Shadowrun: Mumbai [NOW RECRUITING; ALL WELCOME!]

Distinctive Style is? And what's your addiction. Everything else looks to be legal from a first glance.
I was thinking the Distinctive Style would be a combination of a fancy scarf usually worn pulled over the nose and extensive glowing tatoos. As for the addiction, for some reason the idea of a chain-smoking Dwarf mystic adept really appeals to me.

I think that I'm riding pretty close to what I can get from the negative Karma, and I just remembered why that skeleton doesn't have Contacts, since it was first built for a game where everybody had Amnesia. I can drop Ambidextrous and one level of Focused Concentration to free up enough points for two decent contacts.

Backstory and street name will take just a tiny bit longer, I've got some stuff rattling around in my brain and the gag subs of Turuk Turuk Tan aren't helping.

Any chance there's still a spot for a Mage?
Sure, but you might want to focus more on support and less on the blasty side of things. (Go 15 dice for combat spells!)

Hey...for the Focused Concentration Quality, what is a good rank to start with. I mean, how high a Force will my spells really need to be early on?

Oh, while I'm stewing at work: Where do Machine Pistols fall in terms of Martial Arts techniques? I think RAW keys off of skill which leaves them out in the cold with their bigger cousins, but apart from recoil their form factor isnt that much different from the Pistol types. Debating where to put my seven remaining karma now that I've had time to mull and pick at my build.

Aster White - Decker
Alright, definitely the final version of my character sheet because I need to stop editing it for once. Added some more ammo of the Stick-n-shock type.

Chummer file.

I don't know how to get the PDF file.

== Info ==
Street Name: Patchwork Cat
Name: Aster White
Movement: 6/12, 6m/ hit, Swim: 4, 3m/ hit
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human Female Age 22
Height 4'11" Weight 93 lb
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 9
Lift/Carry: 4 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 10
Nuyen: 2920

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D,1
Attributes: B,3
Special: E,0
Skills: A,4
Resources: C,2

== Attributes ==
BOD: 2
AGI: 3
REA: 2
STR: 2
CHA: 4
INT: 5
LOG: 6
WIL: 4
EDG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence: 5.8
Initiative: 7 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative: 7 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:
Matrix AR Initiative: 7 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative: 5 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative: 5 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track: 9
Stun Damage Track: 10

== Limits ==
Physical: 3
Mental: 7
Social: 6
Astral: 7

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling : 0 Pool: 3
Archery : 0 Pool: 2
Armorer : 0 Pool: 5
Automatics : 0 Pool: 2
Blades : 3 [Knives] Pool: 6 (8)
Clubs : 0 Pool: 2
Computer : 5 Pool: 11
Con : 5 [Fast Talk] Pool: 9 (11)
Cybercombat : 5 Pool: 11
Demolitions : 0 Pool: 5
Disguise : 3 Pool: 8
Diving : 0 Pool: 1
Electronic Warfare : 5 Pool: 11
Escape Artist : 0 Pool: 2
Etiquette : 2 Pool: 6
First Aid : 0 Pool: 5
Forgery : 2 Pool: 8
Free-Fall : 0 Pool: 1
Gunnery : 0 Pool: 2
Gymnastics : 0 Pool: 2
Hacking : 5 Pool: 11
Hardware : 5 Pool: 11
Heavy Weapons : 0 Pool: 2
Impersonation : 3 Pool: 7
Instruction : 0 Pool: 3
Intimidation : 0 Pool: 3
Leadership : 0 Pool: 3
Longarms : 0 Pool: 2
Navigation : 2 Pool: 7
Negotiation : 3 Pool: 7
Palming : 4 Pool: 7
Perception : 2 Pool: 7
Performance : 1 Pool: 5
Pilot Ground Craft : 0 Pool: 1
Pilot Watercraft : 0 Pool: 1
Pistols : 5 Pool: 8
Running : 4 Pool: 6
Sneaking : 4 Pool: 7
Software : 5 Pool: 11
Survival : 0 Pool: 3
Swimming : 0 Pool: 1
Throwing Weapons : 0 Pool: 2
Tracking : 0 Pool: 4
Unarmed Combat : 3 Pool: 6

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Mumbai : 3 Pool: 8
Chemistry : 1 Pool: 7
Data Havens : 4 Pool: 9
Engineering : 2 [Electrical] Pool: 8 (10)
English : N Pool: 0
Gaming : 5 Pool: 10
Hindi-Urdu : N Pool: 0
Matrix Games : 4 Pool: 9
Shadow Community : 1 [Personalities] Pool: 6 (8)

== Contacts ==
Alpha Joe; Mechanic (2, 2)
New*Face; ID Manufacturer (2, 1)
Thomas "Patchy" Eisel; Street Doc (1, 5)
WePlay; Fixer (4, 2)

== Qualities ==
Analytical Mind
Bilingual
Dependent (Inconvenience)
Distinctive Style
First Impression

== Lifestyles ==
Apartment 1 months

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Cat's Eyes (AGI 0, STR 0, Physical 2)
Datajack (AGI 0, STR 0, Physical 2)

== Armor ==
Armor Jacket ("Cat-Eared Hoodie") 12
Clothing 0

== Weapons ==
Knife
Pool: 6 (8) Accuracy: 5 DV: 3P AP: -1 RC: 2
Remington Roomsweeper
Pool: 8 Accuracy: 4 DV: 7P AP: -1 RC: 2
Streetline Special
Pool: 8 Accuracy: 4 DV: 6P AP: - RC: 2
Unarmed Attack
Pool: 6 Accuracy: 3 DV: 2S AP: - RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Microtrónica Azteca 200 (ATT: 5, SLZ: 4, DP: 3, FWL: 2)
+Encryption
+Exploit
Renraku Sensei (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 3, FWL: 3)

== Gear ==
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Holdouts) x60
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x80
Ammo: Stick-n-Shock (Holdouts) x60
Ammo: Stick-n-Shock (Heavy Pistols) x80
Concealable Holster
DocWagon Contract, Basic
Fake License (Bounty Hunter's License) Rating 3
Fake License (Concealed Carry Permit) Rating 3
Fake License (Cyberdeck License) Rating 3
Fake License (Pistol License) Rating 3
Fake License (Matrix Software License) Rating 3
Fake SIN (Aster Filch) Rating 3
Holster
Mapsoft (Mumbai)
Spare Clip (Streetline Special) x2
Spare Clip (Remington Roomsweeper) x2

== Karma Expenses ==

== Nuyen Expenses ==
21/09/2016 8:33:08 PM 2920 Starting Nuyen

== Description ==
The short and almost underweight woman looks a few years younger than she is, still looking like a kid. She's dressed in light-brown cargo pants, a faded grey t-shirt with a "Ferris Wheel" chemistry joke on it, and her iconic pink cat hoodie, the hood usually drawn up and cat-ears sticking up. The hoodie itself is covered in several small patches of various colours and materials, patching up holes brought on by four years of wear and tear. Slung over her shoulder is her backpack, a plain grey one, containing her cyberdeck and spare ammo, and, when she's not wearing it on her hip, her Roomsweeper. Her dyed strawberry blonde hair is cut short and rough, and her blue eyes seem to bounce from thing to thing, never resting still. Her voice is cheerful and energetic, speaking quickly and usually slipping in a few cat puns when she feels like it. When she gets particularly happy, she can make meowing sounds completely unconsciously by this point.

== Background ==
Aster White is the daughter of a Shadowrunner and an unknown father. When her mother got pregnant completely by accident with her, she pulled every favour she could to get out of the business with enough money to live comfortably, even if she occasionally had to do an odd job or two to pay back some favours. Raised in relative safety comfort, Aster quickly developed an interest in technology, starting with a second-hand outdated commlink, and managing to hack her way into one of her mother's friends commlink while they were around. Her mother sought to nurture both this potential and teach her daughter her own con-woman skills, before she became pregnant again with a different father, another shadowrunner who soon died during a run. Her mother died giving birth to her half-brother, Ryan, and Aster promised to take care of him.

She quickly ran into the usual problems when a 16 year old girl tries to take care of a baby kid, namely, money. So she moved in with another old friend of her mothers, Thomas "Patchy" Eisel, a Street Doc. When not taking care of Ryan, she threw herself into the Matrix, learning how to manipulate, hack, and otherwise use it to it's fullest effect. When she turned 18, she went on her first run, with a second-hand Erika MCD-1, a Streetline Special stolen off of Patchy, and way too much confidence. Her eyes were damaged by a flashbang on the run, but otherwise the run was a success. She blew her earnings on getting her eyes replaced with Cat's Eyes bioware, as well as a pink cat-themed hoodie which soon became her favourite item of clothing, even though 4 years later several patches of other colours have been sown on, and the inner lining replaced with armouring. She picked her nickname both as a reference to her hoodie and as a way of referencing the third most important person in her life, and now, a few runs, an upgraded Cyberdeck, and a new bigger gun later, Patchwork Cat works as a full-time shadowrunner.

Back