Original The Secrets' Crusade

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Let me be the first to welcome you all to what I believe is a true Sufficient Velocity rarity: a quest sequel.

For those coming from Practice War, you already know most of what I'm about to say, so bear with me for a few moments. I'm not entirely set on the system I'm going to use for this quest, but that's mostly due to how this is unlikely to be the same sort of primarily turn-based quest as Practice War was. The story laid out ahead of us, and Amanda, might not work so well for that. I'll keep you updated on this as we go, but in general, we're leaping straight into the action from where we left off.

For those of you who are clicking on this out of curiosity, I hope you don't feel overwhelmed. To be clear, I do not intend having read Practice War to be a requirement to take part in or enjoy this quest. There is a link to a wiki for the universe in a reserved post below, however, if you're curious.

Moving on, something to keep in mind is that this is an original setting. Whilst I hope for Secrets' Crusade to be the story that charts humanity's discovery of many of the hidden truths of the world, you aren't going to know those going in. And although I've done my best to explain things in the Wiki, there will always be questions that I've failed to answer.

Equally, there are things that humanity within the quest simply doesn't know, and I will be holding to the rule I set myself in Practice War on that score. You can always feel free to ask questions, and I will strive to answer them as fully as I can, but sometimes that answer is going to be 'You don't know'.
Back