instead we get this:
And this is what happens. You have Shiplords, all running around with essentially eternal PTSD, that they simply don't have the emotional processing capacity to ever recover from because of their weak souls, lashing out because they emotionally need other species to feel their pain, and justify it afterward by calling it an important lesson. And, bitterest of ironies, the ones that fall to their grief from the crimes that the Shiplords pour out on them, those were the very species with the deeper sorts of souls that could have understood the Consulat, could have solved the Third Sorrow, except they're not around anymore because the Shiplords inflicted so much acute trauma on them that they died of grief.

Okay, that actually does answer all the questions I had for the Last Memory. Before we leave though I think we need the Shiplord perspective on what happened here, and why it's a Sorrow:

[X] Return to the Hearthguard memorial to
- [X] Remember

Last edited:
Back