The Morrsley Village Experiment

I'm wondering about the mention of Shadell having a different visitor. If we do assume that things are at their face value, and that there is only one scum on each team left (for a total of 4 scum), that only leaves you as the possible visitor.
If it was you, things are wrapped up.

If it wasn't, then my paranoia might be justified right now.

I'm wondering about the mention of Shadell having a different visitor. If we do assume that things are at their face value, and that there is only one scum on each team left (for a total of 4 scum), that only leaves you as the possible visitor.
It was me. Should I go ahead and claim at this point? I don't think it will make a difference this close to the end.

It was me. Should I go ahead and claim at this point? I don't think it will make a difference this close to the end.
So. Good news! This means that I can probably stop being paranoid about Hobo having just thrown Rosen under the bus for town cred.

The issue... Is that I think there are still three scum left. Which is troubling. I'm kinda stuck on Rosen's role and there being a backup right now.

Chop is probably the mafia support role, given that they couldn't be out killing last night.
Hybrid is probably the Serial Killer, given that he was shot and lived.
I'm not sure on who the actual killer was last night.

Blegh. Gonna need to think over this later.

Is it possible that the two flavors of kills have different effects (maybe one is a ninja and one is a strongman, or something like that) and the Bckup would have taken over whoever bit it first?

I ask just because 4 scum and a nightkill immune SK against 7+1 town is pretty heavily stacked, even with a lot of town PRs.

The kill description changed, which could mean a strongman kill, or could mean that the IV killers each have a different flavor.
It's likely a strongman kill. It's the only possible way that OneStopChopShop would've been able to go through Nictis' Roleblock.

Well, maybe not the only way. It could also be an Arsonist-type kill and they could've predicted being roleblocked, but I'm honestly not too sure on that as I don't know if those types of kills go through roleblocking or not.

Hobo had a lot of town cred already from his Day 1 play involving the town wincon. Sacrificing a team mate for a bit more seems a bit of overkill. Unless -Rosen was really that anxious to get out of the game, but even then I'd expect a sub out rather than bussing him.

Technically nothing @InterstellarHobo has given us was something that couldn't have been guessed. Scum would have known where -Rosen was, and I already said I had visited Shadell. And claiming to visit me when every visiting role but my own was accounted for would be a pretty safe claim.

But I think probably Hobo is legitimately town and this is paranoia.

I mean, the flavor says that Shadell was Burned To Cinders, so it's somewhat plausible that it could be an Arsonist-type kill with higher activation priority than the Roleblock action (as in, it activates before the Roleblock itself occurs), or something to that effect.

And now I need to be off to bed. Hopefully nothing too exciting happens in the next little bit.

So. Things.

I'm pretty sure Meso is town, but I do note that the last game IJW ran had a scum doctor.
I'm almost absolutely sure that Hobo is Town, but from night actions only would be less certain.
I'm positive that Chop is scum, but I'm running into the issue where I just don't find it very likely that they could kill past the roleblock?
Narcotic is... Probably Town. It matches up to things, and I think it'd be too early to be trying to pull a play in order to confuse the lynch? (2 Mafia + 1 SK. Hybrid is lynched (6), Nictis and Meso are killed (4) Town is forced to either no lynch or lynch SK... Maybe not too early?)
Raptor I don't know. Gut says Town, but head says nothing.

If Hybrid is Town, then the timing is right for this to potentially be a risky play by the IVs.

If Hybrid is the Serial Killer and Narcotic is scum...
Hybrid is lynched (6), Narcotic and Chop are scum. Nictis dies (5) Chop is lynched (4). Raptor dies, LyLo with probably Narcotic's lynch. If they don't kill that night, then Raptor gets lynched (3), Meso dies (2), and Narcotic wins.

I'm being paranoid here.

Blegh. I'll be back to the thread later.

I'm gonna go do something. Or sleep. Definitely one of the two.

(Nictis: haven't read post yet)

I don't think two more Independant Variables is plausible- there is almost certainly one Independant Variable and one Serial Killer.

If the game started with four IVs and one SK, then there's eight town, with not-quite-aligned win conditions. Even with the amount of role power being flung about, that seems unreasonable.

(Nictis: haven't read post yet)

I don't think two more Independant Variables is plausible- there is almost certainly one Independant Variable and one Serial Killer.

If the game started with four IVs and one SK, then there's eight town, with not-quite-aligned win conditions. Even with the amount of role power being flung about, that seems unreasonable.
Honestly, the Town role power isn't that high if it's assumed that I'm out acting to kill the vigilante.

The problem is that I don't really trust IJW with role power design. He had four doctors last game who could all identify each other if they visited the same person.

Every role so far has been pretty standard in name. Gunsmith, Backup, Doctor, Roleblocker, Vigilante. Then there's Gunner. Which is making me paranoid.

If the role is 'Gunner' then was the first night kill special and the second one the regular? What does the Backup do with "Gunner"?

Plus Chop got blocked, so is it more likely that their kill just ignored my roleblock or that they are a support member?

It's making me paranoid.

Random thought, how do y'all feel about lynching Chop first? They got through my roleblock at least once, so we could lynch them and I'd block Hybrid instead tonight?

Not sure I want to bet on the fiery death being a one-shot thing if it ignores me.

Some of you suspect me of being scum eh? I'd have said that lynching Rosen was a bad idea, but then I remembered that I was the one who brought down the hammer. As for missing cues, admittedly I'm not that good at reading people in general.

I mean, the flavor says that Shadell was Burned To Cinders, so it's somewhat plausible that it could be an Arsonist-type kill with higher activation priority than the Roleblock action (as in, it activates before the Roleblock itself occurs), or something to that effect.
Hypothetically, if we go by this theory, then the night actions for last night could be as follows:

• Mesonoxian does their visit.
  • IH watches Mesonoxian do their visit.
  • Shadell gets information as the Gunsmith, but doesn't get to share it as she dies before Night ends.
  • OneStopChopShop uses Strongman and/or Arsonist-type ability to kill Shadell.
  • Nictis roleblocks OneStopChopShop.
  • Hybrid, the person most likely to be SK, kills Cyricubed.
  • I attempt and fail to kill Hybrid, likely due to their probable Night-kill immunity.

I'm probably missing something, but with what we have to go off of with this hypothetical situation, it's almost certain that OneStopChopShop likely used a Strongman and/or Arsonist-type kill and that Hybrid has night-kill immunity, thus likely to being the Pink SK that has an odd fetish for cutting people into ribbons.

I also agree with IH and Meso in that having four IV + SK as total overall scum is kinda unreasonable, even with the amount of power roles that we seemed to have in play.

If Hybrid is the Serial Killer and Narcotic is scum...
Hybrid is lynched (6), Narcotic and Chop are scum. Nictis dies (5) Chop is lynched (4). Raptor dies, LyLo with probably Narcotic's lynch. If they don't kill that night, then Raptor gets lynched (3), Meso dies (2), and Narcotic wins.
You are severely overestimating my capabilities lol. The suspicion is reasonable, but I do not possess the Galaxy Brain™ intelligence and planning necessary to be able to perform plays like that.

Now, time for me to go back to sleep. One hour of sleep is not good for the brain after being awake for 30+ hours.

I feel like a mass claim would be helpful, honestly. Meso's role is pretty guessable, ItzNarcotic, Nictis and I have all claimed power roles, so there isn't a shortage of targets.

Random thought, how do y'all feel about lynching Chop first? They got through my roleblock at least once, so we could lynch them and I'd block Hybrid instead tonight?

Not sure I want to bet on the fiery death being a one-shot thing if it ignores me.
Hmm, that's a fair enough request I suppose. I don't think Hybrid has Roleblock immunity, so getting rid of OneStopChopShop, the one who we suspect previously bypassed roleblocking over the one we presume to not be immune to roleblocking, would be better overall and has a greater chance of more people surviving Night 3.

I would post my vote, but I'm paranoid that people will wagon the vote over the night and trigger Hammer. I also want to see what Hybrid and OneStopChopShop have to say, as I want to at least give them a chance to defend themselves.

I feel like a mass claim would be helpful, honestly. Meso's role is pretty guessable, ItzNarcotic, Nictis and I have all claimed power roles, so there isn't a shortage of targets.
I wouldn't be surprised if RaptorusMaximus is actually a normal Test Subject. ondine and Cyricubed were normal Test Subjects, and I don't know what other role RaptorusMaximus could actually be, especially if we don't take the claim they stated earlier at face-value.

With the amount of power roles in play, I wouldn't doubt that there's at least 3 vanilla Townies to balance the game, with RaptorusMaximus being the remaining one from that group of three.

I agree that claims would be nice to see, though. It would help to pin down the remaining suspects much more easily, even though I already have my suspicions on who I think is what role from the group of remaining and unclaimed individuals.

Putting this tally here just so I can compare it with one from tomorrow morning after I wake up.

Now, time to actually go to bed and sleep.

Sorry, just woke up. Firstly, I did not get any indication that I was targetted last night accept for what ItzNarcotic said in the chat and he has been slightly shady this game although I do agree that OneStopChopShop is more worthy of the lynch so
[x]Lynch OneStopChopShop
P.S. is it possible that Nictis has an obsession role or something, he has been after me since Day 1

Back