Those were ultimately us boosting a Galbinus op and acting as a local self defense element. The intended role of the DFRI was to have a wider reach than the American continent. Rather than being a regional equivalent to the other Super Robots, I'm relatively certain.
I already said we had help with Bandit, right? Reiterating that won't change the validity of my statement any.

As for "acting as local self defense," you're really just nitpicking at this point. Mercury had to hitch a ride on a ship, we have our own private (custom-made!) dropship. Obviously we're gonna be more mobile than him; the only way he could possibly beat us there is if he's already on-site.

Honestly, the one I'm curious about is the Valiant; we've seen it in action, but we don't know much about the logistics backing it up. How does she get to where she needs to go?

So we have three main assets here. The robot, the ship, and the mooks. To be frank our most important goal is to maintain strength until not-Mazinger can come out to play. Frankly sending our mecha alone into brawl with the kajiu is a fucking terrible idea we would get jumped to hell and back immediately. I saw hold the lines at the base until its ready and then go jump the kajiu

I already said we had help with Bandit, right? Reiterating that won't change the validity of my statement any.

As for "acting as local self defense," you're really just nitpicking at this point
You cant really accuse someone of nitpicking when you're the one who stepped in with the "AKSHUALLY" in the first place. A stress test is precisely what it sounds like.

A test of performance under harsh circumstances. And here we are, with us sending assets out across the planet because they're available, and not because they're perfectly ready.

Your statement is basically a non sequitur as a response to my own in the first place. So what if what I was talking about doesnt change the validity of your own response?

Zero remains zero regardless.

Hey now, keep it civil!

Also, one last note: the experimental cannons will fire of their own accord as the battle progresses, so there's no need to focus on them. Fixed defenses in Super Robot anime are never meant to last, after all!

ship on long range support. flyers on clearing the sly best they can.
bot, try`s for one of the smaller ones too even out it somewhat!

Alright back at it yeah!

Anyway in my eye's our primary objective here is to stall for time and make sure those Kaiju don't reach the institute with the added bonus of us killing one of them in the process of that. But again that's a bonus, and thankfully the Perseus and it's pilots are generally defensive minded which is useful for this situation.

And while long range options are lacking that's partly compensated by the Marine Air Wing and our Pegasus that's flying support.

You cant really accuse someone of nitpicking when you're the one who stepped in with the "AKSHUALLY" in the first place. A stress test is precisely what it sounds like.

A test of performance under harsh circumstances. And here we are, with us sending assets out across the planet because they're available, and not because they're perfectly ready.

Your statement is basically a non sequitur as a response to my own in the first place. So what if what I was talking about doesnt change the validity of your own response?

Zero remains zero regardless.
A fine excuse to sweep our achievements under the rug. You're utterly dismissing the relevance of "suddenly, kaiju" for reasons that are, quite frankly, completely impossible for me to even identify, let alone comprehend. We were instrumental in Bandit's defeat, despite being technically inferior and plagued with a series of bad rolls on top of that. I also omitted the part where we have beaten the separatists on two separate occasions- a direct assault on our home base, and the Beast (the latter with assistance from Valiant, and both using incomplete prototypes, aka the exact criteria you're using to define "stress test").

Face it: We have already proven ourselves to be relevant combatants many times over, and our mere presence on this front proves that we are, in fact, a global entity rather than a mere local defender. What do we need to do before you're willing to admit it- destroy the Free Brothers' mothership?!

Hey now, keep it civil!
I'm trying, but A: bad temper, and B: it's hard when he's so blatantly wrong while insisting so strongly that he's right.

Oh right, Beowulf is currently down for repairs... Hmmm, we need to thin the Fliers out before the actual Kaiju arive. Unfortunately I don't think the Perseus's main guns are going to work as Impromptu Flak Cannons.

The Perseus needs to advance and get the Kaiju's attention. Being an Not Mercury should in theory get their attention on that alone, and the Dragon Kaiju was very confused by the existance of a Not Mercury, maybe that will help?

Plusse, the QM asked you and Chron to stop. Either take it to PMs or Stop.

A fine excuse to sweep our achievements under the rug
And now you're strawmanning, too.

I'm trying, but A: bad temper, and B: it's hard when he's so blatantly wrong while insisting so strongly that he's right.
It's easy to assert an argument is wrong when you imagined it from thin air. But I'm not interested in playing that game with you.
Plusse, the QM asked you and Chron to stop. Either take it to PMs or Stop.
Yeah, theres no value in continuing a fight I didnt even pick in the first place.

Last edited:
The vote will be open for a couple of days, just long enough for anyone new or returning to join in. But until then, happy discussing!

I'll fill out the lore pages of those introduced so far in the meantime.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for the IRL tabletop game I absolutely did not forget about prepping because I was busy getting this new thread up and going.

And now you're strawmanning, too.
All I ask is that you maintain a consistent set of criteria to determine whether a given battle counts as a "stress test." Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, you aren't.

So... enlighten me, if you will: What disqualifies each of our previous deployments from qualifying as a "stress test" by your standards? And how does our current deployment fulfill each of those requirements that our previous deployments failed?

All I ask is that you maintain a consistent set of criteria to determine whether a given battle counts as a "stress test." Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, you aren't.
I had all of two posts in this thread when you replied, and abstained from debating the stuff about the pre deployment actions over a year ago now.

Like I said.

Everything you've said about my stances is wholly imaginary. Offenses or whatever. Whatever is causing you to hallucinate posts that dont exist arent my business, and I'd rather you not try to make it anyone elses than your own, either.

@Sir Plusse - if it helps to address those concerns, you all will get more entangled into the wider politics of the EUDF and Earth Union later on, and you'll get a closer view on what people think of the DFRI regardles of performance.

Until then - I kindly ask that you table this discussion for now. The DFRI is still relatively new and the organization has plenty of detractors still (albeit they're much more quiet recently). There'll be plenty of chances to engage in this later. You've got a battle to plan!

So hmmm Perseus needs to engage the smaller Kaiju, Pegasus should focus on long range support, the air wing needs to contest enemy air assets.

I don't suppose any of our Energy Cannon designs have been implemented on any nearby Warships? I seem to remember that was going to be a thing but can't recall if it was implemented.

How do these things go in Sentai/Kaijuu/Mecha shows again? Defensive attrition until the Professor whips out the Mid-Season Upgrade.

Key will be keeping our Assets intact.

Perseus - Defend power generators so the Yukimura Institute will not lose time with the upgrades. Act as an infantry support vehicle or tank.

Pegasus - to save it's experimental energy projector cannons as either support finishers or crowbars to crack kaijuu defenses so the Mercury V can do damage once it appears. Key part is it's anti-air, will need to co-ordinate with the Chimeras to "herd" the flying mobs into dense flocks and cut them down.

25th Air Wing - basicly being "sheepdogs" to herd the flying mobs for Pegasus to cut down and being air-support for ground forces once air dominance has been achieved.

Last edited:
Should we send someone to reinforce the infantry protecting the institute from the infiltrators?

Should we send someone to reinforce the infantry protecting the institute from the infiltrators?
Don't really have anything in our available assets that can help, beyond Diana coordinating the defense which she's already doing.

From previous updates we know that Sheol's sent infiltrators before and that the labs are fortified to deal with them. We just have to put our trust into the defenders.

Don't really have anything in our available assets that can help, beyond Diana coordinating the defense which she's already doing.
Yeah, it's not like we can just drive the Perseus in using an entrance intended for humans. If we had a squad of Steeds, we might've been able to help repel the infiltrators, but we don't.

[X] Perseus
-[X] engage the Kaiju directly with the intent of stalling it until reinforcements (ex Mercury V) arrive or the institute is at risk of falling
[X] Pegasus
-[X] Fire the energy cannon at the kaiju if it looks like Perseus in trouble or it's certain it could be taken down with one shot is otherwise It should use its rotary cannons for air-to-air or CAS.
[X] 25th Air Wing
-[X] have the squadron coordinate with Pegasus and "heard" the airborne kaiju into the firing arcs of Pegasus rotary cannons. If air superiority is achieved then land and transform into buggy mode for rapid response.

First vote.

Last edited:
@Basarin do we know where the flock of aerial Kaiju came from? Was it exploded off the primary massive kaiju, one of the shorter quadrupeds, or did it just kind of explode out of nowhere?

PRAISE BE TO THE MACHINE GODS THIS QUEST IS BACK.

This is one of the first quests I started following while I was lurking without an SV account a few years ago. Hopefully it can continue this time.

Anyway, a plan:

[X]: Plan: Holding the line on a shoestring budget
-[X] Perseus
-Try to help stem the sheer number of enemy fliers with ranged attacks. If the larger Kaiju get close, engage to hold them off
-[X] Pegasus
-Hold position above the Institute and act as point defense against the fliers.
-[X] 25th Air Wing
-Hold position around the Pegasus and try to prevent the fliers from doing any damage to the Insitute

Probably not the best plan, but we don't have a lot to work with, so...

We also need to keep in mind the personalities.

Like the 25'th air wing is a bit brash, eagerly engaging even before the orders were given.
"This is Chimera-One, I am reading ten…twenty…thirty…" The marine pilot's voice sounded strained as Oscar and Xiu Ying could see the readout for themselves as their entire screen began to light up with contact after contact, all emerging from the explosion. "...screw it. Lots of bogeys, all in bound. Permission to engage?" Even as he asked for permission, the hilariously outnumbered flying defenders were already charging forwards to meet the challenge - just thankfully without the 100% likelihood of death the old conventional machines would have guaranteed them.
Maybe mention a priority of keeping themselves and other assets alive?

Back