Only One Can Win The Eurasian War! Axis IC Thread

I suppose. But if we give it laser weaponry or other advanced tech on it, I'd give it a new name.

It's a new tank.

12.8cm gun with armor to match.

A laser cannon version would be available too.

The problem Ebbor is that the Tiger carries a gun that's 20mm smaller than what the latest model of the old Drakan MBT carries... the new one either has a bigger gun, the same gun, or an improved version of that same gun. I do not want to find out they've developed VK Ammunition and are using it in a larger tank cannon just as the war kicks off...

And considering the Draka were having issues penetrating the Soviet T32, I think we're probably best if the Tiger 2/Leopard carries at least a 120mm main gun...

EDIT: UbeOne, any reason it's 12.8, not 125mm?

It's what the Germans have.

The 12.8cm Flak for instance.

The 12.8cm PaK as well.

The Maus was armed with a 12.8cm gun.

The same reason I went with 3.7cm autocannons instead of 40mm.

Yes. Stuff like that is why we used the modified Mauser (7.92x33mm) round as well. Stuff like that makes it easier to convince the German military to take what we design, besides easing logistics.

The 46cm guns are an exception because the OTL Kriegsmarine never had guns bigger than 38cm.

It's a new tank.

12.8cm gun with armor to match.

A laser cannon version would be available too.

Personally, I think making an upgraded Tiger over a completely new tank is for the best unless the chassis can't support whatever designs you have in mind. It's also a slight nod to DUST Tactics, besides easing logistics strain in having just one tank model. Besides, we've invested alot in the Tiger chassis with all the variants you've made.

We'll see.

The issue is that the Tiger was built around an 8.8cm gun. I don't know if it will have space for a 12.8cm gun.

I'll try to use many components from the Tiger at least.

...Though the same could be said of the IS-1 and the IS-2. 85mm gun versus the 122mm gun.

Last edited:
That's only because it used a casemate instead of a turret.

Anyway, here are my notes:

Panzerkampfwagen II Leopard:

This is a Main Battle Tank, and the successor to the Tiger, which resembles the Merkava in appearance. Components from the Tiger are used whenever possible for easier logistics. It is built around a stabilized 12.8 cm KwK L/65 (that is, the gun has a barrel length of 65 calibers), longer than the main gun of the historical Maus, and is also armed with a coaxial machine gun, two remote-operated roof-mounted machine guns, and an internal 5cm mortar.

It uses digital fire control systems, a laser rangefinder, a rear-mounted pancake turret and a front-mounted 1500 hp turbodiesel engine. It uses an 8-speed transmission, also front-mounted, a torsion bar suspension, conventional road wheels, and a long-range radio.

Its low profile hull has an armor scheme of 128/96/64, with a 71 degree slope on the front, while its turret armor scheme is 192/128/96. Said armor scheme values do not include the thickness of the add-on reactive armor, however. It uses integral spaced (meaning the armor has a hollow layer within for defeating HEAT rounds, like in the Leopard 1) composite armor on both the hull and the turret, has NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection, and also uses side skirts to cover the wide armored tracks (It shouldn't bog down in the mud or the swamp!), which in turn cover the sides of the hull, for extra protection. It is equipped as well with layered RRA bricks on the front and sides of the tank. To protect against mines, an armored, sloped and corrugated hull floor is used.

It is capable of neutral steering, and carries a crew of four (commander, driver, gunner, loader), which can enter and exit the tank via turret hatches on top and the clamshell rear doors on the rear of the hull.

Similar to the Merkava, design focus is given to crew survivability. All tank components are designed and arranged to act as extra armor for the crew, especially against frontal attack. Various safety measures such as blow-out panels, armored walls and doors, spall liners and automatic fire extinguishers are installed to protect the crew in case of fires, spalling and explosions, as well as to reduce the chances of those events happening. Internal air conditioning is also provided for crew comfort and NBC protection.

Lastly, it has the latest technological developments, is painted in camouflage patterns, has reduced noise and heat emissions, is easy to produce, operate, maintain and repair, uses VK materials, and has two versions: one that uses the 12.8cm gun, and one that uses an equivalent laser cannon instead.

Last edited:
Germans had the earliest remote-operated machine guns. The users just had to see their targets via periscope and operate the guns from within the turret.

Military: The Draka have a population of over 530,000,000. The US almost has a population of about 180 million. The USSR has a population of [between 150 and 180, going off by wiki and depending on how bad the purge was] million. Germany? She only has a population of [66 - 90 million, depending on how much more populous we are from earlier industrialization].

I will mention @Gideon020 that you should probably go off the population estimates I gave over PM since those were for 1942, not 1932. But the argument should still stand.

Small nitpick, but it's still the Reichswehr.

Back