Only One Can Win The Eurasian War! Axis IC Thread

You wrote up 2 production actions, gunman

Deleted the original one.

@Cybandeath : Eh fuck it. Make sure it gets chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO at least. Maybe write a bit about it using a VK metal jacketed bullet and 30 round magazine? I"ll support it.

are NEVER to leave the labs or to be shown to ANY military and political figure

I don't really see the point of this bit since that'd just be wasting another action to get it trialed?

Last edited:
Deleted the original one.

@Cybandeath : Eh fuck it. Make sure it gets chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO at least. Maybe write a bit about it using a VK metal bullet? I"ll support it.

I don't really see the point of this bit since that'd just be wasting another action to get it trialed?
hitler REALLY dident like my last gun, soooo im keeping it and the results away from EVERYONE in order to see when its done if it needs more work or can be presented, after all turns are a single month, would you want your gun designed in that time? any made the round change for you

Though really I think we need to coordinate on this so respond promptly please. We should decide on a round and small arm.
Pistol round? Whatever they're using already, I guess. I'm not sure.

Intermediate round? The 7.92x33mm Kurz, the StG 44 cartridge.

Rifle round? The one they're using in the Karabiner 98k, the 7.92x57mm Mauser.

Last edited:
hitler REALLY dident like my last gun, soooo im keeping it and the results away from EVERYONE in order to see when its done if it needs more work or can be presented, after all turns are a single month, would you want your gun designed in that time? any made the round change for you

This game seems to be using Drakaverse R&D speeds. Up to the end of WW2, they were generally 5-10 years ahead of real life and then they had shit like anti-matter by the 1990s when it really sped up after WW2.

@UbeOne : I guess we can have the G3 just use the 7.62x51mm? Though the G3 had the HK33 variant, which uses 5.56mm.

Maybe we can use that @Cybandeath ? HK33 with at least a 30 round magazine (ideally 40-60+) and a VKmetal -plated bullet. Higher capacity magazines seem to be okay with the Victory Rifle and the canon Draka service rifle being an ultimax with a 50 round magazine.

Last edited:
the allies will likely also be useing 7.62x51mm so our soldiers can use their ammo in a pinch, and due to the dangerous nature of our ammo they can end up in......accidents thinking our ammo is fine for them as well...... we would have to figure out HOW to make the ammo like that but it is a idea.

the allies will likely also be useing 7.62x51mm so our soldiers can use their ammo in a pinch, and due to the dangerous nature of our ammo they can end up in......accidents thinking our ammo is fine for them as well......

I'm leaning on 5.56x45mm for the larger magazine capacity and lighter weight. We can have DMRs and other larger guns using 7.62x51mm. Right now the Allies seem to be using .30-06 still anyway, which is ridiculous. But I guess not as much if it's essentially a 30 round BAR.

wait wasn't someone doing something to make the Blutkreuz look bad?

I'm leaning on 5.56x45mm for the larger magazine capacity and lighter weight. We can have DMRs and other larger guns using 7.62x51mm. Right now the Allies seem to be using .30-06 still anyway, which is ridiculous. But I guess not as much if it's essentially a 30 round BAR.
well you choose the ammo XD im a gun guy but I dont know my ammo as much as guns themselves

Yeah, i am trying to get Blutkreuz to be put under house arrest.
But that doesnt really stop the action of trying to get information from them. We may need their insight and such. I was just concerned about who they work for and talk to.

I'm using the Kurz and Mauser rounds because that's what we're already using (the Kurz is just a shortened Mauser). More convenient logistically.

NATO rounds only work better if everyone else uses them as well.

Ok @Cybandeath . I just wrote up a new Design action. Can you support it? It's a HK33 using a 30-60 round magazine, with a VK-jacket bullet. The benefit of supporting me is that Hitler is not pissed at me, so it can be showed readily.

I'm using the Kurz and Mauser rounds because that's what we're already using (the Kurz is just a shortened Mauser). More convenient logistically.

NATO rounds only work better if everyone else uses them as well.

Did you already make the Kurz? I'd just work on the 7.62x51mm NATO. The Kurz round was never used in the future, which makes it a little harder for me to talk about its' effectiveness.

Plus, there's the nice simplicity of only really needing those two rounds. The 7.92x57mm Mauser is a much heavier round the 7.62x51mm, which makes it considerably harder to use for a GPMG if it's not braced.

Last edited:
Did you already make the Kurz? I'd just work on the 7.62x51mm NATO. The Kurz round was never used in the future, which makes it a little harder for me to talk about its' effectiveness.
That is a rifle round. The 7.92x33mm Kurz (which is not around yet) is an intermediate round that is a shortened version of the 7.92x57mm Mauser (which is present in the ubiquitous Karabiner 98k bolt action rifle). By using a shortened version of the Mauser for our assault rifle, we could simplify our logistics.

Last edited:
Ok @Cybandeath . I just wrote up a new Design action. Can you support it? It's a HK33 using a 30-60 round magazine, with a VK-jacket bullet. The benefit of supporting me is that Hitler is not pissed at me, so it can be showed readily.

Plus, there's the nice simplicity of only really needing those two rounds. The 7.92x57mm Mauser is a much heavier round the 7.62x51mm, which makes it considerably harder to use for a GPMG if it's not braced.
considering blitzkrieg go for light, fast, powerfull, as such do whatever ammo you need for that. anyhow supporting your design, or at least darkwinter limited is

That is a rifle round. The 7.92x33mm Kurz (which is not around yet) is an intermediate round that is a shortened version of the 7.92x57mm Mauser (which is present in the ubiquitous Karabiner 98k bolt action rifle). By using a shortened version of that for our assault rifle, we could simplify our logistics.

Eh, okay. I guess they're similar enough to the 5.56x45mm performance wise. It's very likely possible to make a G3-type rifle patterned to it.

Here are my proposed small-arms designs:

1. Assault rifle: Sturmgewehr 45: Since infantry combat is usually at close range, at a few hundred meters or so at most, a full-power rifle cartridge would be overkill and relatively hard to control due to recoil, as well as underutilized by most soldiers. This weapon, an assault rifle, combines the controlled firepower and rate of fire of an SMG and the accuracy and stability of a bolt-action rifle. It uses a shorter version (7.92 x 33 mm Kurz) of the cartridge used by the omnipresent Karabiner 98k, and has a detachable box magazine of 30 rounds. It has three firing modes: semi-auto, 3-round burst and full auto. It is also designed to be easy to produce and handle, like the historical StG 45(M), as well as highly reliable and rugged, so that it will not fail its user. It uses a bullpup configuration, that is, it has the action located behind the trigger. This way, it could have a barrel length of 500 cm while being lighter and more compact than with the conventional configuration. Lastly, it can be equipped with a scope and either an underslung knife bayonet or grenade launcher, and has a rate of fire of at least 600 rounds per minute.

2. Light machine gun: Maschinengewehr 45: This is a light machine gun, a weapon that can be easily handled by one soldier, yet can still shower an area in bullets like its heavier relatives. Based on the StG 45, it has a heavier barrel that is more resistant to overheating, a more robust mechanism that is suited to sustained automatic fire, and a bipod for firing from a prone position. It uses the same cartridge as the assault rifle, and can be fed either through a 75-round double-drum magazine or through an ammo belt. It can also use a tripod like its heavier relatives.

3. Sniper rifle: Karabiner 99: This is a semi-automatic version of the Karabiner 98k, with a 10-round detachable box magazine and a scope. This allows a quicker rate of fire for the snipers and the designated marksmen.

Here are my proposed small-arms designs:

1. Assault rifle: Sturmgewehr 45: Since infantry combat is usually at close range, at a few hundred meters or so at most, a full-power rifle cartridge would be overkill and relatively hard to control due to recoil, as well as underutilized by most soldiers. This weapon, an assault rifle, combines the controlled firepower and rate of fire of an SMG and the accuracy and stability of a bolt-action rifle. It uses a shorter version (7.92 x 33 mm Kurz) of the cartridge used by the omnipresent Karabiner 98k, and has a detachable box magazine of 30 rounds. It has three firing modes: semi-auto, 3-round burst and full auto. It is also designed to be easy to produce and handle, like the historical StG 45(M), as well as highly reliable and rugged, so that it will not fail its user. It uses a bullpup configuration, that is, it has the action located behind the trigger. This way, it could have a barrel length of 500 cm while being lighter and more compact than with the conventional configuration. Lastly, it can be equipped with a scope and either an underslung knife bayonet or grenade launcher, and has a rate of fire of at least 600 rounds per minute.

2. Light machine gun: Maschinengewehr 45: This is a light machine gun, a weapon that can be easily handled by one soldier, yet can still shower an area in bullets like its heavier relatives. Based on the StG 45, it has a heavier barrel that is more resistant to overheating, a more robust mechanism that is suited to sustained automatic fire, and a bipod for firing from a prone position. It uses the same cartridge as the assault rifle, and can be fed either through a 75-round double-drum magazine or through an ammo belt. It can also use a tripod like its heavier relatives.

3. Sniper rifle: Karabiner 99: This is a semi-automatic version of the Karabiner 98k, with a 10-round detachable box magazine and a scope. This allows a quicker rate of fire for the snipers and the designated marksmen.

I just edited my post for a G3-type rifle using the 7.92x33mm. Is that acceptable to you? Mostly, because @Cybandeath wanted a G3-pattern rifle and you wanted 7.92x33mm. The G3 is very much derived from the CETME and STG 45(M), and there are plenty of variations of the design, like one to serve as a machine gun and various precision/designated marksman/sniper rifles.

As for an LMG: That's a GPMG. Personally, I'm in favor of a MG74 (which is based off the MG42) / MG3 hybrid : Something that uses 7.92x33mm instead though. Implement some of the changes later MG42-based guns have and voila. But if you really want the MG45? We may as well use it's descendent--the MG45, and have it chambered it 7.92x33mm so it's a true LMG. Then have a heavier variant using 7.92x57mm as a GPMG.

Sniper Rifle: Use the G3 pattern in 7.92x57mm Mauser, going with the G3-pattern assault rifle. I'm no gun expert, but you can't have a "semi-automatic version" of a mauser-action rifle since it's inherently bolt-action. But I get what you mean. We may as well go for 20 round magazines though.

Last edited:
overthinking = science

science = win win kill stabby fun :ninja:

I just edited my post for a G3-type rifle using the 7.92x33mm. Is that acceptable to you? Mostly, because @Cybandeath wanted a G3-pattern rifle and you wanted 7.92x33mm. The G3 is very much derived from the CETME and STG 45(M), and there are plenty of variations of the design, like one to serve as a machine gun and various precision/designated marksman/sniper rifles.

As for an LMG: That's a GPMG. Personally, I'm in favor of a MG74 (which is based off the MG42) / MG3 hybrid : Something that uses 7.92x33mm instead though. Implement some of the changes later MG42-based guns have and voila. But if you really want the MG45? We may as well use it's descendent--the MG45, and have it chambered it 7.92x33mm so it's a true LMG. Then have a heavier variant using 7.92x57mm as a GPMG.

Sniper Rifle: Use the G3 pattern in 7.92x57mm Mauser, going with the G3-pattern assault rifle. I'm no gun expert, but you can't have a "semi-automatic version" of a mauser-action rifle since it's inherently bolt-action. But I get what you mean. We may as well go for 20 round magazines though.
I'd advocate for the bullpup configuration though.

You are probably overthinking it
I'm having fun coming up with designs.

The rifle? I have a slight bias against them personally but besides that? That may be a step too far anyway, and would probably be a pain if it's a larger magazine.
All right, let's use the G3 pattern.

We could come up with a carbine version later on if confined spaces are an issue.

Edit: Do you have a name in mind for the assault rifle?

Last edited:
dakka, i still want dakka as a name also are we just combining our three designs into one gun or is it still two guns?

Okay, morning everyone... and you might want to put something in your action about using the results of my covert action in the design of your rifle...

dakka, i still want dakka as a name also are we just combining our three designs into one gun or is it still two guns?

Dakka is dutch/south african for artillery. Not only is it silly, but it'd be a call back to the Snakes.

Do you have a name in mind for the assault rifle?

G32 works. Rifle 1933.

Kinda. It's a G3-pattern rifle using 7.92x33mm Kurz, with a high-capacity magazine and VK metal-jacketed bullets.

EDIT: Done, @Pyro Hawk

Last edited:
Back