Shadowrun: Mumbai [NOW RECRUITING; ALL WELCOME!]

Well, it's "tommorow", and we've still not got a post yet. I think it's dragged on for two long, so I'm dropping BCK223, and moving on with the game.

I'm curious if we're all going to be facing GM interrupts for door security. :V

They either find none of Deirdre's stuff and everything is fine, or they find all her stuff and this gets super messy.

I'm curious if we're all going to be facing GM interrupts for door security. :V

They either find none of Deirdre's stuff and everything is fine, or they find all her stuff and this gets super messy.

Or they find her stuff, tag her astrally, and in the opening seconds of anything happening becomes a priority target with a bullseye on her she cannot see.

Actually, I should probably ask, does the bar have Matrix support? Do I even have to show up in person?

Or they find her stuff, tag her astrally, and in the opening seconds of anything happening becomes a priority target with a bullseye on her she cannot see.
What?

So in that scenario the door security has a mage that makes her gun and knife in a pat down, then tags her astrally and lets her enter the premises with what's basically an assassin's loadout? I mean, Deirdre has little regard for the laws of men and mortals, but even she'd think that was a foolish move considering they have no notion of her intentions (which are mostly to schmooze, try and make models feel bad about themselves, and do excessive amounts of drugs [potentially off of other people's bodies], then see what this little work thing is about). Stuff gets messy if any of us are made with gear and have to wave off our entrances

What?

So in that scenario the door security has a mage that makes her gun and knife in a pat down, then tags her astrally and lets her enter the premises with what's basically an assassin's loadout? I mean, Deirdre has little regard for the laws of men and mortals, but even she'd think that was a foolish move considering they have no notion of her intentions (which are mostly to schmooze, try and make models feel bad about themselves, and do excessive amounts of drugs [potentially off of other people's bodies], then see what this little work thing is about). Stuff gets messy if any of us are made with gear and have to wave off our entrances

No, they have a MAD scanner on the door, it goes off when you walk through with your stuff, and security signals a mage to tag you astrally when physical security distracts you. This means the mage can follow you around without you knowing and if you start shit the security forces on the premises know what you have and where you are. If other people start shit you also probably get a stun bolt just to be on the safe side.

No, they have a MAD scanner on the door, it goes off when you walk through with your stuff, and security signals a mage to tag you astrally when physical security distracts you. This means the mage can follow you around without you knowing and if you start shit the security forces on the premises know what you have and where you are. If other people start shit you also probably get a stun bolt just to be on the safe side.

If there's a Mage in the White Rose bar working security, and they're actively astrally scanning the customers, it's perfectly possible that they may be a little distracted at the moment by the Christmas tree (without any foci!) in a nice suit who just walked in. :V

Assuming they didn't miss him.

If I remember right the scanner only needs 1 hit to succeed and if this is a nice enough place their scanner could have plenty of nice left.

If there's a Mage in the White Rose bar working security, and they're actively astrally scanning the customers, it's perfectly possible that they may be a little distracted at the moment by the Christmas tree (without any foci!) in a nice suit who just walked in. :V
You took Astral Beacon too?

Man, we can just forget about astral stealth, becuase they can probably 'hear' me from a couple blocks away.

If I remember right the scanner only needs 1 hit to succeed and if this is a nice enough place their scanner could have plenty of nice left.
Well, device rating 6 is getting up there and they'd need a 7 to have one die left over from the malus. I'll admit to not knowing a lot of the system's back end, but at that point wouldn't we be getting in to ultra secure corp stuff?

Well, device rating 6 is getting up there and they'd need a 7 to have one die left over from the malus. I'll admit to not knowing a lot of the system's back end, but at that point wouldn't we be getting in to ultra secure corp stuff?

I thought this place was having a party for the utra-rich corporate types celebrating a blockbuster movie?

I thought this place was having a party for the utra-rich corporate types celebrating a blockbuster movie?
Yeah, but a society party isn't top secret facility levels of security, y'know? AAA security zones employ rating 5-6 scanners, which honestly makes me a bit more concerned for my SIN than my weapons truth be told, which would seem to fit this glitz and glamour setting more than the increasingly astronomical budget you might get for a black site or something.

Yeah, but a society party isn't top secret facility levels of security, y'know? AAA security zones employ rating 5-6 scanners, which honestly makes me a bit more concerned for my SIN than my weapons truth be told, which would seem to fit this glitz and glamour setting more than the increasingly astronomical budget you might get for a black site or something.

I would guess it depends on who all is coming, if these are movie investors at the party they are worth as much as a corporate black site and would want the best protection available.

Back