[X] Build 20*M-99 Drum Magazines (1000 Resources) (Obviously)
[X] Research Jagdhund Range Upgrade*10 (200 Resources)

If things keep going like this, Devlin's going to develop an inordinate amount of spite for the kaiju.

Does that not include cleaning the blue? Or was that included in keeping the brains?

If it bothers you that much, remember; there's still a good chunk of Anteverse Ecosystem growing there. Blue works fine in those environments.

Oh, and that reminds me...

Anteverse Harvesting: +700 Resources!

Total Resources to Spend: 15300!

I almost forgot you were harvesting in the first place.

If it bothers you that much, remember; there's still a good chunk of Anteverse Ecosystem growing there. Blue works fine in those environments.

Oh, and that reminds me...

Anteverse Harvesting: +700 Resources!

Total Resources to Spend: 15300!

I almost forgot you were harvesting in the first place.
This, pretty much. It's just not worth it to bother worrying about the Kaiju Blue when there is an entire alien ecosystem occupying the area.
These are fine explanations that I can agree with; thanks for making that more clear —
It kind of does. If it makes no difference, why spend resources and risk our citizens lives.
f*k this tho

Saving the world but abandoning other innocents that could be in other places we fight is bullshit, and I'll have no part of it.

These are fine explanations that I can agree with; thanks for making that more clear — — f*k this tho

Saving the world but abandoning other innocents that could be in other places we fight is bullshit, and I'll have no part of it.
I agree with the sentiment, but I think it's misplaced here.

There aren't any humans around, neither are there settlements nearby or travellers to be seen. The only things here are alien plants and creatures that will grow again once we leave, and we can't reclaim this place because it's too far away and not valuable enough to justify the investment. We will reclaim this place, as well as the rest of the country and planet, but we can't do that yet because we have neither the resources, manpower or infrastructure to do so.

I'll take those 10 rolls. 1d10+8 for each one. Points are scored on a 2+ and don't roll over.

Get ready for giant monsters.

Week 28: Downtime, Part 2
With little time remaining, engineering scrambles to finish the work on Jagdhund. More than 2000 rounds of MM-99-type ammo are rolled out, three of those 100-round mags are loaded into the jaeger's backpack, and the remaining ones go into storage.

20 MM-99 drum magazines built! Jagdhund's ammo stores are full! 27 drums in storage!

With a little more data available, it's easy for the programming team to complete the comparability of their update with the ANGEL OS, and install it.

Jagdhund to Ran 4! 16/20 stat points used!

It's a boost that'll be very badly needed.

<ALERT! INBOUND KAIJU SIGNATURE DETECTED!>
<CLASSIFICATION:
CATEGORY V!>

Roll scanners (1d10+6)!

Last edited:
Even as the civilians head to their shelters, the scanners are hard at work. Within a minute, the data is back on the kaiju.

It's fast.

Really fucking fast.

Aside from that, the kaiju's radiation output is astonishing, and K-Science wouldn't be surprised if it could use this radiation as an attack. It's smaller than the last Cat V, but that's no real indication of how dangerous it is.

SE-26-041 "Ascalon" is 40 kilometres away, and closing very rapidly. You have just about a fifth of an hour before it reaches you.

Well, shit. An atomic speedster. Gonna have to sue Tacit's Sound breaker here, for sure.

How about we meet it, 20, 15 Km away and deploy everything to Shoot it Down? I foresee Agility and Cjarge gimmicks for this SoB so getting it softened up before melee is going to be a good idea.

We'll need better weapons and maybe an upgrade to the Solid Fuel Thrusters, at this rate. I do like Tacit the Rocket Jaeger.

That makes...12 minutes.

I wonder how much of Ascalon's Cat V status is from its clearly insane speed capacity.

Especially for a Cat V.

EDIT: Additional thought - I wonder if this speed thing is a representation of the guys on the other side of the breach taking notice of the success we've had with dodging and winning battles largely by situations where we try not to get hit and trying to incorporate that into their strategy.

Last edited:
You know... if you guys actually beat Ascalon, you should be only about 5000 from a Mk. I Jaeger Frame.

Food for thought.

Mmmm... what were our Jaeger ideas again? My pet project Revolver Shogun, Trailblazer Yamato, aaand I think someone had their own pet project of a paladin Jaeger that I forget the name of.

Back