Only One Can Win The Eurasian War! Axis IC Thread

Okay, so for Infantry weapons we plan to have the following right?

SubMachine Gun - Got a Prototype... but we don't talk about that prototype...
Assault Rifle - Gunman's working on it, 7.92x33mm?
Battle Rifle/Designated Marksman Rifle - Currently still just a normal bolt action rifle, 7.92x57mm
Sniper Rifle - Whatever they had during WW1
Light Machine Gun - Nothing so far I believe
Heavy Machine Gun - Working on it, 12.7x??mm?
Anti-Tank Rocket - The Panzkerknacker, a 2-shot 90mm, 6 ready reloads, Anti-Tank Rocket. Reusable

And Gideon, do we have to trade all the technology we've developed with the British/French, or is that something that's been ended, because we've taken some very rewarding research actions, without knowing we're giving it all to those who would be our enemies if that's the case...

Last edited:

Battle Rifle/Designated Marksman Rifle - Currently still just a normal bolt action rifle, 7.92x57mm
Anti-Tank Rocket - The Panzkerknacker, a 2-shot 90mm, 6 ready reloads, Anti-Tank Rocket. Reusable

Using Gunman's G32 as a base, we could have these:

Light machine gun: G32-M: This is a light machine gun, a weapon that can be easily handled by one soldier, yet can still shower an area in bullets like its heavier relatives. Based on the G32, it has a heavier barrel that is more resistant to overheating, a more robust mechanism that is suited to sustained automatic fire, and a bipod for firing from a prone position. It uses the same cartridge as the assault rifle, and can be fed either through a 75-round double-drum magazine or through an ammo belt. It can also use a tripod like its heavier relatives.

Sniper rifle: G32-S: This is a semi-automatic sniper rifle which is based on the G32, using the 7.92x57 mm Mauser cartridge. It has a 10-round detachable box magazine, a scope, and a bipod. This is for both the snipers and the designated marksmen.

Carbine: G32-C: This is a G32 with a shortened barrel, to make it easier to use in confined spaces.

And Gideon, do we have to trade all the technology we've developed with the British/French, or is that something that's been ended, because we've taken some very rewarding research actions, without knowing we're giving it all to those who would be our enemies if that's the case...
research trade is not on I believe.

Make a slightly different version that's basically the MP3008. If changing the magazine placement isn't enough, we can use the MP5, but with a folding stock.

Light machine gun: G32-M: This is a light machine gun, a weapon that can be easily handled by one soldier, yet can still shower an area in bullets like its heavier relatives. Based on the G32, it has a heavier barrel that is more resistant to overheating, a more robust mechanism that is suited to sustained automatic fire, and a bipod for firing from a prone position. It uses the same cartridge as the assault rifle, and can be fed either through a 75-round double-drum magazine or through an ammo belt. It can also use a tripod like its heavier relatives.

Based off the OTL (original timeline) HK22 I assume? 7.92x33mm could be used for an LMG, and 7.92x57mm for a GPMG.

Sniper rifle: G32-S: This is a semi-automatic sniper rifle which is based on the G32, using the 7.92x57 mm Mauser cartridge. It has a 10-round detachable box magazine, a scope, and a bipod. This is for both the snipers and the designated marksmen.

Carbine: G32-C: This is a G32 with a shortened barrel, to make it easier to use in confined spaces.

Yeah, both of these work. We could have the carbine use a folding stock too (plus have any paratroopers use folding stocks). Though it'd be G32-K, for Kompakt. Or Karabiner (that's german for Carbine I believe.)

--

Politically speaking? Domestically, I'm in favor of neutering the hardcore nazis/killing them off. We should avoid a war that will trigger France/the UK fighting us. Foreign, we should get Italy allied with us at the least and build up anti-Draka sentiment. Also get some arms shipped off.

Last edited:
Okay, one problem with those plans.

The LMG's you are using as inspiration don't fire the shortened Assault Rifle round, they fire the standardised NATO battle rifle round... with is almost a .308 rifle round. Which is equivalent to what the 7.92x57mm Mauser's role is for us...

And you might want to not put 7.92x33mm for your new round, but something like 'it will fire a 7.92mm cartridge, with a desired length of 33mm'...

This means if a 34mm long cartridge or a 32mm long cartridge gives better performance, your designers will go with that, instead of sticking to 33mm...

I didn't know of the HK22. I just wanted an LMG that is based on the assault rifle.

I mistyped, HK21. :p

And yeah, fortunately we have a base that works very well for that role.

Continuing on politics? I think we should spend a turn or two supporting eachother on fucking over the SS/hardcore nazis and strengthening the Old Guard.

Anti-Draka wise? I got three ideas:
1. Get a copy of that book that shifted the Draka from white supremacism to Draka supremacism and the advocating of world enslavement of all non-Draka. Translate that and publish that everywhere, emphasizing southern Europe (balkans, Italy, Spain, France, Spain & Portugal) and America for distribution.
2. Get footage/accounts of how White Christian Bulgarians published alongside #1.
3. After that, use any foreign support to help arm rebels in the middle east & bulgaria.
4. Push for parties sympathetic to Germany in the Balkans. Make them militarize and follow the Swiss militia system as a bulwark against eventual Draka aggression.

The LMG's you are using as inspiration don't fire the shortened Assault Rifle round, they fire the standardised NATO battle rifle round... with is almost a .308 rifle round. Which is equivalent to what the 7.92x57mm Mauser's role is for us...

And you might want to not put 7.92x33mm for your new round, but something like 'it will fire a 7.92mm cartridge, with a desired length of 33mm'...

This means if a 34mm long cartridge or a 32mm long cartridge gives better performance, your designers will go with that, instead of sticking to 33mm...

Not a problem at all. It's called re-chambering the gun, which is done for many kinds of firearms. The 7.92x57mm is not equivalent to the 7.62x51mm by the way. I mean, if you want a real life example? The MG3 is basically a 7.62x51mm version of the MG42 (which uses the 7.92x57mm Mauser, a full-sized rifle round). Oh, and the CETME Ameli Light Machine Gun is basically a MG42 that uses 5.56x45mm. So, it's perfectly doable especially for something like the G3.

Last edited:
@Gunman

Another thing, can you include a 3-round burst mode in your assault rifle? It's more accurate and less wasteful on the ammo for most situations.

You could include an optional drum magazine in your design right now.

Done.

EDIT: I think the German military will be more receptive to assault rifles than before. Not only because of America now, but WW1 was apparently closer to WW2 in this timeline, which is the rationale for the Draka developing that bullshit T-6 "assault rifle".

Last edited:
Can it also equip a knife bayonet or a grenade launcher?

Can it also equip a knife bayonet or a grenade launcher?

I figured those went without saying, unless they don't @Gideon020 ? The K98 had both after all (with the knfie bayonet being used by Germany since the 19th century). :p But I think an underbarrel grenade launcher would be a dedicated research option.

We should be a little careful by the way, as to not give the Snakes any ideas. However, we should modernize Germany and future-proof our military to an extent. Something like the G32 will be a fair rival to the Holbars T-6 that will appear in a couple of years.

Last edited:
the gun i was working on had a grenade launcher attachment......

The Draka already develop quickly as is. What we're trying to do is to catch up.

I think we can't afford to slow down. We need to secure an unfair advantage over the Draka. Also, by developing early, we can iron out all the bugs and kinks and deploy new technologies properly on the field.

I think we can't afford to slow down. We need to secure an unfair advantage over the Draka. Also, by developing early, we can iron out all the bugs and kinks and deploy new technologies properly on the field.

If we do it too early, they can copy us. If we do it right before/early in a war, they can't switch production and imitate us so easily. It's ONLY 1932.

I prefer keeping the grenade launcher. They outnumber us, we need more firepower to make up for that.

Back