"It's him?"

"I hope not. It has been quiet for many years."

"Are we investigating?"

"What good would it be if he is? And if it is not, we could annoy him..."

"Hell."
I'm slightly bothered by the thought that DoomSlayer!Taylor can be mistaken for Sleeper. I'm not sure which side of that comparison is scarier, that Sleeper is on par with someone worshiped as a god of bloody vengeance IN HELL, or that the Doom Marine is as scary as a being that borderline eldritch god Khepri couldn't handle and which canonically ate a planet.

Bad times for Bet either way.

I like how, of everyone who sensed her coming, the only person at all who was cheerful about it was Dinah. Even Glaistig Uiane was decidedly out of sorts.

Her coming was foretold.
Her presence, feared.
Her father, relieved.

The pizza? Was tasty.

And Brockton Bay had one more day to remain standing.

"SHE COMES," the blonde girl said absently
I've been looking forward to it.

A twelve year old girl sat bolt upright in bed, her eyes wide in the dark of her room. "100% CHANCE SHE COMES,"
Dinah's been looking at weird sites.

"SHE IS NEARLY HERE!" she said very quietly under her breath. In a more normal, although still somewhat disturbing voice, she added "100% chance of a fucker getting fucked."
Which one Snake-Fucker, Nazi-Fucker, rage-Fucker, Junkie-Fucker? Yes to them all.

*Drinks* Was it good for you? I'm still looking forward to everything. The Shards themselves are going nuts.

The tall young man froze, making his girlfriend look at him then appear worried, before slowly tipping to the side, his face locked in a look of horror.

Calling for her sister the blonde caught him and lowered him to the carpet, very worried indeed. When the other girl came running into the living room she was gently slapping her boyfriend's face and trying to get him to wake up, without success.
I believe I called this sometime ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong I don't want to go look for my own post just to satisfy/kick my ego.

They got to work, ignoring the noise as half a dozen emergency vehicles went past. Again, it wasn't exactly unusual around these parts and they had customers to deal with.
Taylor... good job at kicking the nest.

ahem you know this is actually a perfect summation of everyone's thought process upon this event

somehow I feel like everyone despite having an idea of what is coming they are still woefully unprepared for the absolute rage that is DOOM Taylor

Nah. Off-the-rack doom will suffice.
Nah, but Taylor is the Queen of Escalation! Doom Guy kills demons, does his job and then goes to sleep for the next apocalypse.
Taylor will probably kill all the demons, then destroy hell, before deciding that she needs to destroy whatever makes demons in the first place. Probably God, but maybe she isn't crazy?

What's hilarious would be with her pseudo-tinker capabilities she ends up working for the DWU. All that tasty, useful waste ready to be re-purposed into ammunition, weapon, spare disposable armor pieces and adapted tech/toys for the DWU to play with all the while cleaning up abandoned ships, equipment and buildings (gotta do quality testing somewhere). Because Taylor may be angry, but that doesn't mean she's selfish. Just don't steal her kills. Seriously. Don't.

"Sir, there's a new power in the bay. They posses overwhelming firepower!"

"Another gang? Ahh hell, things are gonna go to sh*t real fast."

"No, sir. Not a gang, I mean a superpower."

"You mean a Parahuman."

"No, I mean national-level military superpower. But a single person."

"... f*ck this sh*t, gimme a beer. Now."

Last edited:
Four hours before The Winslow Event

"Gott im Himmel, wohin ging die Stadt? Ist dieser Krater radioaktiv?"

"Nein, aber der Durchmesser beträgt fast einen halben Kilometer, und niemand weiß genau, wie tief er noch ist."

"Wir brauchen sofort ein Team vor Ort, volle Schutzausrüstung."

"Jawohl."

The only times I've heard/read this phrase outside of prayers is when non-german speaking authors use it...
"Mein Gott" or "Großer Gott" would be more natural.

wohin ging die stadt?
Literal translation of "where did the city go" but very poor German. What you want is "wo ist die Stadt hin?"

Very old way of saying "yes" and nowadays almost exclusively used in the military and even there only as formal response to orders during basic training or formal events.

What's hilarious would be with her pseudo-tinker capabilities she ends up working for the DMW. All that tasty, useful waste ready to be re-purposed into ammunition, weapon, spare disposable armor pieces and adapted tech/toys for the DMW to play with all the while cleaning up abandoned ships, equipment and buildings (gotta do quality testing somewhere). Because Taylor may be angry, but that doesn't mean she's selfish. Just don't steal her kills. Seriously. Don't.

The DMW? I'm assuming you mean the DWA/DWU?

"Это ... он?"

"Я надеюсь, что нет. Это было тихо в течение многих лет."

"Мы расследуем?"

"Что хорошего было бы, если это он? И если это не так, мы могли бы раздражать его ..."

"Черт возьми."
I really wish that had invisitext or spoilered translations. Although it would break my scraper, so maybe it's fine.
"Oh dear lord, what's that?!"

"I have no fucking idea but it's the angriest thing I've ever seen in my life."
For some reason I love this quote.
"Why are you guys in my bedroom?" she asked quizzically. "And on the floor?"

She tilted her head. "And why are there so many sirens going off out there?"

The other three slowly stood up, exchanged glances, then the two young men grabbed her arms and over her protestations carried her down the stairs while their remaining friend hastily packed everything important. In a surprisingly short period of time they were in a slightly-stolen van heading away from the direction the blast, which had been upsettingly close, had come from.
"Guys? Guys? What were all the sirens...?"
Which one Snake-Fucker, Nazi-Fucker, rage-Fucker, Junkie-Fucker? Yes to them all.
How about TehCrimsonFckr? They'd get along quite well. Although I'm not sure the city would survive an Enthusiastic Walk.
Hellsing Ultimate Abridged did get one thing right about Taylor, though. :D

Honestly Taylors arsenal is almost certainly leagues above the vanilla doom slayers, unlike him she took the time to read the manuals, lab data and every scrap of future science knowledge she could get her hands on then upgraded the hell out of her gear.

Her basic Plasma Rifle probably hits as hard as Doomguys normal BFG.

I'm just expecting Sergio's to see a major uptick in regular business as a large group of very... unique individuals visit to experience the food She Who Comes choose as her first meal.

"I've seen weirder" indeed... not for long!

The other three slowly stood up, exchanged glances, then the two young men grabbed her arms and over her protestations carried her down the stairs while their remaining friend hastily packed everything important. In a surprisingly short period of time they were in a slightly-stolen van heading away from the direction the blast, which had been upsettingly close, had come from.

I initially though it was odd that Brian would run off without grabbing Aisha, no matter how spooked he is.

Then I realized that Aisha's power probably forced her to spontaneously trigger the moment Taylor arrived, and is now doing its best to keep everyone from noticing them or remembering that they even exist.

How badass is this Taylor where her mere presence is enough to scare all the sensory shards into being her heralds?
On a seperate note, we may finally learn if the Simurgh can GTFO.

Back