Voting is open
I know we all like to think of Papa Palps as this cunning manipulator who has contingencies upon contingencies and endless schemes and plans, but for me in this timeline, I imagine he's currently hyperventilating in his apartment surrounded by empty wine bottles.

"First Maul gets chopped in half... then Master wakes up early and gives me the fight of my life! Then Dooku stopped answering my calls! T-then I lose the election...and then...and then...then the puppet I put in power turned ISARD against me! Isard! This is the worst week of my life...n-never should have gotten involved with Gunray, this is all his fault... P-pull it t-together, Sheev , you're a strong, independent Sith Lord..."
Wine? Nah this is a chugging Corellian Whiskey straight out of the bottle situation if I ever saw one.

[X] "Yes, I trust you. You, like myself, are used to being dismissed by the ambitious power brokers of the Republic. To them I am underdog figurehead. Propped up that I may fail and, in that failure, create opportunity for their gain. You they see as a tool and weapon, useful or dangerous, but not an ally to grant a say in the path forward or extend trust. But I know that people can be so much more than that, if you give them the chance. If I am to make the republic a better place, a more righteous government, with a brighter future, I must first believe it can become such, and I must believe in the men who I have chosen to stand beside me and work to bring about that brighter future. Today, Isard, I believe I have gained the greatest treasure a sentient can earn, a friend I can trust to be honest with me, and it is all thanks to you, and your willingness to recuperate my trust by confronting me for to get answers and trusting that the answer I gave would be honest.

I'm typing this on my xbox because of both phones being dead so further posts will be few in number and short, at least for a few hours

Turns out Boss Nass banished Binks because he feared his latent political mastery. He was days away from legally ousting the bosses from power and introducing radical, sweeping reforms to Otoh Gunga.

Wait, the Vote wasn't open?
Huh, guess I have to repost my Vote.
[] "To be loyal to me? No. To be loyal to the republic? Yes. And that's fine, I suspect that if I were to turn from the republic, you would do all in your power to stop me.
And that? That's good.
That said, you will be going through your colleagues' offices for bugs. And I will be briefed on the ones you've planted."

Edit: This vote was originally made by @Ramble
Edit: I changed my vote to
[X] "As I said before, with my life."
By @JAGwin.

Last edited:
The Game begins

In the shadows of the Senate chambers, Palpatine paced with an intensity that few had ever seen. His usually immaculate composure cracked at the edges, revealing a simmering rage beneath the surface. This was supposed to be his moment, the culmination of years of careful manipulation and quiet power plays. But it had all come unraveled, and the source of his frustration was none other than the clumsy, seemingly hapless Gungan who sat in the Chancellor's chair.

As he replayed the events of the past few days, Palpatine's thoughts seethed with indignation. How could he, a master of the game, be thwarted by that buffoon? Yet, behind those stumbling words and wide-eyed innocence, there had been something Palpatine hadn't accounted for—an unexpected shrewdness that had blindsided him at the most critical moment. A deft maneuver, turning the conversation about Isard into a veiled warning, a reminder of the Pius Dea and the dangers of consolidating too much power.

"That fool!" he hissed under his breath, but the word rang hollow even to his own ears. No, he knew the truth. The Chancellor was far from foolish. He had seen through the veils of manipulation and spun his own web, pushing Palpatine into a corner without ever raising his voice. That subtle threat, cloaked in historical reference, was a masterstroke—and Palpatine loathed that he hadn't seen it coming.

He thought back to the moment when Isard had confessed. The recording, the one he'd intended as leverage, had backfired spectacularly. Instead of isolating Isard, it had pushed him closer to Binks. The agent's desperate plea to the Chancellor had become an oath of loyalty. It was a betrayal that Palpatine hadn't anticipated, a shift that had turned one of his most valuable pawns into an asset for his rival.

He clenched his fists, feeling the pulse of dark energy in his veins, his anger threatening to burn through his carefully crafted façade. The room seemed to darken with his mood, the shadows lengthening as if drawn toward him. How could Binks—of all beings—outmaneuver him in this crucial stage? He had been so certain that Isard, once isolated, would be easy to turn against his master. But Binks' unexpected show of trust had shattered that plan.

The Gungan had used Palpatine's own strategy against him, sowing doubt in Isard's mind about his true place in the Chancellor's circle. And that line—I trust Isard with my very life, but only if he asks me for what he needs directly. Not someone else.—had been the fatal twist. It was more than a statement; it was a declaration of sovereignty, a warning that he, Palpatine, was being kept at arm's length.

For a brief moment, he allowed himself to acknowledge a grudging respect. Binks had played the game well, far better than Palpatine had ever expected. But that respect was quickly swallowed by the roiling fury that churned within him. This was a setback, a bitter one, but not the end. No, he would make sure of that.

"Enjoy your victory, Chancellor," he murmured, a smile—thin, cold, and devoid of warmth—curling his lips. His mind was already working, already adapting. There were always other avenues, other ways to undermine Binks' newfound confidence and reclaim his influence over the Republic. Palpatine had never lost a game before, and he did not intend to start now.

As he stood there, in the shadowed corners of his office, he vowed that this would only be a temporary defeat. He had seen the weakness, the cracks in the Chancellor's armor, and he would exploit them. If trust was the new battlefield, then he would ensure that the Gungan found himself surrounded by shadows and whispers, unable to discern friend from foe.

"Let him think he has won," Palpatine whispered, his voice echoing softly through the darkened room. "But the game has only just begun."

With that, he turned back to his work, his mind racing with new plots and schemes, each more ruthless than the last. The anger still burned, but it was now a cold, calculating fire—one that would not be extinguished until he had secured the power that he believed was rightfully his. And when that time came, he would make sure that there was no one left to challenge him, least of all Jar Jar Binks.
given isard is his primary mole in jar jar's government this is premature. Isard isn't likely to allow Palpatine to realize his change in loyalty for a year if not longer. Furthermore, palpatine is coming to respect Jar Jar so this is somewhat out of character from power politics 2: Results

[X] "To be loyal to me? No. To be loyal to the republic? Yes. And that's fine, I suspect that if I were to turn from the republic, you would do all in your power to stop me.

Currently typing like mad on a Tarkin Omake, may the force guide me well.

[X] "To be loyal to me? No. To be loyal to the republic? Yes. And that's fine, I suspect that if I were to turn from the republic, you would do all in your power to stop me.
And that? That's good.
That said, you will be going through your colleagues' offices for bugs. And I will be briefed on the ones you've planted."

edit : I changed my vote :

[X] "Yes, I trust you. You, like myself, are used to being dismissed by the ambitious power brokers of the Republic. To them I am underdog figurehead. Propped up that I may fail and, in that failure, create opportunity for their gain. You they see as a tool and weapon, useful or dangerous, but not an ally to grant a say in the path forward or extend trust. But I know that people can be so much more than that, if you give them the chance. If I am to make the republic a better place, a more righteous government, with a brighter future, I must first believe it can become such, and I must believe in the men who I have chosen to stand beside me and work to bring about that brighter future. Today, Isard, I believe I have gained the greatest treasure a sentient can earn, a friend I can trust to be honest with me, and it is all thanks to you, and your willingness to recuperate my trust by confronting me for to get answers and trusting that the answer I gave would be honest.

Last edited:
I mean I wanted to wait a little longer to open the vote but okay.

vote open
sorry. Missed that. Damn dead phones.

Wait, the Vote wasn't open?
Huh, guess I have to repost my Vote.
And that? That's good.

Edit: This vote was originally made by @Ramble
Um. Isard isn't loyal to the republic. Remember he wants out of the job and away to escape politics and political intrigue. Your sort of misconstruing Isard asking whether jar jar really trusts him and why with a philosophical question about loyalty to the republic or jar jar.

And that? That's good.

Tarkin has an Idea​

"To Minister Tarkin:

I am happy to get your inquiries, it is after all the first time in several decades any of us here at Republic Fleet Systems have heard anything from the Chancellorship. To answer your main question, we can in fact design a new strike-fighter for the republic. Building it however is another thing entirely, nearly all of our yards were mothballed or sold off, with only the heavily backlogged Abhean shipyard remaining in good condition.

Frankly, it will be years before we can start producing any orders you might have, and unless we get the largest cash infusion since the great galactic war, decades to get the mothballed yards back online. We can however refurbish any Aureks you might dig out of storage, its tradition here to make the most out of them after all.

Sincerely,

President Ignathus Loganus, Republic Fleet Systems"

Tarkin's frown deepened as he read the E-mail, mind going over the changes he'd have to make to the SRF plans.

"M-3PO, what's the current estimate on Aurek class starfighters in storage across the core?"

"Approximately 7493 sir." the droid responded, not even bothering to look away from its dataslate.

Tarkin processed that for but a moment, if even a 10th​ of those were usable then that would go a long way to providing fighter craft for the SRF... Fighters that were absurdly obsolete. No, these wouldn't do in the long term.

RFS was out for the time being, so who else could pick this up?

Kuat? No, far too expensive.

Incom? The Z-95 was effective, and the prototype ARC was certainly impressive... but they left much to be desired in terms of maneuverability.

Rendili? They hadn't made a fighter worth anything in millennia.

Mandalmotors? They were damn good, but would they even produce for the republic...

"Sir, I have received the feasibility analysis from Minister Jensen regarding Judical Reform 44 or proposal JUD-7b21Q-44." M-3PO said, breaking Tarkin out of his thoughts.

"And? Did he give any feedback on the costs?"

"Yes, to quote: "Absolutely not, the republic can barely afford to arm the Judicals as is, and outright cannot afford the starships for them. If you had a way of providing the guns, armor, and ships then perhaps we could, but I doubt you are capable of willing such into existence." he also included several very long breakdowns on the exact expenses of the Judicals that I would rather not spend the time on."M-3PO responded.

Tarkin scowled, before drinking deeply from his cup of caf.

"How in the name of the force am I supposed to build what is necessary to protect the people of the galaxy if we can't even afford a 20% increase to the Judicals?"

"I'm afraid I do not posses a answer to this question sir." M-3PO said

Ignoring the droid, Tarkin began going over his options.

Volunteer militias? No, too irregular and too vulnerable to corruption.

Mercenaries? More feasible, but not valid long term.

"M-3PO, open a new project titled Republic Auxilia Act."

"Affirmative sir."

several caf filled hours later

Tarkin wanted to scream.

Standard Mercs?
Unreliable, stupid, poorly armed, and corrupt.

Hiring out corporate security?
Unreliable, stupid, and very corrupt.

PMC's?
Absurdly expensive, more likely to make Galidraan look like a bar brawl than protect people.

Battle Droids?
He'd rather kiss a hutt.

Mercenaries were either too terrible to be worth hiring, or so expensive as to defeat the point.
He needed a force that was disciplined, capable, and affordable. Three things he simply couldn't find in any traditional merc unless they were utterly desperate for work, and those usually just went to the hutts like the mandalorians.

Wait.

"M-3PO, what is the percentage difference in pay for mandalorian mercenaries between roughly 1000 years ago and now."

"Approximately -74% sir, with the two largest drops being after the excision and mandalorian civil war" M-3PO responded.

Perfect

They came with weapons, armor, some of the best damn ships in the galaxy, and more martial experience than any other... and they practically were free for the taking.

Tarkin rapidly fired away at his dataslate, inputting every last thing he could think of. This idea could very well kill a dozen womprats with a single blaster bolt. Reinforce the Republic? Check. Deprivethe hutts of their best mercs? Check. Tie the greatest extant threat of the Republic to it? Check. Draw recruits away from the Death Watch faction? Check. Be within the budget?
"Kriff"

M-3PO outright snapped from its dataslate, before speaking: "Pardon sir? I do not believe I have ever heard you state such language before."

"Ignore that, get me the soonest possible meeting with the Vice Chancellor and Minister Jensen."

"Understood sir." M-3PO said, returning to his dataslate.

If he had to talk to that human-droid than so be it, he had hit aurodium and wasn't about to let it slip away.

Author note:
First time I've done creative writing in years, t'was quite fun.

And that? That's good.

And that? That's good.

Holy shit did we just get 5000 political power! That is halfway to a reform! We could actually pass a Major Law now! Not to mention the one-time constitutionalist bonus as well! I just got here so are we planning on any Major Laws? Or do we want to keep going with more Minor Law for a bit to build up more? I recall wanting to go after the Cartels, it is too early for that, or should we go for it now?

Does anyone have any ideas about what we will propose this turn?

Yeah let's actually answer his question instead of going Republic talk.

Would You Like To Know More? 2 New
@Magoose have another news omake:

Would You Like To Know More? 2

The Federal News Network burst to life once again, its unmistakable crest spinning into view, heralding another significant moment in galactic history. The voice of the announcer, steady and commanding, cut through the ambient noise of Coruscant's endless bustle.

"In an unprecedented triumph for the newly appointed Supreme Chancellor Jar Jar Binks, the 'Right to Request Investigation Law,' commonly known as the Naboo Act, has passed with a resounding and unprecedented majority in the Galactic Senate."

The screen transitioned to the grand Senate chamber, where moments before, a sweeping vote had finalized the passing of the legislation. Chancellor Binks, who had been a figure of controversy and unpredictability since his rise to power, now stood at the center of an unexpected political victory. His wide eyes gleamed with joy, his long ears twitching with pride as the final results were announced.

"Mesa so happy!" Jar Jar exclaimed, his voice broadcast across the vast chamber. "Dis is a victory for da people! Da people of da Republic, and for da systems who long been waitin' for dis chance!"

The Naboo Act, born out of a desire to foster transparency and accountability within the Galactic Senate, gave every senator, regardless of the size or influence of their system, the right to formally request an investigation into matters of corruption, injustice, or abuse of power by any government or corporate entity. No longer would the smaller, often neglected systems be silenced or dismissed by larger, more powerful factions. The bill's success marked a seismic shift in how justice could be pursued across the galaxy.

The FNN anchor, a composed Twi'lek in a polished news chamber, offered context to viewers. "The Naboo Act, named after Supreme Chancellor Binks's homeworld, was designed to address the growing concerns of many Outer Rim and mid-rim systems. For years, they had expressed frustration at the Senate's inability—or unwillingness—to investigate matters that affected their people. Corruption, corporate exploitation, and the widening wealth gap between the Core and the Outer Rim had fueled much of the unrest."

A cutaway revealed interviews with senators who had been staunch supporters of the act. Senator Bail Organa, a leading voice of reform, appeared on the holoscreen, his words measured but optimistic. "This law is a step toward restoring trust between the Republic and its citizens. The ability to demand investigations when corruption arises is essential in maintaining a just and stable galaxy. For too long, our smaller systems have lacked the tools to defend themselves from exploitation. The Naboo Act ensures that every voice, no matter how small, will be heard."

The screen transitioned to Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo, whose support for the act was unwavering. "As a representative of a smaller system myself, I know how difficult it is to have our concerns addressed. The Naboo Act empowers the weak and gives a voice to those who have been ignored for far too long." Her elegant features reflected both pride and hope as she praised Chancellor Binks for his initiative.

The narrative quickly shifted, highlighting how unexpected this victory was for Jar Jar Binks. The Gungan, whose ascension to Supreme Chancellor had been met with skepticism and concern, had surprised even his harshest critics by successfully navigating the political complexities of the Senate. His legislation had garnered widespread support not just from Outer Rim representatives, but from numerous Core World senators as well.

"This is unprecedented," the anchor remarked. "The Naboo Act is Chancellor Binks's very first legislative achievement, and it is already being hailed as a success—possibly his first landmark success... well, ever. In his short tenure as Chancellor, many had questioned whether he had the political acumen to govern effectively. But with the passage of this act, Binks has not only proven his critics wrong, but he has also given hope to systems that had long been disenfranchised."

A quick montage of reactions from across the galaxy followed. On the streets of Naboo, citizens cheered, waving banners of blue and green to celebrate the Chancellor's achievement. In the Outer Rim, senators from worlds like Mon Cala and Lothal spoke in favor of the new law, calling it a win for transparency and fairness. Even in the Core Worlds, where opposition to Binks had been strong, the bill's passage was met with cautious approval.

The screen returned to the anchor, who brought the focus back to the implications of the law. "The Naboo Act has set a new precedent within the Galactic Senate. This is the first time in recent history that smaller systems will be able to directly challenge corruption and call for investigations without fear of retribution or being drowned out by larger interests. For many, this represents a victory for democracy itself, reminding the galaxy that no system is too small to make a difference."

As the segment came to a close, the camera panned once more to Chancellor Binks, now surrounded by senators offering their congratulations. His face beamed with a mixture of pride and disbelief, as if still processing the enormity of his success. His first legislative move as Supreme Chancellor had shattered all expectations.

The screen flashed its familiar banner:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

"Chancellor Binks: From Senate Clown to Reform Champion,"
"What Does the Naboo Act Mean for Corporate Interests?"
"The Growing Divide: How Core Worlds Are Responding to the New Era of Transparency."

===

The Federal News Network's logo shimmered into focus once more, casting a soft glow over the holoscreens of the galaxy. Today, the tension in the air was palpable, as a narrow but momentous decision had just rocked the Galactic Senate.

"In a rare and highly charged public session, Senate Bill 2134—more commonly known as the Starfighter Reaction Force program—has officially passed." The anchor's voice was steady, though it couldn't mask the intrigue behind this unexpected outcome. "With a budget exceeding 10 billion credits, this bill allows the study, production, and deployment of advanced starfighters for the Republic security forces and the Judicial Department."

The camera cut to the Senate chamber, still humming with residual energy from the vote. Senators stood in tight clusters, their conversations animated, while others remained seated, their expressions betraying a mix of relief, resignation, or frustration. The results were in, and SB 2134 had passed by a slim majority—just enough to carry the bill forward but not enough to drown out the skepticism that had plagued its journey.

"The vote was neck and neck until the final moments," the anchor explained as a holographic tally of the vote flickered onscreen, showing just how close the decision had been. "But the passage of this bill marks another trailblazing victory for Supreme Chancellor Jar Jar Binks, his second landmark legislative success since taking office."

The screen shifted to Chancellor Binks, who stood at the podium with an uncharacteristic sense of focus and resolve. His wide Gungan eyes blinked rapidly as the results sank in, and a wave of approval rippled through the Senate chamber. The Chancellor, often underestimated, had once again defied the odds.

"Mesa say, da galaxy needs protectin'—da people need protectin'—and this new starfighter force is da key to dat!" Binks's voice rang out through the chamber. "Our systems out there facin' more dangers than ever before, and dis bill means we can develop da best defenses—da fastest and most powerful starfighters—so dat we keep da peace and da Republic strong!"

The Starfighter Reaction Force, also known as the Starfighter Armament Corps, had been proposed in response to growing unrest along the Republic's borders and in critical trade routes. Various criminal and nonstate forces were growing bolder, pirate raids were increasing, and the Republic's Judicials were finding themselves outmatched by the increasing sophistication and numbers of enemy ships.

Binks's bill, while ambitious and controversial, aimed to counter this escalating threat by ensuring the Republic's military was equipped with cutting-edge starfighters designed for rapid deployment and surgical precision.

The FNN anchor returned, explaining the bill's implications. "The Starfighter Armament Corps will be tasked with overseeing the production of these new starfighters, alongside the study of advanced military technologies to ensure the Republic remains ahead of its adversaries. The 10-billion-credit budget will fund research and development, as well as the initial fleet of ships to be deployed in critical sectors."

A quick montage followed, showing holo-footage of prototype starfighters and sleek designs floating in simulation. These were not just ships—they were symbols of the Republic's renewed strength, designed to outmaneuver and outgun the threats lurking at the galaxy's edges.

The Starfighter Armament Corps was a signal to both allies and enemies that the Republic was prepared to defend its interests.

The screen cut to interviews with senators, offering differing perspectives on the bill's passage. Senator Bail Organa, known for his cautious but pragmatic stance, voiced his concerns. "While I agree with the need to bolster our defenses, we must be careful with such vast sums of credits. This kind of military expansion comes at a high price—not just in terms of budget, but in the potential shift in how the Republic handles security. We need to ensure that these forces remain accountable and that diplomacy remains our first option, not an afterthought."

On the other hand, Senator Ask Aak of Malastare, who had been a vocal proponent of the bill, celebrated its passage. "This is a necessary step. We are on the brink of war, whether we want to admit it or not. Those who take advantage of the Republic's weakness grow stronger every day, and we cannot rely on outdated starfighters to protect our systems. Chancellor Binks has done what needed to be done. We need new ships, new technology, and the means to deploy them quickly. This program gives us that."

Yet, as the screen returned to the FNN anchor, there was an undeniable undercurrent of political intrigue. "The bill passed with a small landmarkity, but it was enough. Just enough. Chancellor Binks's critics, wary of his growing influence, have been left with little room to challenge the outcome without appearing obstructionist. His enemies, though numerous, have found themselves in a difficult position—they cannot cry foul, not after the close, legitimate vote."

The camera panned to the Senate's public galleries, where spectators had been watching the session unfold. Among them were lobbyists for military manufacturers, clearly pleased by the prospect of the upcoming contracts and developments. Their influence had no doubt helped push the bill over the edge, securing the narrow victory.

"With the Starfighter Armament Corps set to begin production soon, Chancellor Binks's political momentum seems unstoppable," the anchor concluded. "His second legislative victory may have been won by a razor-thin margin, but it has left a mark. The Republic's security forces and Judicials will soon have a fleet of new, advanced starfighters at their disposal, ready to face the ever-growing threats of a galaxy in turmoil."

The screen briefly cut back to a view of the Chancellor, still receiving congratulatory nods and gestures from those senators who had supported him. The smile on his face was broad, his unassuming charm and resilience once again defying expectations. Few had believed his tenure would produce such swift action, and yet here he stood, his second landmark bill now passed.

A familiar banner flashed across the screen:

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

"Starfighter Armament Corps: A New Era for Republic Defense?"
"Chancellor Binks's Rapid Rise: Political Genius or Lucky Gambit?"
"Critics Warn of Military Overspending Amid Heightened Galactic Tensions."

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back