Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Though Han did also work with Voss, who had Decraniated biodroid servants.
Plus I imagine that smugglers aren't particularly picky when it comes to steady employers.

Finished up an Anakin short. I realise that this is arguably the cliche fanfic "my OC could take the main character" thing, but from another perspective this is Anakin stepping to a Temple Guard six years his elder, without any expectation that this might not go his way.

Finished up an Anakin short. I realise that this is arguably the cliche fanfic "my OC could take the main character" thing, but from another perspective this is Anakin stepping to a Temple Guard six years his elder, without any expectation that this might not go his way.
In fairness dark Ani/Vader just fukkin walking over everything unopposed got really tiresome and cheapens both him and his opponents IMO so I can only really support a willingness to make him have to work for his reputation.

I think I earned it. The basic idea was talent vs skill (obviously Anakin has skill, but in this case his opponent has spent much longer getting good).

View: https://x.com/SCentralized/status/1844817290828632187

Rogue One has a lot of fans but it's 7/10 at best to me imo. It would be 9/10 if they focused on this sort of "war-building" for the setting rather than a meandering, over-edited scavenger hunt that's the nth retelling of how They Stole the Death Star Plans. I bring up R1 because it's the closest the series actually got to a proper Star Wars. (Andor is not a Star Wars, it is Star Insurgency and Star Tactical Espionage Action.)

Last edited:
TLJ remains my most happy Star Wars happy place. Also the tie-ins really added their own punch in places (suddenly the crew of Cobalt Hammer are characters I've known for a while book, and when Leia bids Emily goodbye she's losing someone who was there the first time she lost someone...)

The Canto Bight book, meanwhile, is also a terrific bundle of stories. Lots of fun.

Though Han did also work with Voss, who had Decraniated biodroid servants.
Plus I imagine that smugglers aren't particularly picky when it comes to steady employers.

I mean, we meet Han in a 'Hive of Scum and Villainy'. And always remember, Han shot first. While Solo himself may not have been an irredeemably bad person, he hung out with a lot of them for the sake of a paycheck.

variety.com

‘Star Wars’ Movie With Daisy Ridley Loses Screenwriter Steven Knight

Screenwriter Steven Knight has departed the "Star Wars" movie set to follow Daisy Ridley's Rey after the events of 2019's "The Rise of Skywalker."
In March 2023, Variety exclusively reported that Knight had signed onto the project, replacing original screenwriters Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson. Lucasfilm is actively talking with potential writers to take on the story, which has been said to chronicle Rey's efforts to start a new Jedi Academy, but the delay likely means production won't start until well into 2025 at least.

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is still attached to direct the film, which would be her feature debut; she previously directed episodes of the Disney+ series "Ms. Marvel" after twice winning the Oscar for best documentary short film.

The article goes into more detail after the cut, but the guy probably ran into scheduling issues with the movie and three other TV projects he's in a leadership role for.

Back