Star Wars General Discussion Thread

So actually Osohla being Shilian would be in violation of canon, with her being blue? Well shit.
I mean you don't have to take it as gospel. You have the power to declare something be different in your story.

Canon only truly matters for how it affects official mainline stories.

It is weird that the Togs and Zabraks both have this thing where the mainstream culture of the species gets zero attention (Dave's blorbo aside) and all the focus is instead on an offshoot which essentially amounts to a single town.
Notsomuch - like Shaak To, Raana Tey, Jora Malli are all Shili Togrutas. Kiros only really came up for the slavery plot in TCW.

That said, it's entirely plausible for your character be from Shili but not orange-red because of generational immigration. Like if her parents or parents' parents or further back came to Shili then your character wouldn't not be Shilian any less. Excuse the triple negative. :V

I mean you don't have to take it as gospel. You have the power to declare something be different in your story.

Canon only truly matters for how it affects official mainline stories.

Notsomuch - like Shaak To, Raana Tey, Jora Malli are all Shili Togrutas. Kiros only really came up for the slavery plot in TCW.

That said, it's entirely plausible for your character be from Shili but not orange-red because of generational immigration. Like if her parents or parents' parents or further back came to Shili then your character wouldn't not be Shilian any less. Excuse the triple negative. :V
Oh, I fully intend to go with my headcanon because I like "Togruta adapted to the various climates of Shili and then those various tribes and nations intermarried until the species took on their modern pick-n-mix variety" much more than "all grass on Shili is red", which itself isn't even a thing anymore because in TotJ it's all green.

Who is that? Haven't come across them so far.
One of the main 2nd generation academy kids - became a love interest to Jacen but there's a lot more to her than that. Most of her stuff iirc is in Young Jedi Knights, the mainline young readers books of the 90s era before she got folded into the main cast for New Jedi Order (Vong plotline). Legacy of the Force decided to have her molest her boyfriend's nephew, you can see why all of us tell you to stop when you get to those.

Oh right. Didn't realise Jacen had kids.
I think Allana Solo is literally the only good part of LotF come to think of it lol.

On the plus side during the YJK-era she was basically a one-armed barbarian Jedi/Red Sonja expy, which was pretty rad.

On the other hand, making her the Padme 2.0 to Jacen's Anakin 2.0 during LotF fucking sucked.

Unfortunately that was always probably not going to make it barring a retcon since the grass on shili is red-orange and white and that's what they're blending in with. Togruta of other colours only really happened due to swtor customisation and TCW picked it up for its offworld colony only, so I think it was always going to have a shelflife.

It would've needed a Tholothian grade retcon to survive.
So actually Osohla being Shilian would be in violation of canon, with her being blue? Well shit.

It is weird that the Togs and Zabraks both have this thing where the mainstream culture of the species gets zero attention (Dave's blorbo aside) and all the focus is instead on an offshoot which essentially amounts to a single town.

Considering what we know about genetics right now, species mutating into different colours in a relatively short timeframe. Especially considering a short time frame to Star Wars is, like, a millennia. That's not even getting into sci fi shit like genetic modification.

But the canon brainworms that Star Wars has always operated on demands that there be a "canon" colour for Togruta or Twileks, and "canon" roles for each species. Disney is just intensifying that tendency for the sake of standardizing and flattening the setting as much as possible.

Last edited:
Legacy of the Force decided to have her molest her boyfriend's nephew, you can see why all of us tell you to stop when you get to those.
That was Tahiri, not Tenel Ka. And it wasn't his nephew, it was his cousin.
I haven't read Legacy of the Force but I'm unsurprised that a much older woman preyed on a much younger boy, considering that one of the series's authors is Karen Traviss, the author of the Republic Commando series. She has a thing for insane age differences, often pairing up much older women with young men/boys and once a much older man with a young woman.

A few of the young men even had sexual fantasies about said older man despite the fact that he's their adoptive father. Of course as said young men were "real, virile men" so they got married to women because they're obviously not gay. Just liked watching their papa eat a nut covered popsicle once in awhile. And daddy calling him sir in a professional military context just happened to be very exciting.

It's a complete coincidence that said young man went on to marry a woman old enough to be his mother. Sure, this is word of god about what was supposed to happen in Karen's canceled RepComm book but it doesn't stop the fact that she planned an age difference akin to Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. And yeah I'm talking about Bardan and Arla Fett, Jango's older sister.

Never before have I seen a sci fi setting where clones have accelerated aging mention said clones physical and chronological ages as many times as I did in the RepComm series. Especially how stressed it was that it was totally ethical for them to be dating adult women. Adult women where's there's an age differences even when comparing the clones' accelerated ages.

Like do you have emphasize that it's ok for the 13 year old to be dating the 36 year old because he's physically 26 years old and in 8 years he'll be physically older than his girlfriend? Or the several other clones dating much older women in their late 30s-50s?

I haven't read Legacy of the Force but I'm unsurprised that a much older woman preyed on a much younger boy, considering that one of the series's authors is Karen Traviss, the author of the Republic Commando series. She has a thing for insane age differences, often pairing up much older women with young men/boys and once a much older man with a young woman.

A few of the young men even had sexual fantasies about said older man despite the fact that he's their adoptive father. Of course as said young men were "real, virile men" so they got married to women because they're obviously not gay. Just liked watching their papa eat a nut covered popsicle once in awhile. And daddy calling him sir in a professional military context just happened to be very exciting.

It's a complete coincidence that said young man went on to marry a woman old enough to be his mother. Sure, this is word of god about what was supposed to happen in Karen's canceled RepComm book but it doesn't stop the fact that she planned an age difference akin to Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. And yeah I'm talking about Bardan and Arla Fett, Jango's older sister.

Never before have I seen a sci fi setting where clones have accelerated aging mention said clones physical and chronological ages as many times as I did in the RepComm series. Especially how stressed it was that it was totally ethical for them to be dating adult women. Adult women where's there's an age differences even when comparing the clones' accelerated ages.

Like do you have emphasize that it's ok for the 13 year old to be dating the 36 year old because he's physically 26 years old and in 8 years he'll be physically older than his girlfriend? Or the several other clones dating much older women in their late 30s-50s?

Travis sucks and that sounds icky.

But it does raise a point that a thirty year old clone would be in their sixties or seventies physically and mentally they're like twenty by the time they are ten. That clone deserter in TCW who married would have been about twelve and he married someone who presents in her thirties.

I feel that Karris being weird about it is part of being a bad writer but any clone relationship with a non clone is going to go strange places. They are mentally years ahead of any non adult, physically decades older than their actual age and they're looking at a finite lifespan filled with struggle and hardship but also very limited life experience beyond that considered necessary for military service.

They're almost reverse loli vampires in anime in that they are young people who look and act older and have imprinted memories so never had a childhood.

Iirc it was one of Denning's books not hers that has the incident.

Travis sucks and that sounds icky.

But it does raise a point that a thirty year old clone would be in their sixties or seventies physically and mentally they're like twenty by the time they are ten. That clone deserter in TCW who married would have been about twelve and he married someone who presents in her thirties.

I feel that Karris being weird about it is part of being a bad writer but any clone relationship with a non clone is going to go strange places. They are mentally years ahead of any non adult, physically decades older than their actual age and they're looking at a finite lifespan filled with struggle and hardship but also very limited life experience beyond that considered necessary for military service.

They're almost reverse loli vampires in anime in that they are young people who look and act older and have imprinted memories so never had a childhood.
Well yeah being a clone with accelerated aging sucks because you've essentially lost your childhood. A lot of fandoms have it, hell even other Star Wars authors have dealt with the topic much better.

It's not weird that Superboy and Miss Martian started dating despite the fact that he's not even a year old yet (although she does become a toxic, manipulative mind controlling girlfriend/wife later on).

Karen just makes a point of making it weird. The fact that the women in her clone relationship get progressively older is just kinda weird. Especially since eventually the 50/20 year old couple she had planned wasn't a clone but a Nat born young man and a woman as old as Mace Windu.

Edit: it's also weird that the only "same age" couple, the clone Darman and the Jedi Etain, has Etain feel Darman through the Force and empasize how much he feels like a 10 year old child the first time she meets him.

It doesn't help that the excuse for why he suddenly feels like an adult is because he's seen the horrors of war, because like that's not how that works. I mean, I kinda get that she wanted to emphasize the child soldier angle and have them have a sexual relationship a year later but yeah, it's weird.

Child soldiers see the horrors of war all the time and while it matures them beyond their years it doesn't suddenly make it less weird to date them.

It's like buddy I know that clones are the bread and butter of most sci fi settings but Karen just makes it really weird. Yeah it sucks they age so fast and it would've been interesting to explore the ethics of clones but she just makes it really weird because. It's certainly a choice to empathize the fact that the clones are child soldiers (and not say teen soldiers) in the same series that they date much much older and experienced women.
Iirc it was one of Denning's books not hers that has the incident.
I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Loved YJK when I was younger (though the books were kind of meh after the Shadow Academy) and it's part of why I so dislike where Jacen's character went after NJO.

Back