How badass is this Taylor where her mere presence is enough to scare all the sensory shards into being her heralds?
On a seperate note, we may finally learn if the Simurgh can GTFO.

The world was warned days before Her arrival. Repeatedly.

Then she wipes out a bunch of longstanding S-class threats... and apparently drops by Sleeper's for tea, for all the Russians know.

For all her rage-powered intelligence, knowledge, superscience, speed, strength, grace, and literal eldrich powers, she is NOT STEALTHY.

Not that it matters.

So... is Dinah sneaking out for pizza soon?

Anyone else thinking that Taylor is going to go "To the Pain" on Emma, but rather than quote or bluff, actually do it?

You know that the two of them have almost certainly seen that movie when they were younger.

(First your feet at the ankles, then your hands at the wrists...)

That was an awful chapter, but in a way it was the peak mppi chapter I've been waiting for since the start of the thread. Just thousands of words of character after character expressing dread (or giggling) about the same thing that is either happening, has happened, or will happen.

I'm glad this story had its good points, and it's not like I won't keep skimming for a while for the good parts, but I hope they don't get overwhelmed by endless... this.

Anyone else thinking that Taylor is going to go "To the Pain" on Emma, but rather than quote or bluff, actually do it?

You know that the two of them have almost certainly seen that movie when they were younger.

Probably no; DOOM!Taylor seems more inclined to overkill than underkill. Killing people very quickly, not killing people slowly.

The twelve year old girl produced a faint snigger as she wrote in a small notebook under the illumination of her bedside lamp which she'd sneakily turned on in defiance of her bedtime.

"SHE IS NEARLY HERE!" she said very quietly under her breath. In a more normal, although still somewhat disturbing voice, she added "100% chance of a fucker getting fucked."

Giggling a little, she closed the book, put it under her pillow, and turned the light out.
Dinah, language. Also Dinah is far too excited for someone in the splash radius.
Then again, she knows what Coil wanted to do to her...
The tall young man froze, making his girlfriend look at him then appear worried, before slowly tipping to the side, his face locked in a look of horror.

Calling for her sister the blonde caught him and lowered him to the carpet, very worried indeed. When the other girl came running into the living room she was gently slapping her boyfriend's face and trying to get him to wake up, without success.
Gallant, meanwhile, did not deserve this. But I'd imagine that catatonia is better than being given a direct view of the supernova of hate that Taylor currently is.
Also, Dinah is a super adorable cinnamon bun and potential Shoulder Loli as a result.
Also potential High Priestess of HER and leader of the Daemons that follow.

Yes. That was a PPG reference. XD
100% chance that Dinah dressed up as a little imp riding on Taylor's shoulder and encouraging her to destroy everything would be absolutely adorable.
Shame that about 5 feet behind Taylor is the safest place to be on Earth Bet.

"All we can tell is that we think a girl died here."

"We think. How, in the name of all those years at detective school, do you end up with 'we think someone died here'."

"Aside from the blood splatter and chunky gibblets, the walking nightmare over there reloaded her shotgun with malicious intent and said 'rest in pieces, Emma'. We presume Emma being the vic... er... gibblets."

"... case closed, no leads, do not reopen on pain of Taylor."

I really hope no one decides to interrupt Taylor getting her some Pizza finally. That would be a mess no one wants to clean up.
Well, there is a smart thing to do: Walk in, look around, and calmly order a 'za of their own, then sit at a nearby table and chat while waiting. The city is a little loud tonight, it's making some people nervous. Her father had let them know she was missing, so it's good she's back, but they would like to know what all happened. Maybe she could fill them in, since it's kind of their job to stay on top of that kind of stuff, and try to keep people safe from it. Doesn't mean they always can, but all anyone can do is try, right?

Not being pushy, let alone aggressive. This feels most like Assault of the available PRT-side characters, possibly accompanied by Battery, but maybe Kid Win or Clockblacker. Even if Gallant wasn't down from Thinker/prophecy backlash, he's usually portrayed as a little too much on the Lawful side to take the light touch with someone who may well have just been involved in blowing up part of the local landscape, same for most of the rest of the Protectorate.

e:
Now that is complete bull. Death by a pizza? Please!
It was topped with extra sharp cheddar.

This was actually the preferred weapon of iconic villain Flatphoot, arch-nemesis of Wonder Grunion and Trashman the Dumpster Detective in the old Superguy writing group...

Last edited:
Okay a few things.

1. This is the funniest chapter yet! I can't wait for a PHO seqment!
  2. There needs to be a Doom!Taylor and Varga!Taylor omake
  3. Who is going to get DOOMed first?
  4. I think it'd be funny if on Taylor's first cape escapaed she gets pissed (which isn't unusual in the slightest) and stomps up and screams "I'M GOING TO POUR MY PAIN INTO YOUR SOUL!!!!!!" like Krieg from Borderlands 2.

"All we can tell is that we think a girl died here."

"We think. How, in the name of all those years at detective school, do you end up with 'we think someone died here'."

"Aside from the blood splatter and chunky gibblets, the walking nightmare over there reloaded her shotgun with malicious intent and said 'rest in pieces, Emma'. We presume Emma being the vic... er... gibblets."

"... case closed, no leads, do not reopen on pain of Taylor."
I meant that she would go for "a fate worse than death". Taylor knows that Emma derives a lot of her self-esteem from her good looks. Thus mutilating Emma till people go "dear god, what is that thing?"
Can we tone down the ITG? Thanks.

Besides which? In my mind, she just cusses out Emma so badly, she goes into her room and never comes out.

In a more normal, although still somewhat disturbing voice, she added "100% chance of a fucker getting fucked."

This line. This line is right up there with, "Fucker fucking missiles. I don't know how they work. They do this."

100% chance that Dinah dressed up as a little imp riding on Taylor's shoulder and encouraging her to destroy everything would be absolutely adorable.

And now I'm imagining Dinah in mini-armor. *SQUEEEEEEEEE*

Besides which? In my mind, she just cusses out Emma so badly, she goes into her room and never comes out.
!
Only goes into her room and never comes out!? Do you not recall what happened when she started swearing earlier?! I suspect Emma will lose a few inches of her amazingly maintained hair as it spontaneously ignites as Taylor just offhand swears in Emma's direction. The shame of which drives her into her room, and the fear that Taylor just swearing at her caused it to happen will keep her from ever coming out.

But yes, at this point, I would imagine that Taylor really just sees Emma and Sophia as beneath her. I don't think she'll gun them down, unless then go for her or her father first. That said, I think Danny will get his sweet vengeance against them (public and legal-ish), while Taylor rapidly gets ENRA-annoyed-GED by some other 'poor' schmucks that think they can use/abuse Taylor (thinking she's a Tinker+, rather than a Demonically Supped-up Thinker with experience and anger issues) and her new toys really soon.

I'm slightly bothered by the thought that DoomSlayer!Taylor can be mistaken for Sleeper. I'm not sure which side of that comparison is scarier, that Sleeper is on par with someone worshiped as a god of bloody vengeance IN HELL, or that the Doom Marine is as scary as a being that borderline eldritch god Khepri couldn't handle and which canonically ate a planet.

Bad times for Bet either way.

Cconsidering Taydoom ended up in far northern woods at about the same time?

I'm pretty sure she gave Sleeper one hell of a scare. The Russians were worried because Sleeper may have woken up...unaware that he was about to piss in fear about as much as his watchers.

But yes, at this point, I would imagine that Taylor really just sees Emma and Sophia as beneath her.

You haven't been paying very close attention, have you? I expect all three of the trio will be right on the top of Taylor's kill list; the only chance of survival for the Bitches Three would be if Taylor curses them out so badly her words flay the skin from their bodies, and she decides a quick swim in the bay would be punishment enough after that.

literallytooangrytodie.meme

Earth Bet, we hardly knew ye.

I'm now imagining that any demons that meet Gallant (even if he's unconscious) either congratulate him on his endarkenment or spare him a look of undisguised envy, for he possesses emotion-sight and thus can see more clearly than anyone else the true awe-inspiring majesty of Her anger.

Back