Star Wars: Rebellion

Vote is called, could I have a vote tally please?
Vote tally:
##### 3.19
[X] Attempt Battle Meditation
No. of votes: 1

[X] The Hero With No Fear
No. of votes: 11
Tylonius, Silversun17, Thanatos757, ZeldaFan, Jorlem, cyko2041, NullVoid, Ambit, sesbio, jgalue1, King Arthur

[X] The Man In The Machine
No. of votes: 25
De3ta, EliudFS1, Derek58, Night_stalker, The Laurent, Redshirt Army, Noco, subsider34, trooperist, whydoesitmatter, Wing101, Chimeraguard, Inf0mercial, TerrisH, Tetsurou, LightMage, durin, NinjaMAster, SirHades2.0, afterthought53, Whumbly, D.D. Spectator, Ahra, Outoftheinferno, KnightDisciple

[X] The hero
Theburper

Vote tally:
##### 3.19
[X] Attempt Battle Meditation

[X] The Hero With No Fear
No. of votes: 11
Tylonius, Silversun17, Thanatos757, ZeldaFan, Jorlem, cyko2041, NullVoid, Ambit, sesbio, jgalue1, King Arthur

[X] The Man In The Machine
No. of votes: 25
De3ta, EliudFS1, Derek58, Night_stalker, The Laurent, Redshirt Army, Noco, subsider34, trooperist, whydoesitmatter, Wing101, Chimeraguard, Inf0mercial, TerrisH, Tetsurou, LightMage, durin, NinjaMAster, SirHades2.0, afterthought53, Whumbly, D.D. Spectator, Ahra, Outoftheinferno, KnightDisciple

[X] The hero
Theburper
Thank you.

Update should be up within the day.

The Man In The Machine
The Man In The Machine

You are Darth Vader, and you are Angry. Twisting under two crimson lances that fly your direction, you punish the rebel's impudence with you cannons, blasters flaring and blowing one of the Y-Wings from the stars. Doing a barrel roll, twin rockets fly overhead, smashing into your wingman, as one of the more advanced X-Wings blazes past, energy scorching your TIE. Depressing one of the red buttons on your controls, a concussion bomb is left twisting in space for all of a moment before it explodes, forcing Ahsoka to spin out of control, finally letting you get some breathing space. Cracked rebel channels spit out a message, "I'm going in!"

Pulling up from the battlefield, you survey the technological terror your master has constructed, looking for something out of the ordinary. There is only one way you can think of to make the rebels rout. Somewhere inside, a dragon roars, a lifetime of rage driving you. Finally, a young pilot, accompanied by a squadron of X-Wing, makes himself know to your red tinted senses. "I have you now!"

Dropping your yoke steeply, the machine roars in response, under your command. You plummet like a stone, velocity and strength, announcing your presence by blasting one of the rebels out of the sky. You twist out of the way of twelve bolts, as by some unspoken command, each X-Wing breaks off from the leader: attempting to confound you, maybe? No matter, he dies like the rest.

The Force is with this one. He twists and avoids each of your attacks, bolts flying past and striking the turrets that should be destroying him. Clever. Despite yourself, you are...impressed. Something within you respects, but cannot bring itself to enjoy, this challenge, this unknown pilot. You meditate, fall into the Dark Side. You are your hate for a moment, feeling...

Light. Pure, blinding light. Were he physical, he would burn what passes for eyes in your red and black hell. You cut deeper.

Love, the kind you and Padme once shared. Red hair and emerald eyes burn in his mind, a grey haired old man. An Alderannian. Spacer scum, Corellian. A friend. You push yet farther, deeper, into this pilot's psyche. You are intrigued, and go just a bit deeper.

Hope. Like an ocean, a never ending reservoir, the same you once held, so very long ago, before this damned suit. You are a younger man, a man possessed of energy fitting a man half your age. You break the final barrier.

Father-Son Bonding: 95+25=120

You find a presence that cannot be, a presence that died nineteen years ago. Your son. "Luke?"​ It is a small voice, one you can hardly accept as your own.

Your ruminations are cut off as you are reminded that this is a battlefield, and not a meditation chamber, as red lances fly and send your ship careening off course, while Luke, your son, goes ahead. Not even five minutes later, you hear the sound of a breath taking explosion, prepare for the long haul.

Within you, a candle starts to burn after a long hibernation.

Last edited:
I don't think he's actually redeemed yet. I think it's more that he's finally starting to doubt his path. There's the 'good in him' that existed by Return of the Jedi, only years of doubt and indecision early.

He's not just going to switch sides, but he's going to start considering his options. I mean, ultimately his appeals to Luke were, I imagine, born of desperation (he saw the writing on the wall) and a part of him that was starting to doubt, at long last.

And now he's getting them early.

Red hair and emerald eyes burn in his mind
So Luke has already met Mara Jade. Was she one of the Emperor's Hands we rescued?
Whatever happened to them? Were they taken as apprentices into the Reborn Jedi Order?

Also, yay! One Death Star down.
If memory serves the second should be under construction...somewhere.

Its kind of funny that this situation is very similar to A New Hope (if heavily altered and with more characters).

Maybe Vader will survive this time and have to truly answer for his crimes?

So Luke has already met Mara Jade. Was she one of the Emperor's Hands we rescued?
Whatever happened to them? Were they taken as apprentices into the Reborn Jedi Order?

Also, yay! One Death Star down.
If memory serves the second should be under construction...somewhere.
Yep, and they were taken as apprentices.

So... The Empire finally finished their ludicrously expensive superweapon, blew up Talus for no reason, threatened to blow up Corellia unless the rebels turned in, only for a shitload of Jedi - who were supposed to be dead - to show up and blow it up in front of the entire galaxy.

On a scale of one to ten, how pissed is Palpatine?

this update gave me an idea: we find a site strong in the lightside and build a small monastery there and in the heart of it is a meditation chamber. no one goes into the monestary and Vader gets the information needed to find sent to him some how with the message telling him to go there if he chooses to forsake the dark side. if he does so and enters the meditation chamber he will find medical droids, an operating table, his old lightsaber and a suit of armor to replace the one he is bound to now.

Yep, and they were taken as apprentices.

Also, is there going to be a big official announcement of "The Jedi are back" with holovids or so on? Or is helping to blow up the Death Star a public enough 'We're back' that everyone will know it's them and not just rebels?

I mean, Palpatine knows it's Jedi, and so does Darth Vader, but I don't imagine they'd be telling everyone they saw about it.

Last edited:
So... The Empire finally finished their ludicrously expensive superweapon, blew up Talus for no reason, threatened to blow up Corellia unless the rebels turned in, only for a shitload of Jedi - who were supposed to be dead - to show up and blow it up in front of the entire galaxy.

Not to mention the public relations failure from threatening genocide and blowing up an inhabited planet in response to a rebellion. Not a good day to be Emperor.

Last edited:

Let me put it to you this way:

Coruscant is about to get some major lightning storms once the news breaks.

Also, is there going to be a big official announcement of "The Jedi are back" with holovids or so on? Or is helping to blow up the Death Star a public enough 'We're back' that everyone will know it's them and not just rebels?

I mean, Palpatine knows it's Jedi, and so does Darth Vader, but I don't imagine they'd be telling everyone they saw about it.
You could have a big hullabaloo about how you're back while also rubbing in the fact that the old man can't commit genocide right in his wrinkled face, but as far as these things go, functionally speaking you're revealed.

Back