The Morrsley Village Experiment

You both have more or less openly admitted to knowing something...which I can't understand why you both did that back to back. It's just painted a target on your backs so I almost want to press for an explanation here.
It painted a target, and so you want to paint a bigger target?

Hmm. There's a.. claim, I guess, that seems to be implicitly bandied about, that confirming town is 'painting a target' (or otherwise unwise).
Nictis has made some variety of this claim I believe, I recall Shadell doing likewise, and now you.
(Will grab quotes in a follow up post, or specify my wrongness)

Can you argue this point?
Cause I don't see this being altogether reasonable. Like, unless this game is dreadfully far from the 'informed minority/uninformed majority' setup characteristic of Mafia games, scum doesn't lack targets.

Hmm. There's a.. claim, I guess, that seems to be implicitly bandied about, that confirming town is 'painting a target' (or otherwise unwise).
Nictis has made some variety of this claim I believe, I recall Shadell doing likewise, and now you.
(Will grab quotes in a follow up post, or specify my wrongness)

Can you argue this point?
Cause I don't see this being altogether reasonable. Like, unless this game is dreadfully far from the 'informed minority/uninformed majority' setup characteristic of Mafia games, scum doesn't lack targets.
Well, my take about the situation. I'm sure if I'm wrong about that, one of the Vets will correct me:

You are right that in general it is good to have confirmed town. But the issue with painting a target on your back here is the following:
- Given the situation you are conf town, town knows you are town. So nobody suspects you and it's possible that your voice gets more weight.

- Scum knows you are town and they know that everybody knows that. So it's suitable to try to pocket you. If scum can't pocket you, you are a danger without any value left. If you weren't conf, scum could use you as a possible distraction, a possible "scum" to be lynched.
You have now definitely lost any value you had left for scum and are rather a nuisance. And it's highly likely scum will kill this nuisance asap to muddy the waters again.

So you are a target with value on your head now. Town PRs (doctor) know this as well. So you have an increased chance of getting night killed and an increased chance to get protected by a doctor. Which might have protected the other PR that got killed in that night. Or not.
Mind that last paragraph goes deep into wine.

So you are a target with value on your head now. Town PRs (doctor) know this as well. So you have an increased chance of getting night killed and an increased chance to get protected by a doctor. Which might have protected the other PR that got killed in that night. Or not.
Mind that last paragraph goes deep into wine.

This, but it's more along the lines that you've both gone ahead and done so but in sense that your both giving the impression your more informed than the rest of us...which leads me initially to think scum trying to look like informed town. Or you could really be informed town which your play footing around with the info and revealed you have such.

Fake-Edit:
Well, the last edit isn't exactly wine yet but it leads to massive wine.

New post:
So, @ItzNarcotic, @TheBiggerFish and @RaptorusMaximus

if we had a showdown right now between our "runner-ups" of Nictis, Shadell and ondine, who would you vote if you had to vote? Or do you have anyone you are even more suspicious of?
I'm particularly interested in your reasoning.

This, but it's more along the lines that you've both gone ahead and done so but in sense that your both giving the impression your more informed than the rest of us...which leads me initially to think scum trying to look like informed town. Or you could really be informed town which your play footing around with the info and revealed you have such.
Ok. I can't see a possible way pressing this is helpful to town.

I agree with IH here. You keep pushing. If you're town and we're town then this is bad news for town. And if you're town and we're scum then you're not actually going to prove anything or get us to claim anything. This only reads as you trying to get us to claim town which is bad for town and good for scum. I really don't like this.

Fake-Edit:
Well, the last edit isn't exactly wine yet but it leads to massive wine.

New post:

if we had a showdown right now between our "runner-ups" of Nictis, Shadell and ondine, who would you vote if you had to vote? Or do you have anyone you are even more suspicious of?

Hey @Tykan why don't you give us your thoughts as well. Also, what do you mean runner ups? If you just mean people who are being voted for then @RaptorusMaximus also has a vote on him.

Also, I'd respectfully like to add Cyricubed to this discussion, because he keeps pushing some shifty stuff. And I think others would agree with that.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Tykan on Jan 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM, finished with 314 posts and 9 votes.

Hey @Tykan why don't you give us your thoughts as well. Also, what do you mean runner ups? If you just mean people who are being voted for then @RaptorusMaximus also has a vote on him.

Also, I'd respectfully like to add Cyricubed to this discussion, because he keeps pushing some shifty stuff. And I think others would agree with that.
With runner-ups I meant the people with votes on them. Mind those aren't really waggons yet or really meaningful lynchs with only one vote each. I didn't include Raptorus since I was asking him and the vote on him was a try by Rosen to get him to talk a bit IIRC.
Right now I'm mostly fishing for some input, to get a read of them/ a bit more data and something else.

And my own thoughts... hmm. Not really sure yet but I haven't made real notes yet, those will follow tomorrow with hopefully some more solid reads.
If I had to lynch now:
I'm not really sold on anyone of you three being scum yet. I'd probably lynch Shadell, by PoE. You and Nictis are what I call for myself thread drivers. You both post stuff, you drive the discussion, create and force content. I'm generally against lynching those people on D1 unless there is pretty solid evidence. It tends to kill the discussion in later days.
Mind Shadell gave us our first point of discussion, but there wasn't much else yet as of late.

Nictis and Shadell have both pretty obviously missed the shibboleth.

TBH the "shibboleth" is understanding the rules of mafia, that town would automatically win immediately if there was no other faction. This is quite guessable, regardless of whether or not you've seen the town role cards, though clearer if you have. Or maybe it's something else. Plausibly all role cards are different. Plausibly people missed something you've seen in yours. The point is that knowing more than one faction exists is available before the game even starts unless things look really weird.

It also doesn't actually prove the assertion that self-identifying non-town exist. There are a number of possible things you could be jumping on, particularly since you're willing to claim, but unwilling to actually say anything useful to support this.

I have, meanwhile, made a pretty extensive argument why town shouldn't claim immediately, particularly with so many unknowns. You read those two posts and immediately declared me scum for not claiming by answering your question. I don't feel the need to repeat it tbh. Like I didn't play on your script; I made an argument why no one should play on your script; and you called me scum for not playing exactly as you predicted town would.

Anyway, my guess right now is town on IH and Ondine, 3P or scum on Nictis and Cyri. Hard null most of the rest. That said, I think IH and Ondine are being very unhelpful as town atm, or very clever if not, and, again, the "shibboleth" used for this judgement isn't actually a reliable tool in the first place since cards might look pretty different than expected.

I believe @ondine is tentatively honest about everything, but also too certain for us knowing nearly nothing yet, though I also think she's likely reading too deeply into an early throw-away line from me that doesn't actually match up in the way she believes.

Players in communication are usually given a Quick Topic to talk in dood

What does this mean.

New post:

I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for anyone, I haven't seen any behavior or read any arguments that would, at this time, allow me to feel confident in voting for any of them. Or anyone else.

I might vote for myself just for the meme tho, if I started getting Wagoned.

What does this mean.
If you are supposed to have a means of communication with any other player(s) you would be given a link to a specific offsite thread that only you and they would have access to. This way, the GM can keep an eye on things in the chat, and it can be viewed by other players once the game is over. These forums are often called QTs or Quick Topics because that is the name of a convenient site for setting up such threads.

Communicating with other players about the game in any other way but in this thread is cheating unless the GM has explicitly provided that means for you.

So even if you are given info about another player, you should not contact them about the game via Private Message or any other means outside the thread or a GM provided forum.

You both have more or less openly admitted to knowing something...which I can't understand why you both did that back to back. It's just painted a target on your backs so I almost want to press for an explanation here.
It almost feels like they're claiming to know something, but those somethings are actually different?

Makes me think these two aren't teamed together atm.

Unless I'm looking at this from the wrong angle because frankly I'm done with this role card stuff now

That being said, if IH thinks that the information he has isn't particularly helpful, I'd rather not press him to reveal it, since I do carry a fair bit of trust in him based on his early play.

Hm.
[X] Lynch Cyriccubed

I reread Shadell's posts, and it is somewhat plausible that they have been carefully trying to look like they might not be town.
I don't think that's the case, but it's probably not enough to lynch on.

Cyriccubed and Nictis are pretty likely to genuinely not be town.
My latest interaction with Cyriccubed in particular very much reads like them trying to find out if I have a power role which gave me the information that all town has.

Hm.
[X] Lynch Cyriccubed

I reread Shadell's posts, and it is somewhat plausible that they have been carefully trying to look like they might not be town.
I don't think that's the case, but it's probably not enough to lynch on.

Cyriccubed and Nictis are pretty likely to genuinely not be town.
My latest interaction with Cyriccubed in particular very much reads like them trying to find out if I have a power role which gave me the information that all town has.
What do your reads look like outside of these three, out of curiosity?

Also, what made you pick Cyri to press over Nictis here, if I may inquire about that as well?

Right. I've been quiet for a bit to watch things develop, and also mostly because I've been busy or asleep.

Nictis and Shadell have both pretty obviously missed the shibboleth.
I think there is probably no benefit at this particular point in time to publicly revealing what is up. It would almost certainly drag the conversation even more thoroughly to the topic, and the more that happens the easier it is to fakeclaim without running afoul of the topic.

I also don't think there's much if any more value to be gotten out of the topic.
I really don't like the way you and ondine are dodging the subject dood!
I'm starting to get to the point where I'm willing to focus entirely on lynching one of you two, since you aren't willing to back up what you're saying dood!

Need to finish catching up, but we'll see dood!

I really don't like the way you and ondine are dodging the subject dood!
I'm starting to get to the point where I'm willing to focus entirely on lynching one of you two, since you aren't willing to back up what you're saying dood!

Need to finish catching up, but we'll see dood!
Even after IH's play puts him in a VERY likely position to be Town?

You'd be basically be advocating only for an ondine lynch barring anything catastrophic happening on IH's part, since as it stands right now you're not going to get support for an IH lynch.

For all that I have pointed the finger at Shadell, and for all that I don't want it pointed at me, I should say I think it's a poor choice to kill someone because they post more or less in the thread. And by that measure there are a lot of people who have posted less than Shadell has. Why aren't you on them?

I agree with you on Nictis and Cyri. I think I will switch my vote to him for now. He definitely has been pushing things that seem blatantly anti-town.

[X] lynch Cyricubed

I understand with the hammer that people are reluctant to lynch someone, but we are nearly 2/3rds through the day guys. Who are you thinking right now?

What question is that @Nictis ? To claim one way or another? Why would either of us do that?

Even after IH's play puts him in a VERY likely position to be Town?

You'd be basically be advocating only for an ondine lynch barring anything catastrophic happening on IH's part, since as it stands right now you're not going to get support for an IH lynch.
I'm really curious as to how you got to IH made a play and is obviously town. Ondine backed up that play (along with meso I might add) and she's obviously scum.

Sounds like you're trying to get rid of the person who least trusts you.

I'm really curious as to how you got to IH made a play and is obviously town. Ondine backed up that play (along with meso I might add) and she's obviously scum.

Sounds like you're trying to get rid of the person who least trusts you.
I've literally already gone over this. You regurgitating the same argument doesn't help your case here.

(Also, my apologies if this is not super coherent. I'll answer questions/give quotes if need be but I'm fairly sick and a little brain fogged so I'm sorry if I'm not clear.)

Back