Shadowrun: Mumbai [NOW RECRUITING; ALL WELCOME!]

With 63k left you can grab cybereyes and smart gun link, if you do not want cyber ware grab some contacts with startling and startling your guns as well.

Some burner comm links and some burner SINs are also often useful.
Guns don't have smartlink and I do have some goggles with a bit of the extra.

Recommendations for burner links?

Okay, 12 months payment in lifestyle means that it can be carried on indefinitely right, without me having to pay more?

Yep, which means I will usually be able to beat availability 14 and if I pay double normal price that jumps to beating availability 18 currently.

Hm. If I'm in the same room as the seller and hopped up on Novacoke...that's a pool of 18. Shopping with the girls is going to be fun. :ogles:

Okay, 12 months payment in lifestyle means that it can be carried on indefinitely right, without me having to pay more?
It's 100 months.

Hm. If I'm in the same room as the seller and hopped up on Novacoke...that's a pool of 18. Shopping with the girls is going to be fun. :ogles:

I do not have drugs yet but plan to get into designer drugs from Chrome Flesh, they can get pricey but that can boost pools up a bit and at 5 edge I can edge pretty much any roll I want so my dice pools are going to get wild pretty fast.

Fuck. Is that in total or does it have to be paid all at once?

All at once.

Fuck. Is that in total or does it have to be paid all at once?
That's what you pay to make it permanent, so yeah all at once.

I do not have drugs yet but plan to get into designer drugs from Chrome Flesh, they can get pricey but that can boost pools up a bit and at 5 edge I can edge pretty much any roll I want so my dice pools are going to get wild pretty fast.
Ah yeah those are fancy. Technically Deirdre's gear is pharmaceutical grade, but Chummer doesn't do that at all so i just doubled the volumes. Gotta get some real money going so she can get her skillwires and the really good stuff :D

Okay then.

Added to gear:
Smartlinks to weapons and helmet. (2725Y)
Fake SIN Rating 1 (2500Y)
Fake Sin Rating 3 (7500Y)
10 Metalinks (1000Y)
60 Restraint, plastic (30Y)
Trideo set, medium (500Y)
4 meters worth of Safety fuse (20Y)
Grapple Gun (500Y)
100 m Stealth Rope (85Y)
4 disposable lighters
6 rolls of ducktape
1 Liter Canteen (10Y)
Savior Medikit (2000Y)
4 Savior Medikit Supplies (1200Y)
Gecko Tape Gloves (250Y)
MicroFlare Launcher (175Y)
4 Microflares (100Y)
2 Rating 3 Respirators (300Y)
Earbuds, rating 2 (100Y)
Laser Microphone Rating 4 (1225Y)
-Headphones
-Audio Enhancement Rating 1
-Select Sound Filter Rating 1
-Sound Link

And added
Wired Reflexes Rating 1

So stuff currently looks like this

Priorites went
Magic: E
Metahuman: D (Human)
Resources: C
Attributes: B
Skills: A

Attributes
Bod 3
AGI 5
REA 4
STR 1 (+1 Paid with Karma)=2
CHA 2
INT 4
LOG 6
WIL 3
EDGE 5

Qualities
Common Sense
Sense of Direction

SINner (National) (Asmando)
Prejudiced (Specific, Outspoken) [Ghouls]
Vendetta (Ghouls)
Social Stress

Lion-O {Fixer} (3/2)
Pickit {Fence} (2/2)
(3 Karma used)

So given those qualities I think some people can guess that this guy has had a rather bad run in with Ghouls before (specifically Asmando's feeding of metahuman flesh to ghouls.)

Skills currently has
Skill Groups
Athletics 5 (Gymnastics 10, Running 7, Swimming 7)
Biotech 5 (Biotechnology, Cybertechnology, First Aid, Medicine 11)

Individual Skills (Rank) [Dice Pool]
Armorer (4) [10]
Chemistry (3) [9]
Demolitions (6) [12]
Etiquette (4) [6]
Free-Fall (3) [6]
Navigation (2) [7]
Negotiation (4) [6]
Perception (3) [7]
Pistols (6) [11]
Sneaking (6) [11]
Survival (+1 Paid with Karma= 1) [4]
Unarmed Combat (5) [10]

I'm kinda feeling like this is a bit too spread out, but I'm not sure what I want to drop...

Knowledge Skills

Arabic N
German (5) [9]
English (4) [8]
Business (5) [11]
Biology (6) [12]

Martial Arts
Parkour
-Leaping Mantis
-Monkey Climb
-Rolling Clouds
-Kip-Up
(22 Karma)

Cyberware
Retractable Climbing Claws (2000Y)
Wired Reflexes Rating 1 (3900Y)

Lifestyle

Traveler two months paid (6000Y)

Armor
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit (650Y)
-Biomoniter
Urban Explorer Helmet (2100Y)
-Smartlink
Vasion Island: Steampunk (2250Y)
-Custom Fit

Weapons
Tiffani-Defiance Protector (600Y)
-Laser Sight
-Gecko Grip
-smartlink, internal
--70 Taser Darts (350Y)
Colt Government 2066 (850Y)
-smartlink, internal
--100 StickNShock (800Y)
--70 Explosive (560Y)
--60 Hollow Point (420Y)
--20 Flare Rounds (40Y)

Gear
Renraku Sensei (1000Y)
Autopicker [6 Rating] (1500Y)
Sequencer [3 Rating] (750Y)
White Noise Generator [6 Rating] (300Y)
Area Jammer [3 Rating] (600Y)
Bug Scanner [6 Rating] (600Y)
AR Gloves (150Y)
Subvocal Mic (50Y)
Backpack [Good] (100Y)
Goggles [4 Rating] (1950Y)
-Flare Compensation
-Vision Enchancement [2]
-Low Light
Maglock Passkey [4 Rating] (8000Y)
Keycard Copier [4 Rating] (2400Y)
7 Flashbang Grenades (700Y)
7 Paint Grenades (700Y)
Fake License [4 Rating] (Concealed Carry Permit) (800Y)
Fake License [4 Rating] (Firearms License) (800Y)
Fake License [4 Rating] (Medical License) (800Y)
Fake SIN (Abram Dulan) (12,400Y)
-Fake License [4 Rating] (Concealed Carry Permit) (800Y)
-Fake License [4 Rating] (Firearms License) (800Y)
-Fake License [4 Rating] (Explosives Licence) (800Y)
Flashlight, low-light (25Y)
Survival Kit (200Y)
3 Advanced Medkits [3 Rating] (2700Y)
6 Medkit Supplies (600Y)
2 Biomoniters (600Y)
7 Disposable Syringes (70Y)
6 Liter Bottles of Water (30Y)
10 Thin Washcloths (10Y)
Gold Docwagon Contract (25000Y)
Fake SIN Rating 1 (2500Y)
Fake Sin Rating 3 (7500Y)
10 Metalinks (1000Y)
60 Restraint, plastic (30Y)
Trideo set, medium (500Y)
4 meters worth of Safety fuse (20Y)
Grapple Gun (500Y)
100 m Stealth Rope (85Y)
4 disposable lighters
6 rolls of ducktape
1 Liter Canteen (10Y)
Savior Medikit (2000Y)
4 Savior Medikit Supplies (1200Y)
Gecko Tape Gloves (250Y)
MicroFlare Launcher (175Y)
4 Microflares (100Y)
2 Rating 3 Respirators (300Y)
Earbuds, rating 2 (100Y)
Laser Microphone Rating 4 (1225Y)
-Headphones
-Audio Enhancement Rating 1
-Select Sound Filter Rating 1
-Sound Link

As for background he (I do names last) grew up in Asmando, where he and a very close friend/sibling were surrounded by rampaging/ravenous Ghouls. They tried to get away, but only my character succeeded. He took what happened and it gave him a lifelong hatred of those who have succumbed to the HMHVV virus, but especially those of the HMHVVIII strain. (Wanted to make him a carrier for some self loathing but I couldn't find the trait for some reason.) On one particularly dark occasion he went back to the area where his friend was eaten with weapons and let loose. He hasn't quite done that again, though he can't really find it in himself to feel bad about it, though he tries to remember that not all of them are as bad as those ones were, he'd just rather find the distinction from a far.

However, he also used it as motivation to try and discover a way to prevent subsequent infections and kill off the disease in this generation--though if that takes wiping out the current population, he doesn't won't loose sleep. He was taken in as an apprentice by a Street Doc, now five years dead, and learned the trade from that woman.

He uses the Shadows to see the research and projects the corps either don't mention or don't show the results of, looking for anything to help him end what might be a "magical disease." Though since he doesn't have a lick of magic in his blood...

What more should I try to flesh out?

Essence 3.80
Physical Track 10
Stun Track 10
Initiative 8 (9)+2d6
Armor: 11
Composure 5
Judge Intentions 6
Lift and Carry 5
Memory 9
Movement 10/20, 10/hit
Swim 6, 5/hit

What parameters do I use if I took priority C for funds when rolling for starting nuyen and how do I calculate based on the rolls?

So just some mathhammer out of curiosity for trying to acquire gear, my negotiation is 6, using edge ups that to 11 rerolling 6's, novacoke is +1 for 12, charmer base with level 2 smoothtalk and level 1 general is +4 for 16. This costs 290 nuyen and 1 edge. If I pay double that will also give me 4 more dice for 20 dice rerolling 6's.

uhh, that ended up being like 15 successes, holy shit.
Conundrum threw 12 6-faced dice. Reason: acquisition test Total: 46
3 3 6 6 4 4 5 5 6 6 3 3 5 5 2 2 6 6 3 3 2 2 1 1
Conundrum threw 12 6-faced dice. Reason: acquisition test Total: 49
6 6 6 6 2 2 5 5 1 1 5 5 6 6 6 6 4 4 5 5 1 1 2 2
Conundrum threw 6 6-faced dice. Reason: acquisition test Total: 22
1 1 6 6 6 6 2 2 6 6 1 1

Last edited:
Hmm, looking at it deeper the custom drugs seem impossible to use. The Cost/Addiction table is woefully incomplete and there's not really enough data to extrapolate what the hell they were trying to do there. :confused:

Hmm, looking at it deeper the custom drugs seem impossible to use. The Cost/Addiction table is woefully incomplete and there's not really enough data to extrapolate what the hell they were trying to do there. :confused:

The examples seem to have the information needed for that which is silly.

Almost as silly as my negotiation roll being enough to buy a nuclear attack submarine.

Thinker, can I get a loan for 400 million nuyen?

Last edited:
Not quite enough variables. It doesn't have anything for the Block 10-13 tier and even then the problem is tough since you need to work backwards to find how (Block 2, Level 3)+(Block 9, Level 2)+(Block 4, Level 2) nets +2 to the Addiction rating and +4 to the Threshold. They really screwed the pooch there.

I missed that blocks 10-13 are missing for the example and only just realized it is per level I had mathed out a working system before but per level throws it all out the window. The difference between base and final is 2-4 and there are 7 levels across two blocks. The math can only work with blocks 1-8 0-0 and block 9 1-2

Almost as silly as my negotiation roll being enough to buy a nuclear attack submarine.

Thinker, can I get a loan for 400 million nuyen?
46F is more like a reward for completing something nearly impossible (like 99% probability that you will die), but for the best of Shadowrunners. And where are you going to get the crew? :B

Well see we open drug dens, get a bunch of people addicted to pills we manufacture on our submarine lair and then start a pipeline of brainwashed mariners that work for peanuts. :V

Eh, I think we could start with a national or one of the AA's maybe. No point walking before you can run.

Eh, I think we could start with a national or one of the AA's maybe. No point walking before you can run.
No, you have to start with the AAA contenders because if you don't, you've lost your chance. You only get one shot as the unknown. And once you spend it, it's gone. You're expected, the methods you used are now screened so that you can't do it again. Go big or don't go at all.

Back